Which kills more people in general and is worse you think, Alcohol, Smoking or Drugs?

• 81 results
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ebbm

I think all drugs should be legal and regulated by the government. It would stop all the drug wars in Latin America and we could tax the drug trade and make money from it. The War on Drugs has failed, time to try something new.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikethekiller

The UFC? WTF There hasn't been a single death in the UFC cage.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Assassin_

Stupidity 

@mikethekiller said:

Maybe people make bets on fights and get killed because they can't pay? idk...
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

All of the above.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Assassin_

Smoking pipes and cigars isn't exactly good for you but its nowhere near as bad as smoking cigarettes, have you seen what's in those things? Makes me wanna gag.  

Drinking alcohol isn't bad for you either, its drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Just like everything else, if you eat or drink to much of it there will likely be repercussions. 

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikethekiller

cigarettes are pretty bad 

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant God

drugs are bad m'kay
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By castleking

Cigarettes i would say is worse in how it kills people

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Mutant God said:
drugs are bad m'kay
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Magian

C.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mark5
@ComicMan24 said:
C.
SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SuperGamera

tobacco products probably kill the most people but they don't make you dangerous to others like drugs and alcohol. I would say they're all equally bad in different ways.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iLLituracy
@Ebbm said:
I think all drugs should be legal and regulated by the government. It would stop all the drug wars in Latin America and we could tax the drug trade and make money from it. The War on Drugs has failed, time to try something new.
Maybe pot...but most other drugs? No. Coke, crack, heroin and most other drugs should stay illegal. Most of those things if made legal would completely f*ck up society and our economy. Most people wouldn't be able to function.
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Chaos Burn

Drugs, due to the murders that are caused by drugs.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By biggkeem89

This is a tough question. I consider drugs the worst because they can kill people faster, but Cigarettes kill way more people than drugs do. Cigaretttes are legal poison, and most of the people who smoke for an extended period of time will probably die from stuff caused by smoking(lung cancer, emphysema, sarcoidosis, etc). Plus, second hand smoke affects people who are just in the general vicinity, and affect their lifespan. So in overall death rate and impact, smoking is definitely the most widespread and dangerous

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ebbm
@iLLituracy

I don't think by legalizing those drugs that people would all of a sudden become heroin addicts, cokeheads, etc. I think all forms of advertising should be illegal and that it should come with heightened warnings about the dangers of such drugs. I think the people who will do these drugs would do them regardless of their legal status. It would prevent a lot of violence and corruption; just look at how disastrous prohibition was. the war on drugs isn't much different. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

This is the biggest serial killer of em all my friends... :D

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GTG12

I am going with the cancer sticks.
exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By exhyni9
I dont get how Drugs kill so many people most of the death that come from there are because of war to keep control of them which ends up in the last section of murder and UFC(LOLOLOL) and drugs that kill you are harder to find then Tobacco products and alcohol which kill thousands of people yearly also people that die of Over dousing are dead because they committed suicide which if unintentional would fall in the last category as well because it an accident

so what the fuck is up with drug having the most deaths?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iLLituracy
@Ebbm said:
@iLLituracy:   I don't think by legalizing those drugs that people would all of a sudden become heroin addicts, cokeheads, etc. I think all forms of advertising should be illegal and that it should come with heightened warnings about the dangers of such drugs. I think the people who will do these drugs would do them regardless of their legal status. It would prevent a lot of violence and corruption; just look at how disastrous prohibition was. the war on drugs isn't much different. 
This is pretty much wrong. 

Not only is legalizing it something like saying "it's okay" because they can now do it without worry of being arrested, but you're also making it much more accessible. You're putting it in storefronts and making it much more easy to get. There are people out there who have never done anything because they've never had access to it. I don't think anyone wakes up one morning and says "I'm going to try pot today" or "Hell, I could go for some crack." 

If you legalize it, people will try it and become addicted and ruin their lives due to it with most illegal drugs. 
exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By exhyni9
@iLLituracy said:
@Ebbm said:
@iLLituracy:   I don't think by legalizing those drugs that people would all of a sudden become heroin addicts, cokeheads, etc. I think all forms of advertising should be illegal and that it should come with heightened warnings about the dangers of such drugs. I think the people who will do these drugs would do them regardless of their legal status. It would prevent a lot of violence and corruption; just look at how disastrous prohibition was. the war on drugs isn't much different. 
This is pretty much wrong.  Not only is legalizing it something like saying "it's okay" because they can now do it without worry of being arrested, but you're also making it much more accessible. You're putting it in storefronts and making it much more easy to get. There are people out there who have never done anything because they've never had access to it. I don't think anyone wakes up one morning and says "I'm going to try pot today" or "Hell, I could go for some crack."  If you legalize it, people will try it and become addicted and ruin their lives due to it with most illegal drugs. 
People that doe it or are willing to do it are gonna do it regardless of its illegal or not also no one intends to be caught by the police so being afraid of the cops aint a big deal as they usually dont plan on being caught but also take mesures to make sure that they arent caught tough they are eventually it usually takes some time to catch them and when they do they just release them

Drugs are already easily assessable so saying that making them legal and regulating them would make them more assessable to people is canda wrong if your looking for drugs you dont have to look hard to find it

Addiction well thats the point of the government making it legal because when it becomes legal they can control the amount that is on the market much like we do for prescription drugs also while controlling the ammount that is on the market we destroy the underground economy of illegal drug trade/trafficking

Stop gang wars for Territory and make money of the sale of it

If you arent looking for drugs it being legal wont affect you but if you use it or plan to then it being legals just makes it safer for you(Since people wont add stuff to it) and controlling the ammount that you receive so that you don't over-dose while getting tax from it and not wasting money in the war on drugs which were losing and most of the money goes to fighting things like weed
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ebbm
@iLLituracy: I don't agree at all. Drugs are already easily accessible without the legalization. A big reason teenagers do drugs  is as an act of rebellion. If drugs were legalized but regulated it would eliminate the war on drugs and the black market drug trade. This would end so much violence and corruption just like prohibition ended a lot of gang violence. Another point, similar to prohibition, is that a lot of homemade drugs are made poorly and can result in death if taken; just like homemade alcohol is more dangerous than store bought alcohol.  Legalization would also cut our prison population drastically and thus give a financial relief to taxpayers.

I don't see how the government legalized drugs would be an endorsement of it. Like I said it will still be heavily regulated and come with more awareness of the dangers of drugs. The benefits outweigh the negatives in this case.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iLLituracy
@exhyni9:  

People that doe it or are willing to do it are gonna do it regardless of its illegal or not also no one intends to be caught by the police so being afraid of the cops aint a big deal as they usually dont plan on being caught but also take mesures to make sure that they arent caught tough they are eventually it usually takes some time to catch them and when they do they just release them 

People that do it or are willing to do it have most likely already done it. Legalizing it is saying that it's okay to do it. There's never a point in time where it's okay to do crack or coke due to how addicting it is. 

No one INTENDS to be caught, but the fact of the matter is when someone deals or buys drugs they KNOW the risk they're taking in possessing those drugs. If you legalize it then there is not risk in attaining or possessing them. As for being released, that's BS, do you know how much time you can do for having a crack rock? 

Drugs are already easily assessable so saying that making them legal and regulating them would make them more assessable to people is canda wrong if your looking for drugs you dont have to look hard to find it 

My point is that people who are looking for drugs have already done it. If you allow people to do drugs legally and put drugs on the market then you'll have a lot more drug users.  

And no, not everyone knows or has a dealer. Not everyone is willing to take the risk of doing illegal sh!t, either. 

Addiction well thats the point of the government making it legal because when it becomes legal they can control the amount that is on the market much like we do for prescription drugs also while controlling the ammount that is on the market we destroy the underground economy of illegal drug trade/trafficking 

Wrong. Even if you tried to regulate how much people could attain at one time other people would just make a hustle dealing extras to addicts. You also run the risk of constantly having people go through withdrawal. It's not good, at all. 

Stop gang wars for Territory and make money of the sale of it 

Gangs aren't just around to push drugs. It would give them one less reason to fight, but there's plenty of other activity to fight over. Especially if you're regulating how much drugs can be given to one person at one time. I don't see how that would effect gangs or drug dealers at all, because all you'd be doing is creating more addicts. How would you monitor what was attained legally and what wasn't? 

If you arent looking for drugs it being legal wont affect you but if you use it or plan to then it being legals just makes it safer for you(Since people wont add stuff to it) and controlling the ammount that you receive so that you don't over-dose while getting tax from it and not wasting money in the war on drugs which were losing and most of the money goes to fighting things like weed

Most of this was addressed already. You can't stop an addict or tell them how much they can have. 

@Ebbm:  

I don't agree at all. Drugs are already easily accessible without the legalization. A big reason teenagers do drugs  is as an act of rebellion. If drugs were legalized but regulated it would eliminate the war on drugs and the black market drug trade. This would end so much violence and corruption just like prohibition ended a lot of gang violence. Another point, similar to prohibition, is that a lot of homemade drugs are made poorly and can result in death if taken; just like homemade alcohol is more dangerous than store bought alcohol.  Legalization would also cut our prison population drastically and thus give a financial relief to taxpayers. 

I don't see how the government legalized drugs would be an endorsement of it. Like I said it will still be heavily regulated and come with more awareness of the dangers of drugs. The benefits outweigh the negatives in this case. 

I addressed all of this above.  

Teenagers doing it as rebellion is a generalization and most teenagers only do pot and rarely get into the more dangerous drugs last I checked. 
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ebbm
@iLLituracy

You're argument isn't very convincing and you don't provide any evidence.

Notwithstanding the vast public resources expended on the enforcement of penal statutes against users and distributors of controlled substances, contemporary drug policy appears to have failed, even on its own terms, in a number of notable respects. These include: minimal reduction in the consumption of controlled substances; failure to reduce violent crime; failure to markedly reduce drug importation, distribution and street-level drug sales; failure to reduce the widespread availability of drugs to potential users; failure to deter individuals from becoming involved in the drug trade; failure to impact upon the huge profits and financial opportunity available to individual "entrepreneurs" and organized underworld organizations through engaging in the illicit drug trade; the expenditure of great amounts of increasingly limited public resources in pursuit of a cost-intensive "penal" or "law-enforcement" based policy; failure to provide meaningful treatment and other assistance to substance abusers and their families; and failure to provide meaningful alternative economic opportunities to those attracted to the drug trade for lack of other available avenues for financial advancement

Moreover, a growing body of evidence and opinion suggests that contemporary drug policy, as pursued in recent decades, may be counterproductive and even harmful to the society whose public safety it seeks to protect. This conclusion becomes more readily apparent when one distinguishes the harms suffered by society and its members directly attributable to the pharmacological effects of drug use upon human behavior, from those harms resulting from policies attempting to eradicate drug use.

The above is an excerpt from the New York County Lawyers' Association review of drug policy. 

To your argument that legalization would result in more people trying drugs. http://www.economist.com/node/13237193?story_id=13237193

fear [of legalisation] is based in large part on the presumption that more people would take drugs under a legal regime. That presumption may be wrong. There is no correlation between the harshness of drug laws and the incidence of drug-taking: citizens living under tough regimes (notably America but also Britain) take more drugs, not fewer. Embarrassed drug warriors blame this on alleged cultural differences, but even in fairly similar countries tough rules make little difference to the number of addicts: harsh Sweden and more liberal Norway have precisely the same addiction rates 

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ebbm

A chart comparing drug use in the Netherlands where drug laws are more lax and the United States.

Social IndicatorComparison YearUSANetherlands
Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 36.9% 17.0%
Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 5.4% 3.0%
Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+) 2001 1.4% 0.4%
Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population 2002 701 100
Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros) 1998 €379 €223
Homicide rate per 100,000 population Average 1999-2001 5.56 1.51
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By NexusOfLight
@ssejllenrad: So true. So very true.
exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By exhyni9
@iLLituracy said:
People that do it or are willing to do it have most likely already done it. Legalizing it is saying that it's okay to do it. There's never a point in time where it's okay to do crack or coke due to how addicting it is.
Well people can get addicted to just about anything that we do in our everyday life so should we ban those?should we Ban Video Game or maybe Computers or just some type of Food 

The question is why are they legal if they are also addictive?why are other addictive substances legal and sold (Prescription drugs for one )  or Cigarettes and Alcohol which are sold but not controlled

If we are making things illegal on the basis that they are addictive alot of things that people use today would be illegal and/or use but the fact is that they are legal

No one INTENDS to be caught, but the fact of the matter is when someone deals or buys drugs they KNOW the risk they're taking in possessing those drugs. If you legalize it then there is not risk in attaining or possessing them. As for being released, that's BS, do you know how much time you can do for having a crack rock?
That still doesn't prevent people from using or selling drugs all it does is use up thousands of tax the tax payers money to make an illegal black market for them and cause the death of many people because of that also the right amount of money can get you out of anywhere(A guy that kept getting cough and each time he payed bail and got but every time the amount for bail went up and at 1 point his lawyer told him that he is going to have to double his business because next time he got caught what he was making right now would be enough - Of course this is hearsay but you dont see people with money going to real prison and if they do they only stay for a short while)

My point is that people who are looking for drugs have already done it. If you allow people to do drugs legally and put drugs on the market then you'll have a lot more drug users. 
Im sure this would be glad to prove you wrong 

@Ebbm said:
A chart comparing drug use in the Netherlands where drug laws are more lax and the United States.

According to a 2009 annual report by the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, the Dutch are among the lowest users of marijuana or cannabis in Europe, despite the Netherlands' policy on soft drugs being one of the most liberal in Europe, allowing for the sale of marijuana at "coffee shops", which the Dutch have allowed to operate for decades, and possession of less than 5 grams (0.18 oz).

British Crime Survey statistics indicated that the proportion of 16 to 24 year-olds using cannabis decreased from 28% a decade ago to 21%, with its declining popularity accelerating after the decision to downgrade the drug to class C was announced in January 2004. The BCS figures, published in October 2007, showed that the proportion of frequent users in the 16-24 age group (i.e. who were using cannabis more than once a month), fell from 12% to 8% in the past four years.

You nor i will just wake up one day and say hey you know what would be nice a good line of crack or a blunt  again if your after it your gonna find it the only difference is that while its illegal it cost more and its more risky to use while but it cost the country millions of dollars to keep it that way while in the other it is both cheaper and safer and were making money from it and putting the millions we would have spent on making it illegal to good use also i would like to say that most arrest are for weed

And no, not everyone knows or has a dealer. Not everyone is willing to take the risk of doing illegal sh!t, either.
Jaywalking is illegal but all of use have done it and continue to do it

While it being illegal may keep some people from doing it seen how it can fuck up someones life or learning about it and its effect is keeping more from it

Wrong. Even if you tried to regulate how much people could attain at one time other people would just make a hustle dealing extras to addicts. You also run the risk of constantly having people go through withdrawal. It's not good, at all.

Well in that case it becomes a simple case of finding one person and then stopping his access be it with longer prison sentences for illegal sales or setup a system to stop this people from being able to get any if in the street or banning them from being able to get a selling license

We have things to help people withdraw from alcohol and cigarettes we also have programs to help people withdraw from drugs

Gangs aren't just around to push drugs. It would give them one less reason to fight, but there's plenty of other activity to fight over. Especially if you're regulating how much drugs can be given to one person at one time. I don't see how that would effect gangs or drug dealers at all, because all you'd be doing is creating more addicts. How would you monitor what was attained legally and what wasn't?

Drug sales sure does keep them well founded though and again people aren't gonna go do drugs because they become legal and if they do then they likely would have used them even if it were illegal
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By PowerHerc

Drugs have the strongest and most dangerous effects, but cigarettes are the most pervasive, thus causing the most health issues and deaths.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By B'Town

All of the above.  

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, cigarettes. The only legal way to kill yourself.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By turoksonofstone

A.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By CATPANEXE

E. Other= Holes filled with either poisonous snakes or bamboo spikes.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By turoksonofstone
@Ebbm said:

A.
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Grouping all illegal drugs together is a bit of a broad generalization, don't you think? Sure, heroin, meth, and cocaine can ruin your day, but I have yet to encounter a reputably documented case of anyone dying as a direct result of smoking pot. Also, are we talking about death that is not directly related to consumption, such as being killed by a drunk driver or being blown up because your idiot neighbor decided to dabble in DIY meth labs?

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SuperTide

What kills more people the most? Other people.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBatman586
@Ebbm said:

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Caligula

cigarettes & alcohol kill more than any else. and cigarettes more than alcohol.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nefarious

They are all equal.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheBatman586

Cigarettes, I think.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gamefreak9

I'm pretty sure smoking kills the most(my only source "thank you for smoking"), but i also thing smoking and drugs kill people MUCH more directly, i think alcohol well 99 per cent of the deaths are indirect(drunk driving), so its not really the substance that's to blame but the people.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MKF30
 @EBB, definitely disagree respectfully of course. I don't think making all drugs legal around the world will solve that problem but make things worse. Just imagine, pot, cocaine, heroine and other extremely dangerous drugs or drugs that make you hallucinate legal... 

People would be high all over doing crazy things, far worse then now lol I would not be for that. As far as the fighting, I think they'd fight over something else then...just look at human history, we fight sadly over anything just about. If it's not drugs, it would be over something else. I mean people get drunk and high now and do stupid things like drive, pranks etc that get them and others killed....it would be far worse with other extreme drugs legal for anyone to buy knowing how humans are....

@Mikepool said:

Stupidity 

@mikethekiller

said:

Maybe people make bets on fights and get killed because they can't pay? idk...
Yeah, I was referring to cage matches and or people involved in general. I'm sure some people do get killed with blows to the head or in some street fights besides events at times but I guess anything else would fall under other or murder for not paying on bets? lol
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikethekiller
@MKF30: In the UFC there have been no deaths in the cage at all. As for MMA in general their are only two MMA related deaths I can think of, either way it shouldn't be place in the same category as murder.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MKF30
@mikethekiller said:
@MKF30: In the UFC there have been no deaths in the cage at all. As for MMA in general their are only two MMA related deaths I can think of, either way it shouldn't be place in the same category as murder.
Sorry, I meant MMA...UFC whatever lol.  

Anywho, they're not in the same category that just applies to "others" in general just want to note that. It does not mean it's the same, I did that to save less spaces/options.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ssejllenrad
@mikethekiller said:
True. Boxing and Muay Thai have both higher death counts.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MKF30

Boxing can really mess you up later in life, look at Muhammad Ali

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikethekiller

It all depends,  George Foreman is still well 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Caligula
@Nefarious said:
They are all equal.
no they are not. some contribute more to deaths than others.
 if you combine every illegal drug out there. it still would equal the number of deaths per year for cigarettes.

all drugs should be legal. your body and mind belong to you, and so does your money, and you should be able to do what you want with them.

American laws are crap.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#49  Edited By AssertingValor

murder tops........

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nefarious
@Caligula: You have a point. Drugs do have a good side and bad side to them. American laws should be fixed. Can we say...alcohol use causes more death than smoking?