Posted by TheUndertaker45 (45 posts) 7 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Who is the best Boxer of all time? Round 1 (44 votes)

Muhammad Ali http://newsevv.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ali-5.jpg 39%
Mike Tyson http://thepaper.gr/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mike-tyson-1414348193.jpg 7%
Vitali Klitschko http://kosovaboxing.org/site/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/vitali-klitschko-wbc.jpg 0%
Wladimir Klitschko http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/img/incoming/origs22564961/9382534740-w1280-h960/Boxen-Wladimir-Klitschko.jpg 0%
George Foreman http://dugger-s-ranch.2299399.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656740/Foreman_11x14b.jpg 0%
Joe Frazier http://weekenderonline.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumblr_ludk1ib8iy1qfq49jo1_1280.jpg 2%
Rocky Marciano http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nkBXTjj4VSU/T9livYAZqdI/AAAAAAAAAG4/KO3M3Y10Asw/s1600/2012-06-13_002.jpg 23%
Floyd Mayweather http://thegrid10.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Flloyd-Mayweather.jpg 2%
Sugar Ray Robinson http://www.blackfilm.com/read/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sugar-Ray-Robinson.jpg 27%
#1 Edited by TheUndertaker45 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't vote for this one.

#2 Posted by consolemaster001 (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

Muhammad ali

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky Marciano was pound for pound the greatest boxer to ever live

#4 Posted by MetalGOD (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky Marciano...

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Impossible to determine. There are way too many factors to argue including weight classes, time active, statistical data. blah, blah.

Joe Louis was pretty badass though.

#6 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12661 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky Marciano.

#7 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Louis not even on the list...And neither is Jack Dempsey or Jack Johnson..If I had to say on this list it would be Ali And Sugar Ray Robinson...

#8 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky Marciano.

#9 Posted by Ostyo (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Louis, end this thread. This is a fact, you can't debate it.

#10 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

Joe Louis, end this thread. This is a fact, you can't debate it.

Rocky Marciano never loss. And beat Joe.

#11 Posted by Ostyo (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy: He beat Louis who was far pass his prime, and Rocky didn't even want to take the fight in the first place.

#12 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23841 posts) - - Show Bio

Sugar Ray Robinson....

#13 Posted by Perethorn (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

King Ali.

#14 Posted by Rouflex (17016 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Pascal (LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

#15 Edited by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

For the casual, it will be Ali. For those who actually keep up with boxing, Sugar Ray Robinson will be the majority.

#16 Edited by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Louis not even on the list...And neither is Jack Dempsey or Jack Johnson..If I had to say on this list it would be Ali And Sugar Ray Robinson...

I agree with Louis definitely being on the list. I don't think I can agree with the Jacks though since they both drew the color line despite being great boxers (Johnson due to no money being made off of fighting other black fighters) i.e. Sam Langford (i.e. arguably the greatest boxer that never had a belt around his waist).

#17 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcderpyson: Which Jack??I know Johnson fought white fighters..But I'm not too sure if Dempsey fought black fighters..

#18 Edited by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109 said:

@mcderpyson: Which Jack??I know Johnson fought white fighters..But I'm not too sure if Dempsey fought black fighters..

Both Jacks. When Johnson became heavyweight champ, he drew the color line which was ironic because he literally followed the champ at the time across the world mocking him until he got the fight. Sam Langford then did the same thing Johnson did (followed him around the world). It was said that Johnson pulled Langford aside and told him there is no money in two black fighters fighting each other. As harsh as that was, he was basically right... So Johnson skipped a lot of great up and coming black heavyweights in his prime. He then loss the title to Willard (which he might have thrown the fight to escape his infamous legal problems) which was then won by Dempsey (who beat the mother f<>k out of Willard). Dempsey then drew the color line (Johnson and Langford wanted to fight him too). I'm not sure if Dempsey could really be blamed for it however. It really was the public who was completely opposed to having black champions (there were no black champions in any weight division after Johnson for 15 years and 22 years for heavyweight). As you probably know, it was the reign of Jack Johnson in which the phase "Great White Hope" was coined.

#19 Edited by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcderpyson: Thanx bro..I agree with everything you said.And I do agree that two black fighters won't draw that much.Especially back then and even now.The sh*t that J.Johnson went through back then was crazy.I'm surprised he didn't beat anyone to death.

And on another note,hold old are you!??Younger guys don't know too Much about boxing.You really knowledgeable. And do you have an idea why Dempsey didn't want to fight any black fighters!??

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people don't know Robinson... So sad... Him and Armstrong would be my tops 1 and 2.

#22 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcderpyson: Thanx bro..I agree with everything you said.And I do agree that two black fighters won't draw that much.Especially back then and even now.The sh*t that J.Johnson went through back then was crazy.I'm surprised he didn't beat anyone to death.

And on another note,hold old are you!??Younger guys don't know too Much about boxing.You really knowledgeable. And do you have an idea why Dempsey didn't want to fight any black fighters!??

No problem and I agree Johnson must have had Zen like patience. I'm 21 years old. I really don't think Dempsey was a racist at all. He actually had black sparring partners some of which were the best black heavyweights at the time (such as Bill Tate) and even showed respect to a number of black fighters, specifically Langford. He said about Langford, "The hell I feared no man. There was one man I wouldn’t fight because I knew he would flatten me. I was afraid of Sam Langford." And this is the same Dempsey who was considered a brawler's brawler who would fight Satan just for the hell of it. I think he was just in the wrong time period. He most likely did not want another Jack Johnson vs Jim Jeffries which was VERY understandable if that were the case (produced arguably the most notorious race riots in American history).

#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad some of you know Sam Langford. A truly underrated boxer. The best boxer to never hold the world title.

#24 Posted by reaverlation (15262 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali.He knocked out Superman lol

#25 Posted by McDerpyson (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people don't know Robinson... So sad... Him and Armstrong would be my tops 1 and 2.

Love that documentary and yeah those two had very sad declines. With how great Armstrong was (A top 10 period for sure), there was NO reason whatsoever he should have died alone and blind in a run down apartment in New York...

Ali.He knocked out Superman lol

#26 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky

#27 Posted by sabracadabra (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Marciano .Robinson is close second though.

#28 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted just to see the results.

Not surprising.

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224000 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Sugar Ray Robinson... Muhammad Ali is a close second though...

#30 Posted by Frozen (12735 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Sugar Ray Robinson... Muhammad Ali is a close second though...

I think Ali was better.

#31 Posted by Jonez120 (4033 posts) - - Show Bio

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee!

#32 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali.

#33 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali > Joe Louis

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky was the only heavyweight to have never lost or tied in his whole career

#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (14656 posts) - - Show Bio

For me there are only two great boxers: Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson.

#36 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali.

#37 Posted by jason_g (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali or Tyson Hans down

#38 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

The assinine arrogant a-hole Floyd Mayweather is up there I think. Probably not above Sugar Ray Leonard but I'm guessing somewhere along the top tens.

#40 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't vote. Who's winning the pole?

#41 Posted by ownagepants (4422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate that jack dempsey is not on this list but i voted for rocky.

#42 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Oh. Hmm. I was kinda hoping it'd be someone else, though. Ali was great, but I'm getting tired of hearing about him. Huh.

#44 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Oh. Hmm. I was kinda hoping it'd be someone else, though. Ali was great, but I'm getting tired of hearing about him. Huh.

Well he's the most famous IMO so I think people just say he's the best. I personally think he's top 5 but not the one greatest. That, for me, goes to Sugar Ray Robinson.

#45 Posted by clubberlang (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Sugar Ray Robinson. Watch his fights, the footwork and technical skills are breath taking.