why are age differences creepy?

• 108 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@The_Deathstroker: I don't see why we have to live up to anyone else's expectations. If that's what feels right, do it. I wouldn't go against society all the time, but I will walk my own path if I have a strong belief in something.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@monsterstomp: You were going against society before it was cool then, eh?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MonsterStomp
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Seems like everyone does it.

I don't tho.

#rebel

#paradox

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#Rebel

Rebellion is everything bro.

Lolibear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with dating Loli's? I see nothing wrong here.

Pomf=3

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: haha yea I was dating a 30 yr old woman for a while (I'm 21) and luckily nobody made a big deal about it. I think partly because of the gender difference (younger male, older female) it was less looked down less upon (as opposed to the older male "preying" on the younger girl, not saying that is what you're doing though! haha)

@hylian and to the OP: at 12 , this girl is far to young my man. In no normal circumstance would a12 year and 17yr old be physically or emotionally compatible (barring mental damage/disabilities or something) Try the 1/2 your age +7 rule, it seems fairly accurate in terms of maturity.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest i've always dated older women myself.

Were you playing with ninja turtles at the time?...

I was, yesterday. *weeps over love of toys*

Sorry were you trying to be funny or making reference to something cause i do not understand your comment.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dathomiesilversurfer: i'm notnsaying that i'm into 12 year olds. i'm just saying in genral how at different ages it might seem creepy

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that people here are misenterpriting me. I don't want to date a 12 year old. I am just stating how I think that it's weird how even though two sets of people can be the same age distance away but one couple is considered creepy while the other one isn't.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Noone301994

@hylian: "but why is it that when a 12 year old dates a 17 year old it's creepy but when a 22 year old dates a 27 year old it's not as creepy?"

Some people just don't understand our relationship...

:(

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

when i was 16 i went out with a girl that was the same as age me. nobody found that creepy.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

(Your age)/2 + 7= Minimum age you should date.

(Your age)-7 X 2= Maximum age you should date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Because statutory rape?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MonsterStomp

@consolemaster001 said:

(Your age)/2 + 7= Minimum age you should date.

(Your age)-7 X 2= Maximum age you should date.

So 18 - 30 is my age range. Lol :P

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#68 SC  Moderator

Age differences aren't inherently creepy, some potential age differences between individuals is creepy because of the increase in potential for abuse and exploitation and this isn't necessarily limited just to age differences, but types of situation in which one individual had more power and authority over another in a way thats not consensual.

Generally physical age is an indication of certain development and maturity, brain development, physical development, sexual, intellectual and emotional maturity, and with the example of a 12 year old and a 17 year old the difference is very dramatic compared to a 22 year old and 27 year old. Can depend on the individuals as well, not all 22 and 27 year olds will necessarily work out, and a rich 50 year old courting a young 19 year old will also probably be a bit creepy to many, suspicious of whats going on there, could be the younger person exploiting the older person for money, the older exploiting the younger for looks, or that might just be their arrangement or they might actually just like each other.

Another reason to account for the creepy factor is that most people tend to grow and develop as they get older. Which is a good thing, people should always be growing and maturing in a certain way, just because of life experiences and all those nights philosophizing with friends over a beer or online. So people can compare how they were at different ages and how much is changed and matured. 17 year old SC was extremely different from 12 year old SC, 17 year old SC being romantically interested in the girls 12 year old SC was hanging out with would have been really weird and creepy. So some people can also do this consciously or subconsciously and use themselves for a reference. At a certain age though this stops being as extreme, maybe around 20? Well its complicated and depends on some things but yeah.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Agreed. And a 12 year old is a child. Way too young for a relationship.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

I was dating a 15 year older when I was 17 and people called that creepy.. F*ck what other people think. Do what feels right, not what feels "normal" by standards set by other people.

#Rebel

#Lyfe

#5-10inthepen

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Deathstroker
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: In the words of Copperhead. "You're already dead" and in a few years, your body will realize it.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One is a child & the other is over the age of consent which is most places is 16 as the second age group you mentioned is two adults so nothing illegal.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By The_Deathstroker
Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...oh...oh lord... I can't believe this is a real question...

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Why don't you have a seat?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is a terrible question. One person being a child as compared to the other being an adult in some societies is the answer, and quite an obvious one. Twelve? To a seventeen year old? It's wrong and the girl's physical maturity has no bearing, whatsoever.

Adults can do whatever they want. If you are dating someone who isn't one while you are, I suggest some self reflection is in order. More on the part of the one who isn't the adult because the adult should have already known better.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian said:

but why is it that when a 12 year old dates a 17 year old it's creepy but when a 22 year old dates a 27 year old it's not as creepy?

Why does everyone assume this is a young girl and old man?

This could very well be a creepy older woman who likes to prey on young men... you know like mentally ill cougars? Cause that DOES happen. There are female sexual predators/pedophiles.

Age differences matter because of where you are in life. It's not just when the age differences happen when you're younger. One of my exs was 28 when I was 20 and for the most part it worked well... until he wanted things I wasn't ready for, like settling down. Sometimes even people your own age aren't going to be where you are mentally in terms of what you want from your life. My best friend is married with two kids and I look at that like the scariest thing on the planet and last thing I want but were the same age. The physical number (aside from the drastic examples given here with someone just in the beginnings of puberty, which is what makes the huge difference between creepy factor in your example) rarely matters so much as the maturity level. Which is why I think even age differences between certain adults can be creepy. Like a few years isn't that big of a deal. Especially if you're both in the same decade... however when you start having decades between you, that's freaking creepy and disgusting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn:

This could very well be a creepy older woman who likes to prey on young men... you know like mentally ill cougars? Cause that DOES happen.There are female sexual predators/pedophiles.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. We all know sexual predators are limited to horny men.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiiyn:

This could very well be a creepy older woman who likes to prey on young men... you know like mentally ill cougars? Cause that DOES happen.There are female sexual predators/pedophiles.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. We all know sexual predators are limited to horny men.

because sexually deprived older women can't be horny obviously, my mistake ;P

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Developmentally, a twelve year old is still a child, and a seventeen year old is only a year away from legally being an adult. As a teenager, even being three years apart is a big deal, as an adult it starts to even out.

I take offence to that >:U

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13 said:

Developmentally, a twelve year old is still a child, and a seventeen year old is only a year away from legally being an adult. As a teenager, even being three years apart is a big deal, as an adult it starts to even out.

I take offence to that >:U

I don't mean to be offensive, but it's true. You may or may not be psychologically mature, but physically you have yet to go through puberty.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NighThunder
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@the_stegman said:

It really depends on the situation...but I say, Do the "Half your age plus 7" rule. Divide your current age by 2, then add seven, if the person is younger than that, you shouldn't date them.

I'm 22, half of that is 11+7=18, I shouldn't date anyone under 18...for ahem, legal reasons.

so... for the guy in the Op.. 12/2 +7 = 6+7 = 13 and older for a 12 year old. 17 totally fits!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Wolverine008

Gotta get em' while they're young and ripe.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can lead to awkward situations down the line. For instance, having a newborn baby aunt or uncle when you're approaching thirty years old is kind of creepy, and pretty messed up. Now, five years age gap isn't too bad, mind you- but it does start getting creepy when one partner in the relationship already has numerous children who are actually older than their wife or husband is. When they were already an adult before their wife/partner was even conceived.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: ..... You're twelve? @raiiyn: "This could very well be a creepy older woman who likes to prey on young men... you know like mentally ill cougars? Cause that DOES happen. There are female sexual predators/pedophiles."

What you did there, I see it.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@hylian: Well there's got to be at least one you think is cute or are attracted to. Otherwise, why ask the question? It's a pretty unique question, so it couldn't have gone unprovoked. There had to be something that prompted this line of thought.

Not really. I was watching Dateline NBC and a similar question popped in my head.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not trying to insult anyone here, but to ask such a question would have to suggest a mental maturity of 12 years old...

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers