Where would you sleep if you were homeless?

• 95 results
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By ccraft

@scorpion2501: Yeah I honestly think I would, I don't need much to be happy. Just a little money to eat and somewhere to lay my head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@ccraft: I thought the same way like you did at first, but it's just miserable. Believe me when I say, you're not happy when you're basically starving and having to deal with -16 degrees and frostbite.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

At your mom's house. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Sick buuuuurn! #owned #roastmastergeneral #ineedfriends

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ccraft

@scorpion2501: I think being homeless can be done right with the proper know how and equipment. I wouldn't think of it as being homelessness, more like living under the roof of the sun and stars. If I was homeless by choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I'm really scratching my head at the thought of being homeless by choice, but maybe I'm just bitter. Well, if you think you'd be happier, more power to you ^__^.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: I'm a very complicated person, you wouldn't understand ^_^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I probably would if I were to spend some time with you, I know a thing or two about people :)

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: Where else could a depressed person go but into the loving arms of mother nature? diogenes of sinope could have been rich if he chose, yet he simply said this "Stand out of my light.".

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@sc: Aw, Sean. I am sorry about your family problems. *hugs* You really do remind me of Keanu Reeves with how humbled you are. Were you ever scared about sleeping at a beach/park?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Everybody has different ways of coping with depression, personally, nature does nothing for me. The loving arms of mother nature are like thorns most of the time. But I can certainly see how it would positively effect some people, but for others it just doesn't do the trick.

Thanks for elaborating with your example of Diogenes though, I understand where you're coming from a little better now.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Behind the thrift store. There's comfy un-sellable couches back there.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501:

"Nature rests me, I always find a calm with nature that I seek in vain everywhere else, and no matter how great my perturbation, she never fails to bring me peace"

Maybe we're just two different people *sigh*

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At my house

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: the Sally, or Salvation Army as the people with hones call it, is 3 to 7 dollars a night in most cities and they let you in at 5 at night and they kick you out at 4 30 am. I know because I was a drifter for 11 years. So good luck freezing at 4 30 am for your last few dollars of food money.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A treehouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a family member, or in a graveyard. No ones gonna go in a graveyard at night and rob me. Or I'd go to a homeless person shelter or something like that

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By slimj87d

@tbemrmccoy: Salvation army is one of the worst organizations in the world. Look up how much money the higher ups make. There are all kinds of bad statistics you can find about them.

There are better organizations out there. Maybe they're not available in all areas, but here are some statistics. Scroll to the part that talks about "bedding."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501 said:

@ccraft said:

This makes me think I'd be much happier homeless, all I really need is water, a book to read, and the sunlight.

Believe me, you wouldn't be happier...It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had to deal with.

If it was that bad then you did it wrong, I've been homeless for at least half my life & I loved it but I know how to survive in the wilderness indefinitely. I did it in Austin & Galveston TX as well & that wasn't so bad but the woods are the way to go.

jeanSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember driving past down town LA and I saw all these homeless people on the streets but there was this bridge with like little arches where it seemed like a roof and I told myself I'd love to sleep there if I was homeless

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember driving past down town LA and I saw all these homeless people on the streets but there was this bridge with like little arches where it seemed like a roof and I told myself I'd love to sleep there if I was homeless

NO...Dumb ass kids have been known to douse the homeless in gasoline & lite them on fire just for fun.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I should know a thing or two about being "homeless." I've been in that situation countless amount of times.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under a bridge

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Probably in my parents' house until I got enough scratch for a deposit and a new pad. Either that, or in a house made out of lootcrate boxes on a vacant lot. Speaking of which, my new one came today... SUPERFIGHT!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

Behind the thrift store. There's comfy un-sellable couches back there.

And bedbugs. Those couches are probably full of 'em.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some tips:

Card board boxes outside well lit churches, plaza church by Union Station for example. bus stops are good suggestions, sleep in an upright position on the bench and on the occasion a cop walks by you can pretend that you were waiting for your bus and fell asleep. Make sure to sleep with your money in your boxers/briefs/tighty-whiteys; it sounds gross but you're also much less likely to get robbed.

-DatHomie

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Chibi_cute

I'd sleep on a hospital pretending i'm guarding a patient.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77  Edited By mickey-mouse

@slimj87d said:

You guys are aware there are shelters and housing for homeless people to sleep in right?

Have you ever stayed been in a shelter? They suck pretty badly. If you have kids, you have to watch out consistently for predators. In fact a lot of shelters for that specif reason have gone the way of females & kids only. So if you are a homeless male over the age of 18 you're often **** outta luck.

My wife was homeless for a while when her mom ran into trouble when they lived in FL. It's not somewhere you wanna be.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beach is probably the best location, and the most prettiest. I would stay close to a bridge just in case if it rains. When it rains at the beach, it rains hard.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd sleep on a hospital pretending i'm guarding a patient.

Actually the ER waiting room is a good spot, just act like your sick and you can sleep there for a good while.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At my friends house.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

You didn't say anything about being broke right? Probably a motel.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go tribal:

No Caption Provided

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In a van down by the river.

AZTERIX_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd rob one Big-5, then go off the grid forever: training to become Batman in my local state park, doing the things a sane man with things to lose would never do.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go to Vegas and sleep in beautiful hotels, since all that we assume here is that we are homeless, it doesn't specify being poor.

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents house

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know of a warehouse nearby that's filled with boxes and easy to hide in, and it doesn't seem to be locked usually. (I hung out there alot when I was younger)

I am not sure how often it's used so it might be risky, but as long as im quiet I should be fine, there's not many other options due to how small this town is, and i'd probably die from the cold if I slept outside.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By dshipp17

@tbemrmccoy said:

@slimj87d: the Sally, or Salvation Army as the people with hones call it, is 3 to 7 dollars a night in most cities and they let you in at 5 at night and they kick you out at 4 30 am. I know because I was a drifter for 11 years. So good luck freezing at 4 30 am for your last few dollars of food money.

I can tell that you know what you're talking about. When I was between school and work in 2001, I had to go homeless for like 6 months, because I have a dysfunctional relationship with my mother, who has a dysfunctional relationship with my father who was living in a separate state from me. I lost my place as a student at Washington University in St. Louis; I had a part time job at the grocery store at the supermarket that I frequented as a student, but I made a mistake in getting a student apartment instead of a regular apartment; I just believed in myself as a student but didn't quite understand the struggles that I was facing as a student at the time. So, when the school evicted me, they claimed to need the apartment space for another student; they just needed the apartment available; I was also lazy paying my rent and I didn't take threats of evicting me for late payment seriously because I didn't understand the predicament that I was falling into. So, when I lost my slot as a student, the apartment just happened to be at the end of the eviction proceeding than gave me my 3 day notice to vacate. Had I kept up with my rent, I could have been there long enough to start getting paid and worked my way to stability. Instead, I was in a situation that I didn't fully understand and felt compelled to vacate the apartment by the deadline; actually, I don't know if I had much of an option there. Just the day before, after receiving my 3 day notice to vacate, it was a nice 80 degree day, but we had received a weather warning; the next morning, it was like 20 degrees, had about 3 feet of snow on the ground, and was snowing heavily. All I could think about was what I would do in the next 2 days, as I no longer had a place to stay, and I had an apartment packed with all my things, including all of my valuable textbooks; I couldn't think rationally about potential options that I might have had, because I'd never conceived of being in such a situation. So, somewhere the idea came up that I should return home to my mother with as many items that I could carry; I would have to leave most of my belongings behind. On the third day, two men showed up to evict me and I grab what I could carry and fled to the Greyhound station. I arrived home to my mother and siblings. My siblings were bitter because they decided to waste their lives being cool whereas I decided to achieve everything that I could academically. I wasn't planning on being there very long, as the climate was thick with envy; I started applying to jobs in the field that I did graduate in about a year and a half earlier and made a run for the NAVY; previously, I had failed the physical for the NAVY weeks earlier in St. Louis but thought that I could get in with a waver. So, one day, as I was watching tv, one of my siblings started trying to kick up an argument with me, when my stepfather saw her screaming at me, sided with her, and decided to come at me. He reached in his pocket for his knife, I was timing him for my move (e.g. I had a weapon that I was about to put into action), when someone heard the commotion and got between us. I than filed a police report and my stepfather was picked up at his home. About a day later, the cops surprised me at about 9am. I was than kept in a holding cell for about a month and a half without having my booking procedures. My favorite teacher heard my sibling discussing the matter at school and made my bail for $80, plus I was being considered for release anyway, since I hadn't been officially booked. I was than homeless and started off at the Salvation Army, as I didn't want to try returning home. I found out about the nightly fee; I had no prospects for employment but I was referred to a day labor shop. I wasn't being sent out as soon as I thought I would be, but I was blessed to be sent on an assignment just in time to avoid being kicked out of the Salvation Army. But, eventually, I was kicked out for none payment before 3 weeks were up and I had nowhere to go. I was wandering away from the Salvation Army when I meant this guy who had been homeless for sometime; he was a Jehovah's Witness and knew the locations of two other homeless shelters. One of them was a church but they both had fee requirements too. So we finally settled at the church. I beat my case and I ended up at the church for 5 months as a homeless resident. I would get money from the day labor facility every so often, but I also started applying to jobs in my field again. I than got a job at a K-Mart briefly, about a month before I started my career. I had the embarrassing experience of showing up my first day of work in a tacky blue suit, carrying a duffle bag, because they had a policy to be out the shelter in morning hours. My second line supervisor had to meet with me on my first day of work, evaluated my situation, allowed my to stay at a spare place on his property, and we became friends. The lab director heard about me, walked into the office as we were talking, and handed me my first $100 bill; I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. I than worked myself through and got my own place to stay.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go tribal:

No Caption Provided

2/10

Anyways I'd probably buy a tent or steal one, then all I'd need is money for food.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

Got a problem with tribal life???
Got a problem with tribal life???

Going tribal would be a decent lifestyle. For one of your pastimes would be hunting animals big or small with just spears, bows, rocks, daggers, etc. for a meal. That no doubt would be badass! Well, if you're conditioned for this hunting method, which I am. Or you can practice on the hunt. Then with the animal carcass (besides to be used for food) can be used for devising clothing, weapons, shelter, baggage, etc. As for shelter, you could construct a tent type of thing. Or build a stone/mud-based home or live in like a burrow/underground home. Personally I'd prefer to live underground so I won't get caught by society, and yes I'll attempt to implement an effective lock of some sort and the door would be covered with the surrounding terrain composition for blending in perfectly.

This includes forming my own tools to collect materials like wood, building components, metals (if found), crops and more. Now the quality of tribal life of course is affected by the location. I'd live somewhere far and is rarely visited by society like in the mountains, rainforests, normal forests, and must be close to a water source. Basically living in the wilderness where. Location of tribal life also can provide several pastimes. Such as swimming, mountain climbing, natural rock climbing, exercise, caring/finding a pet, clay art, drawing with rocks and sticks, enjoying the outdoors in general and few more.

I'm sure there's more to tribal life, but I just gave a brief summary of my knowledge on tribal life.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In your mom's vag

No Caption Provided

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My car.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Noone301994's car.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By laflux

Ex's

damage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#95  Edited By damage32

A Homeless shelter

You guys were expecting something funny huh?

Too bad.