• 83 results
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Can any body beat MJ one on one in a game of street ball?
They play to 21 MJ is at his prime can any body beat MJ?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By utotheg38

.....Dr.J

lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By lastdrag0n89

Easy, No one. larry Bird himself stated that "Theres a basketball god and his name is Michael Jordan." he said that during the Playoffs

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By utotheg38
@lastdrag0n89 said:
Easy, No one. larry Bird himself stated that "Theres a basketball god and his name is Michael Jordan." he said that during the Playoffs
So, people say that all the time.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
I can't see anyone beating Michael Jordan in a One on One game... unless you mean like Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards.... Kobe Bryant could probably beat that MJ
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Jeff Hornacek LMAO
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty 1 on 1 is a toss up depending on who he's playing against MJ would win some and he would lose some.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson

Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate 

BB

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Samimista
@King Saturn said:
I can't see anyone beating Michael Jordan in a One on One game... unless you mean like Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards.... Kobe Bryant could probably beat that MJ
This.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

Honestly Lebron could. I AM NOT A LEBRON FAN. But one on one, Lebron has all the skills to do it. He's faster, stronger, quicker than Jordan could ever dream to be. However, Jordan has the advantage in one area. Cunning, Jordan was a much craftier player. He could get in your head and make you make mistakes. But, overall, raw talent in a game of one-on-one would win.  

JUST TO BE CLEAR, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN JORDAN. THIS IS A GAME OF ONE-ON-ONE. DON'T WANT TO BE ACCUSED OF BLASPHEMY.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Nobody.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theicon

Dr J  would sweep MJ

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LONGTIME

Kobe.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By utotheg38

I forgot Omi/Jermaine stomps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

Easy. Me. Just give me a lead pipe, and the jump on him. :P  

/thread
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By YoungGunna
@LONGTIME said:
Kobe.

Please....Kobe is a MJ wannabe..No one can take MJ in his Prime...
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaq.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By GTG12

no one.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Buggs Bunny Space Jam showed he had game.

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LONGTIME
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#21  Edited By Dracade102

Batman with 1,000,000 years prep.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By progenitorigin

Albert Wesker, because, well.. 

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By cyberninja
@LONGTIME said:

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheSheepHerder

Only a Michael Jordan clone can defeat Michael Jordan. 

So in other words, no.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sissel

This MJ. 

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyrie Irving

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kobe, Lebron, Bugs Bunny, and Spider-Man.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jordan in his prime? No one probably. I mean you have unstoppable forces in guys like Kareem, Shaq and Dr.J that could take him cause he would have no way to stop them...but anyone in his weight class, I don't think so. The only one that comes to mind that MIGHT stand a chance is Kobe in his prime because A) he has/had an incredible jump shot and B) he has the same kill/assassin instinct that Jordan had. I don't think Jordan could use his crazy a$$ mindgames/telepathy thing he did on Kobe like he did other players. That one-on-one would come down to pure skill in which I'm leaning towards "His-Airness"

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In one on one...in their prime, Kobe Bryant would win. By at least two buckets. That's Kobe's bread and butter. He's said as much when asked theme question about Lebron. Kobe from like 08-09? Forget about it. Jordan would be like "wow"

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kobe in his prime (2006-2010).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer my own question - Kobe, LeBron, and possibly KD could beat him one-on-one.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kobe Bryant

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allen Iverson in his prime would certainly give him a run.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Wolverine008

AI already broke dem' ankles!

No Caption Provided

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

AI already broke dem' ankles!

No Caption Provided

The Answer was a beast!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

KOBE BEAN BRYANT

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kobe Bryant is the best one on one player of all time. M.J. says Kobe is the only one that could get the best of him probably. Search it on youtube, Michael gives a list of players that he would like to play one on one.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Quickfingers26

Nobody. MJ's turnaround jumper was nearly unstoppable and money from the baseline. He could drive past any defender to either side. And people are overlooking that this was one of the BEST defensive players ever. Who's going to score on him, let alone stop him from scoring? Lebron... please? Kobe... I doubt it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No one, but Kobe would have the best chance.

Durant might have a chance. He's 6'11 with an amazing jumpshot

Iverson, no. There's no way he could defend Jordan

Lebron doesnt have the jumpshot or the one-on-one skills to win

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody. MJ's turnaround jumper was nearly unstoppable and money from the baseline. He could drive past any defender to either side. And people are overlooking that this was one of the BEST defensive players ever. Who's going to score on him, let alone stop him from scoring? Lebron... please? Kobe... I doubt it.

Kobe has the same turnaround jumper, and has been stated to be the best mid-range player ever. M.J. could not drive past everyone, and Gary Payton held his own against him for sure. M.J. also had Scottie Pippen who guarded the best player on the other team most of the time, so M.J. could conserve energy. Kobe and M.J. are unguardable and are one of the best on both ends of the court. M.J. also played against offensive guards for the majority of his time and the league. M.J. even said Kobe can beat him. M.J. never really played against the zone either.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyrie Irving

he's only 22 and he has the skills to show off in front of Kobe, LeBron and others

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
Loading Video...

KOBE BEAN BRYANT

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: Not to fast, Kyrie tried to go 1 v 1 vs old Kobe and got blocked, while Kobe scored on him 1 v 1. They did it in game, and was driven off the Olympic bet that Kyrie challenged.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keithcolby1995:

Kobe is an elite scoring 2-guard. Lightning quick first step, a superb mid-range game that most current NBA players tend to forget how important that is and he's a finisher. However, offensively (with the exception of 3pt shooting), everything Kobe brings to the table, MJ did just a little bit better.

And I don't know anyone, and I mean this with respect... who thinks Kobe is on the same level defensively that Jordan was. That is where a huge difference really lies.

And as for bringing up The Glove.... he is probably the best lockdown defensive star point guard I have ever seen (sad how few people recall him). To not always be able to blow past him, well that is going to happen when you play someone like him.

Kobe can compete with MJ. No doubt. But he is and will remain 2nd best.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keithcolby1995: maybe not as this age but if he continues this trend he could potentially be the best NBA player out there. remember he's only 22 and Kobe has experience on his side.

There was a game where Kyrie helped Cleveland beat Lakers 100-94 where he was literally carrying the team, so he's not that far off

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quickfingers26:

Kobe is an elite scoring 2-guard. Lightning quick first step, a superb mid-range game that most current NBA players tend to forget how important that is and he's a finisher. However, offensively (with the exception of 3pt shooting), everything Kobe brings to the table, MJ did just a little bit better.

Nice paragraph, mostly agree other than Kobe has a better post game, and better footwork. The only reason Kobe doesn't blow him out the water on offense is because the 90's and 80's style of play was so fast. They took more shot attempts and that means MORE SHOTS = MORE POINTS. M.J. has a better FG% because he didn't have to worry about the zone, and could drive most of the time. Kobe is by far a better shooter. If he didn't take ridiculous shots his would be a lot better. He even set Wilt Chamberlin records in 2006. He scored 45 points or more for four consecutive games. He outscored the team that went to the finals by himself for the first three quarters by himself 62>61. A few weeks later, he had the best performance ever in NBA history, the legendary 81. Do not bring up 100, Wilt did it on a second string Center in an era where I could probably be a third string. Kobe is probably the greatest scorer ever. Just think if he played in the 90's with no zone and a faster style of play. I could say a lot more but just got to put out the basics.

And I don't know anyone, and I mean this with respect... who thinks Kobe is on the same level defensively that Jordan was. That is where a huge difference really lies.

Kobe has more all defensive team selections than M.J., but they hold the same amount of first team all defensive selections. All defensive/offensive selections are the only awards that are not popularity contests in the NBA. Kobe even had more competition for those defensive first team selections. (example. D. Wade) I mean what other shooting guard was even good at defense back then? John Starks maybe? Even still he did win the DPOY awards so I'll say he is slightly better.

And as for bringing up The Glove.... he is probably the best lockdown defensive star point guard I have ever seen (sad how few people recall him). To not always be able to blow past him, well that is going to happen when you play someone like him.

TRUE he is probably top 3 in terms of defense. Payton, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett being the best maybe. I haven't sat and just thought about it.

Kobe can compete with MJ. No doubt. But he is and will remain 2nd best

Most of that is because MJ came first. It's all good.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keithcolby1995: maybe not as this age but if he continues this trend he could potentially be the best NBA player out there. remember he's only 22 and Kobe has experience on his side.

There was a game where Kyrie helped Cleveland beat Lakers 100-94 where he was literally carrying the team, so he's not that far off

I remember when Kobe had to do that a couple years ago, and almost a decade ago.

Kyrie is one of my favorite players, but if he wants to be the best, he needs to get a hell of a lot better on defense. He also needs to get his assists higher, he is slacking for a PG. Which he should average a double double this year easily. Lebron, Andrew Wiggins, Waiters and so on. I expect big things for the Cavs and Kyrie this year. And if they get Ray Allen.....

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Quickfingers26

@keithcolby1995:

I agree with 99% of the stuff you said. Pippen, Glove and KG are three of best defenders I have ever seen. I have to call out Olajuwon too. It's cool that you know your basketball, man. Makes for a good conversation. Just out of curiosity, who's your ALL Time basketball team (filling all five positions)?

A few counterpoints to what you said- the 80's was also a time of hard knock defense. Jordan spent half his career getting the snot kicked out of him by the Pistons. A few more things were allowed on defense back then that are fouls now. I agree that Bryant's shooting % is lower because he takes a lot more three pointers and he has a tendency to toss up bad shots. Bryant has also been a little bit more turnover prone in his career.

I'm not saying that Kobe isn't an elite scorer. He is. One of the greatest we have ever seen. I'm not sure I'd take a pop shot at Wilt Chamberlin to make my point though. Wilt has earned his place. I personally define greatness by measuring how much better a player was than their peers and their opponents. Say what you want to say about Wilt, but with all of his records... consider how much better he was than anyone not named Bill Russell in his era?

Defensively I think we are on the same page. Jordan was the 1988 defensive player of the year. This was in the era of giants. Mark Eaton, Olajuwon, a young Rodman and a young Admiral. Kobe does have more overall defensive selections than Jordan, but he has also been playing longer now. If we measure by quality and in their prime, MJ's defense is better.

In their prime, we could debate who was a better scorer. It's super close so I accept a draw. But it is not a debate who is a better defensive player. =)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#50 JediXMan  Moderator

Charles Barkley:

Loading Video...