Who would survive the longest if humanity was to die out?

Avatar image for citizen_gamer_x
Citizen Gamer X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Citizen Gamer X

So if humanity was to experience some cataclysm that would set the Human Race to extinction, who would actually be the strongest group to survive to the end?

Humans - Metahumans - Mutants

My opinion would be regular plain old vanilla human, mainly because humanity has had to struggle and claw its way through survival since the dawn of time and has always made it through some sort of disaster.

Mutants might have a good chance if they could work together which is a near impossibility as there are too many factions that work for their own agendas.

Metahumans have the weakest chance merely because as a percentage they have the lowest numbers and are metahumans purely by accident or are humans who have made technology to make them powerful. They do not have genetics on their side like mutants do.

Hope this isn't a naff subject, discuss.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

The Cockaroaches Scorpions, Ants, Spiders, and other bugs will live while the rest all die

Mister Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mister Amazing

i would imagine the mutants and some of the metahumans would have a greater advantage in this situation, since they have some form of superhuman ability that they could utilize which a regular human couldn't.

Sure, humans have gotten through disasters before, like you said, but since mutants are higher on the power scale than humans, what makes you think they wouldn't survive just as well?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

All types of humans die leaving only arthopods alive.

Citizen Gamer X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Citizen Gamer X

Mister Amazing says:

"i would imagine the mutants and some of the metahumans would have a greater advantage in this situation, since they have some form of superhuman ability that they could utilize which a regular human couldn't. Sure, humans have gotten through disasters before, like you said, but since mutants are higher on the power scale than humans, what makes you think they wouldn't survive just as well?"

Well looking at our own bloated history, Hitler tried to create the Aryan race, and look where that got him. The dinosaurs didn't survive something that we did, and they were the dominant lifeform on the planet. In all honesty, bacteria is the ONLY true dominant form of lifeform on this planet but humankind has a lifetime of overcoming great odds and mutantkind, well, in the comics they're now down to a select few.

The only way mutants will prosper as if breeding like rabbits, but if humanity is dying out, that wouldn't happen.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

Citizen Gamer X says:

"Mister Amazing says:
"i would imagine the mutants and some of the metahumans would have a greater advantage in this situation, since they have some form of superhuman ability that they could utilize which a regular human couldn't. Sure, humans have gotten through disasters before, like you said, but since mutants are higher on the power scale than humans, what makes you think they wouldn't survive just as well?"

Well looking at our own bloated history, Hitler tried to create the Aryan race, and look where that got him. The dinosaurs didn't survive something that we did, and they were the dominant lifeform on the planet. In all honesty, bacteria is the ONLY true dominant form of lifeform on this planet but humankind has a lifetime of overcoming great odds and mutantkind, well, in the comics they're now down to a select few.

The only way mutants will prosper as if breeding like rabbits, but if humanity is dying out, that wouldn't happen."

Actually all of the humans would die and then arthopods would rule the earth.

Citizen Gamer X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Citizen Gamer X

I get the feeling Dreadnaught likes bugs...I can't quite grasp it but I know its there somewhere...

By the way, your adamant view is starting to creep me out a little Dread.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Me.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

Citizen Gamer X says:

"I get the feeling Dreadnaught likes bugs...I can't quite grasp it but I know its there somewhere...By the way, your adamant view is starting to creep me out a little Dread."

We aren't a very survivable race. We never faced a giant meteor now have we? We never had entire continents erupt now have we? We haven't had millions of asteroids fall from the sky and hit the ocean creating gargantuan tital waves now have we? We never had to face those ever. Yet Arthpods have and they survived every time. They are therefore the more survivable species.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Supreme Marvel

King of Kings says:

"Me."

Damn, you i was going to say that! runs over to him, goes to kick him but cowedly runs away

Citizen Gamer X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Citizen Gamer X

Dreadnaught says:

"Citizen Gamer X says:
"I get the feeling Dreadnaught likes bugs...I can't quite grasp it but I know its there somewhere... By the way, your adamant view is starting to creep me out a little Dread."
We aren't a very survivable race. We never faced a giant meteor now have we? We never had entire continents erupt now have we? We haven't had millions of asteroids fall from the sky and hit the ocean creating gargantuan tital waves now have we? We never had to face those ever. Yet Arthpods have and they survived every time. They are therefore the more survivable species. "
Hmmm bugs take things quite literally too I see. Wait...how do bugs experience those things and not us? I'm assuming we live on the same planet. I don't fault your reasoning, despite the fact the thread was Humans - Metahumans - Mutants but if you want to talk the most dominant, it isn't bugs and insects, its bacteria, as bacteria is carried by living things, including bugs, insects, plants or the very air we breathe. Also some of those things you've mentioned are pretty cataclysmic and entirely outside of written and recorded history, we can only theorize what happened during these events, suffice to say we know they did happen, so we were obviously there in some form or another.EDIT - i did forget one thing, the Black Plague tried its best to wipe out most of mankind and look where we are now. The only things that breeds more than humans are of course cockroaches or bugs in general, and rats both of what are deemed as pests. Would anyone hesitate to add humans to the list as well? Not likely. Humans are the most adaptable race in evolution, and that includes arthopods. If we get wiped out to within 5% humankind jumps back by breeding like rabbits. I would say Humans have done a pretty good job of surviving.
Post Edited:2007-10-25 21:23:19
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lord Shazam says:

"King of Kings says:
"Me."

Damn, you i was going to say that! runs over to him, goes to kick him but cowedly runs away"

sonnavobitch :P

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this only Marvel? I'd say alot of the DCU heroes would survive.

Karmadecoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karmadecoy

umm i would say the hulk?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Citizen Gamer X says:

"My opinion would be regular plain old vanilla human, mainly because humanity has had to struggle and claw its way through survival since the dawn of time and has always made it through some sort of disaster."

The "humans have survived everything so far" reasoning doesn't work because there are no mutants or metahumans in real life to compare them too. How do you know that if there were mutants and metahumans in real life they wouldn't have survived just as well as we have?

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

This question really depends on the level of destruction this cataclysm caused?

If its a global killer, like say a 50 mile wide meteor...well, then NOTHING would survive, period!

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Sparda

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"This question really depends on the level of destruction this cataclysm caused? If its a global killer, like say a 50 mile wide meteor...well, then NOTHING would survive, period!"

I can only imagine how that would play out....

Imagines in head as the planet is obliterated

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rotten gun

all i can say is we'd be F^@ked

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

My fellow chubby people. I'll kill you all and feast on your corpses.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rotten gun

Eternal Chaos says:

"My fellow chubby people. I'll kill you all and feast on your corpses."

chubby? well we are learning more and more about you every day... :)

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warlock360

Citizen Gamer X says:

"So if humanity was to experience some cataclysm that would set the Human Race to extinction, who would actually be the strongest group to survive to the end?Humans - Metahumans - MutantsMy opinion would be regular plain old vanilla human, mainly because humanity has had to struggle and claw its way through survival since the dawn of time and has always made it through some sort of disaster.Mutants might have a good chance if they could work together which is a near impossibility as there are too many factions that work for their own agendas.Metahumans have the weakest chance merely because as a percentage they have the lowest numbers and are metahumans purely by accident or are humans who have made technology to make them powerful. They do not have genetics on their side like mutants do.Hope this isn't a naff subject, discuss."

Roaches^^