who is gonna be the upcoming dr who villain

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who is gonna be the upcoming dr who villain (14 votes)

daleks 43%
daleks 57%
 • 
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

None of it is correct, it is I, Ultron who is the true villain of the Doctor Whoniverse!

Woops, just spoiled the series finale, my bad.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EPISODE TWO! !!! What did i say!!?? Daleks are back

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I want Benedict Cumberbatch as the Master

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect The Master is due for a comeback. And Micheal Fassbender is looking for work I hear...

But, it will probably be the f***kin Daleks, AGAIN. *sigh*, much as I love the guys, can we get some new villains in please?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emperorb777

Master.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Dr. Doom

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

I want Charles Dance as the next Master.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only seen the first episode with the victorian punk cyborgs. But I'm thinking maybe a rogue timelord, the master or someone new.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman said:
@doctorxander said:

That needs to happen. It must happen.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#11  Edited By Joygirl

Me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@doctorxander said:

Either one of these would be fantastic. Charles Dance seems most suitable for this Doctor, though they could juxtapose him with a youthful Master I suppose. I'd rather see Charles Dance now and then Benedict Cumberbatch opposite Ayode later on.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@jedixman said:
@doctorxander said:

Either one of these would be fantastic. Charles Dance seems most suitable for this Doctor, though they could juxtapose him with a youthful Master I suppose. I'd rather see Charles Dance now and then Benedict Cumberbatch opposite Ayode later on.

Yeah Id like to see Charles since he would be an older master and would maybe draw more of a parallel with the new doctor. Then if we get a younger doctor next, Cumberbatch would be a good master as well.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@rogueshadow said:

@jedixman said:
@doctorxander said:

Yeah Id like to see Charles since he would be an older master and would maybe draw more of a parallel with the new doctor. Then if we get a younger doctor next, Cumberbatch would be a good master as well.

Moffet's already confirmed that he's not going to bring back the master. So we probably won't see the master return until after Capaldi's run. Unless somehow Moffet leaves the show before Capaldi, which I doubt, since he probably wouldn't let another writer finish his character's arcs without him being in full control.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see the Family of Blood return. Sister of Mine has been hinted and it was a great story for the Tenth. I don't want the Great Intelligence to come back because I didn't particularly care for those episodes all that much. Ideally, the best villain to use would be any of the classic villains that haven't been used all that much in the reboot. Maybe the Valeyard (unlikely since Moffet seems to steer clear of other timelords), the Great Vampires, or the Celestial Toymaker.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dngn4774: Ah, I don't keep up to date with DW as much as I used to. I kind of hate Steven Moffat.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: He's more hit and miss for me. When he's good, he's really good, but what he talks about the series you can just tell that he isn't a real fan series. It's hard to like a showrunner when you know his heart really isn't in it.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see the Master return or even the Rani.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: a Scottish version?

I wouldn't actually mind having John Simm reprised his role as the Master, though he probably wouldn't want to :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Magneto.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@rogueshadow: He's more hit and miss for me. When he's good, he's really good, but what he talks about the series you can just tell that he isn't a real fan series. It's hard to like a showrunner when you know his heart really isn't in it.

It's weird, but his stories under RTD where phenomenal, Blink TGINFP etc. Blink is one of my favourite Dr Who episodes of all time. But he's a terrible showrunner, his storylines make little sense and he just can't bring the season long build ups to an epic conclusion the way RTD could, episodes like Last of the Time Lords, the Parting of the Ways, Doomsday etc I never feel that oomph, emotionally or otherwise.

I think he's a fan of himself to be honest, he comes across as incredibly arrogant to me. I hated the fact that the 11th Doctor had pretty much no connection to ten, he seems to put in the things that he likes and to hell with everything else, with no consideration for the fans. The only episode I really loved of 11's was Amy's Choice, though I know many others didn't.

Peter Capaldi is good, but I feel he'll never be great until Moffat leaves.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By judasnixon

This dude......

No Caption Provided
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I don't think Moffet really knows how to frame an entire season as well as RTD did. He can do two parters an three parters pretty well but when he's given 13 episodes or more he tends to fumble a lot. I'd actually be more stoked if Mark Gatiss took over. His stories aren't as good as Moffet's or RTD but I think he's far more consistent than the others are. I don't know if he could pull it off with scheduling though.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@rogueshadow: I don't think Moffet really knows how to frame an entire season as well as RTD did. He can do two parters an three parters pretty well but when he's given 13 episodes or more he tends to fumble a lot. I'd actually be more stoked if Mark Gatiss took over. His stories aren't as good as Moffet's or RTD but I think he's far more consistent than the others are. I don't know if he could pull it off with scheduling though.

I agree.

Moffat also uses way too many overt plot devices, his usage of time travel got more than a bit ridiculous.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gucci Mane

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I swore the Master was already confirmed or was just fan rumour over a guy that seemed similar to him.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MakkyD

@rogueshadow: @dngn4774: One thing I like about Moffat is his run seems to concetrate on the "B-list" classic villains more than RTD. RTD only really used the "big guns" like the Master,Daleks,Cybermen and Sontarans from classic Who, although he add the Macras as a sort of Easter egg/fan service.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: meh...Moffet's used the Cybermen and Dalek crutch just as much as RTD. To be fair, he was much more innovative though.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

I wouldn't actually mind having John Simm reprised his role as the Master, though he probably wouldn't want to :(

Pretty sure I read somewhere ages ago that he would be happy to come back

@dngn4774 said:

I agree. I can't imagine that many other people would have made the 11th Doctor turn out to be the 13th for barely any reason

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@rogueshadow said:

@jedixman said:
@doctorxander said:

Moffet's already confirmed that he's not going to bring back the master. So we probably won't see the master return until after Capaldi's run. Unless somehow Moffet leaves the show before Capaldi, which I doubt, since he probably wouldn't let another writer finish his character's arcs without him being in full control.

Hasn't he said in the past he won't introduce certain characters and he did?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Not sure, but when it comes to the master he either says no or completely dodges the question. He feels the same way about the Rani. He loves to make a bunch of excuses but he simply doesn't like those villains and won't write them, no matter how much the fans keep asking to have them back. Reminds me of this rant Hewhomoans gave on youtube:

Loading Video...

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Not sure, but when it comes to the master he either says no or completely dodges the question. He feels the same way about the Rani. He loves to make a bunch of excuses but he simply doesn't like those villains and won't write them, no matter how much the fans keep asking to have them back. Reminds me of this rant Hewhomoans gave on youtube:

Loading Video...

Ha ha that sums things up well regarding his attitude.

But has he said anything like that about the Master?

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the woman at the end of the episode is an older clara who decided to chase the doctor through time, for some reason.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The villains in the two part season finale this year where confirmed to be the cybermen.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Yes, he's said definitively that the Master will not be showing up at all during his run as showrunner. His reasoning was that: "Davies did such a great job with the Master" that he personally wouldn't know what else to do with that character, but it sounds like more flowery b*llsh*t to me. The message to take away is that he doesn't want to write the Master, he doesn't care how much fans want to bring him back, he's not going to do it.

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Governor.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Governor.

I know you were joking but the Show already had it's own version of the Governor a few years ago. I think there was also an episode where everyone wore eyepatches.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yes, he's said definitively that the Master will not be showing up at all during his run as showrunner. His reasoning was that: "Davies did such a great job with the Master" that he personally wouldn't know what else to do with that character, but it sounds like more flowery b*llsh*t to me. The message to take away is that he doesn't want to write the Master, he doesn't care how much fans want to bring him back, he's not going to do it.

That is a pathetic excuse. Yeah I guess so.

Id like to see Davros make a comeback, he was fantastic last time, but he might end up getting watered down or poorly written, since the Dalkes themselves seemed to go from being relatively believably threatening to just the least threatening they have ever being. A jammy dodger? FFS......

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

YOUR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, I'm predicting a lot of Daleks are going to die this season, along with some cybermen. Did you hear that the new circle-y things in Capaldi''s Tardis are actually modeled after the old molds of Dalek eye pieces? When I found that out I knew this Doctor was a badass!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, I'm predicting a lot of Daleks are going to die this season, along with some cybermen. Did you hear that the new circle-y things in Capaldi''s Tardis are actually modeled after the old molds of Dalek eye pieces? When I found that out I knew this Doctor was a badass!

Hopefully some people die too. :)

Ha I did not know that. Bad ass indeed.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

*Coughs...Clara...Coughs*

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Jenna Louise Coleman is too hot to die, unless it involves nudity.

Maybe naked robots that can't tell you aren't a robot if you're naked.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Jenna Louise Coleman is too hot to die, unless it involves nudity.

Maybe naked robots that can't tell you aren't a robot if you're naked.

Kid show = no nudity. :(

Young boys need nudity to help them through their teenage years. If you give them that now there's really nothing to look forward to when high school starts.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dngn4774
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Ha ha.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Detrolord
No Caption Provided

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know why, but i want Sutekh and the Osirians to come back and wreak havoc. I always liked the "Pyramids of Mars" story.