Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By teamextrodinary15

if ur superhero character had to choose sides of an upcoming war in the middle of nowhere between marvel superheroes and dc superheroes whose side r u on to help fight the other team????

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Destinyhero20

Boths sides
Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Citizen 14

DC.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By castleking
it depends on the participants...........

i mean if spidey, cap and logan are facing off with spectre, BA i would side with DC....
Avatar image for --defunct--defunct--defunct--d
darkestknight2.0--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

i really am torn i only read DC for the batman titles and well i read Marvel for the dark avengers and captain america
Avatar image for bluefreak978_gmail_com
Bluefreak978@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bluefreak978@

I am definitely on DC because of pics like this.

No Caption Provided
By the way anybody know what comic this is from exactly with crimson fox?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking
i stop reading marvel completely due to the crappy writing and inaccurate portrayals of some of my favorite heroes... i hope they get sued...

ill back DC
Malin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Malin

DC comics, at least they know how to translate something into motion picture. Marvel pretty much slayed all their characters, except for wolverine and some fantastic 4 moments.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@castleking said:
"i stop reading marvel completely due to the crappy writing and inaccurate portrayals of some of my favorite heroes... i hope they get sued...

ill back DC "

You would know better than the writers.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By castleking
@Lunacyde said:
" @castleking said:
"i stop reading marvel completely due to the crappy writing and inaccurate portrayals of some of my favorite heroes... i hope they get sued...

ill back DC "
You would know better than the writers. "
umm... yeah... when it comes to keeping track of characters power sets and history a fan would be more likely to know then a random writer that is given a few month run on a comic... it should be obvious as all hell when you see a guy having or losing a power without explanation and writers admitting they forgot or refuse to answer the question... we could sit here all day and point out inconsistencies of our heroes all day if you like.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It's part of comics. Just because I don't like the way a certain writer portrays a favorite character of mine doesn't mean i'm going to whine and complain about it. Fans are also severely biased so I don't trust them any more than the writers.
J.C.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By J.C.

Marvel

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By castleking
@Lunacyde said:
" It's part of comics. Just because I don't like the way a certain writer portrays a favorite character of mine doesn't mean i'm going to whine and complain about it. Fans are also severely biased so I don't trust them any more than the writers. "
that wasnt your original comment, you asked if i would know more then the writer? chances are that the answer is yes.
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By T.J. Magnum

DC.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@castleking said:
"@Lunacyde said:
" It's part of comics. Just because I don't like the way a certain writer portrays a favorite character of mine doesn't mean i'm going to whine and complain about it. Fans are also severely biased so I don't trust them any more than the writers. "
that wasnt your original comment, you asked if i would know more then the writer? chances are that the answer is yes.r
"

No, I asked if you know better how they should be portrayed. It is the writers JOB to write the character. They are not influenced by bias like a fan is, they are motivated to write it well because their job is on the line. If fanboys wrote their favorite characters the stories would suffer. You may think you know what is better for your favorite character, but you don't have to worry about how that effects all the other characters and the Univere i general like an actual writer does.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking
@Lunacyde said:

" No, I asked if you know better how they should be portrayed. It is the writers JOB to write the character. They are not influenced by bias like a fan is, they are motivated to write it well because their job is on the line. If fanboys wrote their favorite characters the stories would suffer. You may think you know what is better for your favorite character, but you don't have to worry about how that effects all the other characters and the Univere i general like an actual writer does. "

so a character mysteriously losing a weapon or power he has had for four or five yrs is okay? and when the writers are interviewed they admit they forgot? that is okay?

or a writer actually doesnt know the character he is writing doesnt possess innate powers but is depended on tech so he writes him fighting and using powers out of uniform? thats okay to you?

or how about when the mad hatter is having a psychic duel with a midget  with TP? you think thats okay?

yeah okay whatever...

also i would think a fan would more then likely write better stories for their character and actually maintain if not increase the fanbase rather then lose long time readers 
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yaujtapool

Image....... seriously though it would be Marvel .

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By capall

dc
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Depends on who's fighting who

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By castleking
Cant i just piss on both of them? i am really angry with marvel but i hate DC period and i want to see both of them get their just desserts..
Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel all the way!

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Power NeXus

DC invented the superhero, but Marvel perfected it. 

I'm backing Marvel.
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By XRiskyX

Marvel for sure, they're my favourites. If they loose I'll have nothing to read anymore.

"Hello people, I'm Risky and I'm a Marvel" ;p

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Satyrquaze

I'd be a Marvel character backing DC. 'Cause that's how I roll.

thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thetitan0

marvel

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tensor

DC

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@aztek the lost said:
while Spider-Man's crying about his feelings, Iron Man's puking in a toilet, Moonstone's getting some action, Hank Pym's beating his wife and Cyclops is getting whipped by Emma
All of this is wrong. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Power NeXus
@aztek the lost said:
"DC obviously, while Spider-Man's crying about his feelings, Iron Man's puking in a toilet, Moonstone's getting some action, Hank Pym's beating his wife and Cyclops is getting whipped by Emma, the "unflawed" DC heroes will be kicking a$$! "

Meanwhile, all the readers will be flocking to Marvel because the ideal 'unflawed hero' became boring forty five years ago, and characters who have realistic, problem-ridden lives are much more interesting to read about.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@aztek the lost said:
"@TheDrifter said:
" @aztek the lost said:
while Spider-Man's crying about his feelings, Iron Man's puking in a toilet, Moonstone's getting some action, Hank Pym's beating his wife and Cyclops is getting whipped by Emma
All of this is wrong.  "
I know our society views it as wrong, but isn't that what Marvel's all about? putting human flaws in their superheroes? :P"
-_-

Spider-Man is'nt....that emo. 

Iron Man over came his drinking years ago.

Hank Pym's wife is dead and he did'nt kill her (see, I can think like a smart-ass :P). He actually really loved her, he was flawed yes, but he's currently taken the mantle of Wasp for her. 

Moonstone had sex with Noh-Varr in one issue of Dark Avengers, thats it.

And Cyclops, well I can't defend him since I hate him and Emma.
thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thetitan0
@aztek the lost: poor, poor dc fanboy.
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Destinyhero20 said:
" Boths sides "
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@aztek the lost said:
"DC obviously, while Spider-Man's crying about his feelings, Iron Man's puking in a toilet, Moonstone's getting some action, Hank Pym's beating his wife and Cyclops is getting whipped by Emma, the "unflawed" DC heroes will be kicking a$$! "

This.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By spawndon
@Lunacyde said:
"@aztek the lost said:
This. "

Yup. Me too gowith DC.
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#38  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Marvel all the way.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CosmicSpiral

I'm a pragmatic man, and I know the value of not being squashed under the boots of powerhouses of heroes like Superman and Dr. Fate. 

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aronmorales

Oh man...I feel more DC inclined, but I'd side with Marvel.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Power NeXus
@aztek the lost said:
"you Marvel lovers can continuing to live in denial, but I know the truth and I pray for your souls... "

So you actually like reading about a world in which virtually all superhuman beings have planet-busting-demigod level power, the sides of 'right' and 'wrong' are always very clearly defined in all fights and situations, and characters' vigilante lives are constantly portrayed as having little or no negative effect on the characters attempts to have any kind of normal life when not wearing a mask? 
People like reading Marvel because the characters are made realistic enough that the reader can actually relate to them as people. We don't strain our necks having to look up to them.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
"you Marvel lovers can continuing to live in denial, but I know the truth and I pray for your souls... "
So you actually like reading about a world in which virtually all superhuman beings have planet-busting-demigod level power, the sides of 'right' and 'wrong' are always very clearly defined in all fights and situations, and characters' vigilante lives are constantly portrayed as having little or no negative effect on the characters attempts to have any kind of normal life when not wearing a mask? People like reading Marvel because the characters are made realistic enough that the reader can actually relate to them as people. We don't strain our necks having to look up to them. "
...what are you talking about?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Power NeXus
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
So you actually like reading about a world in which virtually all superhuman beings have planet-busting-demigod level power, the sides of 'right' and 'wrong' are always very clearly defined in all fights and situations, and characters' vigilante lives are constantly portrayed as having little or no negative effect on the characters attempts to have any kind of normal life when not wearing a mask? People like reading Marvel because the characters are made realistic enough that the reader can actually relate to them as people. We don't strain our necks having to look up to them. "
...what are you talking about? "

I'm explaining why it's not a bad thing that Marvel portrays their characters in a realistic light, unlike DC.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
I'm explaining why it's not a bad thing that Marvel portrays their characters in a realistic light, unlike DC. "
That's exactly what I mean. The very idea of superheroes is unrealistic, and DC's not exactly lacking in the 'realism' department. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Power NeXus
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
I'm explaining why it's not a bad thing that Marvel portrays their characters in a realistic light, unlike DC. "
That's exactly what I mean. The very idea of superheroes is unrealistic, and DC's not exactly lacking in the 'realism' department.  "

ummm... did you mean to contradict yourself?
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Aronmorales

No Caption Provided
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
That's exactly what I mean. The very idea of superheroes is unrealistic, and DC's not exactly lacking in the 'realism' department.  "
ummm... did you mean to contradict yourself? "
Every claim you've made is false concerning the lack of 'realism' in DC. 
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Knightly1

Ima go with dc. People say all that makes dc great is Superman and Batman, but is that a bad thing necessarily?
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aronmorales
@OblivionKnight said:
" Ima go with dc. People say all that makes dc great is Superman and Batman, but is that a bad thing necessarily? "
No, but it is overdone.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Power NeXus
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @aztek the lost said:
ummm... did you mean to contradict yourself? "
Every claim you've made is false concerning the lack of 'realism' in DC.  "

First you said that superheroes are automatically completely unrealistic. 
Then you said that DC (which is known for having a lot of planet-busting superheroes) is not lacking in realism. 
 I am very confused by this. Are you saying that DC is realistic or unrealistic?