Which is the HARDEST form of Art/medium you think out of the following choices?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which is the HARDEST form of Art/medium you think out of the following choices? (40 votes)

Drawing (graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoals, pastels, and markers etc) 20%
Painting(brushes, acrylics, oils, canvases, paints etc) 20%
Sculpting(figurines, action figures, molding, casting, statues, busts, wire work, plastic arts, welding work, wood carving, armatures etc) 28%
Film making/Movie making(any kind of movies), directing, producing, hiring actors for auditions etc, etc) 15%
Photography(photos, taking pictures, editing them etc) 3%
Engraving(stenciling, etching, lithograph etc) 5%
Printmaking(copying, ink press etc) 3%
Music(singing, composing, playing an instrument or rapping etc) 15%
Writing(generally speaking, books, comics, scripts etc) 20%
CGI(computer generated images), illustrators, Graphic Design, Digital artists, 3D, animation etc) 20%
Acting/Theatre(on screen, voice acting, theatre acting etc) 18%
Calligraphy(lettering, formatting, covers for books, comics, magazines etc) 8%
Conceptual Art(art that's unorthodox, more rare, not as traditional with no means of painting or sculpting, etc) 5%
Dancing(various styles for competitions, for fun, ice skating, cheerleading, musicals, martial arts, movies etc, etc) 8%
Architecture(structural engineering, aesthetic components, construction management) 25%
Martial Arts and/or Sports 28%
Other(perhaps not mentioned?) 3%
All of the above are equally difficult! 18%

I've allowed multiple voting choices for this one since I know there's probably quite a few artists on here to some degree or perhaps if you're not an artist you have a strong opinion.

So vote away!

• 
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MakkyD

Crap, didn't know it was multi-choice...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends if your physically capable of doing them which some people cant do all that

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drawing, painting, sculpting, music and writing are up there.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Very hard choices. Martial arts is one of the few I know and can be challenging. Trying to apply that in real life can be life or death when going against someone with a gun or something. But learning it can be another thing. I'm one of those book smart/ athlete smart kinda guys and training isn't too hard. Drawing is something I see everyone do, including myself, and everyone has there own style and taste. Same with music, and photography. Acting is hard if ya suck at it, as with writing and film making. Anything tech related is hard I'll admit. Sculpting and engraving takes precision so that is on my list. Dancing I find hard ( cuz I can't dance)

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Deathstroker

F*cking drawing. Every artist has my respect because I can't draw for sh!t.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: That's cool, so you probably voted for all of them are equally difficult because one person may find one easier then another? Plus, different people are different.

I've done the following :Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Voice acting, Writing and music composing and rapping. IMO I find creating the music sounds and rapping a hell of a lot easier then singing and playing a musical instrument(from my experience). I used to draw more as a kid, but stopped a while ago now I just sculpt and paint(I only draw for conceptual reasons or for animated reasons) as far as "drawing for visual art" I find it harder then painting or sculpting(for me) Writing I've only written a few short stories, but I find it hard to start off a story...and voice acting I find is fun, but takes practice but being as how I can change my voice that helps give me an idea of what the character will sound like(also voice actors are given a photo usually which helps a lot)

Sports wise, I've played baseball and bowling. Baseball is really hard(in fact the most difficult thing in sports is hitting a baseball at 85-100 mph...) used to play baseball, and bowl more seriously. Bowling though I'm getting into again. Other sports I've played only for fun, but I do think all sports take a good level of physical performance, stamina, endurance and hand/eye coordination depending on the sport. One sport may be more physically demanding, while another more naturally demanding(like baseball standing hours in hot weather, no breaks and tests hand/eye coordination) Football not as much a reflex sport but more physically demanding with breaks in between. Soccer is probably the most stamina required sport.

Oh and I've done some martial arts too, but will get back into that again too. It helps if you're in shape to do martial arts and sports. This can make a huge difference for someone.

@maccyd: lol you just voted one and done huh? I've found out since I've made polls before. If it's a circular option(it's only one option) if it's square box, it's multiple choices(if that helps remember in the future :P ) which one did you vote for?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Thanks and as for my choice, with the right piece of writing you can change the world ;)

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I went with sculpting and architecture. Sculpting involves all skill from painting/drawing and engraving,etc. Except it's in a 3 dimensional medium and you need a little engineering because the sculpture has to support itself in order to last. Architecture has all of those elements plus a metric butt ton of math involved, so that's my two choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

People need to stop making these multiple choice if you're only supposed to pick one, I end up voting for everything.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vaeternus

@maccyd: nice, good choice for sure. One of my picks as well.

@silkyballfro94: Those were mine as well, and acting, writing and music I also picked. I keep getting you confused with this chick on here also with the name "silky" lol I keep getting you two confused. Forget her name but has silky in it lol.

@The_Deathstroker said:

F*cking drawing. Every artist has my respect because I can't draw for sh!t.

lol yeah man art is definitely challenging.

@squares: This is actually the first poll topic I've allowed multiple choices... ;) figured a topic like this would be difficult to narrow down to just one.

@comicace3 good point man, knowledge of martial arts can indeed save your life in a crucial situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Ohhh, ok.

Personally I don't really think it's fair to call one style of art easier or harder than the other. And I really can't believe people seem to think dance is so easy.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: lol yeah man that's why I wanted multiple choices especially to see what everyone really thinks after having the options to choose multiple choices.

I'm a little shocked at Acting and Dancing doesn't have more votes but who knows what this will be in a week lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: lol just realized you're a chick :P thought you were a guy, I'm sorry haha. But yeah we sure will! Fan of Zatanna huh? She was in injustice bet you played her huh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: It's fine, I get that a lot. Yeah, I'm a fan, and no, I've never played Injustice.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By marvel_boy2241

Any that takes years to do.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

I feel I would be overreaching to give an opinion, I only have experience with six of the options, and even if I had intimate knowledge on all of them, it would still be from my subjective standpoint.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Painting for me. I can draw in black and white, but the moment colors get thrown in I have to throw in the towel.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man 2 many choices but Martial Arts is the hardest one

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

What one person finds difficult, another finds easy. Everyone has their strengths and talents. They are all equally difficult, for different people.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Architecture and engineering. I tried engineering sucked at it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: Do you paint in colors?

What one person finds difficult, another finds easy. Everyone has their strengths and talents. They are all equally difficult, for different people.

Good answer ;)

@squares said:

@vaeternus: It's fine, I get that a lot. Yeah, I'm a fan, and no, I've never played Injustice.

Ahh, interesting. Perhaps you're not a gamer? Or maybe you're little? Not little lol young I mean lol :P

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I can't do any of that.

All?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Right here folks. Everyone has their own talents.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I'm a gamer, I just don't have much money for games and no desire to play games like Injustice.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vaeternus

@silverpool: Oh thought you were a painter from your comment :) you draw?

@squares said:

@vaeternus: I'm a gamer, I just don't have much money for games and no desire to play games like Injustice.

Ohh I see. Yeah, fighting games aren't usually too popular with the ladies(some like it) most don't play them though. But I love fighters MK, Injustice, Smash bros but can sit back and enjoy Mario as well, especially Super Mario Wii and Super Mario 3d world are very challenging at times.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vaeternus
SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JulieDC

I think they are all hard in their own ways. How challenging it is really comes down to how interested you are in the subject. The more you love it, the more you are willing to overlook the challenges or see them as feats to beat. If you lack interest, then the challenges are probably more or less an uphill battle and harder to overcome.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Drawing and painting, very very difficult skills that can take a lifetime to master.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I took an architecture class that was hard. So complicated for no reason.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drawing and painting by far. Artists amaze me because I suck at drawing so much and I find it very hard for me to draw something great while artists can draw and paint something amazing in 5 minutes. Lol

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vaeternus

@silverpool yeah dude just takes lots of practice, I only draw here and there and each time I see how rusty I am. But painting and sculpting I feel more confident in honestly these days.

@omega_ray_jay said:

Drawing and painting, very very difficult skills that can take a lifetime to master.

A lot of these can take a lifetime to master lol when you think about it. As someone who does the first three especially, they're all tough. I believe in some ways drawing is harder then painting, and in others sculpting is harder then both. Oil painting is very rewarding, as Bob Ross always says it's a very forgiving medium. You mess up, you can just paint over it. Sculpting and drawing depending on the mistake isn't that easy lol.

@dagmar_merrill said:

I took an architecture that was hard. So complicated for no reason.

Yeah dude, anything that requires a load of math will baffle me lol. I hated math and once I hit algebra, trig, calculus etc I barely passed. One year I had to go to summer school(but mostly cause the teacher had a dumb rule, pass my little friday quizzes and you pass) she didn't care about participation, cutting earlier days of the week or homework. Just her dumb little tests, did everything else and did 50/50 on her dumb tests so the bi#ch failed me. Wasn't all bad though, as all we had to do really for summer school was spend an hour, just show up and make an effort lol. I mean they had a gym sub teacher teaching us....lol was easy.

That's why sometimes with sculpting math can come into play, but nothing crazy. Just basic measurements which I can do with a ruler.

Sidenote:they say artists(usually artists of fine arts typically) aren't the best in math, historically speaking there were some famous artists who hated math or weren't the best in it lol. Go figure.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: true, I always found trying to rectify parts of a sculpture to be an interesting challenge. I also concur with the maths point, far from my strongest ability.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: true, I always found trying to rectify parts of a sculpture to be an interesting challenge. I also concur with the maths point, far from my strongest ability.

Yeah, that's my main art form(though getting into painting a lot again) I feel it depends on the clay you're using too, firmer clays that need heat lights, torches or kneading from the warmth of your hand can be annoying to work with. Some even require water to loosen it up a bit (usually the messier clays) I used to work with Van Aken oil clay, never dries great for claymation, smaller projects. But in the summer time it kind of melts or gets smudgy, some folks like harder sculpey which isn't bad if you want to make a permanent bust, figure etc. However, me I enjoy making stuff then taking videos, photos then destroying it and using it again and again for infinite projects. I do have a few busts I've made but sooner or later you run out of room lol. Yeah, sometimes I feel math just complicates things where an artist can just use his proper judgement with proportions etc, unless you're making a house out of clay lol.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I've done a little, attempted a sculpt of a batman cowl once and a small face but haven't had the chance to dive back into it, I used sculpey for those, pretty good stuff. I can imagine space would become a pretty big issue the more you make and the bigger, I do the same to with dimensions, take a somewhat educated guess and hope for the best!

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 14NC3

I'd go with film-making as it includes many of the other choices on the list (writing, music, CGI and sometimes martial arts, architecture and dancing) as well as direction and cinematography among many other jobs included in film-making. All of this takes many years of work and a lot of people in the process who each put a lot of effort in their area of work (for the most part).

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_ray_jay: Yeah, the hard sculpey isn't bad for smaller projects like that. If you want a HUGE bust or armature though, then you need other clay's. But I do like the polymer sculpey for smaller stuff, figurines, stuff like that. Yeah, a lot of stuff is really common sense or you can get a sense without measuring everything obsessively.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sculpturing. That kind of talent with your hands is amazing.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Architecture is the one that throws me off: lines....MATH! But I'm a-okay with a computer, art supplies and writing.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chibi_cute

in my own opinion probably graphic/digital arts etc.. as a graphic artist myself you are constantly challenged to improve and create.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: yeah math sucks lol

@hislolita: True I think sculpting gets underrated personally as someone who's had a lot of experience with it.