• 69 results
#51 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Reference media has some of the reasons for it. It has been taken as witty or a rock star. Different accent helps put a new experience or added curiosity since it is different from the local accent and similar to something we have scene. USA has several known accents such as Southern, Sweet Valley and Boston to name a few.

I think it can also be due to copying old English writings we imitate it to make it more legit.

#52 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its british culture as a whole, music, accents, tv shows, etc

#53 Posted by RogueShadow (11622 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

Well yeah when I went to New York earlier this year if I spoke to the shop assistant abit or the women behind the till they always were like "oh my you're from England, 25% off anything you buy" and I was thinking do they do that for all foreigners?

Only white ones.

Lol, too true.

#54 Edited by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheerio

#55 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are Brits so fascinated with American gun laws?

#56 Posted by TheThe (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Now i understand why Madonna and Britney Spears are often faking a british accent.

#57 Posted by JMG (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Because a lot of Americans sound like idiots when they talk. Most people don't even know how to speak their own language very well. Plus Americans have a tendency to sound monotone and boring. British accents are interesting to us because it makes every conversation sound exciting to us. There is something generally enthusiastic about British, Indian, Scottish, and Australian accents.

#58 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause we're awesome

#59 Posted by Cadmus_Knightfall (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Essentially because it's different

#60 Posted by ganon15 (1718 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by Gambit474 (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say it's just British accents..some people just like different dialect from their own. When I talk to some of my friends online on xbox they seem to dig my southern accent..My Canadian friend and I make jokes about each other all the time on how we talk..Especially when he does say "eh" after some of the things he says

#62 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I have done some figuring and got the better answer. The US are interested with villains and since British has been portrayed a lot back in the days it still some of that around. We have high curiosity of the deviant behavior.

English demonize their villains to make it that they have no redeemable factors. It worked back in the days, but now the question is ask: what if there is something missing or wrong. Hows is the Sheriff of Nottingham and Giant on the Beanstalk.

#63 Edited by ganon15 (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

I have done some figuring and got the better answer. The US are interested with villains and since British has been portrayed a lot back in the days it still some of that around. We have high curiosity of the deviant behavior.

English demonize their villains to make it that they have no redeemable factors. It worked back in the days, but now the question is ask: what if there is something missing or wrong. Hows is the Sheriff of Nottingham and Giant on the Beanstalk.

interesting..

#64 Edited by Farkam (5031 posts) - - Show Bio

I find British accents bizarre (in a good way). And I find it funny that American accents might be as equally as bizarre to some Brits.

#65 Posted by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

So is that why you finally decided to marry me?

#66 Posted by longbowhunter (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

Because all American accents sound ridiculous.

#67 Posted by Rouflex (19585 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a American (I live in the Continent :3) and i got to say that i rather the French Accent over the British accent.

#68 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@thecheesestabber said:

So is that why you finally decided to marry me?

You're british?

I'll marry you if you make the thread :P

#69 Posted by Edamame (28395 posts) - - Show Bio

It's delicious. :)

Also, England is our (America's) mother.

#70 Edited by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it is different. EacH state in tHe U.S. Has tHeir own signature accent and terminology.

However, tHey are still fairly similar. BritisH accent is more unique. THus, it is more exciting.

June'sVeryOwn