• 55 results
#1 Posted by ColonelTBadass (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I sided with Iron Man. To be honest I think Tony took the harder route than Cap. Cap just said "wat eva, I do wat I want". I probably only think this because Tony is my favorite character. Who do you side with and why?

#2 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5880 posts) - - Show Bio

I side with Captain America. FREEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!

#3 Posted by Eisenfauste (7342 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I didn't agree, nor like the civil war between hero's, they became the thing that they had been fighting for years. I just can't see hero's fighting in residential area's where civilians would get in the way.

#4 Posted by HumanRocket (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@coloneltbadass: I sided with Cap BUT I do understand what you mean. When I read Civil War Confessions I really got to see how and why Tony made those decisions. It was the hardest thing he has ever had to make and took the burden really all onto himself to make it as plea-sable to everyone but couldn't.

#5 Edited by Black_Arrow (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

I sided with Ben Grimm

#6 Posted by Xwraith (15557 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#7 Posted by laflux (14299 posts) - - Show Bio

I did a Spider-Man

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

"Those willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." So says Benjamin Franklin. I like that saying, and it puts me firmly on the side of Cap.

Though I also stood strong with the "You're all f***ed when Hulk gets back." side.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cosmic heroes, they were busy saving the universe while the earth heroes were slapping each other around.

#10 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6866 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cosmic heroes, they were busy saving the universe while the earth heroes were slapping each other around.

That was Annihilation right?

#11 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

That was Annihilation right?

yep

#12 Edited by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally, Captain America. Now, I'm not completely sure.

#13 Edited by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti

#14 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

I was on Cap's, but now the Civil War doesn't mean anything really, now it's all about the X-men and mutants splitting up and stuff.

#15 Posted by ARMIV2 (8301 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's side. Though both sides had things wrong with them, his didn't go nearly as bad as throwing old friends into a dimensional prison...or killing old friends with creepy robot replicas of other old friends.

#16 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

I was on Cap's side through the whole thing. I hated Tony throughout Civil War.

#17 Posted by darkbeam (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap Tony was being a jerk.

#18 Edited by longbowhunter (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

I also sided with Tony. Civil War was when I really became an Iron Man fan.

#19 Posted by HellionVulcan (3633 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America all the way as Tony & his side abused the law in their flavor, Cap may have done some low things but Tony was far worse IMO.

#20 Edited by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

cap all the way, but looking back i should have sided with ben grimm or the whole annihilation event .

#21 Edited by pooty (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's side was COMPLETELY right in spirit and on paper. You want your policemen trained and certified. You want you doctors trained and certified. You want your firemen trained and certified.You want your pilot trained and certified. You probably want your electrician or auto mechanic trained and certified. Tony's side was right but the implementation was wrong

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#23 Posted by judasnixon (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

With NEXTwave.....

#24 Posted by Experio (14310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#25 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's side.

#26 Posted by MonsterStomp (16132 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony's for sure.

#27 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

When I read it Captain BUT now thinking clearly, Cap.

#28 Posted by ColonelTBadass (20 posts) - - Show Bio

The best point Cap made was that it's not a good idea to let the Gov tell them who the bad guys are.

But Iron Man tried to talk things out. He tried to be reasonable but then Cap used Nick Furry's weird gadet thing on him when Tony tried to shake hands. Dick move Cap, dick move.

#29 Posted by Eisenfauste (7342 posts) - - Show Bio

@coloneltbadass: Agree on the handshake thing lol, but in this event if.....I were to choose a side I would have to say Cap, Tony had a point with responsibility and wanting people who are possibly putting others in danger by taking down villains to be registered just like any other cop or firefighter. But Tony took it way too far not to mention anyone who registers now becomes a target

#30 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony was right, heroes need to be trained, not lawless "cowboys"

#31 Edited by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio

I was with Nova, he was saving the universe from certain death then when he came home after that dick Tony had him arrested for no other reason than not knowing about a new law that popped up while he was off fighting for everyone's lives.

#32 Posted by CheeseSticks (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

I side with the X-Men. They didn't care about a childish war between Avengers.

#33 Edited by The_Deathstroker (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

32 comments and nobody has said this?!? Proposterous!!

I'll take the responsibility upon myself then....

I sided with....

BATMAN!

#34 Edited by SuperStar_sketcher (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

"Those willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." So says Benjamin Franklin. I like that saying, and it puts me firmly on the side of Cap.

Though I also stood strong with the "You're all f***ed when Hulk gets back." side.

nice...didnt the civil war lead to cap's death?

#35 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15283 posts) - - Show Bio

32 comments and nobody has said this?!? Proposterous!!

I'll take the responsibility upon myself then....

I sided with....

BATMAN!

#36 Posted by Black_Claw (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#37 Posted by Tyger (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have taken a middle road.

No, people should not be forced to register because they have powers. The occasional 'Good Samaritan' bit, no problem.

When they put on a costume and make a habit of getting into fights that tear up city blocks... yeah, time to get some training and control in place.

Also, when family gets threatened by supervilians... that's when you send out the 'reformed' villains to remind them of their error.

Ironically, until Loki turned it south... Osborn had most of the villains behaving.

#38 Posted by Jphu8414 (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

I was with Cap, I like Iron Man but I completely lost him when he started employing villains to work with him (I personally think he was written badly in Civil War and made out to be a total villain)

Although Cap was at fault for some of this too (why didn't he just shake hands with Tony and be done with it? Attacking him was a totally unnecessary jerk move, and Goliath would not have died as a result...smh)

#39 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless they're IN a childish war with the Avengers :P

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony was right, heroes need to be trained, not lawless "cowboys"

But he did go about his good goal in a flawed way, negating any good overall.

#41 Posted by Regular_Joe (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. Although the whole thing was pretty childish. I didn't like seeing Cap fighting this war over paperwork...people dying over it...just stupid. Cap was right though, in my opinion. I will say I didn't like how they used the death of a bunch of kids to ignite the entire thing, though.

#42 Edited by theodixon9 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was a superhero during Civil War then I don't think I would fight with either side although I might provide Cap's team with a little bit of support to even things up a bit. I wouldn't want to fight the anti-registration side because I don't think heroes should be forced to give away their secret identities but I agree that they can be a bit destructive and training might help them.

#43 Edited by CheeseSticks (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@cheesesticks said:

Unless they're IN a childish war with the Avengers :P

Exactly, CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT

:P

#44 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Registration especially when Tony revealed the whole Negative Zone prison in Spider-Man. That really solidified it.

#45 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the two sides I leaned towards Pro-Reg more than Anti-Reg.

#46 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Tony's side was COMPLETELY right in spirit and on paper. You want your policemen trained and certified. You want you doctors trained and certified. You want your firemen trained and certified.You want your pilot trained and certified. You probably want your electrician or auto mechanic trained and certified. Tony's side was right but the implementation was wrong

Abso-f$%king-lutely

If super-powerful beings wanted to execute the law, they need to be sworn in, not taking stuff into their own hands. Otherwise, who's to stop them from taking the entire government into their own hands?

#47 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#48 Posted by Jokerpoker (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda half-agreed with both, but more Cap.

#49 Posted by The_Deathstroker (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

The Union. Oh wait wrong civil war. Double oh wait I already posted in this thread.

*In Halo Narrator voice*

"Double kill."

#50 Edited by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

I took Captain America's side.

I'd do the same today.