What's your Favorite Video Game Soundtrack?

• 65 results
Avatar image for xxmarvelousdcxx
XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By XxMarvelousDCXx

F-Zero X is my favorite

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Probably the one from Halo 3.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

Mass Effect (collectively as a series) and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are my all time favorites.

I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Transistor's soundtrack though. I love it! It's so goddamn good.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lateralus

Final Fantasy X....just because it is fairly typical Final Fantasy type music.....and then it gets all metal for the Jecht Battle

Loading Video...
XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XxMarvelousDCXx

@thecannon: Thanks for linking the other thread. I should have searched for the topic before making this one.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gracetrack
Video game soundtrack perfection.

Also very recommended:

No Caption Provided

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Halo series or Bastion

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eisenfauste

Toss up between Halo Reach and Fallout 3 New Vegas :)

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Splinter Cell Blacklist.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also very recommended:

No Caption Provided

You win.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one has yet to choose SSBB.

XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: It's great no doubt, but most of the songs in there are from older games or are remixes.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything from The Legend of Zelda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: The Jecht Battle music is my favorite Final Fantasy song. Nice username by the way. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman Arkham city soundtrack

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Kharms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Street of Rage series, Amon Tobin's Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory, Jim Guthrie's Sword & Sworcery, Shawn Lee's Bully, Hotline Miami

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about brutally murdering people to this song, in the game, just makes me lose it. Infact, the WHOLE soundtrack for the game is epic. One of its major selling points.

Loading Video...

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember Me.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redleader1

Arkham asylum by far.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alak

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I recently purchased the Transistor soundtrack and I'm loving it!

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Scrolls series, Castlevania as a whole(ESPECIALLY Lords of Shadow 2), Golden Sun, Final Fantasy series, Fallout 3, Lost Odyssey, Dynasty Warriors series, Dark Souls 2 had some cool boss music too.

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe none of you have mentioned Gears of War.....

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

also

Loading Video...

and

Loading Video...

Ohgma_Infinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chaos Prime

The Warriors.

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Pokémon black and white 2.

Mass effect 1-3

And the final fantasy 13 series

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#32  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Journey's Soundtrack is Beyond AMAZING!!!

Loading Video...

ALso Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final fantasy 7 or fallout 3.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Loading Video...

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Honourable mentions go to Arkham City and Super Smash Bros Brawl

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

I'm still quite a fan of Legacy of Kain: Defiance. I absolutely love the opening.

Loading Video...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

It's not exactly known for its musical score. The songs used in its trailers are always great though. Mad World especially. Those aren't part of its soundtrack, unfortunately. Maybe post some tracks you think are great?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords:

It's not exactly known for its musical score. The songs used in its trailers are always great though. Mad World especially. Those aren't part of its soundtrack, unfortunately. Maybe post some tracks you think are great?

Well, this is definitely one of the more prominent tracks you hear throughout Gears:

Loading Video...

Pretty awesome in my opinion, if you listen to it all the way through.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well after the awesome tension-filled ambient noises are over, the actual music sounds a little on the generic side to me. Definitely doesn't hold a candle to a lot of other ones mentioned. I don't see how no one mentioning it is so unbelievable. :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: You'd understand what I mean if you experienced it while playing Gears. The ambient noise you hear completely sets the tone for the type of savage experience you get when you're playing it. And eh, I dunno, the music has just grown on me. I just see it as pretty iconic music, but that's probably because I'm a bit of a Gears head.

Edit: Lol I misread you - didn't realize you called the ambient noises awesome. My bad.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: Hah! You presume too much, young one. I've been a Gears fan longer than you I'm sure, and since even before I first played Mass Effect. Since 2006, in fact. It was the first M for Mature game my dad decided to buy me (behind my mom's back!), and I was only 11 at the time. Paid full price for the first game (which now retails for like $3). I've got books, action figures, etc. My 360 is the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition 320 GB console (my launch console had valiantly lasted right uo until just before GOW 3's release, and I was gonna get the game anyways, so getting the console bundle was perfect). I have a shirt commemorating my donation to an ex-Epic employee who was moving his family when his moving truck caught fire, and he lost everything (It's an awesome shirt with Marcus Fenix, the Crimson Omen logo, and the words "Brothers to the End" written on it). I could go on. Fact is, I'm a fan myself. A pretty big one actually. Speaking as someone who has played so many games over these past 2 decades of my short life, I can honestly say that Gears' OST is nothing real memorable, and doesn't compare to soooo many titles in that regard. At least that's how I feel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

Hah! You presume too much, young one. I've been a Gears fan longer than you I'm sure, and since even before I first played Mass Effect. Since 2006, in fact. It was the first M for Mature game my dad decided to buy me (behind my mom's back!), and I was only 11 at the time. Paid full price for the first game (which now retails for like $3). I've got books, action figures, etc. My 360 is the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition 320 GB console. I have a shirt commemorating my donation to an ex-Epic employee who was moving his family when his moving truck caught fire, and he lost everything (It's an awesome shirt with Marcus Fenix, the Crimson Omen logo, and the words "Brothers to the End" written on it). I could go on. Fact is, I'm a fan myself. A pretty big one actually. Speaking as someone who has played so many games over these past 2 decades of my short life, I can honestly say that Gears' OST is nothing real memorable, and doesn't compare to soooo many titles in that regard. At least that's how I feel.

Damn, man. Yeah, I only really got into Gears around the time 2 came out, although I did play all three games (but decided against trying Judgement), and I've started reading the books. I'm glad to see another Gears of War fan lurking in the vine. I only know like one or two others... by any chance, do you still play Gears 3 multiplayer? You could play with me and @The_Deathstroker and help us thrash noobs!

Maybe you'd have a better ear for good soundtracks for me, since it's not something I look out for. I've just always loved Gears music for some reason. I'll admit though.. games like Halo have a pretty mean OST. Red Dead Redemption is another game that has great music as well.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: I've actually not tried Judgement myself. And yeah, I haven't played in a long while, but when I'm feeling up for competitive multilayer, Gears 3 is my go-to. Both you and Deathstroker play together!? F%ck yeah, I gotta get in on this! My gamertag is Jake N7 (yes, with a space).

Yeah, well fair enough man. I think it's a big part of games, and I frequently keep my ear out for it, so I'd understand if you aren't as nutty about that stuff as me, and therefore have different opinions on video game OSTs. Everyone's got different tastes.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Oh! And Karen Traviss' Gears books are goddamn excellent. It was actually how I was introduced to several characters before they made their video game debut in Gears 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: I've actually not tried Judgement myself. And yeah, I haven't played in a long while, but when I'm feeling up for competitive multilayer, Gears 3 is my go-to. Both you and Deathstroker play together!? F%ck yeah, I gotta get in on this! My gamertag is Jake N7 (yes, with a space).

Yeah, well fair enough man. I think it's a big part of games, and I frequently keep my ear out for it, so I'd understand if you aren't as nutty about that stuff as me, and therefore have different opinions on video game OSTs. Everyone's got different tastes.

It honestly just seems far too out of touch from what Gears actually is. Two primary weapons, the character outfit customizing, the ability to jump off ledges and take fall damage, the new crosshairs.. it was just copying COD far too much and nearly ended up killing Gears as a franchise. I can't speak for it's campaign though.

Yes you do. We literally destroy people. Imagine what three of us could do! I'll add you soon since I'll be playing anyway.

Indeed, different strokes for different folks.

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: Oh! And Karen Traviss' Gears books are goddamn excellent. It was actually how I was introduced to several characters before they made their video game debut in Gears 3.

Bernie is a really cool character in Aspho Fields.. constantly beating the sh*t out of Baird xD. Traviss is a pretty rare writer to be honest. A former soldier writing amazing books about soldiers.. you can really tell that she's writing from personal experience. I imagine her Republic Commando books are just as good.

You ever read the Gears comics? I know they aren't considered canon, but I figure they might be alright anyway.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: Yeah, and it doesn't even seem to keep the same charm as the first 3 games.

Awesome! I'll be rather rusty to start, just to let you know. I might go and practice a bit by myself first actually. *goes and does just that*

She was so awesome. The dynamic she had with all the other characters was a really nice change of pace.

No, I haven't read them. Didn't even know they were considered non-canon! Did Gears 3 retcon them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Alrighty.

Eh, I dunno what made them non-canon. That's just what it says on the Gears wiki and wikipedia. I don't really have another source for it, but it makes sense. The comics were trying to fill in the time periods inbetween the games and the books. They were bound to slip up and start putting Delta Squad on missions, in locations they logically couldn't be. They just had too little to work with. Funnily enough though, Traviss wrote some (or possibly all, I can't remember) of the comics. Maybe she was the one who invented and then retconned the continuity errors?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: That would be quite ironic. Not surprising though. She's always been the kind of author that's more worried about telling a good story, rather than dancing around the proverbial continuity bush.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Megaman (NES) Soundtrack

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently, it would be RAGE and Mass Effect 1 as my favorite soundtracks.

There are a handful of retro games that I'd put higher, though.