Why are most Rampage Shooters....Men?

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean, sure there was that psycho woman who drown her kids with the van. But dudes always go out on shooting sprees.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I'd imagine it's because most men who go on rampage shootings don't expect to come out alive at the end of it, and there's a cultural romanticism attached to going out in a hail of gunfire. I'm not an expert by any means, nor am I implying there's anything heroic about it ---there isn't ---- but that may be a factor. There have also been studies that show guns are typically more male-related tools than female-related ones --- for suicide methods, for instance, men tend to rely on hanging or firearms, while women use drugs or poisons. Proportionally, very few women actually shot themselves.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazzMission

@xcalibur said:

I mean, sure there was that psycho woman who drown her kids with the van. But dudes always go out on shooting sprees.

i take it you didnt see the black chick who tried breaking into the white house because she believed obama was speaking to her. scary thing is she had her toddler with her and the police killed the mother . luckly the baby wasnt injured. she also hit a few cops with her veichle

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

I'd imagine it's because most men who go on rampage shootings don't expect to come out alive at the end of it, and there's a cultural romanticism attached to going out in a hail of gunfire. I'm not an expert by any means, nor am I implying there's anything heroic about it ---there isn't ---- but that may be a factor. There have also been studies that show guns are typically more male-related tools than female-related ones --- for suicide methods, for instance, men tend to rely on hanging or firearms, while women use drugs or poisons. Proportionally, very few women actually shot themselves.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

the better question should be why are all rampage shootings most white people? sure vt was korean i think but look at most shootings. its mainly white males

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Went to school for law and we studied things like this a lot. People tend to try and link aggression to testosterone, although when I studied there was nothing conclusively link in the two, it was still a popular opinion. Granted, I graduated in 2008 so there may be new studies but I've never seen anything definitively linking the two.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By russellmania77

GTA

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because men are stupid when it comes to making decisions

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why are most poisoners women?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Because guns are not sandwiches.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Why are most poisoners women?

We're smarter, and it's way easier to get away with. >:3

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HumanRocket

Not just men but Caucasian men.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It's just another manic Monday..."

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this was coming, lol.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lunacyde  Moderator

It's just the way men and women are wired. Men are much more prone to physical violence. Just look at preferred methods of suicide. As a whole men prefer violent ends like using a gun and blowing out their brains, jumping from heights, or purposely crashing their cars. Women prefer poisoning themselves or bleeding out in general.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam

We have better aim.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why are most rampage shooters men? No idea. But I'm sure some scientist somewhere is researching this very thoroughly. Maybe even more than one! :P

@saren: I'd never thought to take methods of suicide into account for something like this. That's pretty smart! You're right about the romanticism part, but I think that applies more to die hard criminals who live that lifestyle than to the majority of the mass shooters we've seen lately. As terrible as their crime is, very few of them live to see punishment. They often kill themselves, especially when faced with a bystander with a gun, or when faced with arrest. They don't want to live with the consequences of their actions. Personally, I don't see anything glorious about dying in a hail of gunfire unless I'm protecting an innocent life.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: LMAO!!!!!!!! Best answer here by far.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Testosterone?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lunacyde  Moderator

@awesam said:

We have better aim.

Actually some studies say that women have better natural aim.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lunacyde  Moderator

@saren said:

the better question should be why are all rampage shootings most white people? sure vt was korean i think but look at most shootings. its mainly white males

Wasn't the Navy Yard shooter black? Or is my memory failing me?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

Men are kind of stupid, collectively speaking.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Because through the years if you look closely you will see that guns and firearms as a whole are more of a male thing rather than a female one.Men have always relied too much on guns and statistically most men have shot themselves or have involved guns if they were about to commit suicide.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

@lunacyde said:

@awesam said:

We have better aim.

Actually some studies say that women have better natural aim.

Not just studies but history as well. During WWII The Russian army had the BEST sharp shooters and snipers in battle fields. Most were women with large counts of dead Nazis.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Jokerpoker

Generally speaking, says Lin Huff-Corzine of the University of Central Florida, women do not kill as often as men. She and other researchers have cooperated on an upcoming article for the quarterly journal Homicide Studies, based on data from the FBI. Between 2001 and 2010, less than 8 percent of mass murder offenders in the U.S. were women, she says, adding that some of the women included in the statistics assisted in a crime but did not pull a trigger.

In part, Huff-Corzine says, "this may be explained by women's weapons of choice even when they do want to do serious bodily harm to someone. Specifically, men are more comfortable than women when using guns, whereas women are more likely to choose knives. Guns are simply more effective than knives when killing another person. This is especially the case when three or more people are murdered."

And, Huff-Corzine says, "women are comfortable with being less lethal."

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause they're the majority in the US where most well-known shootings happen?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@humanrocket said:

Cause they're the majority in the US where most well-known shootings happen?

Perhaps...but it's more than likely because white males are more prevalent to psychological abnormalities like schizophrenia.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because women will get the men to do it for them......