• 51 results
#1 Posted by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Between Schumacher and Bay

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Bay is the worst bigshot director but Boll is by far the worst of the worst.

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Where's W.S Anderson?

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Screwing his wife... You can change "wife" with "a movie" and it'll still be valid.

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

If I may add... Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer

#7 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Screwing his wife... You can change "wife" with "a movie" and it'll still be valid.

Bro fist!

Because I consider both of those acts, crimes against humanity and nature.

#8 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Boll. At least Bay isn't shy about being the guy to go for explosions. Boll thinks he can actually direct and gets mad at the people who criticize him.

#9 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I've decided if I ever meet Micheal Bay I'm going to lock him in a room and take a crap in front of him for 4 hours, then he'll know how i felt after the transformers films

#10 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mizz_Coconut: Classy. =b

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

James Cameron, easily. Michael Bay makes infinitely more satisfying movies than that hack. 

#12 Posted by rouju (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, kinda amazed to see list of the director (besides Boll), at the very least most of them have some eye candy moment (besides Boll) again. I guess Boll since he have this urge to screw video game franchise ha ha

#13 Posted by ShootingNova (15264 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

James Cameron, easily. Michael Bay makes infinitely more satisfying movies than that hack.

Yes.

And also, George Lucas as well for making up TCW. Which fails.

#14 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: What is TCW

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15264 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: The Clone Wars.

#16 Posted by Ms. Omega (4386 posts) - - Show Bio

Boll by far

#17 Edited by bloggerboy (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No love for Terminator, T2 or Aliens?? These are CLASSICS! Bay has never done anything in comparison.

Boll by far is the worst though.

#18 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

Boll.

#19 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Oh Okay

#20 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez you guys love to jump at George Lucas and M. Night Shyamalan. They used to be good before you know... At least they know how to make a movie unlike Uwe Boll.

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mizz_Coconut said:

I've decided if I ever meet Micheal Bay I'm going to lock him in a room and take a crap in front of him for 4 hours, then he'll know how i felt after the transformers films

get in line my friend

#23 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: hahaha I remember renting that movie. So hilariously bad, love how you could see the trampolines the zombies were launching off of.
#24 Posted by YoungJustice (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Geez you guys love to jump at George Lucas and M. Night Shyamalan. They used to be good before you know... At least they know how to make a movie unlike Uwe Boll.

Unforgivable

#25 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: Alright I take that back... but at least Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were good.

#26 Posted by YoungJustice (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@YoungJustice: Alright I take that back... but at least Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were good.

#27 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: I don't know what that means...

#28 Posted by YoungJustice (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

All horrid movies made by M.Night

#29 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@CaioTrubat said:

His point was M Night started out well with 6th Sense and Unbreakable, George Lucas started well with Star Wars and Indiana Jones but Boll has nothing.

#30 Posted by YoungJustice (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@CaioTrubat said:

His point was M Night started out well with 6th Sense and Unbreakable, George Lucas started well with Star Wars and Indiana Jones but Boll has nothing.

I know exactly what his point was.

#31 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Which makes you pointing out all of M Nights failures pointless.

#32 Posted by YoungJustice (6645 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@CaioTrubat said:

SMH

#33 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@YoungJustice said:

@CaioTrubat said:

SMH

Please elaborate how your post has a point. Because he mentions how people jump at M Night and Lucas as the "worst" when in comparison to Boll. The latter two has well loved movies made whereas Boll does not. The latter two may make fails of plots but the directing is still superior to that of Boll. If you vote M Night as the worst fine, but it would be better as it's own comment as opposed to as a reply to a point that says otherwise. It gives off the impression that you're trying to convince CaioTrubat that M Night is worse than Boll. I'm not saying you're saying that but that's the impression you're showing.

#34 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Bay is awesome. Boll is by far the worst.

#35 Edited by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat: I get his argument: Shyamalan hurt a lot of people with the Last Airbender because the Avatar cartoon has a special place in everybody's heart. I don't blame YoungJustice for thinking he that movie is a lot worse than the any schlock Uwe Boll has made. You can argue the whole day which director ruined your childhood. Besides my other reasons, from a technical standpoint Uwe Boll is still the worst because at least Lucas and Shyamalan know how to shoot a movie and what makes a movie structure.

#36 Posted by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL... I knew putting Uwe Boll in the poll would make it a blowout. I should have kept him out and made it a "Worst High Budget Director" poll. =)

#37 Posted by superstay (9623 posts) - - Show Bio

You know before this thread I didn't know whe "Uwe Boll" was but I googled him and..........DANG. Dude is almost blacklisted with the way people talk about him him, I'm not sticking up for him or anything just saying. d~_~b

#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19889 posts) - - Show Bio

Boll is the absolute worst.

At least Bay can make good popcorn flicks, while Lucas had some good movies. Cameron also had a couple good ones as I recall he made the Terminator series.

#39 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

You know before this thread I didn't know whe "Uwe Boll" was but I googled him and..........DANG. Dude is almost blacklisted with the way people talk about him him, I'm not sticking up for him or anything just saying. d~_~b

No offense bro... but his name is pretty infamous its astouding how you never heard of him before.

#40 Posted by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think people have writing and direction mixed up. No amount of direction prowess can save an awful script. The reason Transformers RoTF is horrible is not because of bad direction, it's because there are elements in the script that are patently THE WORST.

I don't get all the hate Michael Bay gets for those or any of his other movies. He's great with enormous set pieces and bombastic action. The reason people get titsed off at most of them is down to badly written characters and nonsensical plots. Bad characters and plots you can't gloss over with direction.

The answer to the OT is easily Boll. He's a terrible DIRECTOR indeed. He commits basic errors constantly, and from what I gather he also edits his own films which means he's single handedly responsible for some of the most erratic cuts I've seen as well.

#41 Posted by SmashBrawler (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

Boll. He makes horrible movies AND beats up his own critics. I'm not kidding.

#42 Posted by superstay (9623 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat:

I never paid attention to directors and stuff like that. It wasn't until I started watching "Youtube Movie Reviewer" [probably like three years ago] that I started paying attention to that stuff.

d~_~b

#43 Edited by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Quoted For Truth

#44 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

#45 Posted by SmashBrawler (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Oh, and he also takes advantage of German tax loopholes to finance his movies. This guy is a total class act

#46 Edited by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Oh, and he also takes advantage of German tax loopholes to finance his movies. This guy is a total class act

No wonder he keeps making them while they render absolutely zero profit.

PS: I meant Quoted for truth when I replied to you the first time. Sorry if you took it wrong :P

#47 Posted by SmashBrawler (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@SmashBrawler said:

No wonder he keeps making them while they render absolutely zero profit.

PS: I meant Quoted for truth when I replied to you the first time. Sorry if you took it wrong :P

Don't worry, I only found out about QFT's alternate meaning like one minute ago (I always thought it only meant "quoted for truth")

#48 Posted by nick_hero22 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't Paul Anderson on this list

#49 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one honorable mention: Tommy Wiseau. He is just as inept in filmmaking as Uwe Boll. He done less movies, but he has the lovely tendency to be director, writer, producer and lead actor at the same time.

#50 Posted by SmashBrawler (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

I have one honorable mention: Tommy Wiseau. He is just as inept in filmmaking as Uwe Boll. He done less movies, but he has the lovely tendency to be director, writer, producer and lead actor at the same time.

Ahahaha, what a story, Mark!