whilce portacio`s Wetworks image comics house ad from Back in the Day .

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By J1ml33
No Caption Provided

Wetworks

as a teen this always fascinated me with this wild idea that Whilce and Todd could have done an Book [wetworks] back in 92/ 93 . well later they did Whilce Doing the Art for Spawn big Monumental shake up of the Spawn Universe by killing Al Simmons and introducing the New Guy ( Jim Downing ) but I digress . looking at this Promo makes me miss Wetworks as drawn by Whilce Portacio :( but looking on the bright side Mother One looks mighty fine as only the two greatest Image 90s superstar artist could Deliver ^_^ .

promo art by Whilce Portacio ( pencils/layout ) & Todd Mcfarlane ( inks)

Wildstorm R.I.P.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It looked cool.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

The original Image Gang was pretty neat. Remember Image X-month?

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@turoksonofstone: Oh yes I own an Issue of Savage Dragon as Drawn by Jim Lee and an Issue of W.I.L.D cats as written and drawn by Erik Larsen and an Issue of Spawn as Illustrated by Marc Silvestri . reading that stuff makes me all very Giddy every time I re-read it :D But looking at that Promo I kinda wish Whilce and Todd would have did an Kick Ass Issue ., funny Wetworks is the only Early Image comic I do not own [ except for their first appearance in W.I.L.D Cats number two [ I own the Holographic variant of that Issue ^_^ I was the coolest kid on the block back in the Day ] but this promo I found in the back matter of an Single issue of Spawn number Four :D . I simply love how daring Early Image comics was :D

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they broke a lot of ground and freed up creators rights a bit.

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j1ml33: Cyberforce by Todd Mcfarlane was another sweet X-Month Book. Shame Silvestri did not succeed with that team of characters but I guess we will always have Darkness and Witchblade. Wetworks had a lot of sweet concepts but Whilce was too erratic with production and it got lost in the glut. Hellshock was it? by Whilce also had a sweet character design. The only Advantage to being corporate owned Vs. Creator Owned is the chance for perpetual revival it brings to the characters themselves IMO.

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: so true dude . I look at alot of what they did back then as an shinning example of what a group of talented creators could do outside the system on a grander scale :D. their work continuously keeps me motivated to improve my own work [both web-comics and digital single issue stuff ]