Or whatever it may be called, there are many viable candidates, but I really don't wish to see an older actor tackle the role, removes him as a contemporary of Superman [Should be within 5 years, either older or younger] as well as making future movies minimal. They could replace him with other members of the Bat family, but to me, Bruce Wayne is Batman, I find it very difficult to like others putting on the Cowl. I know lots of people may not agree, I can't help but really want Tyler Hoechlin to portray him, then follow it up with an Arkham Asylum film.
Please, discuss this in any of these threads, or if you don't like them, do a quick search! I guarantee you'll find DOZENS of topics about this exact thing. One of them is bound to strike your fancy.
If it's a 40-something year old guy like some of the rumors are saying, I'd say go with Josh Halloway. He'd be my first choice for a few reasons.
1) He's relatively unknown, so it will make it easier to accept him as the face of Batman.
2) The guy can act. He made a serious name for himself in LOST and has scored some Hollywood supporting appearances, including Mission Impossible 4.
3) He's one of the few actors that I can see being both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Josh Brolin's name has been thrown around a lot. As Batman I can see it, but as Bruce, he would come off looking like a grandpa. We've also heard Jake Gyllenhaal who would make a great Bruce, but c'mon, would that really be a Batman to inspire fear?
4) He's got the scowl down pat.
5) Because Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale aren't available (apparently).
I don't. I'm sick of Batman in movies. Give somebody else a chance already.
i want bale. i know its not happening, but that would be ideal
NO! NO MORE BALE!!!! D:
WHERE IS HE?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@reignmaker: I can get behind Josh Holloway for Batman. He's got a pretty good range when it comes to attitudes. I can see him being serious enough to play Batman and smug enough to be Wayne. His age could be somewhat hidden behind make-up. I think he'd need to bulk up a bit for the role and not every actor is up for that.