Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's going to hell? (54 votes)

Hell yes! 59%
Hell no! 41%

Assuming it's a real place, do you think you'd go to hell if you died this instant?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true but the bible claims the earth is only what 1,000 years old? and that adam and eve weren't cave people.

which of course evolution proves false. the earth was also formed over billions of years after the Big Bang. Not created totally in 7 days with people and all.

The Bible itself claims no such thing. It was a Pope several centuries ago who used sketchy arithmetic and chronological reasoning to determine, from the Bible, that the Earth is somewhere under 10,000 years old. The Bible in of itself is not very chalk full of comprehensive interval data, with the most concrete assertions being the amount of time it took to create Earth.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7:

well with that I have a bold statement of my own.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Genesis 2:7

"Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature."

A passage from The Holy Bible. It states that God created man out of dust. Take it as metaphorical or not, it states than man was made out of dust.

Evolution directly contradicts that as Darwin states that humans are descendants of earlier primates, and that we slowly became humans as adapting to the environment over time.

Two good theories, wait I take that back. One good theory proven by science, and one good assumption written by a man in the Middle Ages who thought bathing was bad for you.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'M THE SON OF ZEUS MOTHERF*CKERS!!!!!!

and all you pathetic mortals are going to suffer an eternity in my uncles firey Kingdom.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sad to say, but I fear I would..

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran said:

Agreed. This isn't going anywhere anyway. While there isn't any real proof he does exist, there aren't any facts that help disprove his authenticity (barring evolution). So let's just agree that we disagree.

This argument has been made 1,000,000 times and neither Atheists or Theists have ever won

Evolution doesn't necessarily disprove the Christian God.

true but the bible claims the earth is only what 1,000 years old? and that adam and eve weren't cave people.

which of course evolution proves false. the earth was also formed over billions of years after the Big Bang. Not created totally in 7 days with people and all.

I'm very, very on the fence as to what I believe so I'll post what I can remember but I won't have anywhere near all the answers you probably want.

I don't think so. Going through some maths there's like 10,000 years of recorded history. However, I don't think there's ever been an actual age stated for the Earth. For the 7 days, I've personally heard a lot of debate over what "day" means in the Bible. Could be a revolution of the Earth or it could be billions of years. According to the latter, "day" is just a time period and God created everything in 7 such time periods that we understand as days. And that would make sense for an eternal God; a billion years vs a day would be equally significant to a being with no beginning or end. I'm not sure about Adam and Eve being cave people or not. It's possible, I guess, they were the first Homo Sapiens. It's worth noting that the Bible doesn't give a time period as to how long they were in Eden.

yeah someone cleared up the age of the earth thing. and if those 7 cycles were a billion years. god sucks at math. and if those were 7 days well....

and they didn't age when in eden so the amount of time they spent their would irrelevant.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cyborgzod

If God and Hell were real then I'm probably going there cause I don't believe that shit. Also any god that would punish me for eternity cause I don't believe in him is a douche and doesn't deserve to be worshiped. Suck it God!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Billy Batson

I'd rather go to other fictional places.

But obligatory:

Loading Video...

BB

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are ALL going to hell. Like it or not...

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By youmessinwithme

If God and Hell were real then I'm probably going there cause I don't believe that shit. Also any god that would punish me for eternity cause I don't believe in him is a douche and doesn't deserve to be worshiped. Suck it God!

than He is not god. and you need not worry.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are ALL going to hell. Like it or not...

It's better to rule in Hell, than to serve in Heaven.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran:

you also can not disprove the existence of my father Zeus or his father before him cronos.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod said:

Hahaha... I'm not worried. :-)

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@cyborgzod said:

that's just a quote from a movie, I wouldn't be worried either :P

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lifeofvibe

not me cause i just repent for my sins :p

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@cyborgzod said:

Oh crap I didn't get that. Kingdom of Heaven???

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jonez_

@mitran: Just so I'm not mistaken, you're saying that the creation process (of man) god underwent was evolution? It's an interesting thought process, did you come up with that? It really makes you think...

Call it snide if you want, I'm just saying that people were 'hella dumb in the medieval period.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran:

you also can not disprove the existence of my father Zeus or his father before him cronos.

Why would I try or want to? I've already stated twice now, both posts you were tagged in, that I don't necessarily believe in what I was typing, simply clarifying.

I only spoke about evolution in relation to the Christian God. If you want me to say it, no, I guess evolution doesn't disprove the existence of the ancient Greek gods either.

well just the fact that saying you can't disprove something isn't a very strong argument.

But no one seems to use the lack of evidence to prove Zeus or Thor aren't real as evidence to support their existence.

you can't prove unicorns are real. you will never be able to prove unicorns are real.

No one will ever be able to prove unicorns aren't real either though.

but the reason why you can't is because they're not real. and therefore there is no proof of them what so ever.

you will never have concrete evidence that spider-man is or isn't real(like you can't prove to anyone that he's not out there hiding). but that's because he isn't.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@cyborgzod said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@cyborgzod said:

Oh crap I didn't get that. Kingdom of Heaven???

yep. great movie.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By youmessinwithme

@mitran said:

@jonez120 said:

@mitran: Just so I'm not mistaken, you're saying that the creation process (of man) god underwent was evolution? It's an interesting thought process, did you come up with that? It really makes you think...

Call it snide if you want, I'm just saying that people were 'hella dumb in the medieval period.

Yeah, basically. It's not an argument I came up with, but it's something a few denominations believe. I'm not sure if any take it back to equating amino acids to dust, just seemed reasonable from what little I know.

Ah, well then I'd be inclined to agree.

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran:

Why would I try or want to? I've already stated twice now, both posts you were tagged in, that I don't necessarily believe in what I was typing, simply clarifying.

I only spoke about evolution in relation to the Christian God. If you want me to say it, no, I guess evolution doesn't disprove the existence of the ancient Greek gods either.

well just the fact that saying you can't disprove something isn't a very strong argument.

You don't seem to get it. I wasn't saying that God exists because there is nothing to disprove his existence. I was saying that evolution, on its own, does not disprove his existence. I omitted the rest of your post because it's nothing I haven't heard before and irrelevant.

No I got what you were saying completely. don't assume I can't read.

I already conceded that it didn't disprove his existence. it's impossible to prove god doesn't exist.

I was simply stating that just because it doesn't disprove it doesn't make a strong case for his existence. just like Evolution doesn't prove Zeus doesn't exist. it is of course also not evidence to support greek myth.

the rest of my post was also not irrelevant. you may not have like the way i worded it. But it was an entirely just comparison.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But obligatory:

Loading Video...

BB

Too happy.

I'll tone down the music down to this

Loading Video...

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By russellmania77

All athiest lol and sadley me too

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By DoctorXander

I try to set my sets on the place God wants us to get to

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where do you think I'm from?

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah. I mean I am a teenage boy. What do you all expect lol?

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By youmessinwithme

@mitran said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran said:
@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@mitran:

You don't seem to get it. I wasn't saying that God exists because there is nothing to disprove his existence. I was saying that evolution, on its own, does not disprove his existence. I omitted the rest of your post because it's nothing I haven't heard before and irrelevant.

No I got what you were saying completely. don't assume I can't read.

I already conceded that it didn't disprove his existence. it's impossible to prove god doesn't exist.

I was simply stating that just because it doesn't disprove it doesn't make a strong case for his existence. just like Evolution doesn't prove Zeus doesn't exist. it is of course also not evidence to support greek myth.

the rest of my post was also not irrelevant. you may not have like the way i worded it. But it was an entirely just comparison.

I'm not assuming you can't read. I'm assuming you weren't and still aren't attempting to understand the intent behind my post.

Whether or not God exists is irrelevant. Jonez said that evolution disproved God's existence; I disagreed. Nowhere did I use the argument that God can't be disproven as proof that he exists. I never even said he exists. I simply said that evolution does not disprove the idea.

The rest of your post - your whole post actually, I just had to keep some to respond to - was in fact irrelevant to our conversation because you tried to argue with something I did not say. I'm not interested in a debate where you try to put words in my mouth. Frankly I'm not too excited about religious debates in general. It has nothing to do with how you worded anything. As I said, that post contained nothing I hadn't heard before.

Now I'm going to drop this because it's rather off topic and really wasn't worth the time spent on it.

well you're assuming I can't read well then.... I read and understood your post. you did not understand mine.

I never said you did say that. I quite simply stated that it wasn't evidence. I was never trying to put words in your mouth.

again simple statement of fact not irrelevant. I never said you did belive otherwise nor was I trying to argue with you about it.

So clearly you did not understand my post.

So thank you for wasting both are time.

even the part about unicorns was not irrelevant. Some versions of the bible mention Unicorns.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Evan if i'm probably going to hell i'm pretty sure most of peoples here doesnt understand what a Christian Hell would mean.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:

Evan if i'm probably going to hell i'm pretty sure most of peoples here doesnt understand what a Christian Hell would mean.

Separation from god.

BB

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have been to HELL it's a lot smaller then I expected.

LINK TO HELL

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@jonez120: Go watch an exorcism, it's scary stuff.

@eisenfauste said:

@racob7: Yes, but it still doesn't mean anything at all, God doesn't hate homosexuals contrary to popular belief.

Supposedly he doesn't HATE anyone, though it sure seems like some people get special treatment. But anyway, when I die, I want to hold no spiritual ties to anything. I want to be free.

God does hate certain people because of the things they do. And while he doesn't say he hates gays, everytime he mentions them, they are to be put to death or will not enter heaven. God puts gays, murderers and greedy people in the same category. Old and New Testament

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no possible way anyone could have made this thread without expecting it to burn (no pun intended).

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lesterlawton

@racob7 said:

@youmessinwithme: You'd be surprised how many gods there are. Go read the Bible, it mentions a few.

Many books do, but in the end, they're just books. If civilization as we know it were to end today, and hundreds of years from now somebody dug up the Lord of the Rings books, would the books be seen as actual history? Most modern history books given out in schools have been proven to be ridiculously inaccurate, now think about how old the Bible is, and how many changes we've made to it. You can't trust anything written by man.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This thread is kinda sad

Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The concept of Heaven and Hell is an ongoing issue with me. I was raised Christian and have always assumed I was going to Heaven. Having said that in the past decade or so I have started questioning who goes to Heaven and Hell. The reason I have started questioning it is simple. My Dad and my sister-in-law both died within a couple of years.

My dad was and still is one of the most ethical and moral men I know. Was kind and generous to those in need. Worked 2 jobs as well as owned his own mower shop to make sure me and my brothers and sister had a place to sleep, clothes on our back, and food to eat. Treated my mother with respect. But he never as far as I know ever owned a Bible, never read a Bible, never prayed, never accepted Christ as his Savior, never went to church, never discussed theology in any way shape or form.

My sister-in-law was vindictive, malicious, manipulative, a financial parasite, a thief, a vicious gossip. She was a bad person, a bad spouse, a bad mother. She was verbally abusive towards her husband and verbally and physically abusive towards her children. But she claimed to be a Christian, went to church and Bible study, prayed regularly and is able to quote entire sections of the Bible. Everyone in her family (including her oldest brother who is a minister) claim they KNOW she is in Heaven.

My issue is and will always be if we follow the tenants of the text in the Bible my sister-in-law is in Heaven and my father is in Hell. And I struggle with that. Not only do I struggle with that but as vicious a person as my sister-in-law was id she is in Heaven I can't imagine anybody I know personally not going to Heaven

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92  Edited By Jokerpoker

I believe in God and go to church and all, but it's 50/50.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

For sure, and I kinda prefer it that way. Less hypocritical.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes..

And not even Hell could escape my WRATH. i will conquer hell and make satan my servant.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Yokergeist

@mitran said:

I was hoping by posting this we could get some discussion about other afterlife-s. Too much to ask for I guess.

@jonez120 said:

@racob7: Agreed. This isn't going anywhere anyway. While there isn't any real proof he does exist, there aren't any facts that help disprove his authenticity (barring evolution). So let's just agree that we disagree.

This argument has been made 1,000,000 times and neither Atheists or Theists have ever won

Evolution doesn't necessarily disprove the Christian God.

Actually the Earth is over 7,000 years old, according to the bible.

If you dropped a bunch of wood from a airplane, would it form a house?

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Ultra_beleco

I'm catholic and Gay. So I can already feel the heat of the hellfire.

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#97  Edited By Bushwhacker_

@billy_batson said:

But obligatory:

Loading Video...

BB

Good job making it obvious that you are an atheist.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Physical evidence anybody?

You can't prove or disprove a supernatural deity through man made methods. Science is just as man made as the Bible..Sure it might "provide answers"but it still can't explain everything.

@youmessinwithme that would require the big bang theory to be an actual fact instead of,as it name says,a theory.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@jonez120:

I've had prophetic dreams.

I've talked to the Christian God. (Yes, I'm sure)

I fought and almost killed a demon once. That was fun. ):

I have a demon inside me. (I don't think I can kill it yet)

Multiple psychics have told me I'm somehow important, probably because I beat up a demon with a baseball bat at age 12.

I loled

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

If it's real, I am surely going there due to how many people I have turned away from god.