#1 Posted by RogueShadow (9775 posts) - - Show Bio

Or whatever it may be called, there are many viable candidates, but I really don't wish to see an older actor tackle the role, removes him as a contemporary of Superman [Should be within 5 years, either older or younger] as well as making future movies minimal. They could replace him with other members of the Bat family, but to me, Bruce Wayne is Batman, I find it very difficult to like others putting on the Cowl. I know lots of people may not agree, I can't help but really want Tyler Hoechlin to portray him, then follow it up with an Arkham Asylum film.

#2 Posted by Knightfall225 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: i really dont want a older batman either. I made a forum of all the reasons its a bad idea a week ago. I also wouldnt mind tyler as batman but i doubt they will pick him. But who knows he may have already got the role.

#3 Edited by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously hope Ryan Gosling does not get it or else I will cry. Don't know who Tyler is but I'd like them to just give it to Bale. Probably won't happen, so I don't know. They should've stuck to a superman solo sequel and not rushed this.

#5 Edited by RogueShadow (9775 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by RogueShadow (9775 posts) - - Show Bio

@silkyballfro94: Why Not Ryan Gosling? There are people I'd prefer, but I'm not adamantly against him.

#7 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I can't imagine Gosling as him because of his voice and well he just doesn't have a Bruce Wayne face or even look the type. But hey thats my opinion.

#8 Edited by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Brolin

#9 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously stop making these threads theres 5 each day its getting annoying!! just take 5 seconds before you make a post to see if its been done!! i bet if you just type in man of steel 2 or even batman u get 20 of these!!!!

#10 Posted by wildvine (8043 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't. I'm sick of Batman in movies. Give somebody else a chance already.

#11 Edited by BigL (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like anybody on WB's list but I've always thought Patrick Wilson would be a good Batman

#12 Posted by russellmania77 (14403 posts) - - Show Bio

damn, so many of the same thread

#13 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope the name of the movie isn't going to be Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. That is the most stupid name ever. In my opinion.

#14 Edited by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a 40-something year old guy like some of the rumors are saying, I'd say go with Josh Halloway. He'd be my first choice for a few reasons.

1) He's relatively unknown, so it will make it easier to accept him as the face of Batman.

2) The guy can act. He made a serious name for himself in LOST and has scored some Hollywood supporting appearances, including Mission Impossible 4.

3) He's one of the few actors that I can see being both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Josh Brolin's name has been thrown around a lot. As Batman I can see it, but as Bruce, he would come off looking like a grandpa. We've also heard Jake Gyllenhaal who would make a great Bruce, but c'mon, would that really be a Batman to inspire fear?

4) He's got the scowl down pat.

5) Because Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale aren't available (apparently).

#15 Posted by Vaeternus (9365 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Gerald Butler honestly, he's perfect for a middle aged Batman and proved he's a badass in 300 and Olympus Has Fallen, I can sooo see him as Batman.

Or Josh Brolin, please NO goslin...

#16 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

i want bale. i know its not happening, but that would be ideal

#17 Posted by MonsterStomp (15233 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Brolin or Bale again. I'd be fine with Scott Adkins.

#18 Edited by TekTheNinja (765 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

GODZILLA!!!

The biggestest name in the industry!!!

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (9365 posts) - - Show Bio

lol ^ That's funny.

#21 Edited by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: I can get behind Josh Holloway for Batman. He's got a pretty good range when it comes to attitudes. I can see him being serious enough to play Batman and smug enough to be Wayne. His age could be somewhat hidden behind make-up. I think he'd need to bulk up a bit for the role and not every actor is up for that.

#22 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they don't do that dumb "scary" bat-voice, I'm feeling pretty good about whoever...
Though I would love to see Godzilla in that role.

#23 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care who it is. I'm more concerned with how old the stunt double is so we can get fight scenes that are suitable for Batman.