#1 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of both the books and film of Kick-Ass, so after hearing that they've got Jim Carrey and Donald Faison in it I'm pretty excited. Anyone else looking forward to it?

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I might go and see it, the first one was good.

#3 Edited by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

Its going to be toned down like crazy. There is not way you gonna film Red Mist killing kids and raping Dave's girlfriend.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30630 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read Kick Ass 2, haven't seen the first Kick Ass movie, and I'm in no hurry to do either.

#5 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Yeah apprently they've cut that scene out completely, the person playing Mother Russia looks exactly like her lol.

#6 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't exactly enjoy the first one but when the second comes out on DVD I'll most likely watch it.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@CaioTrubat: Yeah apprently they've cut that scene out completely.

Ugh. Lame. :P

The one thing I wished the first Kick-Ass had done was the cocaine joke from the book.

#8 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaioTrubat said:

Its going to be toned down like crazy. There is not way you gonna film Red Mist killing kids and raping Dave's girlfriend.

Exactly what I was thinking.
#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one didn't look all that interesting, so I'm not planning to see the second.

#10 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Yeah haha that would've been good, what made me laugh was that critics were mad that a little girl was swearing, not the fact she was brutally killing people lol.

#11 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@InnerVenom123: Yeah haha that would've been good, what made me laugh was that critics were mad that a little girl was swearing, not the fact she was brutally killing people lol.

True. I heard some saying the movie was too mean-spirited (let that sink in for a second). Well they never read the comic before that is for sure.

#12 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one introduced me to comics.

#13 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah, can't wait for it.

#14 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat:Mean spirited? Haha, I enjoyed both but I think they made the film really friendly for the general audience. Whereas the book is a lot more darker, the only thing that I think is really weird but everyone seems to be happy about is Jim Carrey playing Colonel Stars in Kick-Ass 2.

#15 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!

I'm excited for this one to come out.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

im glad those seens will be cut out, it builds the charater in the comics but in the movie people will definetly think thats to far...

im dieing to see this movie, iron man 3, the wolverine, and thor might be okay but kick ass2 and man of steel will be sick

#17 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: There's only so much they can show for a 15 certficate film; I hope The Wolverine isn't disappointing.

#18 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

like the first film its going to suck . i don't plan on seeing it .

#19 Posted by tomlikesfries (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, I can't wait for Kick-Ass 3 in comics.

#20 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

No the first one was crap. The Dark Knight Rises was a better superhero movie, so was Avengers so I'll stick to them.

#21 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I agree that The Avengers was a much better film, but I thought The Dark Knight Rises was pretty disappointing. But that's just my opinion.

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@AllStarSuperman: There's only so much they can show for a 15 certficate film; I hope The Wolverine isn't disappointing.

What's a 15 certificate film? Yeah wolverine I think it will be better than ironman 3 and Thor 2

#23 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: In the UK our age rating goes from U,PG (Parental Guidance), 12, 15 and then 18 which is the highest. Personally I'm looking forward to Thor 2 the most, which I think will be my favourite film of the year. But if they do The Wolverine right, I think it could be a really good film.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really looking forward to it at all....the first movie was decent up until the jetpack and that ruined the movie for me....plus the second book was just way to over the top violent for me

#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@AllStarSuperman: In the UK our age rating goes from U,PG (Parental Guidance), 12, 15 and then 18 which is the highest. Personally I'm looking forward to Thor 2 the most, which I think will be my favourite film of the year. But if they do The Wolverine right, I think it could be a really good film.

Oh OK gotcha... so kick ass was a 15 or a 18?

#26 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick Ass sucked and I won't be seeing the sequel.  
/kill joy

#27 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Kick-Ass was a 15, I think Mark Millar said it would be the same for the second film.

#28 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief: so for me a G=U PG=PG 12=PG13 15=R and a18=NC-17

#29 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Skeptical, but looking forward to seeing it

#30 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait 'till they get a load of me

#31 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me. They're going to make it cheesy and add extra laughs to it.

#32 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Yeah, that sounds about right :)

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading some posts, personally I'd hope they put in the rape, murder scenes. It's not like there hasn't been a movie without rape(I spit on your grave) then the girl gets revenge or movies killing kids(Children of the Corn or even Star Wars Episode III Anakin killing kids?)

That's why movies have ratings...such a cop-out that they removed that scene imo just to shut up critics...boo

I'll still see it but that's my opinion on that.

#34 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Kick Ass sucked and I won't be seeing the sequel. /kill joy
#35 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the first one, so No. 2 should be great too.

#36 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

@comicdude23: I agree that The Avengers was a much better film, but I thought The Dark Knight Rises was pretty disappointing. But that's just my opinion.

TDKR > The Avengers IMO. Avengers was a fun action flick, nothing more. TDKR had much better acting, and concluded the story of Bruce Wayne.