where you were or what you were doing when 9/11 happened?

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By artgamer

i hope the mods no lock this, this is no disrespectful, is just to discuss

i remember i was in the supermarket, buying some groceries with my parents (i was like 12) and i was watching the TV of the supermarket and suddenly all was breaking news and i was like WTF is happening...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I was in school. Then suddenly a teacher tells us the twin towers have fallen.

And then I was like "WTF are the twin towers?"

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

I think there is already a thread about it but could be wrong.

Anyway I was home watching TV when we were informed by the breaking news for this.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ms__omega

Heading to the kitchen for breakfast and right when i turned around to the tv the plane hit the second tower spit orange juice all over the place.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

I actually don't know. I was about 9 at the time and I only heard (took any notice) about 2-3 days after it happened so I have no idea what I was doing. Probably at school.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Space_Coyote

I was getting ready to go to my morning class which got cancelled.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By RedQueen

Walking home from school, then when I got home it was all over the news. I was only 8 at the time.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

I was all ready for my second grade class. My parents were glued to the t.v. At that time I had no idea what was going on.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IZZR

I had just finished my first day at high school.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Inverno

I was in school but got home earlier because I had finished my exams that day. I wanted to tune into the cartoons that morning... but they were transmitting the tragedy in channel. I was eleven at the time.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

It was just before dawn and I was nine years old. I just sat cross-legged in front of the television and stared for hours - listening to the air traffic above me because the United States had re-directed all their flights to Canadian cities.

Nothing has ever affected me so deeply as a human being.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to my father's to make him breakfast when I saw the second tower go down on the television, I think.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross

I believe it happened when i was asleep and when i woke up it was the first thing i saw in the newspaper, a big picture of two towers smoking. And i spend the rest of the day just watching the news, hoping for good news that people were alright.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#14  Edited By TheCannon

I was in day care.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Xanni15

I was watching TV and eating breakfast when the news broke in, then it turned to shock that people could be driven to such acts.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By BumpyBoo

I was 16, in my friend's house. The three of us were arguing over a music video that was on, because two of us liked it and one of us didn't....Then the phone rang and my mum said "You have to turn over the TV right now. You're not gonna believe what's happened." So we turned over, and the second one hit. We just sat there in stunned silence.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Vortex13

I was on a wooded hill doing ecology stuff for our sixth grade science class. When we got back from the hill the another teacher told us what happened. We turned on the news and watched the towers get hit by the plains over and over again. Two kids in the class asked me what the twin towers were because apparently I was regarded as one of the more informed people in the class, I told them that it was a place where a lot of businesses worked that w ere important for the economy. They got a second opinion from easily the smartest person in the class who basically said the same thing and that annoyed me because apparently they didn't trust what I said. My dad was actually in new york that day working, he wasn't near the trade centers thankfully but it was still scary for me since I didn't actually know where he was in new york. They stopped doing work when the business and he came home. It took a long time for him to get home though because of all the security checks in the city leaving. But he had called ahead. My mom knew he wasn't working near the trade centers but I was still in school so I didn't know until I got home if he was safe. I live in mass so he had a long drive and he had called ahead to let my mom know he was fine. But I didn't know this until I got home after school at like three thirty.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By BumpyBoo

@Vortex13 said:

I was on a wooded hill doing ecology stuff for our sixth grade science class. When we got back from the hill the another teacher told us what happened. We turned on the news and watched the towers get hit by the plains over and over again. Two kids in the class asked me what the twin towers were because apparently I was regarded as one of the more informed people in the class, I told them that it was a place where a lot of businesses worked that w ere important for the economy. They got a second opinion from easily the smartest person in the class who basically said the same thing and that annoyed me because apparently they didn't trust what I said. My dad was actually in new york that day working, he wasn't near the trade centers thankfully but it was still scary for me since I didn't actually know where he was in new york. They stopped doing work when the business and he came home. It took a long time for him to get home though because of all the security checks in the city leaving. But he had called ahead. My mom knew he wasn't working near the trade centers but I was still in school so I didn't know until I got home if he was safe. I live in mass so he had a long drive and he had called ahead to let my mom know he was fine. But I didn't know this until I got home after school at like three thirty.

I can't even imagine how scary that must have been. Glad it turned out OK :D

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GodOfMischief

I think I was walking home from school at the time, then I think my mum told me. I can't remember the time difference between the US and UK so it would've been about 3 o clock when I heard.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

I was getting ready for work.

But thanks for reminding me. I need to wish someone a happy b-day.

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By artgamer

@TheCannon: lol, how old are you?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By YoungJustice

Sucking my moms nip most likely.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I was in first grade. We had french toast for lunch. I remember hearing something about it, but I wasn't concerned. I had no idea what it meant. The next day we learned all about it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

#24  Edited By TheCannon

@ArtGamer said:

@TheCannon: lol, how old are you?

Right now 13.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By SoA

@ArtGamer: i was in class (freshman in HS) when our principal announced that a plane struck one of the towers , my teacher's face was in complete horror something that ill never forget and my classmates where all looking at each other confused , when the announcment came that a second plane had struck and that the towers collapsed i cut class and went home (my father worked not far from there at the time) of course with this happening cell/ phone signals were jammed and busy so i was so worried that my dad could be hurt or worse , i was relieved to have him call me after 4 hours of thinking the worst and i do not think i watched the news harder in my life before or since.

the reason i worried (idk if you know this) is that there was a subway stop (a major one at the time) that was underneath one of the towers, this was where people coming from NJ enter NYC , there was a shopping area and a few restaurants where my dad usually had lunch so that's why i was worried and thought the worst. luckily he was off that day (parent divorced and i didnt live with him thats why it took so long to confirm where he was)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Blood1991

I was only eight when it happened and didn't learn until my mom picked me up from school crying. I still didn't really understand the whole thing until a year later.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I believe I was in school I was 10. The teachers got us to make a circle around the class room and discuss how we felt about it. In retrospect it felt like they were telling us how to feel rather than ask for our opinion. It's depressing to think about what happeed that day, but its even more depressing thining about the events which followed...

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By superstay

@ArtGamer:

I was sitting at my dinning table doing my History work(I was home school). d-_-b

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I was only 2 at my house probably.

I don't remember any details.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By PowerHerc

Sleeping in.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By agent9149

I was in second grade. I live in NYC, so you can imagine the panic and fear that was rampant around. I remember leaving school early. Not knowing what was happening and then seeing it on t.v. Its a terrible thing to see that much destruction so close to home.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By kuonphobos

Installing a bathtub.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers