Edited 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Who is the most OVERUSED Character Online in Injustice:Gods Among Us? (64 votes)

Aquaman 8%
Ares 2%
Bane 2%
Batman 16%
Black Adam 2%
Catwoman 2%
Cyborg 0%
Deathstroke 42%
Doomsday 0%
Flash 0%
Green Arrow 2%
Green Lantern 3%
Harley Quinn 2%
Hawkgirl 0%
Joker 3%
Killer Frost 0%
Lex Luthor 0%
Lobo(DLC) 3%
Nightwing 0%
Raven 0%
Shazam 0%
Sinestro 3%
Solomon Grundy 2%
Superman 6%
Wonder Woman 0%
Other choice most likely Martian Manhunter, Blue Beetle, Red Hood, Mr. Freeze etc whoever is future DLC 5%
#1 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22319 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#2 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Most overused? I don't know. Whenever I jumped online it's always been relatively random! What do you think @k4tzm4n ?

#3 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Its so annoying when a kid runs as far away from you and spams heat vision so you can't move.

#4 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Was curious about his thoughts as well. I think he said in another Injustice topic Raven took him off guard or something. I use her a lot lol she can be a pain, but not sure if she's overused. So far for me, it's definitely been Deathstroke, Batman or Superman mostly. I did play one good Black Adam player who It took me a match to beat him with Hawkgirl.

The Least used I have to say is probably Harley Quinn, Cyborg, Bane and Hawkgirl. I rarely if ever see them used online

#5 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Haha yes, him and I were playing King of the Hill online when one of the players utilized Raven and simply spammed low kicks whenever you got close and her ranged attacks from afar. Most of her move-set allows her to trap her opponents in bubbles and smack them around as well!

The least played has to be Killer Frost.

#6 Edited by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

The least played has to be Killer Frost.

Most definitely. I don't think I have ever fought a Killer Frost online.

That said, I did play as Killer Frost once, but it was an accident. I selected the wrong character and it went into the match (I still won and it was my first playing as Killer Frost... ever)

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

The Least used I have to say is probably Harley Quinn, Cyborg, Bane and Hawkgirl. I rarely if ever see them used online

Really? I mean, I don't see Cyborg much, but I see Bane and Harley all the time.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Killer Frost isn't half bad. I mean, she doesn't have the best combo's but I've won a match or two whenever I mistakingly used her!

#9 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

I actually bumped into ONCE KF so far lol. She's no Sub-Zero that's for sure lol but I think she's just an awkward character to play with, more of a defensive/counter character with her ice parries etc.

Oh I love using Raven, however I enjoy doing combos besides just zoning and keeping people out. Her TK moves are annoying especially from range. Do you play on Xbox, PSN or Wii?

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Yeah I agree, purely a defensive character and she's rather slow but her super is absolutely brutal!

I play on 360!

#11 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@vaeternus said:

Really? I mean, I don't see Cyborg much, but I see Bane and Harley all the time.

Yeah, I don't know if it's the time I go on or the rooms lol but I always get the same characters DS, Batman, Superman, GL. I have never seen Harley, Cyborg or HG used against me. I however use Hawkgirl. Oh Joker too, only one of my friends who's a chick likes using him. I have seen like Bane twice I think in total.

@deranged_midget Oh neat, me too. On Xbox I mean. I agree, definitely more defensive KF but her super is pretty nasty.

Doomsday's is overkill as my friend always says lol. But it's Doomsday haha. BTW, when I quoted your name another deranged midget popped up lol there's two of you?

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Haha, that was my original account that I made nearly three years ago! Forgot my password and just remade my account!

#13 Posted by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

I see many Sinestro's, however Deathstroke's are close and way more obnoxious with the gun spam.

#14 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

lol that's funny. But yeah, if you guys want. Feel free to send me a message my GT is MKF30 ;)

@bruxae said:

I see many Sinestro's, however Deathstroke's are close and way more obnoxious with the gun spam.

Oh Sinestro is annoying with that comet move lol. But not as bad as DS I agree lol. Damn guns are hard to get in on, it's possible just tough. I was going to use DS one day one but after seeing how overused he was I was like you know what, screw this lol. I want to beat people with characters that are rarely seen ;)

#15 Edited by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

DS is fading out as he's getting a bad rep, Sinestro is picking up his slack though.

Every character has a really sh*tty way to play them, but some are more obvious than others - I had a nightmare of a time with a Raven that only used the Ermac style grab...

Edit: The actual cheapest character I've found is Grundy, you can get a free 52% combo out of nothing it's unbelievably easy to do as his moves take so much time to animate - and his armour is bananas.

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

DS is fading out as he's getting a bad rep, Sinestro is picking up his slack though.

Every character has a really sh*tty way to play them, but some are more obvious than others - I had a nightmare of a time with a Raven that only used the Ermac style grab...

Edit: The actual cheapest character I've found is Grundy, you can get a free 52% combo out of nothing it's unbelievably easy to do as his moves take so much time to animate - and his armour is bananas.

Doomsday can handle Grundy smash ;) he has armor of his own hehe. The trick to grundy is keeping him far.

#17 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played around six matches online so far over the course of a week and the only character I've fought against online is Green Arrow.

I've been playing with a couple of characters in training mode trying to get a handle on them before I really jump online. Cyborg is the character I enjoy playing as most at the present moment.

#18 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Its so annoying when a kid runs as far away from you and spams heat vision so you can't move.

Lex Luthor is just as bad if not worse, he can constantly shoot projectiles and once you get in close he sucks you in with that whatever it is. It's a real drag fighting against him

#19 Edited by consolemaster001 (5604 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam

#20 Edited by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly see quite a fair balance of characters.

#21 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, by far.

#22 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Deathstroke but when I thought about it a little more, I actually see more Aquaman than anyone else.

#23 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

Unfortunately, he sucks on Injustice..meh, free wins for me.

#24 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely don't think Batman sucks in the right hands lol. But it's funny last night I went on and found a Harley Quinn....

#25 Edited by consolemaster001 (5604 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the hell voted aries ? Nobody uses him lol

#26 Edited by Skyfire (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm absolutely terrible online. I only won once, and that's because I shamelessly spammed Green Lantern's < > attacks.

#27 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how the game is only for iOS. am I really not going to get all those cool skins because I don't have an iphone that's lame

#28 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. I also see a sh*t load of Aquaman players as well.

#29 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

From my experience, Superman, Batman and Deathstroke.

Even better question: who voted for LOBO? He's not even out yet!

#30 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: I can see that but I've never actually faced lex luthor online.

#31 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

lol and lobo?

@jldoom said:

From my experience, Superman, Batman and Deathstroke.

@consolemaster001 said:

Even better question: who voted for LOBO? He's not even out yet!

Took the words right out of my mouth lol

#32 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not Cyborg.

#34 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3167 posts) - - Show Bio

I constantly go up against Sinestros and it angers me because they use that stupid rock move.

#35 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not Cyborg.

True, very true I've yet to play one lol. I've even played a few Harley's, Jokers, Black Adams and they're hardly used...but no Cyborg, surprised cause he's kind of like Lex but 100 times faster

#36 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

LandSLIDE!

and it was the one I voted for too plus the 1st comment says it

( + )

#37 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@evilvegeta74: I can see that but I've never actually faced lex luthor online.

Lex is a beast, wait until people find out!

He is annoying with those damn unblockable lasers, missles from the sky...good lord.

LandSLIDE!

and it was the one I voted for too plus the 1st comment says it

( + )

Deathstroke? lol He's still winning haha.

I constantly go up against Sinestros and it angers me because they use that stupid rock move.

lol That move is fun isn't it? It can be blocked but since block is back, and you try to move forward it can be annoying...if that move was unblockable Sinestro would be broken and top tier no doubt lol(thank god it's blockable)

#38 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3167 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: I don't use Sinestro and I stopped playing online because of Sinestro.

#39 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain about Deathstroke way too much. If you use him and fire a single bullet, people cry spam.

SInestro is way worse. His projectiles and that rock move are harder to avoid and can be easily abused.

#40 Edited by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain about Deathstroke way too much. If you use him and fire a single bullet, people cry spam.

SInestro is way worse. His projectiles and that rock move are harder to avoid and can be easily abused.

Yeah true. To be honest I'm one of those people that complain, I'm a sore loser. But the fact is zoning is what their game tactics mainly comprise of. So if anyone is going up against these two they better expect lasers and bullets to fly it's what they need to do to win which is the objective.

As for the actual topic, deathstroke is definatley the most used character online. I think it's because he has a straight forward tactic with relatively simple moves making him beginner friendly character.

#41 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Some Advice:

Black Adam can give Sinerstro hell. He's got a few good zoning tools in his lightning strike and cloud. And his dash can easily be done in response to the rock move to close the distance and punish. Also BA's dive kick is really good for closing the distance.

Doomsday is also great against Sinestro because he is a rush down beast closing the gap very effectively with his trait and his shoulder tackle move.

Also, if the opponent gets you with the rock from distance don't crouch when you are at a long distance, sinestro has no low moves from a really long range; so if you crouch the opponent will keep shooting out the rock because its an overhead

#42 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: I don't use Sinestro and I stopped playing online because of Sinestro.

Really? Sinestro made you rage that much huh? Damn lol. They patched the game recently(in the first patch) not many issues but apparently Ares has a reset combo, Cyborg has a boarderline block infinite with his fire balls that some people want patched. I heard GA also has one but considering GA is hardly used lol I don't care about him honestly.

Doomsdays hitbox has been fixed, since his hitbox was CRAZY good being so damn huge...few other things if you guys want to see the latest patch notes what they fixed check out this link ;)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-gods-among-us-patch-1-release-notes-includes-codes-fixes-and-balance-tweaks.32207/

#43 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3167 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Ya it did.

@mr_winchester: Thanks for the advice. I decided to try Shazam against him because of the lighting das and teleporting and it helped.

#44 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Ya it did.

@mr_winchester: Thanks for the advice. I decided to try Shazam against him because of the lighting das and teleporting and it helped.

Geez, well there's always offline and the S.T.A.R. lab missions(but be warned they will give you a headache lol) I've found DD, Flash are also good against Sinestro. Flash because of his speed and can elude the projectile attacks via his vibrate move, his meter burn version counter attacks.

If Sinestro does the comet, flash's head butt move can dodge it plus the speed force helps as it slows everything but him down.

DD imo just owns Sinestro up close, and his meter burn teleport tracks and is unblockable so he can also get in on Sinestro.

#45 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: No problem. Glad it worked out.

hmm you sound like someone who knows the drill with high level mechanics, although now notice people are picking Grundy because his armor up close is brutal...