Why are people accepting Drake using a ghostwriter?

• 127 results
Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Come on I know Meek snitched and embarrassed himself, but come on people. How can you accept someone being on top who's there because he looks the the best in that position?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life. Most people need help with Everything

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People don't care because it doesn't matter. There are real problems in this world(war, genocide, terrorism, famine) that are actually worth people's attention and ire.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because drake outside the US is not even mentioned or considered, he's quite irrelevant

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Jews run the media and in turn run the conversation.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jesusthesefanboys

Hes on top in sales, but he will probably never go down as a great rapper in many eyes. Dr Dre can get away with writers, because firstly he credits them, everyone knows he uses writers and didn't 'hide' them like Drake. Also look how much Dre has done for rap. Dre is most known as an amazing producer.

Also people aren't talking about him in general:

@sprior93 said:

People don't care because it doesn't matter. There are real problems in this world(war, genocide, terrorism, famine) that are actually worth people's attention and ire.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause he makes good music better than garbage like Lil B, Young Thug, Guccie Mane and the like

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Yet you're on a comic book forum having discussions about fictional characters with unrealistic abilities in contrived conflcits.

Just because you don't like rap music doesn't mean you have to come with your "it doesn't matter talk"

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: Dre main thing is producing, so it really doesn't matter. Despite that he's own music is good as well. Drake claims to be the great one but doesn't write he's own raps c'mon in what world is that ok.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: :/ you said practically the same thing i said. Except that by using Ghostwriters, Drake can never be a great imo. Dre is legend in the game. Drake has mainstream appeal of course he will be on top by sales, not by talent or influence in rap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil

Yet you're on a comic book forum having discussions about fictional characters with unrealistic abilities in contrived conflcits.

....and? I never said that people can't have discussions or voice their opinions. I just gave a plausible answer to the OP's question.

Just because you don't like rap music doesn't mean you have to come with your "it doesn't matter talk"

I like rap music....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Another thread about this shit?

Who cares? Why is it okay to have plethora of threads about the same nonsense subjects, even though we already have an umbrella thread for this already?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:
@sprior93 said:

It's still a fair answer though. May be Drake isn't as relevant as some believe so the fact he is doing that doesn't really make a big impact

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: I was really just agreeing with you. Drake can't be the best when Kendrick & Cole are there in my opinion.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Static Shock

It shouldn't be a big deal to any of us. Many rappers have had ghostwriters over the years.

The only person that should be faulting Drake is Meek, because he paid the guy to write a verse for RICO. Instead of writing it, Drake paid someone else to do it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Cloakx14

maybe, Drake has ghost writers because he's just lazy.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

Idk, he definitely loses some points in my book if he uses a ghost writer....I still mess with his music tho....

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By judasnixon

@albusan said:

Because Jews run the media and in turn run the conversation.

You know I can hear you?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 vance_astro  Moderator

Because Quentin Miller isn't a ghostwriter by definition.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Quentin Miller isn't a ghostwriter by definition.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SORRY!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

You guys say this on a debate site that discusses things that has no consequence whatsoever to the world?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@sprior93 said:

You guys say this on a debate site that discusses things that has no consequence whatsoever to the world?

Of course the topic will be discussed on niche websites were things of no consequence are discussed for fun, but it really doesn't matter to the majority of people and nor should it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same reason Rick Ross has fans. Most people don't care, they just want to be entertained and their music does that.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:
@comicstooge said:
@sprior93 said:

Of course the topic will be discussed on niche websites were things of no consequence are discussed for fun, but it really doesn't matter to the majority of people and nor should it.

Not really, what should and should not matter to people is entirely circumstantial and subjective. I could point out many things that hold great importance to someone who lives on the other side of Earth that I literally don't give a shit about in any way, shape, or form.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@wolverine08 said:
@comicstooge said:
@sprior93 said:

Not really, what should and should not matter to people is entirely circumstantial and subjective. I could point out many things that hold great importance to someone who lives on the other side of Earth that I literally don't give a shit about in any way, shape, or form.

Why does Drake having a ghostwriter have any impact whatsoever on his music? If it still sounds good, who gives a horse's arse?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Because hip hop culture for the most part places a great value on its artists writing their own material.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it matter? Many artist sing songs that they didn't write. Many artist use beats that they didn't create. Being a star or selling albums has a little to do with talent and a lot to do with appearance, style, charm etc.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Because hip hop culture for the most part places a great value on its artists writing their own material.

I think that's the same with most musical genre's.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's kinda funny that this thread isn't locked yet. There's a topic for this already (the hip hop thread).

No more individual threads about rap should be made on the forums. Period.

Especially when topics about LGBTQ people gets locked because there is a thread for it. The same should apply here, right? The fact that topics about relegion gets locked for the same reason LGBTQ threads does.

What I'm saying is if there's a hip hop thread, why not discuss it in said topic?

Young Messiah, out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

True, only genre that doesn't give a shit about that is pop music mostly.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:
@wolverine08 said:

True, only genre that doesn't give a shit about that is pop music mostly.

Lmao, truth.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YodaPrime

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

Cause he makes good music better than garbage like Lil B, Young Thug, Guccie Mane and the like

This. Great Artist. questionable rapper. But who give's a f*** if it sounds decent. Also, spit balling and sharing a verse or two doesn't necessarily make someone a ghost writer.

I don't see anyone calling shenanigans on the president not writing his own speeches or actors not writing their own lines. These days execution>authenticity. In a world where "Future" can sell records, you can't deny, Rap has changed for better or for worse.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: I don't see anyone calling shenanigans on the president not writing his own speeches or actors not writing their own lines. These days execution>authenticity.

End thread

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of rappers have ghostwriters. Nothing new.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A lot of rappers have ghostwriters. Nothing new.

Yeah, man. People don't get that.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably for the same reason people are cool with Meek snitching.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rappers fight over who writes eachother's songs, as if it somehow matters to enjoying music

Meanwhile in Metal:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kinda funny that this thread isn't locked yet. There's a topic for this already (the hip hop thread).

No more individual threads about rap should be made on the forums. Period.

Especially when topics about LGBTQ people gets locked because there is a thread for it. The same should apply here, right? The fact that topics about relegion gets locked for the same reason LGBTQ threads does.

What I'm saying is if there's a hip hop thread, why not discuss it in said topic?

Young Messiah, out.

Very true.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ms-lola: Why thank you, Lola. :) Am glad someone agree with me.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rouflex

Its not new, Literary negroes have negroes...

#AlexandreDumas #FrenchGhostWriter

@dboyrules2011: How can you create a social movement if you do not create your own thread? Indignation does not come in closed doors of a general thread. More peoples, larger discussion.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers