Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@edblank said:

Ancient Egypt = Africans. Moses passed for Egyptian. Jesus is a descendant...

(A lot of times people tell me that Egypt wasn't black because northern Africans weren't as dark as Sub Saharan. Norwegians are lighter than Greeks but I do believe they all are considered "white". If a northern African from thousands of years ago found himself in America in 2014 he would be considered black. So yeah.)

I would think he was Brown, not Black. *shrug*

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Chibi_cute

bob marley comes to mind.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Me.

Being a Virgin doesn't make you famous brah.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Wasn't amused with Money in the Bank to be honest, don't blame you :P

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@greatcaesarsghost:

@edblank said:

(A lot of times people tell me that Egypt wasn't black because northern Africans weren't as dark as Sub Saharan. Norwegians are lighter than Greeks but I do believe they all are considered "white". If a northern African from thousands of years ago found himself in America in 2014 he would be considered black. So yeah.)

I would think he was Brown, not Black. *shrug*

I am brown. Wherever I go people call me black. There are very few literally black as in the color or fresh asphalt black people on Earth IF THEY ACTUALLY EXIST. The vast vast majority of "black" people are brown. Likewise, there are very few literally white people IF ANY.

So what's it gonna be? By your definition everyone is a brown person, some just browner than others.

I will say it again: if Barry O is black then Jesus would have been considered black. If Jesus would not be considered black (assuming my math is correct about Jesus being descendant from a tribe of people who could pass for North African) then no one is.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fredrick Douglas.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By warlock360
No Caption Provided

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

@judasnixon said:

Jesus.......

No Caption Provided

Archaeological and Historical evidence points to the Exodus never having happened. Looking at things from a scientific background ethnically the Jewish population which Jesus descended from is from the Levant and would likely look very similar to modern middle eastern Jews and other ethnic groups from the Levant region. Basically he would almost certainly be of middle eastern appearance, certainly not white, but not black either, simply a typical middle eastern man.

`Israeli archaeologist Ze'ev Herzog provides the current consensus view on the historicity of the Exodus: “The Israelites never were in Egypt. They never came from abroad. This whole chain is broken. It is not a historical one. It is a later legendary reconstruction—made in the seventh century [BCE]—of a history that never happened.” `

`Finkelstein and Silberman argue that instead of the Israelites conquering Canaan after the Exodus (as suggested by the book of Joshua), most of them had in fact always been there; the Israelites were simply Canaanites who developed into a distinct culture.[19] Recent surveys of long-term settlement patterns in the Israelite heartlands show no sign of violent invasion or even peaceful infiltration, but rather a sudden demographic transformation about 1200 BCE in which villages appear in the previously unpopulated highlands;[20] these settlements have a similar appearance to modern Bedouin camps, suggesting that the inhabitants were once pastoral nomads, driven to take up farming by the Late Bronze Age collapse of the Canaanite city-culture.`

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesus christ

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

@judasnixon said:

Jesus.......

No Caption Provided

Archaeological and Historical evidence points to the Exodus never having happened. Looking at things from a scientific background ethnically the Jewish population which Jesus descended from is from the Levant and would likely look very similar to modern middle eastern Jews and other ethnic groups from the Levant region. Basically he would almost certainly be of middle eastern appearance, certainly not white, but not black either, simply a typical middle eastern man.

`Israeli archaeologist Ze'ev Herzog provides the current consensus view on the historicity of the Exodus: “The Israelites never were in Egypt. They never came from abroad. This whole chain is broken. It is not a historical one. It is a later legendary reconstruction—made in the seventh century [BCE]—of a history that never happened.” `

`Finkelstein and Silberman argue that instead of the Israelites conquering Canaan after the Exodus (as suggested by the book of Joshua), most of them had in fact always been there; the Israelites were simply Canaanites who developed into a distinct culture.[19] Recent surveys of long-term settlement patterns in the Israelite heartlands show no sign of violent invasion or even peaceful infiltration, but rather a sudden demographic transformation about 1200 BCE in which villages appear in the previously unpopulated highlands;[20] these settlements have a similar appearance to modern Bedouin camps, suggesting that the inhabitants were once pastoral nomads, driven to take up farming by the Late Bronze Age collapse of the Canaanite city-culture.`

If we're going by scientific evidence then there's no proof Yeshua ben Yosef (what Jesus would have actually been called) existed at all and we are doing something along the lines of debating Black Adam's ethnicity.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MLK Jr and Nelson Mandella.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking of Meteor Man or these guys.

But seriously, I was thinking MJ or Martin Luther King. Unless some guys mention Louis Armstrong or Luther Vandross.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Black Santa?

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

@totalbalance said:

@edblank said:

@judasnixon said:

Jesus.......

No Caption Provided

If we're going by scientific evidence then there's no proof Yeshua ben Yosef (what Jesus would have actually been called) existed at all and we are doing something along the lines of debating Black Adam's ethnicity.

Eh, that is debatable. If we assume that he was completely a fictional character, we would still find it most reasonable to assume that he was of the same ethnicity of most people of the region he inhabited given that the bible makes no particular effort to give an exact description of the physical appearance of Jesus and makes no assertions of him being of a different ethnicity than those around him. We know for certain that the bible states him to be of the Jewish people, and knowing the ethnic background of the Jewish people, it follows then that he would be of a middle eastern complexion as are the inhabitants of the Levant

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Despite all of the good works Kofi Anan has done, I always laugh when I say his name backwards...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ostyo said:

Michael Jackson, that's not even debatable.

I'm making it a debate!

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Oprah, Beyonce, or someone like that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Tut

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I always thought of Jesus as more Middle Eastern than white or black, more Arabian. Perhaps that's just me.

Anyway in the grand scheme of the world? Probably Mandela. In the US? Probably MLK Jr. Although there are plenty out there to list.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody has said Will Smith?!?!

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John henry!

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only two right answers, MLK Jr. or Cassius Clay (Ali).

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By marvel_boy2241
No Caption Provided

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd say MLKjr, Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, Sam Jackson, Laurence Fishburne, Morgan Freeman, as of now who is gaining popularity quickly I'd put Kevin Hart on that list.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Cube! Tupac!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Barack Obama, presently. Overall, should be Martin Luther King Jr. although Nelson Mandela could take the title.

Sammy Davis Jr. could be another. Michael Jackson. James Brown. Prince. Lincoln Alexander. Jay-Z.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ilikedonuts

My all-time favorite boxer.

GEORGE FOREMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Foreman
George Foreman

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nat Turner

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the title is "ever", I'd say it'd it Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, Mansa Musa or Shaka. Most modern "celebrities" will be forgotten in a century or less by the world.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@bumpyboo said:

@judasnixon said:

Jesus.......

No Caption Provided

This was the answer I came hoping to find, and you didn't disappoint, mate ;)

Jesus was Israeli

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#89 vance_astro  Moderator
superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#92  Edited By kuonphobos

Michael Jordan's image was all over the place in the Philippines back in the mid-90s. The Filipinos love basketball more than most things so that may have had something to do with it. But I would probably still say Nelson Mandela is most well known with Michael Jackson a solid second or third.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

yeah I know he isn't, I just did it as a joke, and to see if anyone here knows who he is.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#95  Edited By consolemaster001

@comedy_brosusa: Wasn't he the guy who just found out about memes in 2013 ?

On topic:

MLK

Malcolm X

Obama

Fiddy Cent

Nelson Mandela

Idi Amin

Come to mind.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oprah.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr, Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Tupac, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Samuel L. Jackson.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Noone301994

Jim Crow

No Caption Provided

Just kidding lol. Obama is probably the most famous.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the top of my head these are the names that come up:

• Nelson Mandela
  • Martin Luther King
  • Michael Jackson
  • Mohammed Ali
  • Micheal Jordan