• 51 results
#1 Edited by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

Which series did you prefer? which villain did you like better? Freddy or Jason? which series was scarier?

#3 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

This is kinda tough. But I choose Jason Voorhees. He's a non-stop killer.
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddy had better kills but Jason had more boobs in his movies so tough call

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddy Stomps! Much more mature themes at play, plus the Dream Warriors was sick.

#6 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare on Elm Street. Jason is a stupid character and was to begin with

#7 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare on Elm Street started out better, but as both series went downhill Nightmare became nearly unwatchable to me and Friday the 13th became hilarious. I go with Friday the 13th.

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

A Nightmare on Elm Street only had two, maybe three good movies in it... As a series, Friday the 13th was better. But ANOES would stomp if it was just the first movie or two.

#9 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i choose nightmare on elm street. = )

that series had me creeped out and interested at the same time as a kid.

#10 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

13th as @joshmightbe: said "more boobs". Nightmare is a little more dated too.

#11 Posted by _slim_ (14274 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare on Elm Street.

#12 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

halloween series is better than both :P
#13 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio
@spartan92 said:
halloween series is better than both :P
Thank you! lol read my mind haha but out of these two have to go with Freddy, Jason=Myers biteoff lol
#14 Posted by King Saturn (225186 posts) - - Show Bio
A Nightmare On Elm Street was Slightly Better than Friday The 13th series IMO... 
#15 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

the voting is even right now..so bump!

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8096 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Freddy had better kills but Jason had more boobs in his movies so tough call
This. THIS, dammit!!!!!
#17 Posted by RisingBean (4778 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always partial to Friday the 13th.  As for being scared, neither of them take the cake. Micheal Myers and his damned expressionless mask is what creeped me out.
#18 Posted by KDarkholme (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Friday the 13th
#19 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason get's his hands dirty. So F13 FTW

#20 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the ANOES series had much more put into it, but Friday The 13th holds a special place next to my heart for various personal reasons.

#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

You can run from Jason. Not from Freddy. Ironically, that sh*t Elm Street gave me nightmares. Jason films just gave me wet dreams. And let's not even talk about Jason X.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad:  

You can run from Jason. Not from Freddy. Ironically, that sh*t Elm Street gave me nightmares. Jason films just gave me wet dreams. And let's not even talk about Jason X.

Usually people that run from Jason end up dying anyway due to his "I can appear around a corner somehow and kill you" ability, and technically, you can run from Freddy too, it's called waking up.
#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Pffft! Who wants to wake up?!?!? Sleeping is so good! Nyehehehehe!

#24 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Nightmare on elm Street series more. Friday the 13th series is ok, but freddys more badss.

#25 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason was so much better. Hell I dream up scary junk then Freddy once a week

#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Both suck.  

Halloween ftw. 

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare on Elm Street was far better for me in every way and I like Freddie more.

#28 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare was the better in my opinion though both pale compared to the mighty Helllraiser ( the comic is awesoem to)

#29 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_ said:
Nightmare on Elm Street.
#30 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightmare gets my vote Jason you can run from but you have to sleep sometime so Freddy will end up killing you in the end.

#31 Posted by Voorhees100 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Friday the 13th, Freddy was scary in the first couple of movies but after that he just did too much wise cracking, reminded me of the uncle at family reunions who always pulls you over and tells you lame jokes he thinks are funny, Jason though, he stayed scary through all the films, Just an unstoppable 6 ft 200 plus pound guy with a machete who was there to do one thing and one thing only, kill you, he couldn't be begged or bargined with.

#32 Posted by HolySerpent (12825 posts) - - Show Bio

Elm

#33 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Both suck. Halloween ftw.
#34 Posted by sharingan_eyes (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Friday series because Jason knew to keep his mouth shut and not be watered down by puns, I like Freddy, but come on, dressing up like a waiter? the Wicked Witch of the West?...And then doing Looney Tunes type kill gags? come on son.

#35 Posted by sabracadabra (629 posts) - - Show Bio

A Nightmare on Elm Street.

#36 Posted by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

i do not find freddy scary , jason while a lumbering simpleton was because he was ruthless, until pt 5 when he became a super-zombie then he sucked

#37 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddy is the better developed of the two, but I like Jason more so he gets my vote.

But frankly my favorite horror series belongs to Michael Myers and the Halloween team.

He Makes Kung Fu Noises
#38 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me first of all say that I absolutely love both series equally, however I believe Freddy's movies has alot more story and scarefactors while Jasons have a bigger "coolness" factor with all the different kinds of kills and being an unstoppable Juggernaut.

Its sort off like comparing an action game like Diablo against a Roleplaying game like Baldurs Gate, id wager BG with its deep story and immersion should be better but that doesnt make the hack'n'slash lootgrabbing any less fun in Diablo.

#39 Edited by Voorhees100 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpy bump.

#40 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18739 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to post a link to my thread but then realized this is a much older thread :)

Overall I prefer Friday the 13th films, there is alot more good than bad in them and I actually just enjoy them more. As for which killer I like better? Jason I like Freddy but Jason quite a bit more. Scarier? Gotta go with the Friday series as well its set in reality more so just comes off as scarier to me.

#41 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I felt like Freddy v.s Jason was actually the best of both series. So...I don't know

#42 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

I like Friday the 13th more

Jason is cooler

Nightmare on Elm Street is scarier

d-_-b

#43 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm cut off my arm why don't cha, can't choose

#44 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 5 80s horror

1. Nightmare on Elm St

2. Halloween

3. Hellraiser

4. Friday the 13th

5. Child's Play

#45 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 5 80s horror

1. Nightmare on Elm St

2. Halloween

3. Hellraiser

4. Friday the 13th

5. Child's Play

No American Werewolf in London or The Thing? But you have a movie from the 70s (Halloween) and a movie from the 90s (Childs Play)

#46 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: There were Halloween movies made in the eighties. Also Childs Play was made in 88. Do your research before trying to make someone else look stupid.

#47 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I felt like Freddy v.s Jason was actually the best of both series. So...I don't know

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

As a kid, Jason scared me far more than Freddy ever did. Freddy was almost humorous in the way he taunted his victims while Jason was always deadpan serious and never uttered a single word.

#49 Edited by Edamame (28401 posts) - - Show Bio

As a kid, Jason scared me far more than Freddy ever did. Freddy was almost humorous in the way he taunted his victims while Jason was always deadpan serious and never uttered a single word.

I agree with this post. With regards to personality, Jason is very similar to Michael Myers. Also, when I was younger, Jason's face (without the mask) used to scare me. Did you see Part 7?

#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

I agree with this post. With regards to personality, Jason is very similar to Michael Myers. Also, when I was younger, Jason's face (without the mask) used to scare me. Did you see Part 7?

Michael is by far the scariest for me, especially when considering the Rob Zombie remake when he was basically seven feet tall.

The last Jason film I've seen was Freddy vs Jason :P