WHY?!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Edited By Raw_Material

Still can't believe Geoff Johns is stepping down from writing for the GREEN LANTERN and AQUAMAN titles. I mean, he marked his spot to being one of the best known writers of our time while writing for the two series; GL being a 9-year successful run. In my eyes, I never thought he would leave the title after having been with GL for some time, thinking he wanted to match up to Peter David's 12-year successful run on THE HULK. So, for him to leave the two titles he found to have hyped his career to greater intentions, makes it that much more confusing to me. We know that he wants to primarily focus on the JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA titles for this upcoming year, but I still can't get my mind off of how Johns has the "balls" to resign from writing for GREEN LANTERN! tis, tis. What's up with all these writers and artists leaving the titles that have made them what they are today? Change is good, but not when the "good" is just getting started though! Another talent of the bunch is Ivan Reis; he also recently resigned from drawing for the two titles as he finds the JUSTICE LEAGUE to be his primary focus right now. GREEN LANTERN #20 will be the last issue we'll see these two collaborations working together for the GL title (hopefully not!). WHY?!

Click this link for more information

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JonSmith

Everyone in the comic book industry has seen the Avengers, and is saying, "Welp, no chance of coming anywhere close to that. I quit."

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Raw_Material

@JonSmith: Lol. That's what most writers were thinking when Geoff Johns decided to write and co-manage DC Comics alongside Jim Lee and Dan DiDio. And now I think Geoff Johns has become one of those writers running away from the success that was put in front of him. Some of them to name a few are Jonathan Hickman, Ivan Reis, Mark Waid, John Romita Jr., Peter David and much more were all successful writers/artists who somehow decided to give up on the title that made them what they are today and seemingly failed to meet the hype they once had, afterwards; with no happily ever after story in the end.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Raw_Material

@JonSmith said:

Everyone in the comic book industry has seen the Avengers, and is saying, "Welp, no chance of coming anywhere close to that. I quit."

Agreed. Everyone started to try find newer styles of writing stories. Like how Jonathan Hickman's trying to do with the Avengers right now.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

Johns stepping down is just f*cking idiotic. He made the Green Lantern franchise (not literally of course), and Aquaman is just amazing.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By comicfan11

It's sad for GL but Johns is not leaving Aquaman.

He specifically mentions that.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Leaving GL is a stupid move. I may have seen some faults in his run, but overall it was excellent and well executed. It's what a lot of people know him for.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@JediXMan said:

Leaving GL is a stupid move. I may have seen some faults in his run, but overall it was excellent and well executed. It's what a lot of people know him for.

This.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

Johns ain't leaving Aquafresh babehhh *grrrrrr*..... O.O

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

@TheCannon said:

Johns stepping down is just f*cking idiotic. He made the Green Lantern franchise (not literally of course), and Aquaman is just amazing.

yep its totally f*&cking idiotic to want to work on different things. grow up

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

uuummmm last i checked he wasnt leaving Aquaman. and how can Ivan Reis be leaving Green Lantern when he hasnt worked on it for several years.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raw_Material

@comicfan11: @Baberaham_Lincoln: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Nicee! I'm stoked to have heard Geoff Johns is keeping his Aquaman run alive and hope he finishes up this on-going series, with follow ups on more Aquaman series throughout the years. I'm still in shock that Johns would actually leave Green Lantern after his long run with the title, with Ivan Reis departing from the title as a "collaborator" for Johns in the penciling side of things to help him in other books, as well. However, I've been hearing rumors and what not that both Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis are stepping down from the two titles to primarily focus on the Justice League and Justice League of America titles. I'm hoping this will not be the outcome!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

@TheCannon: @JediXMan: @dccomicsrule2011: Yeah, I fully disagree with his decision to leave the GL title - which is confirmed he has. I mean, he's been with the title for some time now, stretching to a 9 year long run with Green Lantern, accumulating outstanding awards and achievements within the comic and writing industry as well as other misc. awards while writing for the title; Some of the story arcs that led to his success where those coming from the Green Lantern series such as the The Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night. For him to drop the title that helped his success grow to such extent is confusing to me. It's like all the achievements and things he has done with the title, he's tossing out the window to move on to newer things like commented, but it almost seems like he now has to restart on his achievements, going into new series of comics and find the title(s) that will once again uplift him to being one of the greatest writers in comic history. (and hoping Aquaman will be the one to do so).

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ckuakini: Isn't Reis on one title only, and that's Justice League?? i don't get where you coming from sorry. And for johns, after dropping GL, he has 4 titles i think in DC, which are JL, JLA, Aquaman and that Vibe series (but i think he's only doing first issue?? idk really =D).

I too am excited to see Johns work his magic on Aquaman. Hopefully he can expand the Aquaman mythos like he did with the GL ^_^