• 72 results
#1 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this belongs in General Discussion, but it can be moved later if so.

What characters do you know that can destroy a star or a solar system? I'm not talking about characters who can easily destroy the universe, but at max power destroy a solar system, or at least it's star? They can be from comics, anime. video games, books, plays, radio dramas or even real life.

For instance, Hellstar Remina can easily devour stars and has done so.

#2 Posted by lifeofvibe (3485 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: ion superman pre-crisis retcond beyonder

#3 Posted by xlab3000 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, Darkseid & Thor

#4 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, no galaxy or universe busters; just busters of one solar system or star.

#5 Edited by Bruxae (13866 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.. Oh wait! No universe busters?

#6 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer?

#7 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Safer Sephiroth

#8 Edited by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio
Nono (destroyed a blackhole, likely has enough power to destroy the Sun in her colossal form)

#9 Edited by MarlboroMan (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Hungry Galactus,Tyrant i can't think anyone else at the moment

#10 Edited by theONEtaichou (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Cell

good day

#11 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Mantis (DC)

#12 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer perhaps?

#14 Posted by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos,

Silver Surfer i'd reckon

Thor most likelt

Apparently Gladiator

Drax the destroyer

possibly the Sentry.

pre crisis Superman did it with a sneeze, although his sneezing power was amped by mxy.

#15 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17364 posts) - - Show Bio

Cell :D

#16 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24853 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku, according to some people with their power-scaling pseudoscience.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18050 posts) - - Show Bio

Unicron

"Unicron is the eternal arch-enemy of his twin brother Primus. Also known as the Lord of Chaos, the Chaos Bringer, and the Planet Eater, he is dedicated to consuming the multiverse. His massive form is powered by the consumption of planets, moons, stars, and even the very fabric of existence. Unicron will not be sated until his ultimate goal is attained: to bring an end to the annoying creation boasting independence around him, and find peace by becoming the living center of a swirling, infinite torrent of nothingness at the end of all things.

To undertake this seemingly overwhelming task, Unicron is able to travel across realities at will, a meandering plague upon existence itself. Integrated into his systems are incomprehensible quantum computers which calculate probabilities forward and backwards in time, in perpetuity, giving his processors an ever changing, evolving map of the multiverse. With these abilities at his disposal, Unicron has thus far devoured approximately 22.56% of known universes."

#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman

Monarch

Surtur

Odin

#20 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by theONEtaichou (1528 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

pre crisis Superman did it with a sneeze, although his sneezing power was amped by mxy.

No it wasn't.

#23 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: Vegeta stated Goku was stronger than Gohan, who counteracted Cell's kamehameha. And Vegeta can sense energy, so...

#24 Posted by TexasDingo (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dark Phoenix.

#25 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@immortalone: Vegeta stated Goku was stronger than Gohan, who counteracted Cell's kamehameha. And Vegeta can sense energy, so...

Everyone stated that Sentry had the power of a million suns. And Hulk was able to beat Sentry, and Wolverine was able to keep up with Hulk. So I guess Wolverine has the power of a million suns now?

#26 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: That's not the same. Vegeta can sense ki, that means, he'd know if A was stronger than B. It's that simple.

#27 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Buu.

#28 Posted by Racob7 (5669 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

Everyone stated that Sentry had the power of a million suns. And Hulk was able to beat Sentry, and Wolverine was able to keep up with Hulk. So I guess Wolverine has the power of a million suns now?

DBZ logic is not the same as comic logic.

#29 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Well the difference is DBZ characters can sense energy lol. That's how they know who's stronger.

#30 Edited by Racob7 (5669 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: That's not the difference. The difference is that DBZ uses very simple ABC logic and comics does not. You'd think the simplicity of DBZ logic would make arguments simpler but it doesn't because people can't accept the fact that it doesn't apply to comics.

#31 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: I guess, but still, that argument about the ki sense would be valid to appeal to comic book logic.

#32 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@immortalone: That's not the same. Vegeta can sense ki, that means, he'd know if A was stronger than B. It's that simple.

It is pretty much the same. The only "ki sensing" coming into play is when Vegeta said Goku was stronger than Gohan. The rest was just ABC logic.

#34 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: It still confirms Goku is a solar system buster.

#35 Edited by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@immortalone: It still confirms Goku is a solar system buster.

No, ABC logic doesn't confirm anything. That's like saying since a gun is more lethal than an orange, you can eat a gun. That's an exaggeration, but it's still the same principle.

#36 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: I don't think you understand. Vegeta CONFIRMED (He can sense energy) that Goku was stronger than Gohan when he overpowered Cell's solar kamehameha. No ABC logic at all, that's just how it's presented. Don't confuse ABC logic with what's basically confirmed in the manga. ABC logic is saying that Goku can rip apart a dimension by screaming because Buu did it. Or he can survive in space because Frieza could. It's not the same. If Goku has more power than Gohan, he can destroy a solar system.

Goku is a solar system buster.

#37 Posted by Oscuro (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Unicron

"Unicron is the eternal arch-enemy of his twin brother Primus. Also known as the Lord of Chaos, the Chaos Bringer, and the Planet Eater, he is dedicated to consuming the multiverse. His massive form is powered by the consumption of planets, moons, stars, and even the very fabric of existence. Unicron will not be sated until his ultimate goal is attained: to bring an end to the annoying creation boasting independence around him, and find peace by becoming the living center of a swirling, infinite torrent of nothingness at the end of all things.

To undertake this seemingly overwhelming task, Unicron is able to travel across realities at will, a meandering plague upon existence itself. Integrated into his systems are incomprehensible quantum computers which calculate probabilities forward and backwards in time, in perpetuity, giving his processors an ever changing, evolving map of the multiverse. With these abilities at his disposal, Unicron has thus far devoured approximately 22.56% of known universes."

Holy sh-t

#38 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

> Hulk beat Iron Man

> Iron Man can fly

> Hulk must also be able to fly

#39 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@immortalone: I don't think you understand. Vegeta CONFIRMED (He can sense energy) that Goku was stronger than Gohan when he overpowered Cell's solar kamehameha. No ABC logic at all, that's just how it's presented. Don't confuse ABC logic with what's basically confirmed in the manga. ABC logic is saying that Goku can rip apart a dimension by screaming because Buu did it. Or he can survive in space because Frieza could. It's not the same. If Goku has more power than Gohan, he can destroy a solar system.

Your argument is also using statements over actual feats. What do we have to tell that Gohan can planet bust? Not much. Just a claim by Cell. But then again, Sentry claimed to have the power of a million exploding suns, didn't he?

#40 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Wow, way to do something not associated with what I was talking about.

First of all, Gohan at Super Saiyan 2 overpowered Super Perfect Cell in the end, meaning that Gohan’s highest power was indeed greater than Cell’s and Gohan's. Are you really going to argue that Goku can't do the same thing, even though he's basically confirmed to be stronger than Gohan? That's when power scaling works. If it's actually stated in the manga. Of course, he wouldn't do it, seeing as that is OOC. But still, to say that Goku can't do the same thing, even though he's CONFIRMED to be stronger than Gohan is ludicrous. Vegeta can sense energy. You think he'd be lying when he stated that Goku was stronger than Gohan?

#41 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: *facepalm*

They can SENSE energy. This has been shown multiple times in the manga that the Z Fighters can feel energy and tell who's stronger. That's when it WORKS. Sentry has NOTHING to back himself up. He can't sense energy nor has this been confirmed by anybody who COULD sense Sentry's power. Your whole argument is that I'm power scaling, which I'm not, or that I'm going by statements rather than actual feats. First of all, that's just how Toriyama wrote the manga. Secondly, these statements make SENSE because they have shown to be able to judge a Z Fighter's destructive power multiple times in the series. Are you really going to argue that what Toriyama wrote was wrong and that he DOESN'T know his own characters?

#42 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan: But your entire argument is based on the assumption that it's a matter of power.

We've never seen Goku destroy a solar system, we've only been told that Cell had the ability to. We can't just assume Goku can do it simply because his power exceeds Cell's, it could very possibly be something anatomically unique to Cell, such as a distinct Ki technique.

Take Majin Buu's Human Extinction Attack, now Majin Buu's power was equaled and exceeded by Gotenks and Gohan, but you wouldn't just automatically assume that Gotenks and Gohan could also do that attack, would you?

#43 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

@limpoyzloan said:

@immortalone: *facepalm*

They can SENSE energy. This has been shown multiple times in the manga that the Z Fighters can feel energy and tell who's stronger. That's when it WORKS. Sentry has NOTHING to back himself up. He can't sense energy nor has this been confirmed by anybody who COULD sense Sentry's power. Your whole argument is that I'm power scaling, which I'm not, or that I'm going by statements rather than actual feats. First of all, that's just how Toriyama wrote the manga. Secondly, these statements make SENSE because they have shown to be able to judge a Z Fighter's destructive power multiple times in the series. Are you really going to argue that what Toriyama wrote was wrong and that he DOESN'T know his own characters?

*facepalm*

There wasn't anyone that confirmed Cell could even destroy a planet. Energy sensing was never even brought up at that point, it was just him yelling "I'm going to destroy the solar system" or something like that. Did Vegeta go, "Hang on, I'm sensing his power, and it's going to destroy a solar system!"? No, it didn't. And now that I think about it, I don't ever recall people being able to sense destructive power, just ki levels.

Also, it's been shown multiple times in the exact same series that no matter what the power level is, their moveset can be completely different. Take Babidi- his power level is surely lower than Goku's, but can Goku use mind control or something just because he has a higher power level? Power levels are not a good way to calculate feats, and most people on this site agree.

#44 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: DBZ characters have a thing called "Ki" which accounts for everything, from strength, to durability, to speed, to destructive power. Much like the speed force, it's the source of the Z Fighter's power. Toriyama obviously made Vegeta say this to put emphasis on the fact that Goku was more powerful than Gohan when he fought Cell. Why else would he have written it? DBZ logic is not the same as comic book logic. Would you argue that a body builder couldn't lift 170 pounds if a man who is weaker than him could do it? And no, that Majin Buu assumption doesn't work:

"ASK AKIRA TORIYAMA!

From 1998 to 2002, the DRAGON BALL and DRAGON BALL Z monthly comics received thousands of letters from fans in the U.S., Canada, and around the world. We've taken the most interesting questions from the letters and asked Akira Toriyama himself!

Q: What is Majin Buu's power level?

A: The frightening thing about Majin Buu is his unknown, unfathomable power. Whether it's actually not that much, or whether it's really stupendous, Majin Buu himself probably doesn't know the answer."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17921

Daizenshuu 2, p. 217:

Even Toriyama himself doesn't know how powerful Majin Buu is. Furthermore, he is obviously the creator, and his word is law in the Dragonball universe. That's when it doesn't work. You could argue that Gotenks and Gohan are more powerful than Buu, but that's obviously not supported given the above interview.

Also, Cell HAS Goku's kamehameha attack. His is just more powerful than Goku's around the Cell saga.

#45 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: What about the time when the Z Fighters sensed that Goku would destroy a planet with that Kamehameha? Or the time when Trunks repeatedly stated that Vegeta was going to destroy the planet? Those aren't accounting for destructive levels?

Also, you're basically arguing that Cell can't destroy a solar system because it was a "statement." You have to look at the context of this scene:

There are those that claim this is hyperbole, an exaggeration. Let’s not start claiming randomly that what these people say is hyperbole, unless the people stating whatever having no way of calculating their estimation by any regard – such as Chi-Chi saying Goku’s strongest Kamehameha could not be blocked by anyone or anything and that Goku can move at a million light years per second; ChiChi has no way of measuring that.

Now let me address an important but very long point! People call Cell's solar buster claim hyperbole because he is never shown actually doing it! No one in the manga is shown blowing up more than one planet at once, and though this doesn't mean they cannot do more, people say that is all theory because it is never outright shown.

Cell had no reason to boast to Gohan, the one who nearly killed him, and the one who was then just standing there with his will to fight gone. It would serve no point. What? Cell stated:

Cell: "I not only have enough energy to destroy the planet, but the entire solar system!"

And he's thinking in the back of his head:

'They're going to be so surprised that my blast is a planet busting attack even though I claimed that it was going to destroy the solar system! Even though everyone here has basically survived a planet busting attack, but it'll be fun to scare them!'

Yeah, does that work in your head too?

Also, mind control has nothing to do with ki. It's pure magic, not ki!

#46 Edited by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyp Durron, while under the influence of Exar Kun, was able to obtain the Imperial follow up to the Death Star known as the Sun Crusher (the ice cream cone ship in the background), which he then used to destroy at least eight stars, just to wipe out one Imperial base and a couple of Star Destroyers, before he eventually returned to the light side and chucked the Sun Crusher into a black hole.

Oh yeah. Droppin' some EU knowledge on y'all.

#47 Posted by SOG7dc (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

cell

goku

gohan

vegeta

gotenks

vegito

gogeta

uub

buu

dabura

janemba

etc. I could go on but ive made my point

#48 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18050 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Unicron

Holy sh-t

Ha ha indeed

#49 Posted by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Melkor destroyed the Sun, though it's hard to say how big the Tolkien Sun is (early on Arda was flat, later it was round and Arda was the name of the Solar System and the World was renamed Armbar/Imbar; Middle Earth being a continent on the world). Ungolliant exceeded Melkor in power, so she could probably also destroy the Sun.

Non from Diebuster destroyed a blackhole by kicking it and in her colossal form her Buster Beam is 12,000 times stronger than her normal Buster Beam (her normal Buster Beam can easily destroy planets like Titan).

Arale cracked the Sun with her toonforce.

#50 Posted by dondave (37415 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus