Who I think should join the next Young Avengers' line-up

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BaBaBoom

Following the untimely deaths of the kid Vision 2.0 and Stature and with Patriot moving to New Jersey. I decided to make a list of possible candidates to join the team and I want you guys to know that I don't know every little detail about the characters I'm going to list so forgive me if I got something wrong.

And so my list begins...

No Caption Provided

Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)

With the cancellation of her own series that only lasted for 8 or 11 issues, if the Spider-Island tie-in is included, and the cancellation of her own super-team, the Young Allies, she doesn't have anything better to do than to remain as a background character in the Avengers Academy. I don't want to see this character's potential as a bad-ass female superhero be put to waste like how Marvel treated the New X-Men kids. I think she'll be a lot of fun to read with the other Young Avengers especially now that she got spidey powers. Mix that with her martial arts skill and you'd have a fighter even Spider-Man would have a hard time beating.

No Caption Provided

Hellion (Julian Keller)

As a former member of the New X-Men and with Kyle/Yost's writing, Hellion proved to be more than just a bully. He showed that he loves all his friends to the point that he will fight till the very end, even if he gets stabbed, knocked out and lose both of his hands, he is still one of the first mutants to head to the front lines (and frankly one of the first to be taken out) whenever a friend is in danger. He shows true heroism even if those who he saves counts him as a monster or a bomb waiting to explode he still fights for them and then he gets sent to the infirmary because writers hate him for some reason. Even with the distance between the JGSFHL and New York and the fact that Hellion is more of a mutant-centric type of character I still think a different location and different people would make this under-rated (sometimes hated) character much more interesting than the background/casualty character he is today.

No Caption Provided

Young Loki (Loki Laufeyson)

I'll be honest, I've only read two issues of Journey into Mystery but those two issues made me love this character and earned a place in my list. Young Loki is different from most Asgardian heroes and with that I mean he doesn't just bash his problems with a hammer. He actually plans everything that he does and chooses the most logical way to approach a situation without causing as much casualties. As the god of mischief he plays with his opponents mind and then uses it to his advantage. Plus, he has to deal with his past self's evil deeds which leads to a lot of people not trusting him.

No Caption Provided

Finesse (Jeanne Foucault)

Out of all the Avengers Academy kids, Finesse is the only one that peaked my interest even when she's forced into a relationship with Reptil it still didn't deter me from following up with her story. Being a daughter of a former villain and the lack of understanding of emotions makes me wonder what type of interactions will she have with the other Young Avengers. Her melee martial arts specialties will add a human perspective in some of the missions they will have and who doesn't like kung-fu.

That's is all for now, I may add some others later but as of now these are the only ones I could think of. What do you guys think?

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By doomsilver

If it gets Hellion out of the background I'm all for it.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

Finesse sounds like an interesting candidate.Does anybody think Alpha could be part of the team?

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BaBaBoom

@CrimsonCake: What is Alpha's powers? The wiki doesn't have info for that. I haven't read anything about Alpha so I don't really have an opinion on this though seeing that he is supposedly Spider-man's sidekick it would be interesting to see him with other supposed side-kicks.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enyalios

Personally I think Thunderstrike (Kevin Masterson) should join. It brings him a little closer to the mainstream and gives the Young Avengers a needed boost in available powers. His father was an awesome character killed off too soon. With a little love, I think Kevin could be better. His A-Next counterpart also demonstrates his leadership potential so it would be nice to see him develop some of those traits as well.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By utotheg38

I don't know why (And even I think this is a bad idea), But I would love Jason with the sentinel to be on the team.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BaBaBoom

@utotheg38 said:

I don't know why (And even I think this is a bad idea), But I would love Jason with the sentinel to be on the team.

Do you mean Juston Seyfert? You should see the blog I posted about him. lol I personally dislike that character. Not saying it wouldn't be interesting though.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By utotheg38

Yeah, he's annoying but the potential of controlling a sentinel IS what keeps me coming back to the Idea

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BaBaBoom

@utotheg38: What would he contribute to the team? With a big genocidal robot at his side he can't actually go into buildings or secret hideouts. It's not like the Young Avengers fight big monsters, the Super Skrulls and Doctor Doom are the exception, the best he can do is rescue people from burning building. Which can be stopped by Wiccan by reciting "Stop the fire!" five times. Plus, I don't see Juston's Sentinel as any different as any other sentinels which makes it not special at all and could be blown up pretty easily by big-shot villains.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By utotheg38

@BaBaBoom said:

@utotheg38: What would he contribute to the team? With a big genocidal robot at his side he can't actually go into buildings or secret hideouts. It's not like the Young Avengers fight big monsters, the Super Skrulls and Doctor Doom are the exception, the best he can do is rescue people from burning building. Which can be stopped by Wiccan by reciting "Stop the fire!" five times. Plus, I don't see Juston's Sentinel as any different as any other sentinels which makes it not special at all and could be blown up pretty easily by big-shot villains.

No Caption Provided
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Forget the new Young Avengers. I want a new Avengers Academy lineup. I liked the concept of the school. They should have a large cast that focuses on different characters arc to arc.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Damn o_0

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman
@utotheg38: Yeah I like him also.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By utotheg38

@Dernman said:

@utotheg38: Yeah I like him also.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I really need to get my comic book knowledge up. I only know one of these characters, lol.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BaBaBoom

@Dernman: I like the current Avengers Academy line-up (excluding Juston Seyfert) and I do agree with what you're saying about focusing on different characters arc to arc. I too like the concept of school and is the main reason why I like the New X-Men: Academy X series and Wolverine and the X-Men but I also like young superhero teams that already goes out to save the day outside of school hence, the Young Avengers.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

young loki is actually an awesome idea considering how loki was the reason the original team came together in the first place

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By RedQueen

I'm going to have to say...Spider-girl. I mourned her series cancellation. And with Stature dead, I want another girl on the team! (Finesse would be good too I suppose.....) Or Hellion.

On a similar issue: when are we actually going to see the Young Avengers again? Heinberg and Cheung are doing other things and the end of the Children's Crusade kind of left it in doubt. Won't they just merge with the Avengers?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like Spider-Girl joining, but personally I think X-23 should join the Young Avengers...

No Caption Provided
BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BaBaBoom

@RedQueen said:

On a similar issue: when are we actually going to see the Young Avengers again? Heinberg and Cheung are doing other things and the end of the Children's Crusade kind of left it in doubt. Won't they just merge with the Avengers?

No clue. I guess if there's another event like Siege, Skrull Invasion, and Dark Reign. Or they will just make cameos in other Avengers issues since they are considered actual Avengers at the end of Children's Crusade. Still waiting for the Hawkeye series to come out for some Kate Bishop face-time.

@War Killer said:

I like Spider-Girl joining, but personally I think X-23 should join the Young Avengers...

I personally think she should either stay in Avengers Academy or go back to the X-Men.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@BaBaBoom said:

@War Killer said:

I personally think she should either stay in Avengers Academy or go back to the X-Men.

I don't think she should go back to the X-Men, she's still learning who she is, so I don't feel throwing on to a team where she's forced to choose a side, Wolverine's or Cyclops, is what she needs right now.

She also has no point being in Avengers Academy as she serves no real purpose there, taking up panel time that could go to other characters who need it more than her.

Like I pointed out already, Laura is still on a journey of self-discovery, she's still trying to figure out who she is. She left the X-Men because she felt like an outcast, that she couldn't find herself with every Mutant on the planet looking at her, judging her, and seeing the weapon she no longer wants to be. What she needs is to be around non-Mutant teenage heroes, not heroes in training, but actually teenage heroes who, while have a lot of experience, still have learning to do. This is why I think X-23 joining the Young Avengers would be perfect, she would get to see what being a real hero is all about while also being surrounding by fellow teenage heroes whom she can connect and become friends with. Plus, who wouldn't want to see an X-23/Kate Bishop team-up!!! xD
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By RedQueen

@War Killer said:

@BaBaBoom said:

@War Killer said:

I don't think she should go back to the X-Men, she's still learning who she is, so I don't feel throwing on to a team where she's forced to choose a side, Wolverine's or Cyclops, is what she needs right now. She also has no point being in Avengers Academy as she serves no real purpose there, taking up panel time that could go to other characters who need it more than her. Like I pointed out already, Laura is still on a journey of self-discovery, she's still trying to figure out who she is. She left the X-Men because she felt like an outcast, that she couldn't find herself with every Mutant on the planet looking at her, judging her, and seeing the weapon she no longer wants to be. What she needs is to be around non-Mutant teenage heroes, not heroes in training, but actually teenage heroes who, while have a lot of experience, still have learning to do. This is why I think X-23 joining the Young Avengers would be perfect, she would get to see what being a real hero is all about while also being surrounding by fellow teenage heroes whom she can connect and become friends with. Plus, who wouldn't want to see an X-23/Kate Bishop team-up!!! xD

A Kate Bishop/ X-23 team up needs to happen! :D That would be amazing. I've changed my mind, I want X-23 to become a Young Avenger. After what she's been through she needs fellow teenage heroes to connect with. She's been around too much death/ Wolverine to last a life time.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BaBaBoom

@War Killer: Good point, but, as I already pointed out in my other post, I already enjoy the current line-up of Avengers Academy and that includes X-23 in it. Though, I also feel like she doesn't belong there and kinda forced in the roster in order to draw in some X-23 fans into reading the book (which is a great book). I should point out that X-23 is not viewed by all as a weapon and not all of them judges her and some of them considers her a friend. I'm talking about Hellion, Mercury, Surge, Dust, Elixir, Pixie and even Hope and some of the other X-Men(Gambit,Jubilee, etc.). It is just the writers' fault that they made Laura seem to forget that making her (sometimes) an extremely annoying and emotional teenager. So my reasoning of wanting her to either stay with Avengers Academy or go back to the X-Men is, oh hell!, I change my mind.

After writing this I realized that she doesn't belong in Avengers Academy in any shape or form. So, I'm changing my opinion to, "I personally think should either go back to the X-Men(preferably Wolverine's) or join the Young Avengers.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kid Apollo

i like the idea of Finesse joining the YA, but i kinda want a retooled lineup all together. Hawkette, Speed, Hulkling, X-23, Thunderstrike, Powerman, and Finesse