Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@erik:

@erik said:

@raffels said:

I agree if a Christian tried to impose his beliefs in my work place they would get punished by me but also If I heard someone calling Christians ignorant and their children brainwashed I would council you too.

The problem is that in my case, you would be wrong.

Do it! If you have a real job. Why don't you go around and spread your hate towards to the openly religious and see what happens. You may get more time to spend on ComicVine lol.

Let me make this clear, I haven't made any of my personal beliefs on homosexuality known to you.

LMAO!

Oh snap nice comeback!

I have expressed the right of openly religious people to say what their personel beliefs are and I have expressed I support gay rights.

That's not true at all. You expressed anger that someone can be fired for gay-bashing.

Simply no. One of the first things I said in this thread is I support gay rights. What you call gay bashing I call someone announcing their beliefs in what their god wants referring to the specific situation I was talking of. I never said gay bashing. The failure of your argument to acknowledge why they say they are against a homosexual lifestyle is because of their personal belief in what their god wants. How they follow the Bible.

Yet you keep saying I'm spreading hate and you're attacking me.

Once again, I am attacking your argument. You are choosing to be hurt by having your argument attacked.

No one's hurt lol. I just baited you to show the hypocrisy in your argument.You've attacked my religion not my argument. The failure to have respect for someones religion but demand respect for a homosexual lifestyle is absurd. You don't care about religion bashing why should anyone respect your personal beliefs. Understand religion is a lifestyle in itself and as personal as at gets to a believer but you don't respect that from the words you've typed.

I will fight for the rights of citizens having the right to express their opinion.

They can express it. But a person would be stupid to think that someone can express their opinion without i consequence.

Except if your bashing on someones religion you see no consequence.

Lol your argument was to easy to crack

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@raffels said:

@erik:

@erik said:

@raffels said:

I agree if a Christian tried to impose his beliefs in my work place they would get punished by me but also If I heard someone calling Christians ignorant and their children brainwashed I would council you too.

Do it! If you have a real job. Why don't you go around and spread your hate towards to the openly religious and see what happens. You may get more time to spend on ComicVine lol.

Let me make this clear, I haven't made any of my personal beliefs on homosexuality known to you.

LMAO!

Oh snap nice comeback!

I have expressed the right of openly religious people to say what their personel beliefs are and I have expressed I support gay rights.

That's not true at all. You expressed anger that someone can be fired for gay-bashing.

Simply no. One of the first things I said in this thread is I support gay rights. What you call gay bashing I call someone announcing their beliefs in what their god wants referring to the specific situation I was talking of. I never said gay bashing. The failure of your argument to acknowledge why they say they are against a homosexual lifestyle is because of their personal belief in what their god wants. How they follow the Bible.

Yet you keep saying I'm spreading hate and you're attacking me.

Once again, I am attacking your argument. You are choosing to be hurt by having your argument attacked.

No one's hurt lol. I just baited you to show the hypocrisy in your argument.You've attacked my religion not my argument. The failure to have respect for someones religion but demand respect for a homosexual lifestyle is absurd. You don't care about religion bashing why should anyone respect your personal beliefs. Understand religion is a lifestyle in itself and as personal as at gets to a believer but you don't respect that from the words you've typed.

I will fight for the rights of citizens having the right to express their opinion.

They can express it. But a person would be stupid to think that someone can express their opinion without i consequence.

Except if your bashing on someones religion you see no consequence.

Lol your argument was to easy to crack

• I don't hate religious people nor have I expressed open hate against them here. That is a strawman you have created here because you lack the ability to justify your own hate for homosexuals, which you don't even have the courage to admit to.
  • I was laughing because you think you haven't made your feelings about homosexuals known, but in reality, you have been basically shouting it at the top of your lungs by the simple fact that you believe hate-speech should be fine in the workplace. I'm currently laughing because you honestly think you are doing well in this argument.
  • 'Simply no' makes no sense.
  • It's also a lie. You may have tried to create this protective shield by saying you support gay rights. However, your cover is blown when you say that hate speech against gays should be allowed in the workplace. It's a stupid position to take really.
  • The god of the bible doesn't want hate speech and those that think it does obviously aren't as well-schooled in it as this atheist is.
  • You are clearly hurt. So... another lie.
  • Baiting is trolling. That's cool though. If a moderator decides this thread needs some moderatin', you get a spanking. :)
  • Attacking religion is not showing hypocrisy. That's a stupid argument to make. Attacking a belief system is not the same thing as attacking a person, which is exactly what you do when you say gays should be rounded up and put on an island somewhere or that gays don't have the right to marry. Those are attacks on the person. I seriously think you have some kind of comprehension problem if you can't make that very simple connection.
  • You are free to attack my beliefs as well. I welcome the opportunity to put a bigot in their place.
  • I did attack an idea. The consequence is that I am having an argument with the likes of you. Believe me, I plan to shower after.
  • I don't think you know what it means to crack an argument. I'll give you a hint; sputtering sentence fragments and revealing your not-so-subtle desires to gay-bash isn't how you crack arguments.
Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

I have no hate in my heart you have shown more hate for people who are religious, based on you rooting against there religion to die and go away.

I'm not hurt at all but I am annoyed you can't argue your silly point without having to lie. I never said hate-speech is ok in the work-place, I actually said the opposite. I'm winning because I don't have to lie to make my point but apparently you do.

Attacking a person's belief system is as personal as it gets.

I bet you have read the Bible more than me! Derp! What did you like about it?

You admitted to trolling by saying it pleases you that I might be hurt by what you said. Derp!

I haven't gay bashed but you have bashed my beliefs. Derp!

Who gives a damn about fragments? You are really reaching now.

Oh yeah, I support gay rights and you suck at this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By Erik

@raffels said:

@erik:

I have no hate in my heart you have shown more hate for people who are religious, based on you rooting against there religion to die and go away.

I'm not hurt at all but I am annoyed you can't argue your silly point without having to lie. I never said hate-speech is ok in the work-place, I actually said the opposite. I'm winning because I don't have to lie to make my point but apparently you do.

Attacking a person's belief system is as personal as it gets.

I bet you have read the Bible more than me! Derp! What did you like about it?

You admitted to trolling by saying it pleases you that I might be hurt by what you said. Derp!

I haven't gay bashed but you have bashed my beliefs. Derp!

Who gives a damn about fragments? You are really reaching now.

Oh yeah, I support gay rights and you suck at this.

• Another lie. Every human hates. The difference between you and me is that you lie about your hate and even lie about the hate of others (specifically mine). Hating religion is not hating religious people. One of my favorite users on this site is a very religious person.
  • You say that you are not hurt, but that is another lie. Since no one here believes you, the only person you are lying to is yourself.
  • Another lie. It was you who very specifically voiced anger that someone would lose their job for gay-bashing. Need a reminder?
@raffels said:

My main gripe is forced acceptence or tolerance to gay acceptence in all institutions with the punishment being you lose your career and reputation for having a personal belief on what their God wants. It's a free speece issue.

• So let me get this straight. Apparently, you think it's okay to gay-bash, but you have a big problem with people voicing disagreement with your religion? Are you seriously listening to yourself?
  • I probably have read the Bible more than you. I am an educated man that was raised in a religious family. I imagine I have forgotten more about any one thing than you will ever learn.
  • Nothing. There is nothing to like about that waste of paper.
  • I think you are confused (what a surprise!). Trolling requires intent. It was not my intention for you to take an attack on religion personally, but it is an amusing coincidence. Let's keep things in perspective. It was you that admitted to trolling, remember?

@raffels said:

No one's hurt lol. I just baited you to show the hypocrisy in your argument.

• You expressed anger in your inability to gay-bash without consequence. Which believe it or not, is basically gay-bashing itself.
  • Well you should care about fragments. It seems like you really didn't understand what was being said (another shocker), so let me break it down like a fraction. Sputtering sentence fragments over frustration for not being able to spew hate-speech is not presenting a winning argument. The argument to promote hate-speech alone is ridiculous but presenting the argument in a way that it looks like it was typed up by a 3rd grader just costs you additional credibility.
  • My level of suck is largely subjective. Personally, I am not going to be bothered one bit that the person that has a low opinion of me also happens to be someone that wants to round gays up and put them in a hole somewhere and, by no small coincidence, can barely type out a complete thought.
Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: You agreed with me before that I was only addressing the subject of someone talking in public, Why are you acting like I was talking about in the workplace? Like I keep proving, you have to lie to argue. I win again! Derp!

@raffels said:

My main gripe is forced acceptance or tolerance to gay acceptance in all institutions with the punishment being you lose your career and reputation for having a personal belief on what their God wants. It's a free speech issue.

This quote says nothing about someone forcing their beliefs in the work place at all and you know this.

@raffels said:

I only talked about someone speaking in the public.

And I addressed that.

You have addressed that I was talking about speaking in public. Derp!

• So let me get this straight. Apparently, you think it's okay to gay-bash, but you have a big problem with people voicing disagreement with your religion? Are you seriously listening to yourself?

You may have a point if I had actually gay bashed but quote me gay bashing and I'm sure the mods would happily ban me. If you are as smart as you think you are then you know when you talk about someone's religion the way you have that someone will take that personal. I don't have a problem with someone in disagreement with my religion but I also made it clear if someone believes a gay lifestyle is wrong in accordance to what their religion wants then I don't think it is hate speech. It's not fair for that person to be called a bigot if they are just speaking what they believe their god wants. Any other actions directly towards a openly gay person I have a problem with.

• I probably have read the Bible more than you. I am an educated man that was raised in a religious family. I imagine I have forgotten more about any one thing than you will ever learn.

I read it ever day but all right I'm sure you have read it more. Derp! I would be impressed if you said you were a successful man. I know older educated men who still live with their parents or have to borrow money from them, I'm guessing that's you too. I'm an educated man myself with a BS but does education equal intelligence? What have you done with your life to think you can teach me anything, and I bet you have forgotten a lot considering you forget what I have said in this conversation plenty of times.

• Nothing. There is nothing to like about that waste of paper.
  • I think you are confused (what a surprise!). Trolling requires intent. It was not my intention for you to take an attack on religion personally, but it is an amusing coincidence. Let's keep things in perspective. It was you that admitted to trolling, remember?

I had a theory that you were a hypocrite and I was proven correct. Trolls are amused by someone's hurt.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gay rights are absent where I live so how can one support something nonexistent? Darn logic!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@raffels:

"I don't have a problem with someone in disagreement with my religion but I also made it clear if someone believes a gay lifestyle is wrong in accordance to what their religion wants then I don't think it is hate speech. It's not fair for that person to be called a bigot if they are just speaking what they believe their god wants. Any other actions directly towards a openly gay person I have a problem with".

The problem with this is that just because you personally disagree with homosexuality within your own life doesn't mean you should support laws and restrictions on homosexuality in other people's lives. I'm not a Christian but let's look at it from your perspective. You believe in the bible, and look specifically within the Old Testament (Mosaic law) that deems homosexuality as mortal sin. Now I don't care, what you do within your life, you living a heterosexual life style doesn't really effect anyone else (outside of your family). But, when you use the bible to limit the free will that it says is specifically given to people, that is where the line is crossed.

(Sorry for informal quotation, on ipad)

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

I didn't say what I personally believe I just said what I believe isn't hate speech. But if you are asking me if I support gay rights I actually do for example I support, gay marriage, being openly gay in the military, an openly gay person adopting a child etc....

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@raffels: well then, there really is no reason for such hostility from anyone towards you accept if they are intolerant of your own beliefs. So I am not sure what yall are arguing about if you support gay rights (within others people's lives).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By Erik

@raffels said:

You agreed with me before that I was only addressing the subject of someone talking in public, Why are you acting like I was talking about in the workplace? Like I keep proving, you have to lie to argue. I win again! Derp!

• I don't recall agreeing to anything you said. LOL I quoted your very own post concerning gay-bashing. I have no idea how you can possibly believe you have made some kind of crushing point. Also, your attempt at trolling pretty much sums up the intellectual maturity of all your posts. I guess I should just flag your flame-baiting posts now.

This quote says nothing about someone forcing their beliefs in the work place at all and you know this.

• No one was talking about forcing beliefs in the workplace. I see you are trying to build a fancy strawman again. What a colossal failure that is.

You have addressed that I was talking about speaking in public. Derp!

• Yes. I addressed it. Thank you for agreeing with me, though I am fairly certain you did not mean to do that.

You may have a point if I had actually gay bashed but quote me gay bashing and I'm sure the mods would happily ban me.

• I don't need to quote you gay-bashing. I quoted you lamenting the fact that you are unable to gay-bash without getting into trouble.

If you are as smart as you think you are then you know when you talk about someone's religion the way you have that someone will take that personal.

• Some people do take it personal. But so what? It is your choice to associate your personal value with the world's biggest lie. Once again, attacking an idea is not attacking a person. I have attacked your idea that people should be allowed to say gays should be rounded up and put on an island, far away from god-fearing Christians. The idea is stupid.

I don't have a problem with someone in disagreement with my religion but I also made it clear if someone believes a gay lifestyle is wrong in accordance to what their religion wants then I don't think it is hate speech. It's not fair for that person to be called a bigot if they are just speaking what they believe their god wants. Any other actions directly towards a openly gay person I have a problem with.

• If you hate gays because they are gay, you are a bigot.

I read it ever day but all right I'm sure you have read it more. Derp!

• Reading it every day doesn't mean you have read it more. Once again, because it's obviously not very clear to you, I was raised in a deeply religious family. I had to know that pile of trash from cover to cover to keep by hands from getting smacked with a ruler. I highly doubt there is anything you could ever tell me about that biblical garbage that I couldn't explain to you better.

I would be impressed if you said you were a successful man.

• I will be.

I know older educated men who still live with their parents or have to borrow money from them, I'm guessing that's you too.

• Nope. I'm in college on your tax money. Thanks for that, by the way.

I'm an educated man myself with a BS but does education equal intelligence?

• Apparently not in your case.

What have you done with your life to think you can teach me anything, and I bet you have forgotten a lot considering you forget what I have said in this conversation plenty of times.

• Wrong yet again. I have had to remind you of your own words several times. Every time you have tried to make a point, it was either a misunderstanding of what you have read, or an outright lie. Lies much like the accusation that I have forgotten words you have said. This is clearly an attempt to make yourself look better. Believe me, I wish I could forget bigoted words. The saddest thing is that you can't even summon up the stones to admit to your hate. You have to go about it in this veiled, roundabout way of saying that you don't hate gays, you just think those that do should be able to express that hate without consequence. Then you turn around and get your panties in a twist that someone said religious people brainwash their children. You have the paradoxical logic of a religious person, that is for sure.

I had a theory that you were a hypocrite and I was proven correct. Trolls are amused by someone's hurt.

• It's not hypocrisy to think that gay-haters are scumbags. It's not hypocrisy to say that religions brainwash children. Your so-called victory in proving that I am a hypocrite was just an illustration of you lack of understanding on the debate at hand. You think gay-hating and religious-hating are the same thing. You even think attacking a religion is to attack a person. Both concepts are spectacularly inaccurate.
@raffels said:

@cable_extreme:

I didn't say what I personally believe I just said what I believe isn't hate speech. But if you are asking me if I support gay rights I actually do for example I support, gay marriage, being openly gay in the military, an openly gay person adopting a child etc....

You are lying. You have claimed to support gay rights several times (are you sure I am the one forgetting things?) but your desire for people to be able to gay-bash without consequence says another thing entirely. It's a common defense for religious people. Say you love gays but make arguments that others should be able to express their hate without penalization.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

We are all humans, how about we just treat each other with the basic respect and kindness we all deserve?

Anyone who considers themselves Christian and thinks that harboring hate or animosity towards homosexuals is what Jesus Christ would want you may want to read your bible again. Jesus said John 15:12 "This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you." Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged". John 8:7 “He among you who is without sin, let him first cast a stone." Think about this next time you want to bash someone for being who they are.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#664 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@raffels: Okay:

1 - Please stop with the derping. It's coming off as obnoxious.

2 - Please don't accuse users of lying when they clearly are doing no such thing.

3 - This is not the first time we have spoken in this thread, but I am hoping it will be the last. Any more rudeness toward other users, or prejudice expressed on your part, and I'm handing out a temp ban. Yes it is hate speech. It definitely is. You've been warned.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It.ain't.natural.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It.ain't.natural.

Neither are those steroids you are pumping into your veins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@wolverine08 said:

It.ain't.natural.

Neither are those steroids you are pumping into your veins.

Don't call them steroids! THAT MAKES THEM SOUND BAD!

Call them.... "tissue builders".

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo:

1 - Please stop with the derping. It's coming off as obnoxious.

Ok

2 - Please don't accuse users of lying when they clearly are doing no such thing.

Check again please. Several times the user as accused me of saying something that I haven't said. I take it personally considering how serious it is on my reputation. I have the quotes to back me up. Also, he accused me of lying also so why are you not addressing him also? It's not fair to show favoritism.

3 - This is not the first time we have spoken in this thread, but I am hoping it will be the last. Any more rudeness toward other users, or prejudice expressed on your part, and I'm handing out a temp ban. Yes it is hate speech. It definitely is. You've been warned.

This is confusing, he has shown a lack of tolerance and hate towards a religion and those who are believers but I am the one getting warned for defending a religious person expressing what he believes in based on his religion? Anything that strays away from that persons religion and enters hate like wishing death, calling a gay person a gay hate word etc. I have a big problem with too!

@erik:

I just posted the previous conversation what did you mean then?

I only talked about someone speaking in the public.

And I addressed that.

I'm just going to have to say this one last time I'm ok with someone expressing their beliefs in public not in the work place. Ok then do you get it finally?

I hope you do get a real job and I'm not sure why you're gloating about living off tax dollars in college as a grown man?

Well I do but I work for my money considering my salary is paid by tax dollars.

Several times you have accused me or worded it in a way that I have said something hateful towards gays. The previous example of you accusing me of saying hate speech is ok in the work place is false when I have specifically said it wasn't. I've said previously to you that I would punish someone in the work place for trying to force their religious beliefs in the work place, did you forget again?

Judging someone by their religious beliefs compared to judging someone by their sexual preference is somewhat similar. You bash on someone's religion is bashing on their whole way of life almost everything they are and hold value. Do you get that?

I haven't said one thing to bash gay people but you have bashed my religion and to pretend that wouldn't be personal to some members here is yes being hypocritical. From your own words how can I think you are tolerant at all of someone who is religious but yet you act like you are the tolerant one in this convo.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@raffels: I warned you to stop with the insults, and you called me back to argue about the warning in the exact same post where you tell Erik to get a real job and are accusing him of gloating. What that has to do with homosexuality, I don't know.

I'm not sure you thought this through. Maybe something to consider over the next couple of days. As I already warned you, I am now temp banning this account. If you have a problem with this, I suggest you take it to PM.

I am not showing favouritism, and am very clear as to what the site rules are and when to apply them. But thank you for your concern.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 Lunacyde  Moderator

@raffels:

Nobody is saying you can't believe what you want to believe. What is being said is that it's innappeopriate and inexcusable to open your mouth and talk negatively about someone based upon their sexual orientation. Of course you have the free speech rights to do so, but that is not freedom from the consequences of your actions. For example a KKK member has the right to say "Jews are subhuman filth and deserve to be shot" but that doesn't mean he isn't going to lose his job for saying that. Sure, it's his beliefs, but that is not protection against a private business owner's right to fire him. Just because it is someone's beliefs does not mean they are completely free from repercussion.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels said:

This is confusing, he has shown a lack of tolerance and hate towards a religion and those who are believers but I am the one getting warned for defending a religious person expressing what he believes in based on his religion? Anything that strays away from that persons religion and enters hate like wishing death, calling a gay person a gay hate word etc. I have a big problem with too!

• Saying that I don't like religion isn't hate speech.
  • You are saying that someone should be able to express themselves however they wish, so long as it's within their personal interpretation of their religion. That's pretty absurd.

I'm just going to have to say this one last time I'm ok with someone expressing their beliefs in public not in the work place. Ok then do you get it finally?

• I never failed to understand your argument. It's just that this statement doesn't align with your previous opinions.

I hope you do get a real job and I'm not sure why you're gloating about living off tax dollars in college as a grown man?

• What are you talking about? I was thanking you for putting me on the path to outrageous amounts of money while investing financially, very little in my own education.

• You do what? Yes, state and federal jobs exist. I am aware.

Several times you have accused me or worded it in a way that I have said something hateful towards gays.

• That is not true. Every single time I have pointed out thinly veiled hate, I used your own words to support my argument. Every single time.

The previous example of you accusing me of saying hate speech is ok in the work place is false when I have specifically said it wasn't.

• Maybe you should read your own post then. Want me to quote it again?

I've said previously to you that I would punish someone in the work place for trying to force their religious beliefs in the work place, did you forget again?

• I never forgot. Once again, your posts are just contrary to one another. You want someone to be able to express hate-speech without consequence. In other words, you want hate-speech to be protected at the expense of the people that it is used against.

Judging someone by their religious beliefs compared to judging someone by their sexual preference is somewhat similar. You bash on someone's religion is bashing on their whole way of life almost everything they are and hold value. Do you get that?

• No it's not. Like, not even a little bit. Religious belief is an idea. Sexual attraction is not. You probably think Pray the Gay Away is an effective and psychologically sound tool too. Speaking of hypocrisy, saying that someone should be able to express hate-speech free of consequence, then saying that no one should attack your religion because it makes you feel bad is pretty laughable.

I haven't said one thing to bash gay people but you have bashed my religion and to pretend that wouldn't be personal to some members here is yes being hypocritical. From your own words how can I think you are tolerant at all of someone who is religious but yet you act like you are the tolerant one in this convo.

• Once again, saying someone should be able to spew hate-speech without penalization akin to saying it yourself. It's a less overt, more auxiliary way of attacking a person. This is where you are wrong yet again. Attacking an idea is not being hypocritical.
  • Lol I never once said I was tolerant. In fact, I believe I made the specific statement that I am intolerant of intolerance.
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@erik said:

@raffels said:

• Saying that I don't like religion isn't hate speech.
  • You are saying that someone should be able to express themselves however they wish, so long as it's within their personal interpretation of their religion. That's pretty absurd.

• I never failed to understand your argument. It's just that this statement doesn't align with your previous opinions.

• What are you talking about? I was thanking you for putting me on the path to outrageous amounts of money while investing financially, very little in my own education.

• You do what? Yes, state and federal jobs exist. I am aware.

Several times you have accused me or worded it in a way that I have said something hateful towards gays.

• That is not true. Every single time I have pointed out thinly veiled hate, I used your own words to support my argument. Every single time.

The previous example of you accusing me of saying hate speech is ok in the work place is false when I have specifically said it wasn't.

• Maybe you should read your own post then. Want me to quote it again?

I've said previously to you that I would punish someone in the work place for trying to force their religious beliefs in the work place, did you forget again?

• I never forgot. Once again, your posts are just contrary to one another. You want someone to be able to express hate-speech without consequence. In other words, you want hate-speech to be protected at the expense of the people that it is used against.

• No it's not. Like, not even a little bit. Religious belief is an idea. Sexual attraction is not. You probably think Pray the Gay Away is an effective and psychologically sound tool too. Speaking of hypocrisy, saying that someone should be able to express hate-speech free of consequence, then saying that no one should attack your religion because it makes you feel bad is pretty laughable.

• Once again, saying someone should be able to spew hate-speech without penalization akin to saying it yourself. It's a less overt, more auxiliary way of attacking a person. This is where you are wrong yet again. Attacking an idea is not being hypocritical.
  • Lol I never once said I was tolerant. In fact, I believe I made the specific statement that I am intolerant of intolerance.
Loading Video...

I won! :D

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#675  Edited By Claymore1998

Is there really anything no to support. It's their own life who are we to accept or reject.

P.S. I wish I had a gay friend.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo:

@bumpyboo said:

@raffels: I warned you to stop with the insults, and you called me back to argue about the warning in the exact same post where you tell Erik to get a real job and are accusing him of gloating. What that has to do with homosexuality, I don't know.

I'm not sure you thought this through. Maybe something to consider over the next couple of days. As I already warned you, I am now temp banning this account. If you have a problem with this, I suggest you take it to PM.

I am not showing favouritism, and am very clear as to what the site rules are and when to apply them. But thank you for your concern.

Hmm that was very fair.

I wasn't complaining, I was explaining the other user Eric was calling me out for lying too...seems fair to point out??

Lets see you say I've insulted him so you are also saying I wasn't insulted at all? Considering he didn't get a warning. Did you read any of our conversations? What is the worst thing I said compared to what he said to me? I can quote many things Eric said that could be easily considered worst then what you just banned me for.

Eric said:

• Nope. I'm in college on your tax money. Thanks for that, by the way

I was responding to this so that's why I said I hope he gets a real job. The way he says it with saying thanks for that is kind of condescending I felt.

You could have taken same time to read that before you decided to ban me.

I don't know if you wanted me to take this to Pm but considering this thread is talking about an important issue it feels appropriate that this is out in the open when someone gets banned by a mod who supports another user.

If I'm crazy I'm going to bring this up with the other mods because I feel you were unfair respectfully.

@saren, @jedixman, @god_spawn, @shatterstar, @buckshot, @oluf_von_host_museum, @_aztek_the_lost_, @sora_thekey, @wildvine,@edgework,@pikahyper

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@raffels: If you feel I was unjust then that is fair enough, but I would suggest you take the issue to PM rather than derail a thread with the argument.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By Raffels
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a first gay marriage here in Croatia few days ago.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels: S-s-seriously? You can not honestly tell me that's equivalent. I can't even...what?

Was Tim Tebow the first Christian who was a professional athlete? Are Christians persecuted for being born the way they were? Are Christians a minority in this country?

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Any one can be a minority somewhere in the world. In history they have been minorities such as in Rome… In parts of the world like Egypt they are minorities there too… you get it?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels: Ah. My bad. I assumed you were being serious and therefore decided to engage you in discussion. Didn't realize you were just taking the piss. My mistake.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I neither support, nor tear down gay marriage.

I mean, do you. Who am I to get involved in your business.

Jmarshmallow

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not to fond with gay marriage, but I do think they should be allowed to do everything straight couples are allowed to do.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Try and talk to me without being so offended lol…. I made a valid point that Christians are minorities in parts of the world too how is that not valid?

Also Gays are not a minority ….people with the same sexual preference don't ge to call themselves a minority lol.

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support human rights. Bi, straight, gay... Who cares?

All people deserve to be happy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels: Because we're talking about the present day in the U.S. of A.

LGBTQ folks are certainly a minority. The majority of people in this country are straight. I'm not sure what that last part means.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: the term sexual minority has only been a term since the 19th century…. It's ridiculous it is an embrace of sexual diversity and should not be classified as a minority….no special treatment

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels: Yeah, and this country has only been around since the 18th century. What is your point?

Way back in history there were no homosexual and heterosexual relationships. Sex was just sex. The Greeks and Romans laid with partners regardless of gender. The rise of homosexual persecution was in direct correlation to this country's Puritan roots. They viewed all sex as bad, and gay sex as the worst of the worst. Gays were burned at the stake along with witches, for god's sake.

LGBTQ people are a minority in this country. There are more straight people than LGBTQ people. That's just a fact. There is nothing to argue about there. And we aren't asking for "special" treatment. We're only asking for equal treatment, and for the persecution of who we are to cease.

Maybe try going out and meeting a gay person before arguing about them on the Internet?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

LEL.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

The picture of Greek and Roman society all as one sounds great I'm sure you would have loved it.

But then again family was important, meaning between a woman and a man in thoses societies.

They made it known their societies were superior to the societies they ruled over even if they tolerated their culture.

Women's rights were non existent!

Most puritans didn't burn any gays and if they did burn anyone they burned more heterosexual people then gay people. most did not support this.

This country hasn't been Puritan in a long time.

How have you been specifically persecuted? What rights have been taken away? Anything?

I've met plenty of scumbags who are gay and many great gay people I love to call friends.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raffels:

The picture of Greek and Roman society all as one sounds great I'm sure you would have loved it.

...ok?

But then again family was important, meaning between a woman and a man in thoses societies.

They made it known their societies were superior to the societies they ruled over even if they tolerated their culture.

I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly.

Women's rights were non existent!

Yupp.

Most puritans didn't burn any gays and if they did burn anyone they burned more heterosexual people then gay people. most did not support this.

Plenty of gays were burned along with the "witches." Yes, more "witches" than gays were most likely burned, and the "witches" were probably straight. So technically more straight people were burned than gay people.

Great point. I guess you have won this one. /s

Except that no one was being burned for simply being straight. They were burned not because of their sexuality or how they were born, but because they were suspected to be witches. Gays were burned literally just because they were gay.

This country hasn't been Puritan in a long time.

Yeah, that's exactly why the U.S treats sex identically to the way other countries handle it. Just ask @bruxae. The casual nudity you find on European daytime televison is found everywhere here in the U.S. /s

How have you been specifically persecuted? What rights have been taken away? Anything?

I'm honestly not going to dignify this obvious bait with tales of homophobic slurs tossed in my family's direction, or how my mother was treated differently in childhood because she had 2 moms, or how my grandmother's partner wasn't allowed into my aunt's hospital room when she was giving birth to my cousin, and she had to stay in the waiting room watching old Martha Stewart reruns.

I've met plenty of scumbags who are gay and many great gay people I love to call friends.

Great. I wonder what your "friends" would think of your comments here in this thread.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

I was saying you brought up an intolerant culture to make your point,,,which is kind of ironic.

Read this and I love history:

The capital laws of Plymouth Colony from 1636 onward outlawed homosexual intercourse, as did a Connecticut statute of 1650, calling it an "abomination." Yet historian Robert F. Oakes has found that Puritan leaders refused to apply these harsh penalties, "especially for homosexual activity." Over the course of the seventeenth century, Oakes finds that "the reluctance to punish illicit sexual activity of all types grew stronger," not weaker. This may have been because the colonists sought a more enlightened approach to sin, or because they were experiencing a labor shortage, or even a reluctance to enforce capital punishment on a fairly common "crime" (or one that people feared might be quite common). Incidences of homosexuality began almost as soon as settlement did: the first recorded case was in Massachusetts in 1629, and Plymouth's first trial for homosexuality was in 1636.13

This country is absolutely one of the most tolerant countries in the world and every country has intolerance towards another group. The civil rights laws in most developed countries are not as strict as this America. Go to Europe or Israel and most countries have a higher tolerance for someone who is openly racist of an actual minority.

Not a bait, so you've had homophobic slurs tossed your way....well I got my ass beat for being the wrong color in my middle school. SO we both had problems from bullies or ignorant people, it happens. Sounds more personal then a civil rights problem.

My friends know I would have their back if anyone tried to disrespect them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was saying you brought up an intolerant culture to make your point,,,which is kind of ironic.

Makes my point stronger. What does it tell you if an allegedly intolerant culture was more tolerant of homosexuality than the U.S. is now?

The capital laws of Plymouth Colony from 1636 onward outlawed homosexual intercourse, as did a Connecticut statute of 1650, calling it an "abomination." Yet historian Robert F. Oakes has found that Puritan leaders refused to apply these harsh penalties, "especially for homosexual activity." Over the course of the seventeenth century, Oakes finds that "the reluctance to punish illicit sexual activity of all types grew stronger," not weaker. This may have been because the colonists sought a more enlightened approach to sin, or because they were experiencing a labor shortage, or even a reluctance to enforce capital punishment on a fairly common "crime" (or one that people feared might be quite common). Incidences of homosexuality began almost as soon as settlement did: the first recorded case was in Massachusetts in 1629, and Plymouth's first trial for homosexuality was in 1636.13

Interesting stuff I suppose. But I'm, not sure how a speculative paragraph from one historian using non-referenced, anecdotal evidence is supposed to disprove anything I said.

Bwahahaha! Ok....I can't even....bwahahaha!

So. Hehe. There's this:

This country is absolutely one of the most tolerant countries in the world and every country has intolerance towards another group. The civil rights laws in most developed countries are not as strict as this America. Go to Europe or Israel and most countries have a higher tolerance for someone who is openly racist of an actual minority.

And then there's this:

Not a bait, so you've had homophobic slurs tossed your way....well I got my ass beat for being the wrong color in my middle school. SO we both had problems from bullies or ignorant people, it happens. Sounds more personal then a civil rights problem.

Do you see the problem there? xD

Also, it isn't a goddamn competition. That's sick. Plus, it isn't like I went over every terrible thing that happened to my family because they were gay. And as far as me personally goes, I was persecuted much more for having Tourette's than I ever was for having a gay family or being gay myself (especially seeing as how I only recently accepted myself as bi).

So do you have their back against yourself? Because you're being pretty disrespectful to gay people this very instant.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700  Edited By Raffels

@jaken7 said:

Makes my point stronger. What does it tell you if an allegedly intolerant culture was more tolerant of homosexuality than the U.S. is now?

It's a really weak point my friend. There wasn't gay marriage and men had sex with each other in the military for one they were horny and two to build a bond to fight for each other better. The rights homosexuals have in this country for announcing there need for certain rights is far greater then Roman society.

Interesting stuff I suppose. But I'm, not sure how a speculative paragraph from one historian using non-referenced, anecdotal evidence is supposed to disprove anything I said.

Ok Then????

Bwahahaha! Ok....I can't even....bwahahaha!

So. Hehe. There's this:

And then there's this:

Do you see the problem there? xD

No not really because every country has problems. And I was persecuted by African American kids (minorities) for being hispanic and white.

Also, it isn't a goddamn competition. That's sick. Plus, it isn't like I went over every terrible thing that happened to my family because they were gay. And as far as me personally goes, I was persecuted much more for having Tourette's than I ever was for having a gay family or being gay myself (especially seeing as how I only recently accepted myself as bi).

I'm sick for expressing sharing that to you? Also all I asked first was what rights were taken from you and you said I was baiting and you shared that instead so does that make you sick for bringing it up???

So do you have their back against yourself? Because you're being pretty disrespectful to gay people this very instant.

How??? Are you projecting your feeling on other gay people.... What have I said to disrespect you?