Where are all the spambots coming from today?!

• 57 results
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JonSmith

Is the spambot detector on the fritz or something? Or am I the only one noticing?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By utotheg38

They've been on this site for months now.

Only thing mods will tell you Is flag and move on.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
that is what they do...
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Perhaps they've been on the site for months, but I've never seen it as bad as it's been today, mostly within the last couple of hours.

O'chunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By O'chunks

Ignore 'em, flag 'em, and walk away. They seem to have it out for us poor role players though.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

I reiterate: I do not recall it being THIS bad. Screenshot taken at: 12:42, 10/13/2012. Go check out General Discussion. I DARE you.

No Caption Provided
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CainPanell

@JonSmith said:

I reiterate: I do not recall it being THIS bad. Screenshot taken at: 12:42, 10/13/2012.

No Caption Provided

HEY! MY NAME'S THERE!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Samimista

@shadowknight666 said:

@JonSmith said:

I reiterate: I do not recall it being THIS bad. Screenshot taken at: 12:42, 10/13/2012.

No Caption Provided

HEY! MY NAME'S THERE!

Your famous! =D

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

They are hella pissed.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Samimista

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

They are hella pissed.

D= Looks like they need to buy GLAD then. I've never seen this much spam on the site before.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

I don't know, but I'm sending a mass PM to the mods because there are WAY too many to flag... my God they go into the third page... I have never seen this much spam before....

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

Never mind... they GO ALL THE WAY BACK TO PAGE 10!

Ugh... well, I'm gonna be busy for the next few minutes collecting them and sending them in a PM....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

They are hella pissed.

D= Looks like they need to buy GLAD then. I've never seen this much spam on the site before.

Maybe they want something... Like maybe a sacrifice.

Any volunteers?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nick_hero22

I like how know one is trying to come up with effective solutions, these rules need to be establish here.

Rule 1) New User to have to have a certain number of post before they are able to start creating threads on the forum that would deter spammers and prevent mismatches due to prolong exposure on the forum which will help them better gauge power levels and characters that they aren't really familiar with. User should have to have at least a 1,000 posts to their account before they get the privilege of making a thread, I also believe that this will cut down on the number of repeat threads on here as well, since they users will have more familiarity with previous threads that have already been made.

Rule 2) We need a definitive set of rules that have a definitive set of consequences (a thread needs to be made to address this issue), such as posting inappropriate pictures equals to a 1-3 day temporary ban depending on the content in the picture or being warned 3 times in a short period of time for flaming in trolling in a thread equals to a week of being temporarily banned. If a user gets more than 3 temporary bans they should be banned from Comic Vine, but before the user is banned he or she should have an opportunity to appeal this and have a discussion with the mods to make his case before the ban takes place.

Rule 3) I believe that once a user has joined this site they should be sent a PM that consists of a formal welcome that gives a brief rundown of what is expected of them and what is considered inappropriate and unacceptable on the forum, the welcome should contain a list of rules with their consequences, and a link to the Battle Forum Rules thread and other threads that highlight what is to be expected while posting.

Rule 4) I believe that mods should be voted in by the users on the board because we have more familiarity about them in general and will be able to make more sound choices due to past interactions with them (sorry staff), I think it would be also a good idea to delegate one to two mods to the number of different boards on such as Mercy to the RPG section, Vance Astro and Deranged Midget to the Battle Section, and Razza Tazza to the Off-Topic sectioin. I believe that this will make the mods much more efficient since they have one area to over see and focus their time on managing instead of all the boards. Mods who haven't logged on in the past 1-4 weeks should be demoted back to their original user status and another user should be voted in to take their place.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@nick_hero22 said:

I like how know one is trying to come up with effective solutions, these rules need to be establish here.

Rule 1) New User to have to have a certain number of post before they are able to start creating threads on the forum that would deter spammers and prevent mismatches due to prolong exposure on the forum which will help them better gauge power levels and characters that they aren't really familiar with. User should have to have at least a 1,000 posts to their account before they get the privilege of making a thread, I also believe that this will cut down on the number of repeat threads on here as well, since they users will have more familiarity with previous threads that have already been made.

Rule 2) We need a definitive set of rules that have a definitive set of consequences (a thread needs to be made to address this issue), such as posting inappropriate pictures equals to a 1-3 day temporary ban depending on the content in the picture or being warned 3 times in a short period of time for flaming in trolling in a thread equals to a week of being temporarily banned. If a user gets more than 3 temporary bans they should be banned from Comic Vine, but before the user is banned he or she should have an opportunity to appeal this and have a discussion with the mods to make his case before the ban takes place.

Rule 3) I believe that once a user has joined this site they should be sent a PM that consists of a formal welcome that gives a brief rundown of what is expected of them and what is considered inappropriate and unacceptable on the forum, the welcome should contain a list of rules with their consequences, and a link to the Battle Forum Rules thread and other threads that highlight what is to be expected while posting.

Rule 4) I believe that mods should be voted in by the users on the board because we have more familiarity about them in general and will be able to make more sound choices due to past interactions with them (sorry staff), I think it would be also a good idea to delegate one to two mods to the number of different boards on such as Mercy to the RPG section, Vance Astro and Deranged Midget to the Battle Section, and Razza Tazza to the Off-Topic sectioin. I believe that this will make the mods much more efficient since they have one area to over see and focus their time on managing instead of all the boards. Mods who haven't logged on in the past 1-4 weeks should be demoted back to their original user status and another user should be voted in to take their place.

I agree with every single word.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Samimista

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

They are hella pissed.

Any volunteers?

I..uh, gotta rake the leaves! Yes, rake the leaves. *slowly steps back* So sorry I'm not able to sacrifice myself. Even though it sounds something Aerith would approve of. I, uh, better get going then! Those leaves won't rake themselves. *dashes off*

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

They are hella pissed.

Any volunteers?

I..uh, gotta rake the leaves! Yes, rake the leaves. *slowly steps back* So sorry I'm not able to sacrifice myself. Even though it sounds something Aerith would approve of. I, uh, better get going then! Those leaves won't rake themselves. *dashes off*

Ok! See ya!

Wait....

There aren't any leaves here?!?!

DAMMIT.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Samimista

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Samimista said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

They are hella pissed.

Any volunteers?

Ok! See ya!

Wait....

There aren't any leaves here?!?!

DAMMIT.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CainPanell

@nick_hero22 said:

I Agree with everything but in bold.

I Think we should replace the post limit with a thread limit personally.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Where are the Mods? 
also I am out of flags and I been sending PMs to mods.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrDirector786

Oh man, I feel so bad for the mods... 10 PAGES OF SPAM.... ugh... I still have 7 more pages to go.... and let's not forget THAT THEY KEEP COMING

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786

But, I am working from the back - I'm finding all the spam on page 10 and working forward.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nick_hero22

@shadowknight666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

We could do both

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CainPanell

@nick_hero22 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

We could do both

I Don't necessarily think so, The Post limit kills the RP and several other forums, And now that I Think of it A Post limit wouldn't help either...

I Think instead of Captchas we should have very simple logic or math problems

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By utotheg38

Mods Suck

D:

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

@shadowknight666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

We could do both

I Don't necessarily think so, The Post limit kills the RP and several other forums, And now that I Think of it A Post limit wouldn't help either...

I Think instead of Captchas we should have very simple logic or math problems

Having a post limit to create threads is the only way to effectively deter spammers and flamers, but the mods of each section should be able to shape the rules of their particular section to a certain extent.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

This is insane, 'Ive never seen it this bad here.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

We need the mods to IP Ban them.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Samimista

We must not give up! Let's defend our Vine!

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By utotheg38

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

We need the mods to IP Ban them.

I heard the ip ban doesn't work...................That's what I heard.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JonSmith

And so the Spambot Siege begins again...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chaos Prime

from cyber-space

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Roman

From 4chan.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JonSmith
No Caption Provided

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SandMan_

Its driving me insane....

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Inverno

@JonSmith said:

No Caption Provided

This exactly captures what I feel...

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ImmortalOne

There are nine and a half pages of spam...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blood1991

*Sigh* Let really is getting out of hand.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ImmortalOne: @Blood1991: We're working on it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blood1991

@Icarusflies: I know you are :p it can't be easy though these guys are out for cyber blood.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Blood1991: It's a complete nightmare. O_O

Why do they even think comic nerds like sports? xD

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blood1991

@Icarusflies said:

Hell if I know. You would think we would get guys trying to sell us Magic the Gathering cards, and Dvd box sets of the Super Friends lol, but nope Sports.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JonSmith

They lulled us into a false sense of security, and now, they resume their assault.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies said:

Thats what I was thinking too.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Count Bleck
@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Icarusflies said:

They apparently used all of their brain power to figure out how to bypass the flood protection systems, probably didn't have any left over to figure out what we'd actually be interested in looking at.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Count Bleck said:

@Icarusflies said:

They apparently used all of their brain power to figure out how to bypass the flood protection systems, probably didn't have any left over to figure out what we'd actually be interested in looking at.

Ha probably.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Count Bleck

@Count Bleck said:

@Icarusflies said:

Ha probably.

One thing I don't get though.  Why aren't they spamming the battles forums?  It's easily the third most active forum at the very least, but it's never even touched.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Count Bleck said:

@Count Bleck said:

@Icarusflies said:

Ha probably.

One thing I don't get though. Why aren't they spamming the battles forums? It's easily the third most active forum at the very least, but it's never even touched.

I dont know ,maybe its even too heated for the spammers :)

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By YoungJustice

The mods do the best they can IMO. They need to delete the threads, ban the accounts, and still do their daily duties. That takes time.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Blood1991

@Count Bleck said:

@Count Bleck said:

@Icarusflies said:

Ha probably.

One thing I don't get though. Why aren't they spamming the battles forums? It's easily the third most active forum at the very least, but it's never even touched.

I dont know ,maybe its even too heated for the spammers :)

Lol I want you both to know how disappointing it was to look at my full inbox and have the majority of my messages being you two chatting