Which one is worst being physically or mentally defeated ?

DenzelMoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

which one is harder to recover from ?

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Incursion

Probably mental

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mentally unless youre talking about irreparable bodily injury cuz that's kind of hard to recover from

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who I'm defeated by.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Mental pain can heal and a person becomes stronger from expierence. Also mental defeat can succumb to depression and or suicide.

Physical defeat can vary from a simple thumb wrestle to death. Physical defeat in competition allows for stronger ambition and drive. Physical defeat in combat likely means incapacitation, consumption, left for death or killed on the spot.

Analysis;

Mental defeat does not hinder your body from performing necessary bodily functions needed for life. However ambition and drive can decrease causing depression and or suicide.

Physical defeat if in mortal combat resulting in injury relating to bodily functions, then the body may die regardless of ambition and drive. The body if mortally injured will die regardless of mental stability not vice verse.

Conclusion;

Physical Defeat is worse :)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably mental.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By dshipp17

Mentally defeated. That'll cause you to lost all hope. I liked doing that to my professors and classmates, but, it was also a two year long struggle for me to feel back on top, when I literally let the work get the best of me, when I had so many new and interesting things to learn; now, I just want to get back to finish what I started, with those same professors; I got over it by excelling in my career as a scientists, not actually back in the classroom again.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AssertingValor: yeah but it says what's the hardest to recover from and having your legs chopped off and your spine snapped is impossible to physically recover from

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

both.

Avatar image for deactivated-622aa52778ac3
deactivated-622aa52778ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know mental issues are hard to recover from because it is incredibly hard for our minds to forget things especially when it is something as prominent as a mental addiction, fear, or habit.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Mentally, I don't wanna feel dumb.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both are horrible, but Mentally.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Physical defeated just meant you used up all your youthful fiery passion!!! Thats a good thing! But being mentally defeated means you've given up your youthful passion!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It totally depends. Both can be permanent, but it depends on the type of physical or mental ailment.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

@rpgesus: my conclusion was physical....

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physically defeated is pretty bad in certain situations, like mortal combat.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mortein  Online

They are kind of interconnected, extreme mental defeat will often lead to self mutilation and suicide, while extreme physical defeat, if survived, will often lead to mental problems, like if your opponent cuts off your limbs, and takes out out your eyes, you'll likely end up being depressed and shit.

Like Reek for example.

No Caption Provided

Was he defeated mentally or physically?

DenzelMoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

They are kind of interconnected, extreme mental defeat will often lead to self mutilation and suicide, while extreme physical defeat, if survived, will often lead to mental problems, like if your opponent cuts off your limbs, and takes out out your eyes, you'll likely end up being depressed and shit.

Like Reek for example.

No Caption Provided

Was he defeated mentally or physically?

Defeated mentally for sure it's all in his eyes

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is Cpl. James Miller USMC, aka "The Marlboro Marine" , in a picture taken during the Second Battle of Fallujah, 2004.

The picture was taken by Luis Sinco, on assignment for the Los Angeles Times. Regarding the picture, he said " His expression caught my eye. To me, it said: terrified, exhausted, and glad just to be alive. I recognized that look because that's how I felt too."

So even if your body is still capable of fighting, being defeated on a mental level completely eliminates your ability to fight again. And I think this picture says it all.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:
No Caption Provided

This is Cpl. James Miller USMC, aka "The Marlboro Marine" , in a picture taken during the Second Battle of Fallujah, 2004.

The picture was taken by Luis Sinco, on assignment for the Los Angeles Times. Regarding the picture, he said " His expression caught my eye. To me, it said: terrified, exhausted, and glad just to be alive. I recognized that look because that's how I felt too."

So even if your body is still capable of fighting, being defeated on a mental level completely eliminates your ability to fight again. And I think this picture says it all.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mental defeat is harder. Depression is a good example of how it can affect your whole being.