• 101 results
#1 Posted by Terry Handson (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 8 and in school and everyone was crying,and all of us where scared.

#2 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I was at my grand parents house, and I dont remember how old I was

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in 4th grade so I'd say like 9. I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was my friends were being taken out of class one by one and soon it was my turn to go home. I didn't find out what happened until the next day cause the rest of that day I remember watching Dexter Laboratory.

#4 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I had turned nine a week earlier, and just woke up and saw the second tower....

I was in Canada and a lot younger, so I wasn't scared since it happened a continent away. Our school had a assembly for it, long moment of silence, and a memorial that went in later with our remembrance day.

It's one of those days you can remember pretty vividly.

#5 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"I was at my grand parents house, and I dont remember how old I was"

Do the math, duh! Lol.
#6 Posted by Old Geezer Aztek (10 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"I just turned nine, just woke up and saw the second tower....

I was in Canada and a lot younger, so I wasn't scared since it happened a continent away. Our school had a assembly for it, long moment of silence, and a memorial that went in later with our remembrance day.

It's one of those days you can remember pretty vividly."
ooh, and I thought the Americans were bad at Geography, its a country away xP
#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Old Geezer Aztek said:
"Sparda said:

ooh, and I thought the Americans were bad at Geography, its a country away xP"

And across the continent.

BC is on the other side of the land mass....
#8 Posted by Old Geezer Aztek (10 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Old Geezer Aztek said:
"Sparda said:

BC is on the other side of the land mass...."
-_-

cheater! that doesn't count
#9 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Old Geezer Aztek said:
"Sparda said:
"Old Geezer Aztek said:
"Sparda said:

BC is on the other side of the land mass...."
-_-

cheater! that doesn't count"
I really thought you were gonna call me whippersnapper.

You got my hopes up :(

Anyways, let's try not to cram this topic with worthless conversation.
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

well then...sorry to disappoint, wasn't in character :(

anyways, I was in my Grade 4 classroom where we had our moment of silence, and then went on with our day, me not having a care in the world and getting pissed off at home cause all the family would do is watch the crash over and over again and I was missing my shows -_-

#11 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"Resonate said:
"I was at my grand parents house, and I dont remember how old I was"

Do the math, duh! Lol."
I would, but I wasnt phased by any of it, I wasnt even slightly bothered. All I can really think of for that day is that it started an amazing band, and that I really cannot relate to any of the deaths
#12 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in 6th grade and I was in the principal's office for getting in a fight with my friend Jose (we weren't friends at the time lol)...I was going to get suspended but then the news was flooding every room and they forgot about my suspension......I willl never forget that

#13 Edited by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 11.

#14 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

i was in elementary school

#15 Edited by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the 5th grade. I remeber watching it in the classroom. I was 10 back then.

#16 Edited by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I was at Ft Polk, La... I had just gotten into the communications shop and we were watching it on TV, not 10 minutes later everything started getting locked down and guards were posted in every single entrance. It got so bad that my roommate was ordered to check everyone 's ID that came in the building and even had to check mine...

I was  20

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in 8th grade in Social Studies class...so I was like 13-14 years old.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
I was in 10th Grade Biology when it happened... I was about 15 years old then
#19 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Bout 13!!!

#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Crimson Orchid said:
"I was 11."
#21 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm i was in third grade
whiper snaper over here

#22 Posted by Starleafgirl (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 17 and in my freshman semester of College, hastily trying to finish my Expository Writing paper in the computer lab, surrounded by others doing their work or goofing off. The paper was due in a couple of hours, so I knew I had to concentrate on my work. Back then, I thought I was hot stuff, because I'd gotten good grades in high school, and thought I could conquer anything college had to throw at me. How wrong I was!

So anyway, there I was, trying to finish my paper, when someone says to me "Hey, you know classes are cancelled, right?"

My initial reaction was disbelief, then elation, then curiousity. I asked him, "Why?"

And then I think he mentioned something about an attack. He said they were closing down roads and stuff, too. Well, I decided to finish my paper. I had no idea how serious the situation was until more people started leaving the lab, talking about it, and I started to feel a great sense of anxiety and worry over it.

I can't remember what I did next, other than calling my family and watching the news and such. I woke up the next day in my dorm room, turned on the TV, and they were STILL showing the 9/11 footage. That's when it really hit me that something serious had happened. I was stunned. As reports came in, estimates of the thousands that had died, it really started to sink in.

That feeling defined my entire first semester of college. Like much of America, I had lost my innocence. No longer was the future bright and shining and full hope.

And I ended up failing Expository Writing. Three times.

#23 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG O_O STAR!

I was 15 and i was sitting in my economics class. We were watching the tv and all of a sudden it went to CNN. We all watched and when the towers collapsed they cut the tvs off. I didnt even know about the other hits until I got home. And even then their was talk of evacuating the area I live in because I live about 15 minutes from a major Air Force base.

#24 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Crimson Orchid said:
"I was 11."
Am I really older then you o_O
#25 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Nightmare said:
whiper snaper over here"
LOL
#26 Posted by kid_of_forever (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in 4th grade and the teacher turned on the news. I was cryin' like a baby.

#27 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

you know what.........i really dont know XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
all i remeber is i got back from the arcade from comming back from school
and i used to watch a lot of cartoon network
and like i didnt really realized what happend cause i was like
FAHHHHHHH
SAME THING ON TV
IMA POP IN TOYS STORY(best movie ever)
and like i didnt know how bad it was untill people said it was a bad and iwas like WTF
TERRORIST
OH MAH GWOD

#28 Posted by Starleafgirl (1342 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"OMG O_O STAR!

I was 15 and i was sitting in my economics class. We were watching the tv and all of a sudden it went to CNN. We all watched and when the towers collapsed they cut the tvs off. I didnt even know about the other hits until I got home. And even then their was talk of evacuating the area I live in because I live about 15 minutes from a major Air Force base."
Oh wow, that's interesting! Scary. There was talk and ramifications where I live too, just because it's central New Jersey. It's really real when it's so personal... I remember one time shortly after 9/11 or maybe even on that day that I saw a girl crying at a pay phone inside the college building with the computer lab. It really was a tragedy that we shouldn't forget, even those of us young enough to not remember...
#29 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Starleafgirl said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"OMG O_O STAR!

I was 15 and i was sitting in my economics class. We were watching the tv and all of a sudden it went to CNN. We all watched and when the towers collapsed they cut the tvs off. I didnt even know about the other hits until I got home. And even then their was talk of evacuating the area I live in because I live about 15 minutes from a major Air Force base."
Oh wow, that's interesting! Scary. There was talk and ramifications where I live too, just because it's central New Jersey. It's really real when it's so personal... I remember one time shortly after 9/11 or maybe even on that day that I saw a girl crying at a pay phone inside the college building with the computer lab. It really was a tragedy that we shouldn't forget, even those of us young enough to not remember..."
I agree, I make it a habit to watch documenteries on it when they come on. And my neices and nephews will sit down and watch them with me. they've asked about what happened and where I was, and I try to tell them everything I know.
#30 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in 5th grade

:/

#31 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 23 years old.. i was up late watching a movie living with my friend who was in bed. It was about 12.30 at night and i remember it so well..... i flicked off the movie and the news was on, the first image i saw was the first plane hitting.. i remember i thought it was  joke.. then i kept watching and saw the second.. i was so tense i didnt move from the couch for an hour and a half, finally i roused myself and went to wake up my friend to tell her about it, she came down and we sat on the couch in tears. I remember the next day i rang everyone i knew to tell them i loved them.. just cause i was so scared.. that if something like that could happen to America, what hope did countries like Australaia have who have wayy less defence. It was a day i will never forget.

#32 Posted by Sherry (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the first grade at the time, and all I remember was sitting on the rug (there was a rug in the classroom for storytime and stuff) with my friends and there was an announcement over the PA. But we didn't get sent home or anything.

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the 8th grade so 13 and I was getting ready to go to school.

#34 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 16 in my Business tech class in high school

#35 Edited by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

i was about 19 and  i was laying in my bunk in the medical hold unit of basic training at fort sill oklahoma and we were supposed to be cleaning but i said "f" it there was no drill sergents around so i was taking a nap and one of my boys came in and told me what was happening and i told him he was full of sh!t and to go away....i still owe him one

#36 Posted by Bio Guyver (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 23, and happened to be working midnights as an optician at an optical lab, so I got off of work at 7 every day and was up that day.

"What kind of idiot could crash his plane into the World Trade Center?"

That's what I was thinking as I looked at the damage from the first hit, as they were saying it was a small personal aircraft.  Then I watched the second plane hit live and immediately went into World War 3 mode, falling deeper into it as the morning went on and more stuff happened... The Pentagon, the plane in Pennsylvania... I wasn't sure how long it was gonna' keep going.  Ten planes?  Twenty planes?  When was it going to stop.  Then the towers fell.  It took me a while to get my mind around it all.  Before it happened, people weren't asked to, couldn't have been expected to, etc.  I'm not sure how long it took me to really grasp what had happened and everything that came with it, but man, when that second plane hit and I saw it with my own eyes and everything that it meant ran through my mind in a split second... it was a seminal moment in my life, as I'm sure it is for a lot of  people  who were up and watching.

#38 Posted by goatwrench (23 posts) - - Show Bio

9th grade algebra 1 class about 9:05 the tv switch on and the room got quiet

#39 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

i was a pissed off 12 year old flicking through every channel watchin burning buildings instead of my usual morning cartoon routine of the simpsons. at that point i didn't really know what was happening till my friend told me and then i said "where's the twin towers"
and he said "in new york"
and i said "where's new york"
and he said "the usa"
and i said "where's the usa?"
and he said "texas i think"

and then i found what really happened on sept 11 and i was sad for liek a week.

#40 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I was arriving at school when a teacher told me what had happened (I was early) we turned on the television and saw the second crash..... I was nine in 4th grade

#41 Posted by Major Majestic (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 13 in 7th grade I was able to see the smoke in the sky from  the school  it was terrible...

#42 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

I was eight...3rd grade, although I was first informed by it long after school that day...and I don't think I've ever heard of WTC before that, so it didn't mean much to me at the moment =/

#43 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

I was nine and in school.

#44 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 26 and sitting in front of a PC at work. It was a standard, boring morning until everyone's internet connection went down. As we were wondering what was up, one of my co-workers came running into the room yelling about planes and buildings. Then everyone spent the rest of the day in front of the TV in the cafeteria, staring in disbelief.

#45 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 19 at the time, and I was managing a toy store at a local mall. I decided to take 2 years off between HS & college to "screw around". I had to be up at 6am to get my coffee, shower, all that jazz. I didn't see the planes hit live, but I did see the first building fall live, then I went to work. They shut down the mall, and started transporting everyone out of Chicago that didn't live there. My buddy called, who was still in HS at the time, I went to his house, we watched replays all day, drank beers and smoked cigs. It was really bizarre, none of us were really upset, probably because we were all in denial at the time. As much as I hate slogans like, "We will never forget" stuff like that really sticks with you. My memories that day are very vivid. The only other day I have that is so clear is when the Challenger blew up back in 86 I believe.

Staff
#46 Posted by sha. (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont remember what grade i was in but i was 12, and i was so scared i had to be taken out of class,they took me to my sister's class so she could calm me down.

#47 Posted by Platypus (35 posts) - - Show Bio

i was 16 and i remember my mom waking me up cause she said that something bad had just happend...we spent the whole day watching the news..ive never felt so voulnerable in my life...

#48 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 7...Don''t know what I was doing...

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 9 when it happened and I was in school.

#50 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

I was 30 and I was heading to work.  I heard what was happening on the radio and originally thought it was a stupid joke.