#54 Posted by Naamah (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy Bebop

#55 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy bebop and vampire hunter d

#56 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood & Gurren Lagann

Manga: Akira & 20th Century Boys

#57 Posted by xGilgameshx (18 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so many, id have to say Fate Zero, Fairy Tail, FMA Brotherhood just to name some of my top favorites, of course DBZ is a classic

#58 Posted by Immortal777 (7241 posts) - - Show Bio

Berserk

#59 Posted by nishi99 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ

Yu Yu Hakusho

Cowboy Bebop

Great Teacher Onizuka

School Rumble

Rurouni Kenshin

Code Geass

Death Note

Full Metal Panic

Baccano

#60 Posted by TheEd (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime: Cowboy Bebop, Fate/Zero, Aoi Bungaku, Berserk, Baccano, Durarara, Gungrave, Desert Punk, Index

Manga: Code Breaker, Berserk, Bleach, Claymore, Onepunch Man (best thing ever), Tenjo Tenge

I could go on forever. But, those are some of my favs.

#61 Posted by Jessica_Majestic (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Naruto Shippuden.

@Kawowoi said:

Naruto

I don't watch these as a fan but I have watched them and I have to say the action is probably the best I've seen from anime.

#62 Posted by Nefarious (19535 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jessica_Majestic: Cool and agreed.
#63 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Im currently watching the twelve kingdoms. Love it, great story, great characters, great universe, great music.

Also currently watching psycho pass which is extremely good.

#64 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

TV Show: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop
Movie: Sword of the Stranger / Street Fighter II

#65 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime: Got a lot of them but Yu Yu's number one eith Code Geass tied with it for me then the list goes on for a while like Deadman Wonderland, Kekkashi, Durarara, Rurouni Kenshin(I hate the fillers but I did love the Christian filler arc), Bleach, Naruto(original not shippuden), Casshern Sins, Zatch bell, History's strongest Disciple: Kenichi, and so many others.

Manga: One Piece, Bleach and a bunch of others but my current favorite is Hungry Joker, it's the newest shonen to come out and it's amazing

#66 Edited by The Stegman (23778 posts) - - Show Bio

Death Note, followed closely by Soul Eater.

#67 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many to name but my favorite manga would be Nana which hasn't updated in 2008 since the author has been struggling with depression. The series too left off to where it's reaching the climax. To this day though I always check for updates on when it'll be back. As for anime, that's a bit tricky since I have a lot of favorites.

#68 Posted by JediXMan (30193 posts) - - Show Bio

Code Geass.

#69 Posted by Icarus_Ashes (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Berserk is my all time favorite, honorable mentions to Beck and Spice and Wolf.

#70 Posted by scorpion2501 (5395 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiki

#71 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

Yu-Gi-Oh!

#72 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellsing.

#73 Edited by dboyrules2011 (12615 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach.

#74 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoids

#75 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I would list Avatar: The Last Airbender but I don't think it fits in that category. So I'd have to go with DragonBall/Z.

#76 Edited by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

I would list Avatar: The Last Airbender but I don't think it fits in that category. So I'd have to go with DragonBall/Z.

Avatar over DBZ?You f***ing kidding me,bro?

#77 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga: BERSERK, VAGABOND,ATTACK ON TITAN, GANTZ, Naruto,One piece, I'm really digging City of Darkness,and Magi is like my current obsession.Soul Eater's good,Bitter Virgin, and Deadman wonderland I could go on for a long time with this

Anime: Hellsing Ultimate(the original anime was garbage),The Count of Monte Crisco(soo soo beautiful),Baccono,Cowboy Bebop,Season 1 of Darker Then Black(All of them are just sooo F******* COOL)Code Geass (nuff said)

#78 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Darker than Black is above everything.

#79 Edited by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite animes of all time (so far) are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gurren Lagann and Eureka Seven. Attack On Titan is a new challenger though, see how it turns out.

My favourite manga writers are Naoki Urasawa (suspense) and Junji Ito (horror).

#80 Posted by JediXMan (30193 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxxddd said:

Hellsing.

The anime or OVA (Hellsing Ultimate)?

Personally, I liked both.

#81 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Childhood memories, all time favorite

#82 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

one piece

outlaw star

#83 Posted by longbowhunter (7018 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really my bag but I have enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist in the past and loved Welcome to the NHK.

#84 Edited by The Stegman (23778 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Avatar over DBZ?You f***ing kidding me,bro?

Even though it's not an anime, Avatar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ in every way shape and form.

-More well rounded interesting characters. Each character actually matters and has a point, they don't just stand around and wait for Goku to show up.

-More interesting/funny characters as well. Sokka cracks me up, Aang cracks me up, Zuko and Iroh are hilarious together, there is not a single funny character in DBZ.

-Better overall story. Aang, a boy who was lost in time because he ran away from his destiny now wakes up and has to fight to save a world he could have saved in the first place. Not to mention all of the other Aang Gang's development as characters. In DBZ it's pretty much "Evil alien comes, wants to destroy everything, fights Z fighter fodder, beats them, Goku shows up, beats him, rinse and repeat.''

-Better fights. While DBZ has more flashy, epic fights, I like Avatar's better as each one is different. Their choreography is so beautiful, fluid, and each bender has a unique way of fighting. DBZ, it's all pretty much the same. Rapid punching, powerup, rapid punching, saying "haaaaaaaaaa!'' for five minutes which leads to another powerup. Ends in Kamehameha.

DBZ was good when I was ten, but now it was pretty mediocre by anime standards.

#85 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Even though I disagree on a few points and especially considering that this is a completely subjective opinion, I do believe TLA is far superior to that of DBZ. Their characters are far more fleshed out and well rounded, the fighting is far more fluid, graceful and unique considering the different bending styles, there's less filler garbage and the story flows more naturally.

Although, that's not to say DBZ isn't good. After several years, I went back and watched my favourite saga's and still laughed at parts that were previously amusing to me as a child, but in terms of characters, there were only a select few who were consistantly interesting. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Future Trunks.

My biggest complaint regarding DBZ though is the severely inconsistant art design. At it's best, it still largely holds up to this day but then the art switches over and it's just boring. Most of the enjoyment I still have is out of pure nostalgia, which will keep me coming back but unfortunately, the majority of fights in DBZ are carbon copies of themselves as you already mentioned, albeit a few different transformations and energy attacks used.

#86 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

The anime or OVA (Hellsing Ultimate)?

Personally, I liked both.

Anime was slightly better.

#87 Edited by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Sgt. Frog

#88 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I love where Naruto is going. I hope it ends soon, though. So yeah that's currently my fav. I doubt it will end up in my top 5 fav of all time, though.

As for #1 all time, I pick the original Dragonball. Not Dragonball Z. Just Dragonball with kid Goku. It's not linear like its sequel. Not too over-the-top in power levels. And there is fun in its plots. Why DBZ is more popular than DB is beyond me. Still like DBZ though. Just not among my top ten.

#89 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4228 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime: Paranoia Agent

#90 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

#92 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7340 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 5 Manga/Anime

1.A Certain Magical Index series(Above every series IMO)

2.Kill La Kill

3.Durarara

4.One Piece

5.Shaman King

#94 Edited by Xwraith (16810 posts) - - Show Bio

Gurren Lagann and Code Geass.

#95 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Gurren Lagann and Code Geass.

...Nice

#96 Edited by Wolverine08 (40663 posts) - - Show Bio

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#97 Posted by JakeN7 (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Kill la Kill

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo

Naruto

Naruto Shippuden (some of it, I like the games the most)

Attack on Titan

Spirited Away

#98 Posted by SavageSick97 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Saint Seiya

#99 Edited by Teerack (5728 posts) - - Show Bio

One Piece is the best manga.

For best anime..... Gurren Laggan I guess.

#100 Edited by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

(Movies)