• 74 results
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Stegman: Right. Ehhhhhhhhhh. He's a killer, but I wouldn't call him a slasher per say.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Gambit1024: A slasher is a killer who kills their victims in brutal ways usually involving bladed weapons, that's what Norman did, he's the first of the slashers, many people recognize him as such.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Stegman: See, I thought it was about the numbers. How many people did Bates kill?

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The black goo in Cascade Lake from "The Raft" in Creepshow 2. It was based on a short story written by Stephen King in Skeleton Crew.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Gambit1024: Counting his first movie, and the sequels, 15, although it's really not about kill count, that's how you define a serial killer (which he also fits the bill for) but how you kill is how you define a slasher.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Stegman: I see. I guess I consider Leatherface "original" because he was one-of-a-kind once upon a time. Sure, he was based on Ted Bundy (I believe it was him), but the movies never really saw anything like him pre-1974. Leatherface was also the inspiration for Myers and Voorhese. I'm knocking Bates, though. Psycho is a classic, no doubt, but... I don't know. Something about him just isn't on the other slashers' level, IMO. Maybe it's the facelessness that Leatherface, Myers, and Voorhese have. I don't know. Now I'm rambling, lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Gambit1024: No, I know exactly what you mean, Leatherface was awesome, and you're right, we haven't seen anything quite so...vicious in a movie up to that point, I mean he ran those people down and dismembered and ATE them, that's some messed up stuff lol. Also he was based off of Ed Gein and an amalgam of others I think. And yeah, I think Bates is more...i dunno, ''normal'' than the other slashers, no masks (although some say his ''good guy'' personality is a metaphorically mask hiding the true evil underneath). But to me Leatherface is definitely an important horror icon.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gambit1024

@The Stegman: Gein! That's who it was. Not sure why I thought it was Bundy. I understand what you're saying though. Both are extremely important to the genre, and in my opinion, the best of the bunch. I dig Bates' personality, and that "metaphorical mask" is much more terrifying than say, Voorhese, who just sorta shows up, says nothing, kills and leaves.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By superstay

@mrdecepticonleader:

Thanks bro

Michael is awesome, I really like those horror villains who seem more like an entity. The silent killer wearing a mask made him more terrifying, he doesn't even seem human.

I like Michael more than Jason because......Jason is just too big and lumbering....but theirs others that I like

d-_-b

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Thanks bro

Michael is awesome, I really like those horror villains who seem more like an entity. The silent killer wearing a mask made him more terrifying, he doesn't even seem human.

I like Michael more than Jason because......Jason is just too big and lumbering....but theirs others that I like

d-_-b

I know it did.

The thing about the slasher type of films is that he more they make the worse they get.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Magethor

Posting this to push the "football spam" threads to the second forum page since they don't need to be on the 1st page.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By superstay

@mrdecepticonleader:

Yeah look at Michael, Jason, Freddy, Scream, Saw ect....they all went down hill after the first film

dó¡òb

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magethor said:

Posting this to push the "football spam" threads to the second forum page since they don't need to be on the 1st page.

You could always post a comment relating to the actual thread.

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Yeah look at Michael, Jason, Freddy, Scream, Saw ect....they all went down hill after the first film

dó¡òb

Yeah pretty much.I think some of the other films out of those series are better or as good as the original,granted I have not seen all the films from those series.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@superstay said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

dó¡òb

Michael Myers was great in every single movie he was in except Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers and Halloween: Resurrection. The first three Friday The 13th movies were awesome as were the first three Nightmare on Elm Street films. I will agree that the first Scream was the only good Scream though.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By superstay

@mrdecepticonleader: @NlGHTCRAWLER:

I'll take that back because Halloween 2, H2O was also cool (those are the only ones I've seen other than the original and Zombie's Version)

I guess all the "Nightmare on Elm St" sequels were even (imo), not as good as the first but not bad.

All of the "Friday the 13th" movies seened the same to me

d-_-b

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@superstay said:

I'll take that back because Halloween 2, H2O was also cool (those are the only ones I've seen other than the original and Zombie's Version)

I guess all the "Nightmare on Elm St" sequels were even (imo), not as good as the first but not bad.

d-_-b

Well, Jason turned invincible after 3 which is why I only like those first three, because I hate invincible Jason haha

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay said:

d-_-b

I think the Friday the 13th movies have some great kill scenes,but they do slip as they go on.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ssejllenrad

I know I'm gonna get some heat for this but... Warwick Davis as Leprechaun scared the sh*t out of me back when I was a kid.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By superstay

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yeah

@mrdecepticonleader: Oh Jason has some of the best kills

@ssejllenrad: Bro I still don't like people touching my upper case of teeth to this day. dO.Ob

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@ssejllenrad said:

I know I'm gonna get some heat for this but... Warwick Davis as Leprechaun scared the sh*t out of me back when I was a kid.

No it's cool. I have a fear of midgets as well.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yeah

@mrdecepticonleader: Oh Jason has some of the best kills

@ssejllenrad: Bro I still don't like people touching my upper case of teeth to this day. dO.Ob

He sure does

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By Red_Jack

@lykopis said:

Mrs. Doubtfire.

EEK!

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73  Edited By Red_Jack

Has anyone ever watched Halloween 4? I'd rate that Halloween as the scariest. He picks up a guy and snaps his neck at one point. He impales a girl with a long barreled shotgun/rifle. He throws a guy onto electrical equipment. Very scary stuff.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GreenFuse

The shark from Jaws. Seriously, my fear of the deep followed me into adulthood because of it. Even deep swimming pools will sporadically freak me out (do I hear music?). I remember swimming in the Lake of the Ozarks many moons ago and it was weird, just all of a sudden I realized how deep the Lake was and panic hit me that something could be looking at me from below...just waiting (or coming up!!!!). I got back on the boat in a hurry.

/shudder