What's your favorite Anime/Manga world to live in?

Avatar image for jokertheshining
JokerTheShining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JokerTheShining

Dragon Ball Z

No Caption Provided

One Piece

No Caption Provided

Naruto

No Caption Provided

Pokemon

No Caption Provided

Rozen Maiden

No Caption Provided

Sailor Moon

No Caption Provided

Hunter X Hunter

No Caption Provided

Fullmetal Alchemist

No Caption Provided

Bleach

No Caption Provided

Gundam

No Caption Provided

MAR

No Caption Provided

Tsubasa (the original author's reimagined continuation of the Cardcaptor's series)

No Caption Provided

Others:______.

Which world has the powers and abilities you've always wanted to have or be near with?

Keep in mind you won't become one of the characters in the world, I just want to know what world has the elements you like.

EDIT: And though you won't be any of the established character, you can still experience or learn the good and interesting elements from the world you choose.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By laflux

Of those listed probably between dragon-ball, full metal alchemist or Naruto. My own favourite would be Avatar though.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By betterboulder

ONE PIECE!

Sailing the seas with your friends, dodging the law, and using your weird powers for epic fights against pirates. What's not to like?

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

I'm f***ed no matter what I choose. Earth's population in Dragonball got killed over 3 times, I'll get robbed by super pirates if I was in One Piece, Killed by a ninja in Naruto, and get killed by a wild Pikachu in Pokemon.

JokerTheShining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JokerTheShining

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

I'm f***ed no matter what I choose. Earth's population in Dragonball got killed over 3 times, I'll get robbed by super pirates if I was in One Piece, Killed by a ninja in Naruto, and get killed by a wild Pikachu in Pokemon.

I just edited the article and included with this line so it would actually sound more viable:

"And though you won't be any of the established character, you can still experience or learn the good and interesting elements from the world you choose."

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was just a normal person in the world (not a main character or similarly powered) than I'd go with the Dragonball universe, as it has some cool technology (flying cars, houses that shrink into little capsules that can fit in your pocket, cool medical technology, really wide open spaces to live in or travel to) and all the really big fights take place in isolated or desolate areas so not a great deal of concern that I would die from stray energy blasts or final attacks.

If I could have abilities like the characters in those worlds, than I'd go with the Naruto universe. I wouldn't want to be a ninja (strange I know but I don't really see the thrill of it) but think it gives the greatest flexibility of kick-ass skills I could have and would want to be a Pro-bender (from Avatar: Legend of Kora) style athlete showing off my skills in a sports-like environment rather than constant death one. The world itself is also cool, with a nice blend of old-school asian style with some modern technology (like tv and running water).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another world that would be interesting is the one created in Kiba (Templer and the other countries, not the parallel world of Calm). Even if you aren't an established character, everyone in that world is able to use magic and have a summoned spirit at their disposal so at least things are more even than they would be if you were a normal person in one of the other universes.

MisterMxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MisterMxy

Pokemon gotta catch em all

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deadite

Since I happened to know all of these worlds, I'll say anyone who reads or watches the anime of Hunter X Hunter would know it has far more creative space than any of the other universe, because of the Nen factors.

Your character has a Nen type and you're born with the type of Nen you're in, it's based on your personality and background influences.

The more complicated or powerful the ability you're training to have (it's better if the ability fits your Nen group) the more rules and restrictions you'll have to set into your ability and those are just a lot of fun.

Plus the basic Nen fights is interesting enough so even if you're not in the Nen group that's good at basic Nen physical combat, you would still trained yourself competitively with basic nen fighting.

With the basics, you can stealth by erasing your Nen, learn to concentrate percentage of it on parts of your body and this is one of the reasons why Nen combats are so interesting, you are tapping in percentages of your Nen power to shield one part of your body that you're predicting the opponent will hit, and tapping another, say, 35% into your right arm. You distribute it based on your experience and your fighting technique.

Example on an ability you can create: Kurror's ability was stealing other Nen users ability, even though his Nen group was specialization (rarest to have, you'll have to be extremely unique, like having a hellish background.) Kuror has to have 5 rules/procedures planted into his ability. Before he uses his ability he'll have to fulfilled the rules

The Nen types:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nishi99

Dragon Ball Z

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JohnnyGat

Pokemon. Safest place to live in if you're a civilian and plus even then you could still compete with the best so long as you know how to train animals.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NerdsFTW

Hellsing.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadite

@NerdsFTW said:

Hellsing.

Interesting choice.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Deadite:Hellsing universe is nothing without this guy:

No Caption Provided
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I want to be a fighter Pilot in the Robotech Universe.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Probably Bleach...it's less crap tends to happen there than any other one, except for the occasional Hollow attack. 

The worst one would be  Dragonball Z, the Earth is constantly under attack by villains,  didn't Buu like kill 2/3rds of the population?

JokerTheShining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JokerTheShining

@The Stegman said:

Probably Bleach...it's less crap tends to happen there than any other one, except for the occasional Hollow attack. The worst one would be Dragonball Z, the Earth is constantly under attack by villains, didn't Buu like kill 2/3rds of the population?

Read the OP, you will have a chance to experience or learn the good and interesting elements from the world you choose. Think of it more like a video game world, not real world.

Unless if a person's reason for choosing DBZ world is to become a Super saiyan, since it's genetics, the person would have a thinned, random chance to have the Saiyan heritage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Pokemon.

Cuz with my luck in any other Anime universe I'd just be some normal guy he gets killed off. At least in pokemon it's pretty much garaunteed that I will be a pokemon trainer..

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Pokemon.

This.

I mean think about, I never have to go to school, I get to travel, meet all kinds of people, explore mysterious wonders in the world and becomes friend with these crazy little creatures which I can then use to fight against others and their crazy little creatures. Sounds like a pretty epic life to me.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@War Killer said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Pokemon.

This. I mean think about, I never have to go to school, I get to travel, meet all kinds of people, explore mysterious wonders in the world and becomes friend with these crazy little creatures which I can then use to fight against others and their crazy little creatures. Sounds like a pretty epic life to me.

Exactly. Would be epic, even if you wanted to be just a bug trainer. haha.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@JokerTheShining: In that case, I'd choose Naruto, just think of how many practical applications Shadow Clones and Transformation Jutsu could have.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Tales of Symphonia as the Chosen of Tethe'alla.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Dragon Ball Z of course.

Pokemon is a close second.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By isaac_clarke

Anything that is an upbeat harem - assuming I'll be the main character.

No idea why anyone would choose DBZ - every over day someone is trying to nuke your planet - which for the most part seems to be a desert wasteland with dinosaurs.

@god_spawn said:

Tales of Symphonia as the Chosen of Tethe'alla.

I really need to play / beat that game. I remember getting stuck sometime - in the sense I had no idea where I needed to go and giving up on completing it.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KnightRise

Assuming I'd still be a normal person: Pokemon. The least chance of dying and eternally 10 year old kids save the region/world/universe with minimal causualties. Plus I'd be a wicked Pokemon trainer

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Voorhees100

Tough, a lot of anime worlds are kinda sh*tty...I'd say Death Note, it's pretty much like our world, no alien attacks, or world ending occurrences.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

DBZ. I will become the only person to make a sane wish.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon - No one ever dies in Pokemon. Nuff said.

DBZ - There's a decent after-life there. Also, dragonballs.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either DBZ or Pokemon. Become Goku's friend and no matter how many times you die you can come back and get stronger, and even if you're evil, the guards in hell are probably weaker then you and you can escape. However, I think I would prefer Pokemon, where even if you're ordinary, you can control godlike beasts. Better then that, somebody like me could get far by attacking trainers and leaving their pokemon confused.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

I stand by what I said 11 months ago, Naruto. I can learn cool jutsu, including defying many laws of physics, It seems to have the most peaceful nations out of the Shonen manga, and shadow clones are quite useful. Plus, the Earth's population won't be wiped out everytime a villain gets bored like in DBZ :P

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Assuming I could only be 100% human

• Pokemon
  • Digimon
  • Zoids
  • Gundam
  • Sword Art Online
  • Crest/Banner of the Stars

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stand by what I said 11 months ago, Naruto. I can learn cool jutsu, including defying many laws of physics, It seems to have the most peaceful nations out of the Shonen manga, and shadow clones are quite useful. Plus, the Earth's population won't be wiped out everytime a villain gets bored like in DBZ :P

I think I'll agree on this one. This or sword art online.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ostyo

Pokemon. I will be the very best, like no one ever was!

That, or One Piece mothersuckers! Bow before your pirate king!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul Eater.

I would love to have a soul link and have a cool weapon.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bleach.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers