Ben 10 blows.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rbt said:

Lol. So many people hating Ben 10. Its probably one of the biggest hit from CN. How many original shows has actually 4 series? Omniverse is mediocre at best. But Alien Force was good. So was Original series.

I will never get why they cancelled YJ. It was so much better than JLU.

Second Season of YJ was an abomination. First Season was relatively good.

It is not even on the same level as JLU.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cooldes: Are you sure? Cuz the few times I can recall at the moment he was using an alien well and then as he was going up against somebody, it times out on him before he does anything. I'll have to watch a couple old episodes to see if I'm remembering right though

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Somewhere between 2004-2006. They have a sporadic good show, but overall the network is a shell of itself and has gone the way of Nickelodeon in my book.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only bad Ben 10 is Omniverse, it's garbage and there are no good shows left on cartoon network with the cancellation of YJ and GL:TA earlier this year, well aside from Toonami and really that's more of a programming block, Toonami is the sole reason why Cartoon Network is even on my subscription list, as for when it started going downhill it's was between 2006-2008, especially during the writers strike

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:Lol YJ is far from better than JLU maybe you wanna re-watch JLU and YJ got cancelled because it was selling good enough.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I think when Billy and Mandy went off the air then it sort of sucked. I did like some of Ben 10 but its just not the same.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me it went downhill from 2006 onwards

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@the_stegman said:

When Ben 10 entered the scene.

This, I actually liked Ben 10 but from that point on it went down hill.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Y2K

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like CN but the bad shows or shows I don't like, I just don't watch.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Side question: What is the name about the time machine guy with the ginger kid with glasses?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By modernww2fare

Side question: What is the name about the time machine guy with the ginger kid with glasses?

Time Squad

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben 10(all of them except omniverse) did not make CN go downhill. Annoying Orange, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, & Steven Universe made CN go downhill. CN canceled good shows like Thundercats 2011, GL, & YJ for stupid shows. They need to bring back the old(show more of it) and good shows(the 3 I mentioned).

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

When JLU ended circa 2005 or 2006.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

Ben 10(all of them except omniverse) did not make CN go downhill. Annoying Orange, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, & Steven Universe made CN go downhill. CN canceled good shows like Thundercats 2011, GL, & YJ for stupid shows. They need to bring back the old(show more of it) and good shows(the 3 I mentioned).

What's wrong with Steven Universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

What's wrong with Steven Universe?

The show doesn't make sense and it looks stupid IMO.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#119  Edited By dngn4774

@rbt said:

Lol. So many people hating Ben 10. Its probably one of the biggest hit from CN. How many original shows has actually 4 series? Omniverse is mediocre at best. But Alien Force was good. So was Original series.

I will never get why they cancelled YJ. It was so much better than JLU.

Second Season of YJ was an abomination. First Season was relatively good.

It is not even on the same level as JLU.

QFT

I also understand the "It didn't get worse, we just grew up" point that was made earlier. Though that may be an acceptable excuse for most of the decent shows that remain on CN, it's treatment of DC shows has gotten far worse. DC should air it's animated series on the CW for Saturday mornings, that way they would have more creative control over their products.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Ben 10 entered the scene.

Time for my favorite gif.

No Caption Provided
SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SandMan_

2005 sounds about right. That was literally when DBZ ended.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

It didn't...

Adventure Time

Regular Show

Amazing World Of Gumball

Steven Universe

All examples of great and current shows on cartoonnetwork.

R u 12?

Actually Adventure Time is an excellent show. It has a surreal sense of humor and the animation is pretty. According to long-time fans, if you watch it from the beginning there is actually good character development, as well as a plot and and an explanation as to how everything became so strange.

Regular show is okay. I don't really like it, but I could see people liking it if they gave it a chance.

Gumball is garbage.

I don't know what that last one is.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By TifaLockhart

When they cancelled JLU.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

When old nerds with nothing better to do, decided to waste breath being mad at cartoons

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By Bruxae

2000+

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By AverageInsanity

@voodoopenguin: tried to get into adventure time, not my cup of tea. But It's a good show. Lots of imagination in a controlled way and not a retarded way like uncle grandpa.

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best show currently on in Teen Titans go and Beware the batman.

You'd think with all the success dc shows have gotten cn that they'd put more dc shows. Instead, they don't pick up the plastic man show and cancel young justice -_-

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When ed Edd and Eddy ended

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

You guys excited for the new Powerpuff Girls?

Loading Video...

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SuperDrummer

Around 2006

It wasn't a sudden thing, it was just one one day around than I realized it wasn't worth watching in the morning with my little brother, and started putting on Nickelodeon instead.

I can't believe anything currently on is supposed to replace things pre 2006. Stuff like Regular Show and Adventure Time is now setting the standards for elementary school kids, where they really should be watching stuff like Ben Ten,Teen Titans, or Code Named Kids Next Door. Its entertaining, older kids can watch it and actually be entertained, and there is actually a building of values in it, rather than "teenage" slang and idiocy. People must remember that cartoons should, in theory, be directed towards younger audiences, and also be good enough to hold the attention of an older person.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By 14NC3

It didn't get worse, we just grew up

Whoever said this is 100% correct. I still like Regular Show though...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After JLU ended

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

When they cancelled almost EVERY spectacular superhero show; Green Lantern, Young Justice, Justice League.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#136 TDK_1997  Online

It became total sh*t when shows like Ben 10 came by and good shows like KND,Dexter's Laboratory,The Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy ended.But even though CN sucks there are still a few shows like Adventure Time,the Regular Show and others of that kind that are pretty good.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only purpose I have for CN is Omniverse...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jgames

When they start showing non cartoon shows cancel toonami which only show at night, and canceling good shows like Looney tunes show and young justice

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@fallschirmjager: This.

Also, when they had the 'Ben 10 as teenagers' show. That really sucked.

But Adventure Time, Regular Show, Young Justice, etc. are recent and they're great.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scratch that. After Total Drama ended

Chuddy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always blamed it on CN Real in 2009. Though really, why are people fighting about this. It's like if you have an opinion about the newer Cartoon Network that ISN'T negative, others will put you down for that opinion. That's not fair. You have to share opinions, not force them down our throat. If you like or hate the Cartoon Network, I'm going to judge you. I'm just sick and tired of people forcing opinions on one another.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Ben 10 and felt Alien Force was the series at its zenith, especially the first two seasons. Ultimate alien was fairly good, but I hate that they decided to make Ben revert to his old ways. Made no sense. The character development in Alien Force was part of what made it good. Omniverse has some slightly interesting story ideas (with the plot of the time war and Bens importance) but it just doesn't hold a candle to its predecessors. We have crappy art styles ( the alien force and ultimate alien designs worked perfectly; this change ticked me off the most) and the loss of Gwen and Kevin. They became central to the plot and the team. Them popping in once in a while did nothing for me as a viewer.

I like Adventure Time and really like Regular Show; its zaniness makes me laugh once in a while and keeps me entertained. I don't watch them religiously, but I can see the appeal and recommend them over any of the newer shows.

Like everyone else here, I agree with the assertion that Cartoon Networks old shows were outstanding. Samurai Jack, Dexters Lab, and Ed Edd n Eddy are only examples. Samurai Jack should've garnered way more seasons than it did. I personally think Samurai Jack should be renewed while the older shows get put back on rotation. If anything have them show these old shows in the afternoon, around the time kids get off school. I remember that that was when I watched tv the most ( mind you I'm not old at all, just started college). Cartoon Network at its prime was the juggernaut that could compete with Nickelodeon at its prime and we know the type of power shows like rocket power, cat dog, rugrats, and spongebob had. I would like to this competition between these two networks again. Forget these live shows ( only one I ever really liked was Drake and Josh) and tone down the Marvel/DC war. Instead, they should return to the creation of original programming that was unique. There was a time when it would be difficult to say whether Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network had the better shows. Now, they're lucky if I watch anything other than the occasional Regular Show episode on Netflix or the Avatar series's (which I personally consider to be the best American cartoons out atm).

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they stopped the anime block of shows. I remember when I was a kid, everyday after it school it would be a block of animes one after another. Not all of them were good but most were. When they stopped that, like what's the point anymore. Young Justice was the last awesome DC animation.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they hired a guy who hates cartoons for president.

When the good old bumpers of the city and powerhouse eras were cancelled.

Oh, another thing they messed up, recently, the Boomerang reboot that makes it look Luke garbage. They "Imaginary" rebrand was better.

Right around the time of the last great crossover, Grim Adventures of the KND. Right after the Big Picture Show.

The second UG was introduced... Some episodes are good, and the Steven U crossover was good, but overall it feels "meh".

Lastly, the bomb scared.

These all helped kill CN.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By DBVSE7

When Cartoon Network started making shows for hipsters.. *cough Adventure Time, Regular Show, Stephen Universe, cough*

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It happened after that bomb scare forced the president to step down and be replaced

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cartoon Network has a great lineup these days. It fell there for a bit, only propped up by Adventure Time and Regular Show. But now they have a much better lineup. Also, I heard the Powerpuff Girls are coming back.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Generator Rex ended with the exception of YJ, SWTCW, and Green Lantern.