White Supremacy Bigger Problem Than Radical Islam?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

"So why aren’t more people outraged about domestic terrorists? Because then we’d have to admit that white supremacy is still a problem." ~Yahoo News

No Caption Provided

The New York Timesreported back in June that since Sept. 11, 2001, almost twice as many people have died at the hands of white supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims. Using data compiled by New America, a Washington Research center, a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim—including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.—compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists. However, this does not factor in yesterday’s tragic shooting or less publicized incidents like the Las Vegas couple who murdered two police officers and left a Swastika on one of the bodies.

http://news.yahoo.com/statistics-show-white-supremacy-bigger-004327404.html

http://thegrio.com/2015/10/03/report-white-supremacy-is-a-bigger-threat-to-the-u-s-than-radical-muslims/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blade_R

almost twice as many people have died at the hands of white supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims.

If this is true, then the answer is yes IMO.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lolno, this is propoganda

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the media says it, then I guess I gotta believe it.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In America I'd say yes.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Any form of radical opinion is a problem. However, while you do have to take into account that maybe in the US white supremacy has lead to more death and damage, on a worldwide scale ISIS makes them look insignificant.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

White Supremacy is radical as well but...I'd say Radical Islam is a bigger problem.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to have opinions on what goes on in the world I would highly advise not basing them on op eds you find in any newspaper or pretty much anything you hear being spoonfed to you by people in the mass media. They all, as in every single one, follow either their own agenda or more likely the agenda of the show/news company they are appearing on.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dshipp17

Radical Islam is larger and more widespread than white supremacy groups. The persecution of Christians by Muslims is a bigger problem, because it is more widespread, but only in a physical since; in terms of a social matter, white supremacy is a bigger problem in the United States. I'm sure you picked out information that shows white supremacists have a higher death count in the United States, but Radical Islam is a more looming physical threat. What needs to happen is Radical Islam needs to be addressed with at least the same intensity that it's being addresses, currently, but laws and security need to be increased to address white supremacists groups. White supremacy has more of an impact in the United States, because it's far more apart of the culture in the United States; such as evidenced by the employment and wealth gap between minority groups and Caucasians in the United States; and, as such, it has an impact on even Islam in the United States, as the members of Islam are usually minority groups in the United States; additionally, Islam is a relatively small group; Christianity is more widespread in the United States, being at the root of the founding of the United States.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Noone301994

Not really... The KKK has killed like 3,000 people since its creation. How many people have radical Muslim extremists killed in 2001 alone?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

They're both problems, but at the moment, I'd say radical Islam is the bigger threat.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both need to die in fire

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both suck. Honestly people who fly the flag of racist traitors make me angrier than people shouting death to America.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is stupid pure stupid.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: If you disagree with me you're racist.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Jestersmiles

both are bad but no if we had to prioritizes, I think radicals islam is a bigger problem.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Define white supremacy:

The low level version practiced by white rednecks is nothing.

The one practiced by rich white male, politicians, police officers, businessmen, bankers, lawyers/judges, real estate agents, school boards, etc is dangerous.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@noone301994 said:

@sophia89: If you disagree with me you're racist.

Calling me out makes you a sexist.

Calling me out for calling you out makes you a homophobe.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in the US,so I'm not the least bit worried about ISIS.Lol..Only jokers worried about a group that's not even on the same continent as them.

Take your head out of the sand box.Plus,I'm not surprised by the answers on here.

Pretty sure most ppl on here are white so of course their not worried about Neo-Nazi and The KKK.

So why worry about a group that's not going to target them.Good jobs guys!:)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@noone301994: Calling me out on calling you out on calling me out makes you a transphobic.

Calling me out on calling you out on calling me out on calling you out makes you a hermaphrophobe.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Nope, Radical Islam is a way more dangerous problem than this white supremacy issue. There are radical Muslim militia groups in Thailand, Malaysia, China, swathes of countries in the Middle-East, the US, Canada, the Republic of Congo, etc. This Radical Islamist movement covers every ethnicity and nationality around the globe and completely dwarfs the issue of white supremacist issue. If you're strictly speaking in regards to the United States, then they're both equally bad.