Who would you like to see play the next Joker?

• 89 results
Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are countless psycopaths in the world of comics, but none of them really as complex and unique as the Joker. His sick and twisted sense of humor, mysterious past, unpredictable behavior,and absent sense of morality make him a very tough opponent to face. And also, a tough character to portray.

To my knowledge, and correct me if i missed someone. The Joker has been portrayed by 3 different people (not including the voice actors) The first being Cesar Romero in the 1960's Camp Classic Batman Tv series. Followed by Jack Nicholson in in Tim Burton's "Batman" in 1989. And last but not least, Heath Ledger in Christopher Nolan's 2008 film, "The Dark Knight". All of the portrayals are difficult to compare. Because they were all different, and amazing in their own way. Though I must admit Heath Ledger's performance is my personal favorite. Cesar and Jacks were just a little to colorful for my taste.

And while it has not been officially confirmed yet, and may not be for a while. I think the return of the Joker is immanent. As he is Batman's arch nemesis. There is no Batman without the Joker, and the is no Joker without the Batman. I think many of you can agree that that is true. So, who would you like to see take a crack at The Clown Prince of Crime? And which version of the him would you like to see?

For me, I say Willem Dafoe would be a pretty awesome given the chance, and with the right script. And just look at these pictures and tell me he doesn't have the look.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one. There needs to be a break on the Batman franchise

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

Benedict Cumberbatch

No Caption Provided

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No idea.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy Pierce or Willem Dafoe would be ideal imo.

But I can see Guy Pierce in about anything.

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, nice. William Dafoe would be a great Joker.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Dominic Cooper.

No Caption Provided

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Commander_Kane

@the_stegman: Funny how you bring on Benedict as I was thinking about him today. I don't feel The Joker is really his style though. Though i did say the same about Heath. But I was thinking, and keep an open mind here..he could be a good Lex. He plays an arrogant yet brooding villain in The Hobbit as Smaug. Though it was only his voice..I thought he really became that character. And he was pretty damn good as Kahn in Star Trek 2. He can obviously play a pretty convincing genius, of you're a fan of Sherlock you know what I mean. Of course he uses it for good in that case. Give him a bald head..he kind've looks like him. And he can also do a very good American accent that you can hear on the movie The Whistleblower. He's just awesome in anything, really.@silverpool: And I really like Guy Pierce, very versatile actor. I think he would be acceptionate. To bad he was wasted on IM 3's "Mandarin"..if you could even call it the mandarin.@doomguy: Thanks, glad someone agrees. And tbh he really isn't as old as I thought he was at 58. Would be interesting to see him in a villain role again. Every time I watch Spider-Man I can't help but think he's so much more suited for the Joker, even though I liked him in that movie.@jnr6lil: Well it's already happening, so I've accepted it. I honestly feel you though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@commander_kane:

@the_stegman: Funny how you bring on Benedict as I was thinking about him today. I don't feel The Joker is really his style though. Though i did say the same about Heath. But I was thinking, and keep an open mind here..he could be a good Lex. He plays an arrogant yet brooding villain in The Hobbit as Smaug. Though it was only his voice..I thought he really became that character. And he was pretty damn good as Kahn in Star Trek 2. He can obviously play a pretty convincing genius, of you're a fan of Sherlock you know what I mean. Of course he uses it for good in that case. Give him a bald head..he kind've looks like him. And he can also do a very good American accent that you can hear on the movie The Whistleblower. He's just awesome in anything, really.

See, I think he'd make a better Joker than Lex, he could be a more cold, calculating Joker, we've seen both Nicholson and Ledger do Joker in their own way, and both were great, Nicholson was crazy and looney, Leger was creepy and sadistic, Cumberbatch could bring his own flavor, I was thinking of a Joker similar to the one in Under the Red Hood

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Whoever.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Ahhh, now I see it. I almost forgot about The DiMaggio Joker. I'll admit I had to grow on that version of him. But if it were to be brought to film I think you're right, he could pull it off excellently.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SilverPool

@silverpool: And I really like Guy Pierce, very versatile actor. I think he would be acceptionate. To bad he was wasted on IM 3's "Mandarin"..if you could even call it the mandarin.

I agree, I was really looking forward to him being in the movie and was disappointed that he was wasted potential, and his motivations were poor.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Commander_Kane

@silverpool: Yep, total use once and throw-away role with no depth. But what really pissed me off was that Ben Kingsley seemed awesome until they made him into some drunken dope. So they basically tarnished two great actors in one movie. You get star power like that you don't let it go to waste. Rant over lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@silverpool: Yep, total use once and throw-away role with no depth. But what really pissed me off was that Ben Kingsley seemed awesome until they made him into some drunken dope. So they basically tarnished two great actors in one movie. You get star power like that you don't let it go to waste. Rant over lol

He was so badass, there was real potential in that role, he could have been an iconic movie villain. F*ck Disney.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

Edward Norton or Brad Pitt.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: PREACH! Exactly what I thought, and honestly he's what made me interested in seeing the movie. If Walt Disneys ghost showed up to my door and kicked me in the balls I would be less pissed at Disney then I was after that whole second half of the movie.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: PREACH! Exactly what I thought, and honestly he's what made me interested in seeing the movie. If Walt Disneys ghost showed up to my door and kicked me in the balls I would be less pissed at Disney then I was after that whole second half of the movie.

LOL.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Makes me sick to know what they'll do to the new Star Wars movies O__o

Probably gonna cast Ben Kinsley again and this time make him a fairy-sith dragqueen

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Zac Efron

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Luke Evans could be a good fit, don't know if he has the range though to do a character like the Joker justice. I also like the idea of Willem Dafoe, although I feel the comparisons between the Joker and the Green Goblin are too inseparable, and I feel like he would just be giving a Green Goblin 2.0 performance. That said, Ben Affleck DID also play Daredevil who shares similarities with Batman so who knows. I just wouldn't want it to be a bunch of actors who have already played Comic book roles, it would remind me too much of their past performances (that's just me, though)

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind've thought the same thing, and you you bring up a good point with the DD Batman reference. It would seem a little Gobby 2.0. But I think Dafoe and the Argo writers could make him a little bit more of a sophisticated psycho..which I think The best Joker always is. It could work, but I think a lot of people think the same as you there and even I agree one guy doing more than 1 comic role kind've pingeon-toes them.

And Luke Evans, why does that sound familiar. I'm drawing a blank..what was he in exactly?

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Benedict Cumberbatch

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: Never mind, I recognize his now. He's suppose to be the new Crow and he was in the Hobbit DoS..I gotta see him in a few more films but I could be swayed into giving him a chance. The crow will probably prove a few things

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: What about him as Luther?

No. I'm really just tired of people lauding him as the perfect actor for EVERYTHING. There are much better choices for both Lex and the Joker

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TazzMission

willem dafoe

No Caption Provided

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Another believer!@buttersdaman000: Tired of it or not, he is quite talented. But opinions are opinions. Plus I don't here his named called THAT often.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Another believer!@buttersdaman000: Tired of it or not, he is quite talented. But opinions are opinions. Plus I don't here his named called THAT often.

yea he is the only one imo that can match ledgers insanity of the charachter. lets not forget he was a bit terrifying as norman osbourn

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not Cumberbatch.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: @rulerofthisuniverse: just to make myself clear..I never said I want Cumberbatch as Joker. Someone threw the name out there and I said I thought he could possibly pull it off, don't know, could be wrong. Though I do absolutely think he could pull of Lex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idris Elba. The guy who everyone thinks is perfect for everything.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@farkam: We can have him play Batman, too. And Batgirl. And Superman. And why not have him as the director while we're at it?

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Commander_Kane

@farkam: I'd hardly call John Stewart and Black Panther everything

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lesterlawton

Gary Busey.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I'd hardly call John Stewart and Black Panther everything

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: And yet my life goes on, not caring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogueshadow  Moderator

Been thinking about this and I actually think Matt Smith would make a good joker.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-1000, Lex Luthor, Joker, Batman, Christian Grey, a Fast and Furious villain. And those are just off the top of my head. And yes, I know he is talented, but there are still more talented actors out there. Cumberbatch just had this explosion of (fangirl) fame out of nowhere.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TazzMission

@farkam: We can have him play Batman, too. And Batgirl. And Superman. And why not have him as the director while we're at it?

actually id love it if jason momoa played batman. no lie hed be a bad ass

No Caption Provided

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Lol, no.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Cumberbatch.

cumberbatch in my eyes would make a sick braniac . i always see him as a villain because of that menacing voice he has.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@tazzmission said:

Lol, no.

you probably dont even know who momoa is. dude would make a amazing bruce wayne/batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@tazzmission said:

Lol, no.

you probably dont even know who momoa is. dude would make a amazing bruce wayne/batman

I've seen him in enough things to know what he can do, and it's mostly barbarian characters that are more intelligent than they look, such as Drogo and Conan. As well as that guy on Stargate Atlantis.