Who was your favorite girlfriend for Dexter?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who was your favorite girlfriend for Dexter? (31 votes)

Rita Morgan 52%
Lila West 3%
Lumen Pierce 6%
Hannah McKay 39%

Personally I liked Lumen the most. What about you?

• 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Rita

2. Rita

3. Rita

4. Rita

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked Hannah McKay.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Rita.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lumen was cool. The rest sucked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The rest sucked.

Why you gotta objectify like that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

On-topic: Debra

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By ComicStooge
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Hannah.

Rita would never accept him for what he was if she found out. (Plus, I found her kind of annoying)

Lila aka, "Miss Pardon my T*tts" was bat sh*t crazy.

I actually hated that they made Lumen a love interest, they should have just kept it master and student.

Hannah, for better or worse, was the best choice. She could lead a normal life, yet kill if she had to, she knew Dex's secret and literally went to jail in order to protect that secret and was a pretty good mom to Harrison.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Hannah.

Rita would never accept him for what he was if she found out. (Plus, I found her kind of annoying)

Lila aka, "Miss Pardon my T*tts" was bat sh*t crazy.

I actually hated that they made Lumen a love interest, they should have just kept it master and student.

Hannah, for better or worse, was the best choice. She could lead a normal life, yet kill if she had to, she knew Dex's secret and literally went to jail in order to protect that secret and was a pretty good mom to Harrison.

I really can't improve on this, it's spot on :)

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By legacy6364

Lumen.

EDITED: I forgot about Hannah.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

the only one I didn't like was Lumen. She was annoying.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

All reasons why I didn't like Hannah. By the time she entered the show, we already knew Dexter would never be able to lead a normal life. She may have been more open to Dexters true self, but other than that she was just replacement Rita. As we saw with the finale, she was mostly redundant and only served to take Harrison away.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: You say "Other than that" as if being accepting of Dexter is a small feat. He's a sociopathic serial killer, not many women would be okay with that. If Rita found out, she would take the kids and vamoose. I think Dexter COULD live a normal life, everything was ending perfectly, he and Hannah were leaving the country, Deb was happy, everything was fine, but it's like the writers said, "Oh!!! Wait! No, we can't let this happen. Let's screw it all up...put Deb in a coma."

Hannah was the best girl in the series. A good person who would accept and protect Dexter. No matter what.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000: You say "Other than that" as if being accepting of Dexter is a small feat. He's a sociopathic serial killer, not many women would be okay with that. If Rita found out, she would take the kids and vamoose. I think Dexter COULD live a normal life, everything was ending perfectly, he and Hannah were leaving the country, Deb was happy, everything was fine, but it's like the writers said, "Oh!!! Wait! No, we can't let this happen. Let's screw it all up...put Deb in a coma."

Hannah was the best girl in the series. A good person who would accept and protect Dexter. No matter what.

Of course it's no small feat, but thats really the only reason Dexter and Hannah connected. The actors, imo, had no chemistry and the only merit to Hannahs character was that she could accept Dexter for who he was. That would all be fine and well if the show hadn't spent 5-6 seasons before her introduction establishing the fact that Dexter would never live a normal life. Thats why we got that lumberjack ending. The writers realized that Dexter was about to have the white picket fence and decided to go all out to remind and ensure us he would never have it....thus debs death, Hannah and Harrison leaving, mess of a plot, and lumberjack. So the reason why i didn't like Hannah is that she really brought nothing to the series. She was only there because the writers thought Dexter needed a love interest. Whether or not she was a good person is besides the fact as far as i'm concerned. And if we were ranking that Rita would still be number 1,2,3 and 4......the rest are all serial killers lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: I think Dexter could have a normal life though, and that's what the show was naturally progressing toward. The reason we got the lumberjack ending was the writer's last minute retcons of that progression, trying to reestablish an idea that was being forgotten. To me, Rita was nothing more than a cover up for Dexter. Did he love her? I think so, but she just didn't fit in his life and their relationship would always be built on a lie and have secrets. Hannah could be the one to truly support him.

But, oh well, I think we just have two different analysis of the show, lol.

I agree though, Michael and Yvonne had weak chemistry.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong spoilers in this thread!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Kidd

Hannah, Rita was annoying AF.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I think Dexter could have a normal life though, and that's what the show was naturally progressing toward. The reason we got the lumberjack ending was the writer's last minute retcons of that progression, trying to reestablish an idea that was being forgotten. To me, Rita was nothing more than a cover up for Dexter. Did he love her? I think so, but she just didn't fit in his life and their relationship would always be built on a lie and have secrets. Hannah could be the one to truly support him.

But, oh well, I think we just have two different analysis of the show, lol.

I agree though, Michael and Yvonne had weak chemistry.

Eh, I guess so....I wish the last 3 seasons could be re-written to give us a clear view on where Dexters character was headed. After season 4 he just started jumping all over the place lol

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tough call. For me either, Hannah or Rita.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I literally finished the series two hours ago. Sigh. I'll have to dig up the Decter finale thread and comment.

Rita was my favorite. Her warmth vs. Dexter's coldness always worked well, and she had serious character development every season. Though her death was the show's peak moment, it is a shame that we couldn't have seen her discover who Dexter was. I like that she died believing the best in Dexter, and I love that, but I'll always wonder what she would have done if she had seen Dexter's true face.

Lila was an interesting character, and I liked both how the actress portrayed her and how the show handled her, but let's face it, she was never going to be a long term love interest.

Lumen won me over. At first, I hated her, but I was mildly sad to see her go by the end. Knowing who Dexter was but still not being truly close to him was an interesting dynamic.

Hannah was okay. Her totally accepting Dexter was a slight change, but she was not far from Lumen in that respect. Some have said they have no chemistry. I'm not sure if that is true or if this is just how to serial killers would fall in love. Either way, I didn't feel much for them as a couple.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His sister. *creepy smile and heavy breathing*

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By those_eyes

@ostyo said:

His sister. *creepy smile and heavy breathing*

No Caption Provided

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize Dexter's Laboratory was still relevant.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dexter's hand.

I stopped watching at season 2 episode 1 so I don't have very many options.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By those_eyes

Dexter's hand.

I stopped watching at season 2 episode 1 so I don't have very many options.

No Caption Provided

btw why did you stop watching after season 2? Dexter stays pretty consistently good in my opinion up until season 7.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I stopped watching Dexter after the first epi of season 2 for no particular reason.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I stopped watching Dexter after the first epi of season 2 for no particular reason.

do you plan on ever finishing it?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I hope to get around to finishing it one day but I just don't have the desire at the moment.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

Honestly, I thought Rita was pretty terrible. Everything about her just screamed "please feel sorry for the tired, stressed out single mom who doesn't have the slightest clue her boyfriend is a serial killer". A character that only runs on the audience's pity just becomes a bore eventually.

Voted for Hannah. Lumen's face was weird.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Honestly, I thought Rita was pretty terrible. Everything about her just screamed "please feel sorry for the tired, stressed out single mom who doesn't have the slightest clue her boyfriend is a serial killer". A character that only runs on the audience's pity just becomes a bore eventually.

At first rita came off as just wanting to not f'up again by getting in a bad relationship but yae she got annoying as fuq with screw you dexter im going to nag and moan about every little thing routine. She got on my nerves, but i liked her alot at first. I did feel emotional when she was killed though.

I liked Lila but she was batshit insane. After she started her crazy routine i was like please kill her. If she didn't go crazy she probably would have been my favorite.

Lumen's face wasnt really a problem with me but i guess you mentioned that since she wasnt the hottest of dexter's girlfriends i suppose. Probably my least favorite. I just didnt like how she up and left the way she did and she just had too much mental baggage for my taste.

Hannah was perfect for the most part so she gets my vote aswell.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Lumen was cool.

Awesome, same here. The character was so cool, hated the ending with Dexter though.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lumen looked like a caveman with that forehead.

Rita was his best.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Rita!

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Hannah, but I really didn't like any of them.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@saren said:

yeah but that scene with Rita on top in the S3 opener though.