• 76 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Power or Love or Sex or both. Do all of them lead to peace? Which one leads to peace?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the only thing that prevent's nuclear warfare is nuclear bombs.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Indeed...

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peace is a lie.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Sex

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No time to fight when you're busy having sex. Love leads to jealousy, which leads to hate.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Sex!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure domination

Suske_Amoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death and tea

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Killing millions of people to save the lives of billions.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: Did someone just come from watching Watchmen?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crushing your enemies with a cold iron fist, and seeding their ground with salt, while corroding their foundation with the acid that is indefatigable military might will lead to peace. An enemy that is thoroughly psychologically and physically crushed can never rise again to become a piece on the chessboard that is power.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@xlab3000: The only way peace would ever happen is if no man or woman ever wanted for anything ever again. So we will never have peace.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I don't see Peace ever being truly realized. Just by its own definition its quite nearly impossible. Plus it goes against the laws of the universe. Let me explain:

Peace is an ideal; something we should strive towards surely, but that doesn't mean we'll ever reach that point. Nope. Unfortunately they'll always be violence in the world, whether it's against ourselves, each other, or against other species. That's just on our own infinitesimal microcosm.

Violence has been the universe's rite of passage since the dawn of time. They don't call it a big BANG for nothing.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we dont force peace then how will it happen ? But sex is good too

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can NEVER have Peace... Discord and Anarchy must stay within the parameters of Reality.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

If you want PEACE then prepare for WAR.

It's that simple. It is very unlikely that a country will get bullied if they know you can fight back and hurt them.

My country, the Philippines, learned that the hard way.

China is acting like a loud mouth douche bag right now.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfection.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

If we dont force peace then how will it happen ? But sex is good too

Forced Sex is Rape. ;p

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YodaPrime

idk how u define "peace" but the Buddhist monks of Tibet seem to be the closest to it that i've seen.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kgb725
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk how u define "peace" but the Buddhist monks of Tibet seem to be the closest to it that i've seen.

Peace in its true form is an absolute that cannot be attained. A state of pure serenity purged off all negative thoughts.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@OverLordArhas: I didnt say anything about forced sex you fiend!!!

Just going with the premise. ;p

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

True peace is an ideal we should all strive for. But is there peace even if there is no war? Not really so long as there are social injustices in the world. Peace, in our world, is just a period of time where there is no war, bought with the blood of those willing to fight for peace.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True peace is an ideal we should all strive for. But is there peace even if there is no war? Not really so long as there are social injustices in the world. Peace, in our world, is just a period of time where there is no war, bought with the blood of those willing to fight for peace.

Yep. An ideal which is sadly impossible to achieve.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ostyo

Having the biggest guns and knowing when to use them.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

But, that doesn't mean it isn't worth trying for.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas said:

@granitesoldier said:

Have you tried chasing a cloud when you are little? I do not wish to sound rude that is the way it is. Peace is an illusion similar to a twinkling star that might not actually be there.

But I do get your point, ideals are meant to be set as standards but its too disappointing if you fall short of it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@OverLordArhas said:

@granitesoldier said:

Have you tried chasing a cloud when you are little? I do not wish to sound rude that is the way it is. Peace is an illusion similar to a twinkling star that might not actually be there.

But I do get your point, ideals are meant to be set as standards but its too disappointing if you fall short of it.

If you reach for the moon, you might get the stars.

I know it's an illusion. I'm in a profession that admits peace is unattainable. If it could be, I'd be in another line of work. I long for the day I could hang up my rifle and know that no other generation would need to see the horrors of humanity I've seen. But they will. But that doesn't mean I'll stop fighting for something I hope the world will one day see. Impossible or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peace?

Absolute commitment. Didn't anyone see the Dark Knight (y'know, the barge of regular Joe's and the barge of inmates)?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas said:

@granitesoldier said:

@OverLordArhas said:

@granitesoldier said:

If you reach for the moon, you might get the stars.

I know it's an illusion. I'm in a profession that admits peace is unattainable. If it could be, I'd be in another line of work. I long for the day I could hang up my rifle and know that no other generation would need to see the horrors of humanity I've seen. But they will. But that doesn't mean I'll stop fighting for something I hope the world will one day see. Impossible or not.

Agreed.

That is why I said earlier that if you want peace (or a semblance of peace) then prepare for war.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ostyo

@granitesoldier: The day soldiers like you aren't needed is the day this world sucks. Life is great because we have evil, it allows us to truly appreciate the good. I couldn't think of worse hell then a world without that balance.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@granitesoldier: The day soldiers like you aren't needed is the day this world sucks. Life is great because we have EVIL, it allows us to truly appreciate the good. I couldn't think of worse hell then a world without that balance.

Glad I'm needed.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@granitesoldier: The day soldiers like you aren't needed is the day this world sucks. Life is great because we have evil, it allows us to truly appreciate the good. I couldn't think of worse hell then a world without that balance.

I completely agree about balance, but until you've seen a horrified child, separated from his family, caught in a battle where he's nothing but collateral damage?

I've personally put my neck out to protect people who are simply "spectators" of war. Their blood isn't balance, they just want to live their lives.

We can't appreciate the light without the dark. We wouldn't know happiness if there was no sadness. We couldn't love life if it weren't for death. But the innocent should not be casualties of war, yet they are. I love children, have none of my own, and it broke my heart to see that crying child.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Totally understand your feelings on that, but I also believe horrors like that are important. I know any day I could be some unlucky victim of a serial killer just like anyone else, but I also know my death would inspire others to to pursue a career where they can stop something like from happening, or bring the monster to justice.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@granitesoldier: Totally understand your feelings on that, but I also believe horrors like that are important. I know any day I could be some unlucky victim of a serial killer just like anyone else, but I also know my death would inspire others to to pursue a career where they can stop something like from happening, or bring the monster to justice.

Eh, I suppose you could view it that way. But a child, who had no decision in any of this, doesn't deserve to be a casualty of someone else's war. It's why I try so hard to be the best at what I do, so maybe I can be strong or fast or skilled enough to prevent it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wolverine008

@ostyo said:

Eh, I suppose you could view it that way. But a child, who had no decision in any of this, doesn't deserve to be a casualty of someone else's war. It's why I try so hard to be the best at what I do, so maybe I can be strong or fast or skilled enough to prevent it.

No Caption Provided

You trying to be Wolverine now Granite?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@granitesoldier said:

@ostyo said:

No Caption Provided

Wolverine ain't sh*t.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@granitesoldier said:

@ostyo said:

No Caption Provided

Wolverine ain't sh*t.

No Caption Provided

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GraniteSoldier
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as humans remain the way they are there will never be any peace.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@granitesoldier: @wolverine08: one post, one post and Wolverine08 derails the thread. XD.

It's what I do best!

Only you could take a thread that has no remote coherence to Wolverine...and make it about Wolverine.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

To quote Pen and Teller.

"Peace is a business"