We know that krypton is a really advanced race and that their science dwarfs that of the human race and that under a yellow sun, they gain god like power but, the human race also has advantages over kryptonians. examples include the meta-gene (the gene that allows humans to gain super powers), immunity to kryptonite and our science (which isn't that bad either). so, my question to you guys is which race do you think is superior, kryptonians with their advanced technology and under a yellow sun or humans with meta-humans, amazons, atlanteans, super geniuses and humans with supernatural abilities (such as raven and etrigan)?
I would have to say, Kryptonians. If you were born Kryptonian, you get powers under our sun. Humans....luck of the draw. Not all humans get powers.
Correct take a look at the Big Bang event that took place in the Milestone/DC comics in that event there were about 1000 people in that gang war and when the Q-Juice mutagen was released 99% of the people died in very horrific ways some were fused into the ground flesh melted off their bones and the remaining 1% gained powers or got horribly mutated into monsters. The same can be said about the Wildcard virus in the Wildcard series but on a much larger scale. So you really have to be lucky to gain superpowers and not be killed or become disfigured or dead.
This is why I hate alien superheros in comics. Not as sure about Marvel, but this is about a DC race anyway. It just always bothered me that the Martians, Kryptonians, Tamaranians, they are all races of super powered beings. & yet why have they not conquered the universe? In fact, none of them are even a threat. Although, I get the point that these survivors landing on earth, becoming a hero, AND having a mutation is one highly unlikely event after another. But still, I would have prefered the explination of they were born with these powers, especially when Supergirl had firey powers & Connor has his tactile TK powers.
But, I guess the answer to the question is humans. It goes to show that just because you are near gold like, evolution evens it out AND the "weaker" species wins.
Yeah, we have more genetic variety with the metagene, but that requires random outer stimuli in order to bring forward. And even that's not a sure thing. The powers bestowed are inconsistent and random. Kryptonian Yellow Sun powers are relatively consistent and constant, provided exposure is maintained. Sure the Kryptonite thing is bad, but sooner or later, those crystals are going to be destroyed, since the planet was blown up, there's only so much. Once it's gone, Kryptonians are unstoppable under a yellow sun. So yeah, I'm going with the Kryptonians.
@Agent9149 the reason the Kryptonians didn't escape krytron was for several reasons. But mainly due to them being powerless on there home planet. Due to the red sun that krypton orbited.
While yellow sun grants them powers. The red son makes them powerless