Which is better you think and had made video games what they are today, 2D games or 3D games?

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Screw Ds, it's all about the bits!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MKF30

Well, just a general question for ALL you GAMERS on here and I know there's a lot. Most of us on here are, so which do you feel? This is regardless of genre btw. 

So you can talk abour Mario, to SF to MK vs. Tekken and 3D GTA whatever... 

Or if you don't like 2D or 3D mainstream games, you can pick another

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MKF30
@Edamame said:

"C. LOL "

Ok, honest answer lol. There isn't any vote for C though? lol

@Decoy, ahh so you're about graphics I see but hot graphics means little with shitty gameplay regardless of 2D or 3D. But you see in fighting games cases, for example SF and MK...both didn't do NEARLY as well as their 2D versions, where as games like VF and Tekken have always been 3D so they've been more successful with that engine and thus have remained that way where as Capcom and Midway(now WB) tried to experiment and it just failed badly with SF EX and for MK did "alright" but not nearly as good as 2D MK's... 

Now if you take games like Mario Wii and the new DKC Returns for example, games like this PROVE clearly that 2D platformers>>everything else the graphics look hot, the gameplay is great and the games are both challenging and fun. 

So I think it really depends...racing games really outside of the over the head view to the behind the car view(which has existed since the mid 90's really) hasn't altered that much in terms of 2D vs. 3D, outside of improved graphics...gameplay wise, it's the same however more or less. 

So I think it really depends, do you like a game like classic Zelda vs. newer 3D Zelda, or WOW...games that are more free going based instead of overhead or 2D...you can really do certain things with 2D games that you can't do with 3D and vice versa.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

It depends of the game, but what care the most is the Gameplay.
And 2d games care more about that that of the graphics.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

2D versions of Sonic are better than anything else they've released.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I have favorites in both categories. 

Avatar image for thajuggernautkick
ThaJuggernautKick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThaJuggernautKick

Both for sure! 2D are great in certain genres but both are just as great in whatever genre they play in. I also like Cell-Shaded games because it is intermixed graphics of both 2d and 3d.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30
@Supreme Marvel said:

"2D versions of Sonic are better than anything else they've released. "

True, same deal with the Mario games...although Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy are great in their own right, I think Mario does bot 2D and 3D perfectly. Sonic though I totally agree, I don't like the 3D games NEARLY as much as the oldschool 2D. I feel the same way about MK and SF also.

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

"It depends of the game, but what care the most is the Gameplay. And 2d games care more about that that of the graphics. "

Good point, very true.  

@Thejuggernautkick, there are other games also like DKC, Mirror's Edge and MKvs.DCU and MK9 that don't use 3D cell shading yet look gorgeous in 3D yet may play 2D.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Darkseid Elite

I like both. I grew up on 2D games but when 3D came out I was blown away. When I look back I'd of never thought video games would be where they are today. Back then consoles only played games and you moved your character from left to right, now there's so many things you can do with consoles and the graphics are amazing. God Of War 3, Halo, Gears of War, a CoD, Oblivion...ect
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MKF30
@Darkseid Elite said:
"I like both. I grew up on 2D games but when 3D came out I was blown away. When I look back I'd of never thought video games would be where they are today. Back then consoles only played games and you moved your character from left to right, now there's so many things you can do with consoles and the graphics are amazing. God Of War 3, Halo, Gears of War, a CoD, Oblivion...ect "

Oh yeah, games have advanced and continue to...take the wii for example, they gambled with the motion controls and now look...everyone is doing it lol. It's just amazing how accurate a lot of the games like Wii Sports are coming from a real bowler I can easily say it's the best of the 3 despite 2D or 3D graphics/gameplay.  

But on the other gig, before the Halos and COD's there was Goldeneye..that game set the template for console FPS's....and speaking of the which the new one is sick! 

I remember way early on since I grew up in the 80's games like Wolfenstein and Doom, Quake etc were just the beginning, GE set the template and now we have Halo, COD etc.  

Racing games for the most part haven't changed THAT much aside from customization, online play(which just about every game has now days) and graphics since you can really go one way forward in a racing game lol. 

Fighters with SF, MK, etc began fighters with 2D then we saw Virtual Fighter, Tekken and DOA taking a 3D view on it... 

Platformers the same, games like GTA went from overhead to 3D free roam but the graphics for the most part have been pretty choppy for GTA the 3D games I mean outside of the newest one.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
2D Games set the stage... 

2.5 D Games are really awesome too though... I believe that sets in the Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter 4 department...
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MKF30

Games like SF 4, MVC3 and MK9 coming out though have 3D "graphics" but gameplay is 2D so it really depends what aspect you're breaking down KS ^ 

@Edamame
said:

" @MKF30 said:
" @Edamame said:

"C. LOL "

Ok, honest answer lol. There isn't any vote for C though? lol
LOL I forgot to vote. My mistake. "

lol no biggy :P 

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points