Where everybody knows your name.

DownZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DownZero

I'm trying to figure out how to get what's in my head, on to the screen. Something is cool, but bugging me at the same time. Growing up I wasn't an athlete, but I tried. I wasn't cool and suave and got boat loads of ladies. I wasn't Mr.Self Esteem by any measure. I wasn't brainy. I was just a slightly chunky, hyper, awkward, day dreamer, dork. I got hassled and made fun of for this. I wasn't the biggest dork in the world, but I caught plenty of crap for being a comic book loving, wannabe rock star nerd. Now I say this looking back on the crap that me and lots of other nerds took over the years and I look at the world now. When I was a teen being goth or wearing a Star Wars shirt or liking computers was has unpopular has it got. Now being a nerd is cool. Wearing black gothy clothes, or comic book related stuff is cool. And don't get me wrong, I really like this, but I like the idea that I was an outsider and untrendy back then. To this day I still like being on the outside of trends and fashion. I like being what I hated being back then but now it seems empty. Fashion and pop culture have jabbed they're talons into our world and popularized it. Now we have Emo instead of Goth and I FUCKIN HATE IT!!!!! Now I wasn't the biggest Goth guy, but I appreciated the cause. Emo pisses me off to no end because they took that style and made it trendy. So now the goddamn Jonas Bros and Good Charlotte  and Fall Out Boy wear black eyeliner black clothes and say they're sad and got fucked with, because they want to be unrockstars because thats the rockstar thing to do. The popular elite are feeding off the nerd teet  because they want to be popular and when this trend is over and they put the final nail in the nerd coffin kids will be tortured even more relentlessly. That sucks! Maybe I'm just being whiny, but I like being an outsider and a slave to no one and no trend. That's why I'm glad there's a place on the ol' internet like this. I love this site, this forum, and all the nerd who pound away looking for any discrepancy in any of the info on the site. Faithful followers of the nerd universe. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like that nerds are now cool, but I really don't in the same breath. I like being who I am now and it took along time to figure that out. I really like coming to a place where everybody knows you name.

Excelsior!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                            Zero

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MKF30

Sounds like a facebook status ^ :P

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
heh... when I saw the title of this thread... immediately the Cheers Theme Song came to mind for some reason...