Which country currently has the more powerful military?

• 136 results
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Russia.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Russia....don't mess with them.

Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Formidable 1

China has the more powerful military because of sheer numbers. They can call up a fighting force of 200 million and have the largest conventional army that exists today. If they instituted a draft they could muster up many more troops.

The sheer numbers more than offset any  technological advantage that the Russians have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

China have more than billion of people ,that's one of reason my country afraid of.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Formidable 1 said:
" China has the more powerful military because of sheer numbers. They can call up a fighting force of 200 million and have the largest conventional army that exists today. If they instituted a draft they could muster up many more troops.  The sheer numbers more than offset any  technological advantage that the Russians have. "
Yeah China out-resourced Japan too in the WWII era....ever heard of the Rape of Nanking? Russia has superior training, superior gear, they're tougher, and Russia is a more desolate hard to invade country, it's never been conquered. Both Napoleon and Hitler stalled out when attacking Russia, and both of those opponents were a more powerful fighting machine than China. China's air force is abysmal. The sheer amount of men will not be the deciding factor....it will draw it out a lot longer, but it won't give them the win.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormultt

Love me some hot russian men.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Edamame:  I don't count that ...it wasn't really it's own nation back then and I still don't think they conquered ALL of it.
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Formidable 1
@Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
" China has the more powerful military because of sheer numbers. They can call up a fighting force of 200 million and have the largest conventional army that exists today. If they instituted a draft they could muster up many more troops.  The sheer numbers more than offset any  technological advantage that the Russians have. "
Yeah China out-resourced Japan too in the WWII era....ever heard of the Rape of Nanking? Russia has superior training, superior gear, they're tougher, and Russia is a more desolate hard to invade country, it's never been conquered. Both Napoleon and Hitler stalled out when attacking Russia, and both of those opponents were a more powerful fighting machine than China. China's air force is abysmal. The sheer amount of men will not be the deciding factor....it will draw it out a lot longer, but it won't give them the win. "
Yes. After what happened in WWII China made sure it's military would be a force to be reckoned with. Prior to that they were using inferior weapons and had very few trained soldiers. They have not been attacked since. 

Napoleon and hitler were strategical morons and quite insane.  Even with the ineptness of napoleon and hitler, the bitter cold of russia was what won the day for them and their casualties were in the millions. Hitler Only had 2 millions or so troops Russia had 12 million and they were still losing badly. The winter is what saved them. If it wasn't for that they would have been obliterated. The op did not state that China would invade russia or vice versa

Chinas conventional military is second to none.

Russia could not even defeat Afghanistan....a country of 27 million...china has 10 times as many soldiers (200,000,000) in its standing army than Afghanistan has in its entire population

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no war is the best ,i hope every one is anti-war  philosophy 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dyIMhG4J4 
sum 41-still waiting
So am I still waiting,
For this world to stop hating?
Can't find a good reason.
Can't find hope to believe in.

Drop dead a bullet to my head.
Your words are like a gun in hand,
You can't change the state of the nation,
We just need some motivation.

These eyes have seen no conviction.
Just lies and more contradiction,
So tell me what would you say?
I'd say it's time
too late

So am I still waiting,
Can't find hope to believe in.

Ignorance and understanding,
We're the first ones to jump in line.
Out of step for what we believe in,
But who's left to stop the bleeding?

How far will we take this?
It's not hard to see through the fakeness
So tell me what would you say?
I'd say it's time
too late

So am I still waiting,
Can't find hope to believe.

This can't last forever.
Time won't make things better.
I feel so alone,
Can't help myself,
And no one knows,
If this is worthless,
Tell me [Echo x3]
SO!

What have we done?
with a war that can't be won!
This can't be real!
I don't know what to feel!

So am I still waiting,
Can't find hope to believe!

So am I still waiting,
Can't find a good reason,
For this world to BELIEVE!

Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
They can call up a fighting force of 200 million and have the largest conventional army that exists today
I thought it was Iran with 11 million soldiers?

No. China has a standing army of 200 million making it the largest.
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
 Chinas conventional military is second to none.
? "
Because of Chinas numbers and vast amounts of tanks, weapons, ordinance and missiles....a cheap rpg is still a formidable weapon against tanks and armored vehicles...its how the Afghanies defeated the russians...imagine millions of these.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Formidable 1 said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
Yeah China out-resourced Japan too in the WWII era....ever heard of the Rape of Nanking? Russia has superior training, superior gear, they're tougher, and Russia is a more desolate hard to invade country, it's never been conquered. Both Napoleon and Hitler stalled out when attacking Russia, and both of those opponents were a more powerful fighting machine than China. China's air force is abysmal. The sheer amount of men will not be the deciding factor....it will draw it out a lot longer, but it won't give them the win. "
Yes. After what happened in WWII China made sure it's military would be a force to be reckoned with. Prior to that they were using inferior weapons and had very few trained soldiers. They have not been attacked since. 

Napoleon and hitler were strategical morons and quite insane.  Even with the ineptness of napoleon and hitler, the bitter cold of russia was what won the day for them and their casualties were in the millions. Hitler Only had 2 millions or so troops Russia had 12 million and they were still losing badly. The winter is what saved them. If it wasn't for that they would have been obliterated. The op did not state that China would invade russia or vice versa.   Chinas conventional military is second to none. Russia could not even defeat Afghanistan....a country of 27 million...china has 10 times as many soldiers (200,000,000) in its standing army than Afghanistan has in its entire population "
They have not been attacked since. They are not of any strategic value in any war that has happened since then. Sure their superior size is going to scare off small countries, but Russia is one of the toughest, and most experienced nations in the world. 

Hitler was a strategical moron and insane, Napoleon was strategically very good and slightly insane. Nonetheless their armies conquered dozens of other countries with little problem. Nazi Germany conquered all of Europe and half of Northern Africa save for a few special exceptions. Sure they had Italy's help, but we all saw how effective Italy actually was ( let me give you a clue they weren't lol). Even with Hitler making the HORRIBLE decision to double cross Stalin, AND all the Allied forces coming together and trying to crush them from both sides they still almost weren't defeated. It's not like China wouldn't have to deal with the Winter either ( providing that they were the invading force). So if they were the invading force you would still have to take the Russian winter. 

IMO it all comes down to who invades who. The invader is going to lose.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish i could say Russia, but since Russia is not URRS anymore i have to say China. 
China have more people and a better economy.

Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Formidable 1

Yes. Chinas indeed spends the second highest amount on their military. And they have been beefing up their air force for the past 5 years or more.

We spend a lot but get fleeced by our contractors who used lobbyists to put government officials in office that would allow them to fleece us. We are likely paying 10 times or more what the actual costs are.

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@ka385385: its sad to say but war is a necessary evil with out war there cant be peace... war has it's economic benefits... that pull many country's out of finical crisis's sure it also put many into crisis it often kills alot of people but also produces baby booms as well its just the whole ying and yang of it all.. we just got to accept it
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By N7_Normandy
@Formidable 1 said:
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Formidable 1
@Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1 said:

Napoleon and hitler were strategical morons and quite insane.  Even with the ineptness of napoleon and hitler, the bitter cold of russia was what won the day for them and their casualties were in the millions. Hitler Only had 2 millions or so troops Russia had 12 million and they were still losing badly. The winter is what saved them. If it wasn't for that they would have been obliterated. The op did not state that China would invade russia or vice versa.   Chinas conventional military is second to none. Russia could not even defeat Afghanistan....a country of 27 million...china has 10 times as many soldiers (200,000,000) in its standing army than Afghanistan has in its entire population "
They have not been attacked since. They are not of any strategic value in any war that has happened since then. Sure their superior size is going to scare off small countries, but Russia is one of the toughest, and most experienced nations in the world.  Hitler was a strategical moron and insane, Napoleon was strategically very good and slightly insane. Nonetheless their armies conquered dozens of other countries with little problem. Nazi Germany conquered all of Europe and half of Northern Africa save for a few special exceptions. Sure they had Italy's help, but we all saw how effective Italy actually was ( let me give you a clue they weren't lol). Even with Hitler making the HORRIBLE decision to double cross Stalin, AND all the Allied forces coming together and trying to crush them from both sides they still almost weren't defeated. It's not like China wouldn't have to deal with the Winter either ( providing that they were the invading force). So if they were the invading force you would still have to take the Russian winter.  IMO it all comes down to who invades who. The invader is going to lose. "
They have great strategical and resource value. They are simply too powerful.

hitler conquered many contries because the other countries used antiquated weapons and tanks and had very few trained soldiers.

The Russians BARELY held off the germans and the germans had a 2 million man army (not all of which were fighting russia at the time)...Russia could not stand a 200 million man onslaught whether it be winter or spring. And the chinese have better protection form the elements now than the germans did back then.

Yes. Russia and the allies were almost defeated by a smaller army in winter. A larger force with winter gear will decimate russia.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Formidable 1 said:
Russia had the German Army outnumbered by the millions in WWII, and yet they still lost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oiHooliganismoi:
we can't said that to soldier and martyr's family.
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Formidable 1
@Slight said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
Russia had the German Army outnumbered by the millions in WWII, and yet they still lost. "
Ummm Russia won.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By turoksonofstone

China CarrierDestroyerMisslestomp.

Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1: It is a bit disconcerting. Why is China spending so much money on its military? Are they preparing for war and if so, then with whom? "
China would like to take over the world yes. And they want to deter others from attacking.

The US (my country) is the one engaged in empire however and has been since WWII. We are the ones taking over peoples countries.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Formidable 1: NICE av btw....and I'll stick by my assertion that the invading  army loses. It's all about ho is defending their homeland, who can fight that Geurilla war, and is better trained (IMO Russia)
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Formidable 1

@oiHooliganismoi said:

" @ka385385: its sad to say but war is a necessary evil with out war there cant be peace... war has it's economic benefits... that pull many country's out of finical crisis's sure it also put many into crisis it often kills alot of people but also produces baby booms as well its just the whole ying and yang of it all.. we just got to accept it "

@Edamame said:

Actually, I personally think that engaging in wars is a human trait, but that is just my thought on the matter. We are violent by nature, quite often. "

Actually war is a tool used by a select few to garner resources and power througout the world. They use us as pawns for their own evil agendas but their children never have to fight.
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Edamame: your absolutely right its not just human nature......... its nature period......... insects go to war all the time
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Formidable 1: wars will always happen no matter who is in charge man...... people fight, people will disagree on things, wars will happen its just life nothing we say or do will change that. we can disagree  and disapprove all we like but wars will still happen
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Formidable 1
@Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1: NICE av btw....and I'll stick by my assertion that the invading  army loses. It's all about ho is defending their homeland, who can fight that Geurilla war, and is better trained (IMO Russia) "
Thanks. You should research chinas army and training regimen..it is second to none as well.

Sheer numbers and amount of ordinance and missiles and tanks, etc wins for China whether invading or defending against invasion. But that is my opinion as well and I hope we never have to find out.
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
" @Edamame said:

China would like to take over the world yes. And they want to deter others from attacking.  The US (my country) is the one engaged in empire however and has been since WWII. We are the ones taking over peoples countries. "
Really? I thought that China wanted to dominate the world economically. Not militarily.    True. America has actually been called a hyperpower. Not even a superpower. LOL "
They most assuredly want both. 

America is more than a hyperpower. We are a war-mongering empire.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Formidable 1 said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Formidable 1: NICE av btw....and I'll stick by my assertion that the invading  army loses. It's all about ho is defending their homeland, who can fight that Geurilla war, and is better trained (IMO Russia) "
Thanks. You should research chinas army and training regimen..it is second to none as well.  Sheer numbers and amount of ordinance and missiles and tanks, etc wins for China whether invading or defending against invasion. But that is my opinion as well and I hope we never have to find out. "
I agree. Read a lot of G.I. Joe?
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Formidable 1
@oiHooliganismoi said:
" @Formidable 1: wars will always happen no matter who is in charge man...... people fight, people will disagree on things, wars will happen its just life nothing we say or do will change that. we can disagree  and disapprove all we like but wars will still happen "
War will always happen as long as we allow these few to dictate and control things. We can change things. There are countries that were very warlike who made changes. Others can as well. 

People are being pitted against one another by a select few who lust for power and control. The many can simply not follow their edicts. 

But with the mentality that you have you will not be a help in facilitating that change as you have given in and given over your power and free will.
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
" @Edamame said:

They most assuredly want both.   America is more than a hyperpower. We are a war-mongering empire. "
 Really? I doubt they can militarily.   LOL. Can't get more than a hyperpower. "
They can defeat some countries...just not ours as of yet.

And yes you can get more than hyperpower= omnipower or omnipotent power or ultimate power.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pr_Beyonder

China has it made 
A population of over 1 billion 
and our U.S.A is dependant on China for economic support so  they should sustain a pretty stable economy 
Money for funding and population should give them a great edge. 

Russia has the edge for land battles in thier homeland. 
Also on training. 
But I doubt 1 Russian would be better than 10+ Chinese units.  
I mean come on,nest to Alexander the Great you rarely(note I didn't say never.) hear about an army of say 40,000 defeating an army of around 300,000
Formidable 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Formidable 1
@Edamame said:
" @Formidable 1 said:
" @Edamame said:

They can defeat some countries...just not ours as of yet.  And yes you can get more than hyperpower= omnipower or omnipotent power or ultimate power. "
China would have trouble taking over Europe. LOL.  America is starting to lose that power right now. Starting with China.  China wants America out of the South China Sea. That is why we are trying to develop stronger relationships with Vietnam now. "
Yes. I am aware of the sad state of current affairs unfortunately. My only point was that they could achieve victories militarily against many countries.

And i am aware of the power struggle and positioning and posturing by china. My only point there was that there can be a greater power than  a "hyper power".

With that stated i have enjoyed the conversations and debates all.
Good evening to you all.
/exits thread.
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

ur wrong sir about my mentality... im just a realist ... wars happened before i was born while im alive and will happen after im long dead in the ground ... its a part of life... war is not a man made concept wars happen between animals and insects as well... if there is something to fight for weather pointless in ur eyes or my eyes  or anybodies, if their is  enough people to back that reason a war will happen....

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By iLLituracy

Psh. America, duh.

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@Edamame:
Not sure,they have the potential;if they focused on military as much as our country,they could easily have any country in the world out gunned. 
U.S.A is only at the top since the military is a huge thing here. 
  China is mainly (not only)concerned about having a plan incase there's an invasion.    
..............so yeah... they would catch up pretty quickly if they wanted to =I.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tensor

usa 
china
russia