• 109 results
#1 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious why its okay for some people to manipulate this site. Like putting God under there avatar or giving themselves extra posts. When I left this morning Methos was number three on the poster board and nowhere near the top, now all the sudden in a matter of 6 hours he passed me by over 100 posts? Thats bullshit.
Post Edited:2007-09-07 14:40:10

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he posted that much? And why does it matter?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the God thing was just a joke, it came about because of a TV show i was watching... nothing to do with manipulating the site...

as for the posts... i passed you last night, and then you passed me again today... i haven't manipulated the site in any way or done anything else like that. as for being third, i don't know about that, the last time i checked i was second and you were first.

M

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i do find it curious however that you're first question...

"I'm just curious why its okay for some people to manipulate this site."

became quickly ignored with the rest of your post focusing solely on attacking me...

M

#5 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i do find it curious however that you're first question...

became quickly ignored with the rest of your post focusing solely on attacking me...

M"

Wasn't an attack its a legitimate question.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Putting "God" under his avatar (I didn't like that either but it's really no big deal) is something he did like once and then changed it. Similarly, I made myself a staff card but it's just in fun, I'm sure Methos meant nothing by it. And he was second (second and third aren't even close)in posts last night, not third. You take post count too seriously man. That's not a dig at you, you just need to relax about it.

#7 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

became quickly ignored with the rest of your post focusing solely on attacking me... M"

Methos drop it, I dont think tonight is the right night Bro, Everyone seems egar for an arugment and I mean everyone, lets call it quits

#8 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

im not eager for arguments on here. in real life with the old crone yes but not here.

here i am not the smarter of the arguments

#9 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"im not eager for arguments on here. in real life with the old crone yes but not here. here i am not the smarter of the arguments"

Thats cause you like everyone Bro

#10 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"Darkchild says:
"im not eager for arguments on here. in real life with the old crone yes but not here. here i am not the smarter of the arguments"

Thats cause you like everyone Bro"

no theirs a few i dont

U-mos and his creations

Brolly

Lantern sometimes but for the majority of the time hes cool.

so theirs 3

#11 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"Shadow Arrow says:
"Darkchild says:
no theirs a few i dont U-mos and his creations Brolly Lantern sometimes but for the majority of the time hes cool. so theirs 3"

LMAO

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Methos says:

M"

Wasn't an attack its a legitimate question."

Also i'm less than 40 posts above you, not a hundred...

M

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there some prize or something for having the highest post count? Or is this just to say you have the most?

#14 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"Darkchild says:
"Shadow Arrow says:
"Darkchild says:
no theirs a few i dont U-mos and his creations Brolly Lantern sometimes but for the majority of the time hes cool. so theirs 3"

LMAO"

in real life i tend to be the mediator in fights. which is a bitch.

on here i like to see where it goes then state my point

#15 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

ubbupbupbup, don't wanna here it, just drop the subject, man it seems like everyone on this site has PMS or something, or just like some virus that makes everyone hate each other

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a "why?". Why do people always try to stop arguments? Not all arguments need to go on, true, but sometimes people need to work things out. Getting crap out in the open is better than just shoving it under the rug and acting like the problem (real or perceived) never happened. So everybody just chill with the "everybody just chill" thing, I wanna see a fight.

#17 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I have a "why?". Why do people *always* try to stop arguments? Not all arguments need to go on, true, but sometimes people need to work things out. Getting crap out in the open is better than just shoving it under the rug and acting like the problem (real or perceived) never happened. So everybody just chill with the "everybody just chill" thing, I wanna see a fight."

point. but i want to fight gambler.

ive fought Arrow and it was a pain in the ass. i was tired and a bit hgh on pain killers so i screwed up alot auto hits.

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"King of Kings says:
"Methos says:

M"

Wasn't an attack its a legitimate question."

Also i'm less than 40 posts above you, not a hundred...

M"

It was an exaggeration yes. Maybe I do take posts count to serious, but if its not a big deal why do they keep track? Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em? Why keep track of points, or posts?

Even if he was second he was nowhere close to passing me but its cool. I'll drop it.

#19 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"ubbupbupbup, don't wanna here it, just drop the subject, man it seems like everyone on this site has PMS or something, or just like some virus that makes everyone hate each other"

Dude Welcome to a normal day on the vine

#20 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"chameleone says:
"ubbupbupbup, don't wanna here it, just drop the subject, man it seems like everyone on this site has PMS or something, or just like some virus that makes everyone hate each other"

Dude Welcome to a normal day on the vine"

never seen it like this before dude

#21 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#22 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Shadow Arrow says:
"chameleone says:
never seen it like this before dude"
It will pass in a little bit.
#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"It was an exaggeration yes. Maybe I do take posts count to serious, but if its not a big deal why do they keep track? Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em? Why keep track of points, or posts?Even if he was second he was nowhere close to passing me but its cool. I'll drop it."

thinking about it, you're probably way ahead of me in posts if you include your separate accounts...

M

#24 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Shadow Arrow says:
"chameleone says:

Happens about twice a month, I do something to annoy Gambler or vice versa, Someone does something to annoy someone else, then it spreads like wild fire lol

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em?"

That's about quality. When people make subs just for points they usually sacrifice quality to do so. You shouldn't be doing it for points, but to make the encyclopedia better.

#26 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

oh lol ok

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Methos says:
"King of Kings says:
"It was an exaggeration yes. Maybe I do take posts count to serious, but if its not a big deal why do they keep track? Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em? Why keep track of points, or posts?Even if he was second he was nowhere close to passing me but its cool. I'll drop it."

thinking about it, you're probably way ahead of me in posts if you include your separate accounts...

M"

I was way ahead of you anyway, without the other accounts."

well i haven't done anything... i've just been chatting like normal

M

#28 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"chameleone says:
"Shadow Arrow says:
"chameleone says:
Happens about twice a month, I do something to annoy Gambler or vice versa, Someone does something to annoy someone else, then it spreads like wild fire lol"
They do don't they.
#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"yeah gambler, rated r superstar, King of Kings, pretty high up"

those are all the same account

M

#31 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"King of Kings says:

M"

I was way ahead of you anyway, without the other accounts.

#32 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"Buckshot says:
"I have a "why?". Why do people *always* try to stop arguments? Not all arguments need to go on, true, but sometimes people need to work things out. Getting crap out in the open is better than just shoving it under the rug and acting like the problem (real or perceived) never happened. So everybody just chill with the "everybody just chill" thing, I wanna see a fight."

point. but i want to fight gambler.

ive fought Arrow and it was a pain in the ass. i was tired and a bit hgh on pain killers so i screwed up alot auto hits."

Talking about arguments, not RP fights.

#33 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"chameleone says:
"yeah gambler, rated r superstar, King of Kings, pretty high up"

those are all the same account

M"

whoa really, ok my bad

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"I was way ahead of you anyway, without the other accounts."

Don't think you were (haven't been for a days at least). Someone even made a thread about how close you guys were and when methos would overtake you.

#35 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
" Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em? "
That's about quality. When people make subs just for points they usually sacrifice quality to do so. You shouldn't be doing it for points, but to make the encyclopedia better. "
So why even have points? You should just being doing subs to make thee encyclopedia better. Its a simple fix, if you have no points to gain then there's no one abusing the points system."
I think its probably to show a little respect to those who do improve the site.
#36 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"King of Kings says:
"Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em?"

That's about quality. When people make subs just for points they usually sacrifice quality to do so. You shouldn't be doing it for points, but to make the encyclopedia better. "

So why even have points? You should just being doing subs to make thee encyclopedia better. Its a simple fix, if you have no points to gain then there's no one abusing the points system.

#37 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

"King of Kings says:
"Buckshot says:
"King of Kings says:
" Same with subs, people get bent out of shape when someone does something on a sub just for points, well if your not doing it for points then why have em? "
So why even have points? You should just being doing subs to make thee encyclopedia better. Its a simple fix, if you have no points to gain then there's no one abusing the points system."
I think its probably to show a little respect to those who do improve the site."

hey ooooooh you are correct sir
Post Edited:2007-09-07 15:05:31

#38 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"So why even have points? You should just being doing subs to make thee encyclopedia better. Its a simple fix, if you have no points to gain then there's no one abusing the points system."

Points are for keeping track of how much you're contributing so you can be rewarded (that was always the plan) with privileges (live edit, picture stuff) or other things later on.

#39 Posted by Morning Star! (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys I know im the worst for arguing on this site, But Have you ever stepped back and seen how pointless it is, we are not going to really change people minds on subs or post, It's just one of the things people see diffrently, I mean really step back and think about it, Do we even really care!

#40 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Arrow says:

"Guys I know im the worst for arguing on this site, But Have you ever stepped back and seen how pointless it is, we are not going to really change people minds on subs or post, It's just one of the things people see diffrently, I mean really step back and think about it, Do we even really care!"
So there are two Arrow's now?
#41 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we know who is like "God" around here...

Staff
#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I think we know who is like "God" around here..."

hey man your ego is showing lol

#44 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I still say posts are just as if not more important then subs. How many people come here just for the interaction on the boards and could care less about submissions. I'd say its well over half.

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so... what?

you believe i hacked the site just to gain more 'posts' or what?

what do you think i did?

M

#46 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#47 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

well peace pimps and pimpets of the vine. im going to go see Shoot em Up soon

#48 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Later DC.