What's better: Farcry 3 or Tomb Raider?

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KingOfAsh

Just a simple question for today. What do you think is a better game between the Tomb Raider reboot or Far Cry 3? Both seem to be similar in concept (on an island, survival). I'm likely to play both eventually, but I'll have to buy one rather than the other (First World problems are always such a pain). I've looked around, asked some friends and I see that both sides have big arguements for why I should play which. Which one do you think is better? Please give good reasons and don't just say "Farcry 3" or "Tomb Raider." Also don't be a fanboy/girl if you can help it.

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3
Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bluefox170

I honestly haven't got a chance to play Tomb Raider but you just can't go wrong with Farcry 3 in my opinion. Great story and it's very immersive. You will actually feel yourself becoming less urbanized to more predatorily motivated. The game has you imagining yourself in the protagonists shoes during the entirety of the character building experience.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DH69

Well im still bitter about the lara redesign (i dont care, i grew up with the torpedo chest look and i miss it) but both games are truely terrific, Honestly i'd go with far cry the sand box enviroment and stuff to do in the game will give you hours and hours of stuff to do, and its one of few games where the villains are the real showcase. they truely are insane and evil and they dont even try to hide it, tomb raider definetly gives a better story, but sadly to me it doesnt beat Uncharteds franchise.

Edit: Oh and dont get your hope ups for eithers multiplayer if thats what you're lookin for, both suck...

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Bruxae

Id go with Far Cry if I were you.. Since you are on a limited budget for now and are gonna try both eventually (Id gladly recommend both to you), Far Cry has a bit more to do in it so it will keep you busy better until you can afford to get Tomb Raider aswell! I also felt like FC had a better more involving story.. The one downside is that you cant really change the fact that you are playing as a specific character wich doesnt really suit a free roaming game, but its a minor inconvenience, you only see your own face in a picture now and then.

Tomb Raider really is a great game, just.. FC was better, one of the best games of 2012 in my opinion, and im a Lara fangirl.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Depends on your taste really. I've invested a lot of time in Far Cry cause it is such a solid game. But I prefer Tomb Raider's genre cause I'm an Indiana Jones addict. So I'd pick Tomb Raider. That said, bias aside, I think Far Cry is the superior game overall.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

Far Cry 3. Haven't played the new tomb raider and i don't intend to. FC3 was awesome.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WarBlade539

Both are different games. Far Cry 3 makes you feel like 'John Rambo'...essentially. It's a FPS. Whereas Tomb Raider is more like a cross between Indiana Jones and Uncharted. Both are very different games and both are equally good.