#1 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

dont get me wrong i love marvel but lately they have just been to much... i mean cant they just make a regular old fashion comic with out introducing a new character or a main character like being changed joining a team or dying? honestly im supprised they didnt just start over like the new fifty two

#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been a train wreck for the last couple of years. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting better any time soon.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Now has twice as many good titles as DC's New 52 imo

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

They've made a LOT of good changes

#5 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.

Their are very few titles that I've went, "This is crap".

Indestructible Hulk, Thor, Every Avengers Title, Everything Xmen except Legacy, Journey into Mystery, Deadpool, etc are all fantastic.

#6 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walzo said:

@White Mage said:

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.

Indestructible Hulk, Thor, Every Avengers Title, Everything Xmen except Legacy, Journey into Mystery, Deadpool, etc are all fantastic.

The X-Men's drama shift has breathed new life into the entire franchise...no joke.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with Marvel is they've went entirely corporate since being bought by Disney. And their higher prices and more limited distribution.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't speak on this since I'm holding with my word to not read Marvel again until Superior Spiderman is over and thus far I haven't gone back on it.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Walzo said:

@White Mage said:

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.

The X-Men's drama shift has breathed new life into the entire franchise...no joke.

completely agree...All New X-men has been nothing but great and besides Uncanny X-Force we haven't seen that in a while

#10 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Walzo said:

@White Mage said:

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.

I disliked Bendis on Avengers. However, I really do like All New X-Men.

#11 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I can't speak on this since I'm holding with my word to not read Marvel again until Superior Spiderman is over and thus far I haven't gone back on it.

I started reading that BECAUSE of the change........and I find myself enjoying it

#12 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@joshmightbe said:

I started reading that BECAUSE of the change........and I find myself enjoying it

I'm not happy with the change but it does offer some intriguing story possibilities....plus it'll be reversed in a year or two...maybe less

#13 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I'm just loving the direction that Marvel is taking. It isn't a "big events" whore....it's just giving a long, well thought out storyline, with interesting twists that each deserve their own spinoff book (and have so far gotten just that)

@Walzo said:

@White Mage said:

@Walzo said:

@White Mage said:

@danhimself said:

THANK YOU!

PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.

I disliked Bendis on Avengers. However, I really do like All New X-Men.

He's definitely on it...........I think he gets off on drama, so this was right up his alley

#14 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@White Mage said:

@joshmightbe said:

I'm not happy with the change but it does offer some intriguing story possibilities....plus it'll be reversed in a year or two...maybe less

Oh, there's no way in hell that they can maintain this change.lol but the "villain" twist is really intriguing to me.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: If you like it that's great but I just can't support it. I won't hate on anyone who does this is just my opinion and I won't force it on people.

#16 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walzo said:

Say anything bad about Legacy again and people won't have to worry "Where's Walzo?" because YOU'LL BE DEAD.

Just kidding. I DO like Legacy though.

On topic, Marvel seems to have forgotten that we don't read comics to watch friend turn against friend, mutant against mutant, superhero against superhero. We read them to watch good guys who toss around planets punch bad guys who want to take over planets. They've gotten so caught up over the last years of trying to add some intrigue with the hero versus hero they've forgotten, "THEY FIGHT BAD GUYS TOO!" Even Dark Reign was focused on the good guys being the bad guys and the vice versa. That said: Marvel NOW is by and large AWESOME. I only dislike Superior Spider-Man thus far, and it's only two issues in, so I'm still willing to give it a chance.

#17 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

i wasnt saying there bad changes all im saying is they need to slow down i think

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@White Mage: If you like it that's great but I just can't support it. I won't hate on anyone who does this is just my opinion and I won't force it on people.

I pass no judgment.......if they did that to Storm, I'd snap, crackle, AND pop

#19 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has some really good titles at the moment.

Thor God of Thunder especially.

#20 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@neil419 said:

i wasnt saying there bad changes all im saying is they need to slow down i think

slow down what?

#21 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Walzo said:

Say anything bad about Legacy again and people won't have to worry "Where's Walzo?" because YOU'LL BE DEAD.

Just kidding. I DO like Legacy though.

On topic, Marvel seems to have forgotten that we don't read comics to watch friend turn against friend, mutant against mutant, superhero against superhero. We read them to watch good guys who toss around planets punch bad guys who want to take over planets. They've gotten so caught up over the last years of trying to add some intrigue with the hero versus hero they've forgotten, "THEY FIGHT BAD GUYS TOO!" Even Dark Reign was focused on the good guys being the bad guys and the vice versa. That said: Marvel NOW is by and large AWESOME. I only dislike Superior Spider-Man thus far, and it's only two issues in, so I'm still willing to give it a chance.

Yeah, Marvel needs to focus on some new villains, that's why I'm excited by what I've read of Avengers.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I'm sure it won't last forever but I have been spending money for years on stuff I hated just to support the Marvel characters I love but I just can't get behind these decisions I hate anymore. I'll catch up with Marvel Now in trades after the thing is over but for now they can't have my cash

#23 Edited by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Honestly I feel like Superior Spider-Man, or at least what little of it we've seen so far, is the best spider-related thing that Dan Slott's written. I still think the idea is ridiculous, but the execution of said ridiculous idea has been impressive.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I feel you...stand up for what you believe man

#25 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: they are making alot of changes really fast not all bad but i think its just too much at once they should slow down and make the good ideas better

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: Maybe if this had happened further away from AVX my attitude would have been different but my annoyance from that has soured me.

#27 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Understandable. I avoided AVX like the plague and didn't read a single issue relating to it (saved a lot of money as a result, too) so I don't have that to ruin my outlook.

#28 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Between Image, Marvel & DC, I have DC at a distant third with Marvel in the lead. I can't find anything redeeming about DC other than Batman & that's starting to wear on me. But with Marvel you have so many things to choose from. Between Ultimate Spider-man, the new direction with X-Men, Thor and you know Hickman is going to strike gold with the Avengers after what he did with FF.

#29 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@neil419 said:

@danhimself: they are making alot of changes really fast not all bad but i think its just too much at once they should slow down and make the good ideas better

Marvel Now was Marvel's answer to DC's New 52...they needed something big and news worthy but they saw how long term fans reacted to the New 52 so they relaunched instead of rebooted....most of the titles flow out of the events of Avengers vs X-men....a lot of Marvel's writers had been on the same books for a looooong time so they moved people around...it's given us some really fresh takes on these characters and there really haven't been to many big changes

#30 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6107 posts) - - Show Bio

@neil419:

@danhimself said:

@neil419 said:

Marvel Now was Marvel's answer to DC's New 52...they needed something big and news worthy but they saw how long term fans reacted to the New 52 so they relaunched instead of rebooted....most of the titles flow out of the events of Avengers vs X-men....a lot of Marvel's writers had been on the same books for a looooong time so they moved people around...it's given us some really fresh takes on these characters and there really haven't been to many big changes

Plus, they're doing it a lot slower than the New 52. DC relaunched everything in the same month, Marvel is taking at least five I think.

#31 Posted by Xcalibur (309 posts) - - Show Bio

To me Marvel makes changes whenever one of their character gets a movie. Yeah, I know two different worlds but from a non fanboy view...it's the truth. I personally don't bother with Marvel. And not that I'm into DC they also piss me off with this New 52 Joker Leatherface gimmick. But I doubt I will return to Marvel sometime in the future. As if Marvel cares about me or other fans.