• 78 results
#1 Edited by RBT (4768 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how this came into my head. Anyways, in which of these circumstances would you kill or seriously hurt a person?

1- A person has gun on you and MIGHT kill you.

2- A person has a gun on everybody you love and will SURELY kill one of them.

3- A person is running away with all money you've earned in life.

4- You hear a terrorist planning to bomb a place. You know it'd be too late if you call the cops.

Now, in all the situation, you've a fair chance of killing/hurting the person without dying. What would you do?

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Severely injure in every scenario. Possibly kill depending on whether things escalate.

#3 Edited by HumanRocket (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhere in the range of what Superman did at the end of MOS.

#4 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

When this person tries to kill/seriously hurt me.

When this person tries to kill/seriously a loved one or friend.

When this person tries to kill/seriously hurt an innocent.

I'm having a bad day and need to take it out on someone.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

Certainly incapacitate them in every situation. I am not Batman though....

#6 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (435 posts) - - Show Bio

When it's Geoff Loeb.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Severely injure to the point where they want to end their own lives for all situations.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (45584 posts) - - Show Bio

Severely injure is the best way to go.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (45584 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea how I'd react since I've never in one of those situations (and I hope I never am).

#12 Posted by Pope052 (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill in every scenario.

#13 Posted by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

When they break your 90’s EXO-Squad figures!

#14 Posted by SheenLantern (6903 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by SheenLantern (6903 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, maybe not the 3rd one. I'd need more context.

#16 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

if they're fans of the film Elektra

#17 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Injure

2. Kill

3. Injure

4. Injure

#18 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

They all die except maybe the terrorist and i capture him to become. A hero

On secpnd thought I don't have that much money currently so injure most likely

#19 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by russellmania77 (15818 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: so ur strong enough to bend his neck side ways but not enough to avoid people?

#21 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10521 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Severely injure in every scenario. Possibly kill depending on whether things escalate.

Somewhere in the range of what Superman did at the end of MOS.

#22 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Injure every time

#23 Edited by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Self-defense, defense of loved one(s), defense of innocent bystanders, to prevent the taking of hostage(s) and in defense of one's country during an attack or invasion.

#24 Posted by HumanRocket (9348 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Thitiki (4325 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ColonelRunAway (363 posts) - - Show Bio

How is severely injure even an option? All of these seem to imply you have a gun and a few seconds to react. Even with training, no time limit, and a target standing perfectly still, it's insanely hard to hit someone in a way they won't probably die. If you're just some schmuck with a second to shoot someone, you're not gonna skim them until they surrender, you're gonna goddamn shoot them.

#27 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Kill.

2: Kill.

3: Injure & take my money back.

4: Severely injure & leave for the cops.

#28 Edited by The Stegman (25993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd severely injure someone whenever my life or the lives of those I care about are in danger. Kill if the threat can't be extinguished with non lethal force.

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22973 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Harm
  2. Kill
  3. Harm
  4. Kill
#30 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

It's never o.k. It's just that sometimes you have no other options. That doesn't make it o.k, it just means you're choosing the lesser of two wrongs.

#31 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

Severely injure to the point where they want to end their own lives for all situations.

That is a bit harsh....

#32 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12026 posts) - - Show Bio

These are some that come to mind.

#33 Edited by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

Psychologically torture them until they want to kill/seriously hurt themselves for all, please.

#34 Posted by Racob7 (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, they'll live. (:<

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

That is a bit harsh....

Well in all the situations they're going to kill someone. With an exception of 3 (if it is a good reason, like save lives, than I'm okay with it).

#36 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

That is a bit harsh....

Well in all the situations they're going to kill someone. With an exception of 3 (if it is a good reason, like save lives, than I'm okay with it).

Well you could save lives without killing them or making it so they want to kill themselves.

#37 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a bit harsh....

Well you could save lives without killing them or making it so they want to kill themselves.

In a hypothetical situation where a person with the intent of killing innocents is confirmed (no blackmailing, framed, being forced to, etc.), they deserve it. Unless they have a chance of reforming (again, not sure since by hypothetical question situations, I assume they are hell-bent on killing. Say, someone like Joker).

#38 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6461 posts) - - Show Bio

Injure them so they can go to jail. Killing them would be the easy way out for them.

#39 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1978 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill or seriously injure for all. I'd do my best to not kill the dude, especially in the taking all my money situation.

#40 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a bit harsh....

In a hypothetical situation where a person with the intent of killing innocents is confirmed (no blackmailing, framed, being forced to, etc.), they deserve it. Unless they have a chance of reforming (again, not sure since by hypothetical question situations, I assume they are hell-bent on killing. Say, someone like Joker).

Id say incapacitate them the best way you can and let the main focus be on actually saving the people as opposed to killing/torturing the kidnapper.

Id resort to killing them if there was no other choice in the situation.

#42 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a bit harsh....

Id say incapacitate them the best way you can and let the main focus be on actually saving the people as opposed to killing/torturing the kidnapper.

Well I'm not going to kill/torture him right there. There could be kids. I agree with you, but I'm assuming the only way to save them is to kill the person, since the topic is when is it okay to kill them.

#43 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a bit harsh....

Well I'm not going to kill/torture him right there. There could be kids. I agree with you, but I'm assuming the only way to save them is to kill the person, since the topic is when is it okay to kill them.

Would there be a need to torture them though?

Well the OP set up some of the situations in such a way where it seems there is no alternative for some of the scenarios.

#44 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

I don't know how this came into my head. Anyways, in which of these circumstances would you kill or seriously hurt a person?

1- A person has gun on you and MIGHT kill you.

2- A person has a gun on everybody you love and will SURELY kill one of them.

3- A person is running away with all money you've earned in life.

4- You hear a terrorist planning to bomb a place. You know it'd be too late if you call the cops.

Now, in all the situation, you've a fair chance of killing/hurting the person without dying. What would you do?

As someone who has their concealed carry scene

1. I'm going to shoot him
  2. I'm going to shoot him
  3. I'm not going to shoot him - I'd either chase him down, or call the cops.
  4. I'd warn people, but unless I was 100% sure it was going to happen, I'd ignore it.
#45 Posted by RoyceLunar (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Self Defense

#46 Posted by PapiNacho (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Both

2.Both

3. Seriously Hurt

4. Seriously Hurt (If he is not armed he doesn't pose direct mortal threat an can be neutralized without killing)

#47 Posted by P00zer (44 posts) - - Show Bio

When you are left with no other choice

#48 Posted by jloneblackheart (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Fool stepped on my sneaker!

#49 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Fool stepped on my sneaker!

That's everyone from my middle school.

#50 Posted by MonsterStomp (20386 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Injure them.

2. When in doubt, kill them.

3. Injure them.

4. Kill them.