#1 Posted by Lvenger (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

I ask this question because originally, the illustrious Babs was responsible for this prestigious role. But with Babs gone (and greatly missed), I don't know who'd pick new moderators in the future for this site. What do you Viners think should happen in this regard?

#2 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16870 posts) - - Show Bio

ME!

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5607 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs picked new mods? Huh, always thought that the staff and current mods just decided who they needed together.

#5 Edited by flazam (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure

maybe one of the other Staff

#6 Posted by laflux (11074 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I ask this question because originally, the illustrious Babs was responsible for this prestigious role. But with Babs gone (and greatly missed), I don't know who'd pick new moderators in the future for this site. What do you Viners think should happen in this regard?

Really, it was her!!!!!

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27379 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man?

#8 Posted by Samimista (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

The Raccoon Clan! =D

#9 Posted by Jayc1324 (5350 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably another staff or the current moderators. What do you even need to be eligible for moderator?

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is gone?

*looks around*

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be decided by the new order after the coop overthrows the current regime.

#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Mods recommend users, most recommendations (without major objections) are usually selected by the staff. Babs wasn't solely in charge of choosing mods.

Rarely, staff will choose a mod on their own.

Moderator
#13 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

#14 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

Babs is gone?

*looks around*

Yeah, she left to do her own thing.

#15 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

Based on what I've heard from the mods I know it's pretty frustrating. Always got user issues to deal with. Being a wiki mod is probably even more time consuming.

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@revamp: you didn't know ?

He just got back after being gone for a while so he probably missed Babs thread.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

Based on what I've heard from the mods I know it's pretty frustrating. Always got user issues to deal with. Being a wiki mod is probably even more time consuming.

90% of the video would be screaming, crying and wall punching.

Otherwise its propaganda, haha.

@revamp said:

Babs is gone?

*looks around*

Yeah, she left to do her own thing.

Wow. I feel left out or something.

Then again, it really isn't surprising if you think about it.

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@revamp: you didn't know ?

He just got back after being gone for a while so he probably missed Babs thread.

Yeah. I'm on here relatively a lot, but the last time I have been on the boards must be months ago.

#20 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@mysterioususername said:

@inlife said:

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

Based on what I've heard from the mods I know it's pretty frustrating. Always got user issues to deal with. Being a wiki mod is probably even more time consuming.

90% of the video would be screaming, crying and wall punching.

Otherwise its propaganda, haha.

Now I feel guilty, leading an easy life.

#21 Edited by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife said:

@revamp said:

@mysterioususername said:

@inlife said:

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

Based on what I've heard from the mods I know it's pretty frustrating. Always got user issues to deal with. Being a wiki mod is probably even more time consuming.

90% of the video would be screaming, crying and wall punching.

Otherwise its propaganda, haha.

Now I feel guilty, leading an easy life.

Don't feel guilty. Instead, just point and laugh.

xP

#22 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@inlife said:

@revamp said:

@mysterioususername said:

@inlife said:

Wonder what being a mod would be like. The modders should make a video...

Based on what I've heard from the mods I know it's pretty frustrating. Always got user issues to deal with. Being a wiki mod is probably even more time consuming.

90% of the video would be screaming, crying and wall punching.

Otherwise its propaganda, haha.

Now I feel guilty, leading an easy life.

Don't feel guilty. Instead, just point and laugh.

xP

Isn't that what causes the machines to turn on us?

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

I elect myself.

#25 Posted by warlock360 (26900 posts) - - Show Bio

The illuminati

#26 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

The French.

#27 Posted by judasnixon (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: I thought the illuminati was the one choosing mods all along.

#29 Edited by russellmania77 (13615 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#30 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

dang it I never met Babs

#31 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

dang it I never met Babs

like wise lol I knew of her just never met her lol

#32 Posted by Markies (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming the mods pick out candidates because they're more involved in the community, and the staff gets the final say? Seems logical to me anyway, and if they make a mistake they can just strip their mod Powers haha

#33 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: I joined after she left I assume. Heard a few people mention her but never saw her on Vine

#34 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: lol I only saw her post like news and stuff lol but she was very hot though

#35 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: lol. do u have a link to her profile?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. Oh, I've seen her face around here. Never knew it was her

#36 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4927 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

dang it I never met Babs

She has her own site now that she linked in her goodbye article so if you really want to meet her or see more of her stuff there's always that.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

Mods recommend users, most recommendations (without major objections) are usually selected by the staff. Babs wasn't solely in charge of choosing mods.

Rarely, staff will choose a mod on their own.

Ah I see. So it'll just be another staff member who chooses the mod recommendations instead then?

#39 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

Yeah. I'm on here relatively a lot, but the last time I have been on the boards must be months ago.

A user I recognize. I haven't been around for a while myself but have recently started using CV again. I was surprised to hear Babs is gone as well. You know who I always wondered what happen too... Xerox-Kitty. I had mixed feeling about her but she was a big part of the site for a long time.

Being a mod is an extremely difficult and mostly thankless job. I'm sure it's not easy keeping people from messing up the site every day (mostly talking about the wiki here).

#40 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@irishx said:

@revamp said:

Yeah. I'm on here relatively a lot, but the last time I have been on the boards must be months ago.

A user I recognize. I haven't been around for a while myself but have recently started using CV again. I was surprised to hear Babs is gone as well. You know who I always wondered what happen too... Xerox-Kitty. I had mixed feeling about her but she was a big part of the site for a long time.

Being a mod is an extremely difficult and mostly thankless job. I'm sure it's not easy keeping people from messing up the site every day (mostly talking about the wiki here).

Welcome back, irishx :)

Xerox-Kitty got too busy with her personal life, and considering that she would get swarmed with 500 messages every time she logged in, 480 of which being abusive, I can't believe she didn't leave sooner.

#41 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

@revamp said:

Yeah. I'm on here relatively a lot, but the last time I have been on the boards must be months ago.

A user I recognize. I haven't been around for a while myself but have recently started using CV again. I was surprised to hear Babs is gone as well. You know who I always wondered what happen too... Xerox-Kitty. I had mixed feeling about her but she was a big part of the site for a long time.

Being a mod is an extremely difficult and mostly thankless job. I'm sure it's not easy keeping people from messing up the site every day (mostly talking about the wiki here).

Welcome back, irishx :)

Xerox-Kitty got too busy with her personal life, and considering that she would get swarmed with 500 messages every time she logged in, 480 of which being abusive, I can't believe she didn't leave sooner.

Thanks mate. It's good to see you still around too.

Yep, she did a great job as a mod keeping people from making the same topic 100 times and she brought a ton of X-Men knowledge to the forums. She could be a bit harsh at times but she was great for CV no doubt.

#42 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:
@irishx said:

@revamp said:

Yeah. I'm on here relatively a lot, but the last time I have been on the boards must be months ago.

A user I recognize. I haven't been around for a while myself but have recently started using CV again. I was surprised to hear Babs is gone as well. You know who I always wondered what happen too... Xerox-Kitty. I had mixed feeling about her but she was a big part of the site for a long time.

Being a mod is an extremely difficult and mostly thankless job. I'm sure it's not easy keeping people from messing up the site every day (mostly talking about the wiki here).

Welcome back, irishx :)

Xerox-Kitty got too busy with her personal life, and considering that she would get swarmed with 500 messages every time she logged in, 480 of which being abusive, I can't believe she didn't leave sooner.

Thanks mate. It's good to see you still around too.

Yep, she did a great job as a mod keeping people from making the same topic 100 times and she brought a ton of X-Men knowledge to the forums. She could be a bit harsh at times but she was great for CV no doubt.

Yeah, she was great. Hard but fair, as the saying goes.

#43 Posted by jloneblackheart (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: G-Man was always involved too. He's the one who inducted me. I would also assume K4tz will have a lot of input on the next round as well. He's been around a long time and interacts a lot with everyone.

Moderator
#44 Edited by Lvenger (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: Right, Gregg would be an awesome choice to pick new mods too.

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, she was great. Hard but fair, as the saying goes.

Seconded.

#46 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: Good to have you back too, Irish.

#47 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14192 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting!

#48 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.

It'll probably end up being some corporate hack with no knowledge of or background in comics.