• 59 results
Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) 9 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Which cartoon series in the 80's was better, Transformers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? (44 votes)

TMNT 52%
Transformers 41%
Neither, I hated both of them so other cartoon insert here 7%

I know not all of us were around during these times, but if you're like me an oldschooler or someone who's not exactly that young lol you probably watched one or both of these great shows!

So which was better for you, TMNT or Transformers?

#1 Posted by The Stegman (25072 posts) - - Show Bio

I was born in 91...and I had no interest in watching cartoons that came out before then. But, I like TMNT overall as a franchise more.

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18437 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by The Stegman (25072 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MrDirector786 (43611 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen the 80s TMNT so I can't say.

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT by far!

#6 Posted by Xwraith (19413 posts) - - Show Bio

I was born in 91...and I had no interest in watching cartoons that came out before then. But, I like TMNT overall as a franchise more.

From what I've heard, most cartoons from the 80s aren't actually that good.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (43753 posts) - - Show Bio

The 80s TMNT looks corny. 2003 series all day!

#8 Posted by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

EASILY TRANSFORMERS. Although looking back at a lot of 80's cartoons what was I thinking. =)

#9 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@the_stegman said:

From what I've heard, most cartoons from the 80s aren't actually that good.

F**K That. Ducktales >>>> most cartoons from 1990 onward

Seriously, it wasn't that they were great really, it was more that the American animation industry was revolutionized during this time through its correlation of selling toys through its shows.

#10 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: The animation, voice acting wasn't nearly as good as today. This is true, however there were a good handful of solid 80's cartoons as with any era there are the solid ones and bad ones.

Among the better ones were:

-Transformers

-TMNT

-ThunderCats

-Heathcliff

-Garfield

-Voltron

-Alvin and the Chipmunks

-G.I. Joe

-Ducktales

#11 Posted by Xwraith (19413 posts) - - Show Bio

-Ducktales

I was going to say Ducktales was probably the best of its era.

The three that followed it (Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, and Darkwing Duck) were also good.

#12 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

My list:

Transformers second gen (the one with rod-amus prime as leader)

She-Ra (the girls were so HOT!)

The real Ghostbusters

He-man

Gi-Joe

JEM and the Halograms

#13 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Yeah, I think those though were early 90's the others you listed Talespin and DD but Chip & Dale was 89 forgot about that one.

My personal favs were Ducktales, Transformers, TMNT and C & D rescue rangers.

#14 Posted by russellmania77 (15676 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefered both shows that came out in 2003

#15 Posted by superstay (10165 posts) - - Show Bio

I like TMNT more...

d^_^b

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i liked both nearly the same

#17 Posted by patrat18 (10188 posts) - - Show Bio

Autobots roll out.

#18 Posted by Darling_Luna (4179 posts) - - Show Bio

Thundercats

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Autobots roll out.

Decepticons, retreat!

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

Autobots roll out.

Decepticons, retreat!

lol the movie almost made me cry when i was little when Optimus died lol

#21 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@patrat18 said:

Autobots roll out.

Decepticons, retreat!

lol the movie almost made me cry when i was little when Optimus died lol

Apparently that happened to alot of kids, at least he came back......

#22 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved both but TMNT stomps!

#23 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

This! Even named one of my dad's turtles Donatello when I was little. =D

#24 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: True. That was awesome I was so happy when he came back lol.

@bruxae said:

This! Even named one of my dad's turtles Donatello when I was little. =D

Really? Interesting! I remember watching TMNT for breakfast before school lol and Transformers when I got home. Have you guys seen the crossover movie? Turtles Forever?That was awesome lol @ the oldschool turtles kicking the 80's and 03's turtles butts bad lol

#25 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: There's a crossover movie? =O I don't think I've seen! I love both Transformers and TMNT but, prefer TMNT just a bit more. I actually used to think the turtles were real in the live action movies to be honest. XD Didn't think they were costumes. Used to watch on VHS tapes since my older siblings grew up on it. Donatello's still my favorite though!

#26 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow 50/50 dead heat lol.

@samimista said:

@vaeternus: There's a crossover movie? =O I don't think I've seen! I love both Transformers and TMNT but, prefer TMNT just a bit more. I actually used to think the turtles were real in the live action movies to be honest. XD Didn't think they were costumes. Used to watch on VHS tapes since my older siblings grew up on it. Donatello's still my favorite though!

Yeah man, you didn't see it?! It's on youtube :) The 80's turtles travel through the Technodrome into the 2003 TMNT universe lol then later on they all go to Turtles Prime universe of the oldschool turtles black and white comics(those turtles are mean lol) There's also Kraang and two Shredders lol and Kurai. Two Aprils and Casey lol and two splinters.

Here there's two versions, the TV version and uncut version :)

#27 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Ah man! I had no idea about this. Thank you so much. =D How have you been? Christmas went well?

#28 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25567 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Ah man! I had no idea about this. Thank you so much. =D How have you been? Christmas went well?

Sure dude, anytime ;) it went ok how about yours? Good? But yeah enjoy the movie, it's great lol.

#30 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

Sure dude, anytime ;) it went ok how about yours? Good? But yeah enjoy the movie, it's great lol.

Aw it went well mate! Got a Thor: Dark World poster. =D Am glad the day is over though. xD Lots of cooking was done!

#31 Edited by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by King Saturn (224455 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles easy...

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Yeah I bet lol. Holidays can be stressful too.

How was the Thundercat remake? Heard it wasn't bad but got canned.

#34 Posted by FearTheLiving (3568 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't born in the 80s so I didn't see them when they were on TV, but I prefer TMNT.

#35 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

I really loved the remake to be honest. It had an Avatar feel to it? Least I thought so with the cities.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22229 posts) - - Show Bio

The 80s TMNT looks corny. 2003 series all day!

I couldn't get passed 2 episodes, but the old turtles were hilarious in the crossover move, I lmao when they used garbage cans as weapons.

#37 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

I really loved the remake to be honest. It had an Avatar feel to it? Least I thought so with the cities.

Which remake the 03 or current? But yeah I love it, like a mix of the 03 and 80's show IMO with hints of movie feel to it.

#38 Posted by RoyceLunar (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Transformers

#39 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: LMAO yeah that was funny. Hey it worked against once of the Shredders lmao

#40 Edited by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the one TMNT winning????

#41 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@xaa said:

Wow the one TMNT winning????

This was actually tied at one point, big turn here lol

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since I watched that more than I did with Transformers.

#43 Edited by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT was overall better quality but Transformers was amazing as it aired in my country in the early 90's so i could watch TMNT Transformers & X-men before school :).The other thing that ruined the 80's Transformers was continuing after the animated film since most characters were dead as it just got worse & worse as it went .

#44 Posted by Deadpooling (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... Yeah!

#45 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpooling: Just a heads up that cursing to that magnitude isn't allowed as text, images, or gifs. It's allowed in videos though.

#46 Edited by Deadpooling (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpooling: Just a heads up that cursing to that magnitude isn't allowed as text, images, or gifs. It's allowed in videos though.

Nice one, I come from a land of forums that are a little less restrictive with that stuff.

#47 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Nice one, I come from a land of forums that are a little less restrictive with that stuff.

No problem dude.

#48 Posted by DarkLordArgeist (587 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18414 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Transformers. Even in regards to the G1 series. Transformers are infinitely better than mutant turtles.

The voice cast of G1 alone is much superior to the original Turtles series too.

#50 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Thundercats wasn't bad but I don't think it could compete with either of these two honestly.

I prefer Transformers. Even in regards to the G1 series. Transformers are infinitely better than mutant turtles.

The voice cast of G1 alone is much superior to the original Turtles series too.

lol I noticed you're a HUGE Transformer fan huh? :P You're like hardcore like I am with MK lol. Have to admit, Peter Cullen is epic! I can't imagine any other Optimus, even though I think Gary Chalk is a good Optimus, I thought he sounded like a decendent of Cullen's Prime.