Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By isaac_clarke

"We can't get our phones to work"

"I always thought I was going to have really cool phones and stuff"

"Come on guys, I'm the President of the United States, wheres the fancy buttons and stuff and the big screen comes up? It doesn't happen."

Both Clinton and Reagon had their various complaints on the White House not exactly packing the bells in whistles Hollywood made it out to have, but this I thought was some pretty decent humor on our current Commander and Chief.

What I wish I could get ahold of was the actual audio, so far all I can see this stuff in is in text online, which is dissapointing, since all these media outlets are quoting it without giving me a damn clip of audio to hear. =P

I doubt he's exaggerating too much, the old stuff can tank an EMP and the like without failing, so I'd imagine that as the main reason the White House is behind in technology. That or they just don't upgrade the place.

I for one thinks the President needs at least some sort of button to power on the White House to use as a giant Mech, but that's just me.

Shame this thread will go down hill when the usuals arrive to hate on Barack.

stuamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By stuamerica

It is weird how the most important position in the world gets lackluster equipment.  With the exception of the military, most government entities have pretty lame gear due to the red tape you need to push through to prove you need and the requirements to take bids to buy from the lowest bidder once the need is proven.  You have to love bureaucracy.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula

funny.

they should install a big red button on the white house desk, and have it do nothing. But tell the president not to push it ever!

and we will see how trustworthy each president really is by leaving him alone with it, everyday in his office. And we will see which ones press it (idiots) and who don't (the wise).