• 51 results
Posted by TheUndertaker45 (45 posts) 8 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Who is the best WWE/WWF Wrestler of all time? Round 1 (44 votes)

The Rock 16%
John Cena 2%
Stone Cold 11%
Hulk Hogan 11%
Andre the Giant 2%
Edge 2%
Triple H 0%
Shawn Michaels 7%
Bret Hart 9%
The Undertaker 7%
Kurt Angle 2%
Batista 2%
Brock Lesnar 0%
CM Punk 2%
Daniel Bryan 0%
Alberto del Rio 0%
Goldberg 2%
Rey Mysterio 2%
Randy Orton 0%
Chris Benoit 5%
Mick Foley 2%
Chris Jericho 9%
Bruno Sammartino 0%
Randy Savage 0%
Ric Flair 0%
Ultimate Warrior 5%
#1 Posted by TheUndertaker45 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't vote for this one.

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Was tough picking between Shawn and Bret. Went with HBK though

#3 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

Ring wise? Benoit. Overall Stone Cold maybe ?

#4 Posted by russellmania77 (15337 posts) - - Show Bio

The undertaker duh

#5 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock is my personal favorite along with CM Punk and the Undertaker.

#6 Posted by laflux (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the names on the list their should be other guys on the list

For example if your including ADR, why isn't guys like Sheamus, Booker T, Benoit or RVD on the list. Or even guys like the Miz. For all the guys who hate on him, he Main Evented Wrestlemania as a Heel, and walked out a champion against Cena!!!! Where's Jeff Hardy? Where's Kane? Where's JBL? Longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history. Where is "Latino heat" Eddie G? Big show, a 7 time world champion? Your going old school with Guys like Bruno? What about Bob Backlund? Second longest overall reign in history with the WWE title? Dusty Rhodes? Or even Big Van Vader.

TBH I don't think either of these are candidates for the best, but if your going by who was the best World Champion, the list can be expanded for sure. If you want to expand further to guys who didn't win world titles, then the list can be expanded to guys who IMO are better than some of the people on that list, like Jake the Snake or Mr Perfect.

In anycase, of the ones listed, the Fanboy in me wants to say the Rock.

But I'll come out and say Chris Jericho. I used to not like him, but in terms of overall Ring ability, Mic skills and honors, and overall contribution to the Sport, he has it. Also doesn't hurt that he was the first Undisputed Champion, and his MO is the Best at what he does.

Close seconds include Foley, SCSA, Micheals, Punk and Angle

But I'm interested in seeing @lykopis @god_spawn and @sc think.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

Bret Hart, Jericho, Benoit, Angle, Bryan and HBK.

F*ck everyone else.

#8 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

well if your going to base it in general or per era id have to say

per era wise

hogan was the guy to really be the kick starter for that whole wwf stuff

secodnley would have to be guys like hbk hart razor ramon when it came to 80's - 94 95

attitude era wise it basicly speaks for itself because you had guys like austin taker dx rock and damn good story archs and one of them being who ran down stone cold .

ruthless aggression era was good

currently the top guys i like now is punk daniel bryan the shield dolph ziggler antonio cesaro and wyatt family.

in general its a toss up between the following 8 guys

hogan

austin

undertaker

the rock

hbk

bret hart

ric flair

hhh ( see his thy kingdom come documentary and you will see why i added him)

#9 Edited by dboyrules2011 (13376 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Jericho.

#10 Posted by Dawgfan229 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTIMATE WARRIOR

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18617 posts) - - Show Bio

Best wrestler or best performer all around? Wait, HBK wins either way... ;)

#12 Posted by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock, he had charisma, decent ring performance (though not nearly the best) humor and a cool gimmick. He's pretty much the complete package.

#13 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

The Rock, he had charisma, decent ring performance (though not nearly the best) humor and a cool gimmick. He's pretty much the complete package.

thing with the attitude era is it wasnt just one guy who made it popular. it was multiple stars . what i dislike is people only assume it was just rock and austin who made that era when in fact it was also dx ministry of darkness even the corporate ministery hell even chyna becoming the first woman to win the intercontinental title. the attitude era had by far some if not the best storylines in pro wrestling. id also like to touch on a interesting note that jim ross said and that is the vince mcmahon charachter you see on tv could never had worked if it wasnt for the stone cold feud because at the time who else couldve even matched the rebel element as a solo star? dx was always a stable. thats why i thik now todays wwe is terrible. sure cm punk had his moment in 2011 and we have guys like the shield and wyatts but look how quickly both those stables went from being very great to almost written badly. i use to be one of those guys to say go back to the attitude era but the truth is the company is trying to keep up with todays world issues. thats why i feel instead of hiring hollywood writters get a legit wrestling booker and just simply crank out amazing story lines for the pg era.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

thing with the attitude era is it wasnt just one guy who made it popular. it was multiple stars . what i dislike is people only assume it was just rock and austin who made that era when in fact it was also dx ministry of darkness even the corporate ministery hell even chyna becoming the first woman to win the intercontinental title. the attitude era had by far some if not the best storylines in pro wrestling. id also like to touch on a interesting note that jim ross said and that is the vince mcmahon charachter you see on tv could never had worked if it wasnt for the stone cold feud because at the time who else couldve even matched the rebel element as a solo star? dx was always a stable. thats why i thik now todays wwe is terrible. sure cm punk had his moment in 2011 and we have guys like the shield and wyatts but look how quickly both those stables went from being very great to almost written badly. i use to be one of those guys to say go back to the attitude era but the truth is the company is trying to keep up with todays world issues. thats why i feel instead of hiring hollywood writters get a legit wrestling booker and just simply crank out amazing story lines for the pg era.

I know Rock wasn't the only guy in the AE that made it what it was...but he was my favorite out of all of them. :P

#15 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with @laflux. If you're making this the best WWE wrestler of all time, you really are missing some important names up there. If it's specific in terms of championships, I guess I can understand but it's pretty heavily stacked with current wrestlers as opposed to older.

I love The Rock. I do. But I am picking Bret Hart anyway.

#16 Edited by laflux (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I agree with @laflux. If you're making this the best WWE wrestler of all time, you really are missing some important names up there. If it's specific in terms of championships, I guess I can understand but it's pretty heavily stacked with current wrestlers as opposed to older.

Pshhh. Canadian Bias :P

#17 Edited by _Gaff_ (3382 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he is the best very strongly. He put his body through so much for are entertainment. The stuff he did was revolutionary.

#18 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

The ayatollah of rock and rollah!

#19 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

NOPE. I could have said Jericho....

#20 Edited by laflux (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

LIES!! He was born inn New York IIRC :)

#21 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Hogan

Ric Flair

Macho Man

Bruno

Ultimate Warrior

The wrestlers nowadays don't TOUCH the legends.

#22 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: The best tend to be Canadian. Chris Jericho, Edge, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Trish Stratus. Shall I go on to listing Hockey players?

#23 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK HOGAN BABY..

#24 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

LIES!! He was born inn New York IIRC :)

And yet, he attended Hart School of Wrestling....hmm....

(and he is Canadian -- American born true, but Canadian.)

#25 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@laflux: The best tend to be Canadian. Chris Jericho, Edge, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Trish Stratus. Shall I go on to listing Hockey players?

Dude.

#26 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24815 posts) - - Show Bio

Edge....

#27 Posted by Perethorn (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

Andre the Giant.

#28 Posted by DarkLordArgeist (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogan

#29 Edited by Gordyman (619 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of mic work and personality: Stone Cold

In terms of raw talent and athleticism: It's a three way tie between Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, and the Undertaker.

Voted for Stone Cold

#30 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@the_stegman said:

I know Rock wasn't the only guy in the AE that made it what it was...but he was my favorite out of all of them. :P

i know thats why i stated people that arent you always assumed it was just one person

#31 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy said:

The wrestlers nowadays don't TOUCH the legends.

thats not entirely true. this isnt me speaking from the iwc ( internet wrestling community) but guys like punk and daniel bryan really are this generations hbk and bret hart and a guy like dean ambrose is this generations jake the snake roberts because of the ring psychology. apparently nobody on the roster knew jake would be at raw except for the bosses and apparently ambrose idolizes roberts so that must have been a huge honor for him .also wwe posted this fan mashup i believe 2 days after old school raw

#32 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I tHe only one tHat finds it nearly impossible to vote? THere are so many to cHoose. And of all time, really, of all time?

I can't vote tHere are too many and of all time, c'mon.

June'sVeryOwn

#33 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

Am I tHe only one tHat finds it nearly impossible to vote? THere are so many to cHoose. And of all time, really, of all time?

I can't vote tHere are too many and of all time, c'mon.

June'sVeryOwn

just vote doink issue solved

#34 Posted by XxEdward_KenwayXx (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I'm surprised nobody has said john cena or the rock. The rock was the most popular and most liked wrestler during his time. And john cena is the most popular right now and has been for a long time already. He's the face of the WWE.

#35 Posted by Rouflex (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Benoit, i'm a bit biased because i'm from Montréal too.

This said Chris Jericho, is epic too.

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37881 posts) - - Show Bio

Shawn Michaels or get out.

#37 Posted by laflux (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Y2J is still leading :P

THE STUDENT HAS BECOME THE MASTER :D

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (37881 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Jericho is awesome. But even he would probably say Michaels :P.

#39 Edited by laflux (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Jericho is awesome. But even he would probably say Michaels :P.

That's cause he's a Micheals fanboy :D

#40 Posted by God_Spawn (37881 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Because Michaels is the greatest. So many superstars and wrestlers in the the big leagues and Indy circuit would attest to that.

#41 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* The one's that come to mind are

Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone COld, Undertaker, HBK, and I would say Angle but he left the WWE and in my eyes took TNA to the next level.

I'd say Kurt definitely deserves a spot in the pro-wrestling sport in general but... I don't know.

Rocky, Taker, Austin, or Hogan.... wait... I just remembered Hogan was in WCW and TNA. He's out.

Rocky, Taker, or Austin....

Imma go with...

I still need time to think.

Ok

Taker or Rocky

I'll give it to Taker and Rocky is 2nd... It hurts so much to pick one

(+)

Wow I'm surprised nobody has said john cena or the rock. The rock was the most popular and most liked wrestler during his time. And john cena is the most popular right now and has been for a long time already. He's the face of the WWE.

I think you skipped a few posts like Steg's

#42 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Never cared about wrestling until some mouthy punk rocker showed up......

#43 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly surprise I haven't seen a post dedicated to the wrestler winning in votes.

EDIT:

Disregard, the new votes have given us yet another wrestler leading in votes.

(+)

#44 Posted by _RapTOR_ (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall wise usually consists of how good the superstar is on the mic, as an in-ring performer, and their accolades. In which case, I'll give it to the Undertaker (overall).

#45 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 3 (no order) would be:

1. Hogan - He made pro wrestling a household entertainment and was the first real pro-wrestler who achieved superstardom. Yeah his predecessors were big inspirations and were also huge in the wrestling world but he went beyond that fanbase and captured the interest of the masses during his reign. If boxing had Ali, Pro Wrestling has Hogan. That's who he is and what he represents with the sport entertainment industry. Not to mention his nWo heel turn (though still second to the genius of the "Outsiders" concept) was considered among the very reasons WCW was leading the Monday Night Wars.

2. Stonecold Steve Austin - What can I say? He defined a generation. Scratch that. He pioneered an era. He can only be summed up into one word: Attitude. Without Austin there would not be (arguably) the best era of pro-wrestling. He may not be as good with the mic as the Rock or Jericho or all those but he didn't have to be. He is good enough with the mic but he excels in projecting pure badassery. Cheers to Bret Hart as well since he was a part of Austin's transformation from generic heel to the best anti-hero in pro-wrestling.

3. The Rock - Austin's biggest rival but he went beyond that. When he says "millions... AAAAANNNDD MILLLIIIOONNNS" of fans, it is not an exaggeration. The Rock is the "Hogan" of his time and then some. He is the most successful wrestler in terms of "entertainment". Probably the best mic performer there is. Most successful action star from pro-wrestling roots. And he kicks ass til today.

#46 Edited by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Thanks for the call out mate.

Am too tired to give my actual thoughts but do think that Bob Backlund, Roddy Piper should be in the discussion and that wrestlers like Curt Hennig, Ted DiBiase, Kane, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Billy Graham deserve to be here more than Goldberg, Batista or Del Rio. Also I am not really a fan of superlatives, would be hard to actually pin down the greatest and depends on how one defines the greatest WWE wrestler. Vince McMahon could potentially be in the running too when he was basically the biggest antagonist of the Attitude era contrast with Ricky the Steamboat Dragon who was a much better wrestler but lacked the huge story and presence, who in another context could be in the running.

On my criteria I would focus first on The Rock, Bruno Sammartino, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart. Then try and narrow down but likely give up and go watch NXT.

#47 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. This is a loaded question with MANY variables to consider. I guess it depends on what/how makes any of those listed above the "greatest"

Shawn Michaels is pound for pound the best in ring performer/athlete the WWF/WWE has ever had. In his prime he could out work anyone. He could be a high-flyer, he could go hardcore or wrestle technical.

Undertaker just my sheer length of his career has had the most epic matches with the company and despite his age can STILL put on a helluva match.

Hulk Hogan by far has reached the highest level of popularity from and SuperStar/wrestler ever. Anyone that was alive and experienced that in the 80's know exactly what I am talking about.

Bret Hart is probably the WWE/WWF great wrestlin techincian. His matches with Mr.Perfect, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, and Davey Boy Smith are stuff of legend. I don't think I've ever even seen him have a match wear he wasn't on his A-game.

Steve Austin once he became "Stone Cold" changed the game as far as what it meant to be a Anti-hero and just being yourself wether people liked you or not and STILL getting over huge.

I could go on and on, but those 5 are IMO where the greatest WWE/WWF Superstar lies.

#48 Edited by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take Stone Cold Steve Austin here... followed by The Undertaker and Macho Man Randy Savage

#49 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

if i was running wwe i would do the following

i would buy out guys like austin aries, chritopher daniels from tna. i would also bring in the briscoe's from ring of honor and i would also bring in aj styles. id have them form a stable together of a mafia/ godfather type . i would also push the hell out of darren young and introduce his real life conformation of him being gay . i would eliminate the divas division and re introduce a fantastic intercontinental and tag division i would also change the tag titles .

i would introduce a power struggle with the authorty ( hhh stephanie vince and board of directors) by having the the mafia type stable raise as much hell as possible ( kind of like a ira story about a cause except this will be about under used talent not getting a shot)

#50 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Roman Reigns?